What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Glacially Paced, Sloth-like Tempo Mock (1 Viewer)

If a guard for TB, A.J. Cann, Laken Tomlinson and Tre Jackson all avail., no collegiate pure guard at the position selected yet.

The only potential guards (if that is what they are) taken so far were projected OT conversions like Scherff and Collins.

In 2014, after brilliant first round All-Pro LT conversion Zack Martin (last rookie first team All-Pro OL was nearly seven decades ago), the next two guards off the board went early in round two, XSF to HOU (#33) and Bitonio to CLE (#35). Bitonio had been an OT for Nevada, XSF was versatile and played both inside and outside at UCLA, with most scouts thinking the former would be his most natural pro position. XSF struggled somewhat with the NFL transition, Bitonio looks like he could be a future Pro Bowler.

Last edited by a moderator:
This article also identifies the two largest remaining post-free agency needs as OL (both OT and guard) and DE.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2391099-tampa-bay-buccaneers-reassessing-draft-needs-after-first-wave-of-free-agency

Lovie is a defensive HC, so that could mean he will prioritize that side, OR, that maybe he is more confident of being able to cobble together a functional defense with spare parts, cast offs, vet cuts and later round picks.

Since the Bucs need multiple OL positions (OT AND guard), and may want to protect their new franchis QB Winston, I'm inclined to give them an OL like Oregon OT Jake Fisher or Penn St. OT Donovan Smith, or a guard such as Cann or Tomlinson, noted above. On the principle that it might be easier to find interior OL later, I'm going to pick Fisher, who was one of the fastest OTs at the Combine.

I mentioned the earlier PM from an OAK fan, and will make that pick in a moment.

#34 Jake Fisher, OT Oregon

#35 Owamagbe "Announcer's Nightmare" Odighizuwa, DE UCLA

* The DE's Odighizuwa and Preston Smith of Mississipi St. were considerations for TB, if not OT/guard. In fact, those were the two names I received by the OAK fan in the PM, with the UCLA DE first, so that is who I'll give to OAK. He thought WR and DE were the two biggest needs (rationale can be furnished later if desired, or not, cool either way, the position AND player lined up with the below mock, and the UCLA DE pops up in some mock first rounds, doesn't seem like a BPA reach, so that suffices for my purposes - naturally critiques and alternate suggestions, whether other players or even positions are welcomed, as with all picks), and with WR Cooper already ensconced in the Black Hole, mission accomplished, a good start for the Raiders. Now if they can just be as successful finding a home (Oakland, LA, St. Louis???)

Below is a two round mock by Eric Edhom of Yahoo/Shutdown Corner. He has the two DEs just mentioned going successively to TB and OAK. Also, I only count three of his 32 picks not in our first round, so I feel we are largely on the right track.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/nfl-mock-draft--resetting-rounds-1-and-2-after-free-agency-195000083.html

This article also identifies the two remaining post-free agency needs as OL (both OT and guard) and DE.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2391099-tampa-bay-buccaneers-reassessing-draft-needs-after-first-wave-of-free-agency

Lovie is a defensive HC, so that could mean he will prioritize that side, OR, that maybe he is more confident of being able to cobble together a functional defense with spare parts, cast offs, vet cuts and later round picks.

Since the Bucs need multiple OL positions (OT AND guard), and may want to proect their new franchis QB Winston, I'm inclined to give them an OL like Oregon OT Jake Fisher or Penn St. OT Donovan Smith, or a guard such as Cann or Tomlinson, noted above.On the principle that it might be easier to find interior OL later, I'm going to pick Fisher, who was one of the fastest OTs at the Combine.

I mentioned the earlier PM from an OAK fan, and will make that pick in a moment.
If they need both tackles and guards equally I would definitely lean Fisher, the guards available in the third are still gonna be good, not the case with Tackles and Fisher is arguably a first round talent.

Exactly my rationale, JAX is up, NYJ on deck. I will be leaving shortly, and back about 4:00 PST. It is fine to make picks up to the Rams, if you get that far (looking doubtful).

* Fast moving glacier, chipper sloth, last two picks house cleaning/tying up loose ends department:

NFL.com's Gil Brandt article on Oregon's pro day.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000478650/article/oregons-jake-fisher-made-some-money-with-stellar-pro-day

Excerpt - "Fisher (6-foot-6 3/4, 308 pounds) has 33 1/2-inch arms and 10 3/8-inch hands. Fisher stood on his numbers from the NFL Scouting Combine, where he had the best time among offensive linemen in the three-cone drill and 20-yard short shuttle, and was a top performer in his position group in the 40-yard dash and vertical jump. Fisher is an unbelievably good athlete -- he was a high school tight end -- and was very impressive at the pro day. Fisher made some money Thursday."

Brandt on UCLA's pro day.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000477859/article/uclas-hundley-odighizuwa-help-themselves-at-pro-day

Excerpt - "Defensive end Owamagbe Odighizuwa (6-3 1/4, 262) now looks like he could get drafted in the picks Nos. 25-40 range (late first round or early second). Odighizuwa worked out for 20-plus minutes for the Seahawks' defensive line coach. Then, he went to go work out with the linebackers. Odighizuwa is a very good athlete -- he was a top performer among defensive linemen at the NFL Scouting Combine in the 40-yard dash, 20-yard shuttle and 60-yard shuttle, and the top performer among defensive linemen in the vertical jump and broad jump.

Odighizuwa has good power, and is probably better going forward than dropping into space (as an outside linebacker). So, he will be considered a hand-in-the-ground pass rusher."

Oakland Raiders

The Raiders two biggest needs in my opinion are DE and WR. Then the next biggest need is OG. I feel like the Raiders can land a good OG in the 3rd round like last year when the Raiders drafted Gabe Jackson.

In the first round after Williams was gone for me it came down to Cooper or White. I have no idea which one the Raiders like more so I went with the more polished WR in Cooper. I went with WR in the 1st round because I felt like there would be one possibly two very good DE options left available at the beginning of round two in Odiqhizuwa and Smith.

Once again I have no idea who the Raiders would prefer between Odighizuwa and Smith. I had no real preference between Odighizuwa and Smith both will be good players in the league in my opinion.

1st Round Amari Cooper WR Alabama

2nd Round Owamagbe Odighizuwa DE UCLA

Posting updated mock here so people don't have to toggle back and forth.

===================

Round 2

33) TEN -Marcus Mariota, QB Oregon

P.J. Williams, CB Florida St.

34) TB - - Jameis Winston, QB Florida St.

Fisher, Jake OT 6'6" 306 Oregon

35) OAK -Amari Cooper, WR Alabama

DE Owamagbe Odighizuwa SR 6-3/267/4.53 UCLA

36) JAX -Leonard Williams, DE USC

Jacksonville team needs: Top 5 needs: OL, CB, RB, S, LB

37) NYJ -Vic Beasley, LB Clemson New York Jets Top 5 needs: QB, OLB, OL, WR, RB
38) WAS -Dante Fowler, DE/LB Florida Washington Redskins Top 5 needs: S, CB, RT, ILB, OLB
39) CHI -Danny Shelton, DT Washington Chicago Bears Top 5 needs: OLB, NT, OL, S, WR
40) NYG -Brandon Scherff, G/T Iowa New York Giants Top 5 needs: FS, LB, DT, OL, TE
41) STL -Kevin White, WR W. Virginia St. Louis Rams Top 5 needs: G, WR, CB, OT, S
42) ATL -Randy Gregory, DE Nebraska Atlanta Falcons Top 5 needs: OLB, ILB, TE, OL, WR
43) CLE -DGB, WR = (from BUF) - Eli Harold, LB Virginia Cleveland Browns Top 5 needs: WR, QB, TE, OLB, NT
44) NO -La'el Collins, G/T LSU = (from SEA) - Jalen Collins, CB LSU New Orleans Saints Top 5 needs: OLB, OG, WR, TE, QB
45) MIN -DeVante Parker, WR Louisville Minnesota Vikings Top 5 needs: OT, LB, CB, G, DT
46) SF -Alvin "Bud" Dupree, LB Kentucky San Francisco 49ers Top 5 needs: ILB, CB, DL, OL, WR
47) MIA -Trae Waynes, CB Michigan St. Miami DolphinsTop 5 needs: WR, G, DT, CB, RB
48) SD -Andrus Peat, OT Stanford San Diego Chargers Top 5 needs: OL, LB, RB, DL, WR
49) KC -Ereck Flowers, OT Miami Kansas City Chiefs Top 5 needs: OL, DT, WR, CB, LB
50) BUF - * Buffalo Bills Top 5 needs: QB, G, LB, DT, TE
51) HOU -Erick Kendricks, LB UCLA Houston Texans Top 5 needs: WR, ILB, OLB, CB, G
52) PHI -Shane Ray, LB Missouri Philadelphia Eagles Top 5 needs: CB, S, G, WR, OLB
53) CIN -D.J. Humphries, OT Florida Cincinnati Bengals Top 5 needs: NT, WR, OT, LB, TE
54) DET -Todd Gurley, RB Georgia Detroit Lions Top 5 needs: DT, CB, OL, RB, WR
55) ARI -Malcom Brown, DT Texas Arizona Cardinals Top 5 needs: ILB, OLB, DT, RB, CB
56) PIT -Marcus Peters, CB Washington Pittsburgh Steelers Top 5 needs: CB, S, OLB, TE, OL
57) CAR -T.J. Clemmings, OT Pittsburgh Carolina Panthers Top 5 needs: LT, WR, CB, RB, S
58) BAL -Landon Collins, S Alabama Baltimore Ravens Top 5 needs: WR, CB, OLB, RB, S
59) DEN -Kevin Johnson, CB Wake Forest Denver Broncos Top 5 needs: OL, TE, DL, OLB, QB
60) DAL -Melvin Gordon, RB Wisconsin Dallas Cowboys Top 5 needs: CB, RB, DT, OL, LB
61) IND -Cameron Erving, C/G/OT Florida St. Indianapolis Colts Top 5 needs: SS, RT, RB, CB, ILB
62) GB -Arik Armstead, DE Oregon Green Bay Packers Top 5 needs: ILB, CB, TE, DL, OL
63) SEA -* Seattle Seahawks Top 5 needs: WR, G, OT, DT, CB
64) NE - Jordan Phillips, DT Oklahoma New England Patriots Top 5 needs: G, WR, DT, S, DE

Even though they drafted Lee and Robinson last year, Breshad Perriman would be a boost to the Jags' offense. And he's a former teammate of Bortles.

Shaq Thompson should be taken soon too.

I'll pick for the Jags to keep things going... Jay Ajayi, RB, Boise.

Should be a 3-down back and can take some stress off Bortles, replacing the uninspiring Gerhart/DRob/Pierce.

Even though they drafted Lee and Robinson last year, Breshad Perriman would be a boost to the Jags' offense. And he's a former teammate of Bortles.

Shaq Thompson should be taken soon too.
On a BPA basis, WRs Strong and Perriman really stand/stood out, Thompson, as well, though not as unusual to see him land in the second round (based on the mocks I've seen).

JAX also has Hurns, not sure if Blackmon is eligible to be reinstated (though even so, probably not advisable to count on him) and they also signed TE Julius Thomas in free agency. Good point about Bortles and Perriman being teammates at UCF.

I'm going to give WAS A.J. Cann, G South Carolina, one of the top interior OL in the draft.

They added Fowler at 1.5, and virtually all their moves in free agency so far have been on the defensive side of the ball. WAS gave up the second most sacks in the NFL last year. The most recent teams of new GM Scot McCloughan (SEA, SF) and HC Jay Gruden (CIN) have consistently made the playoffs lately, in part, with rugged, physical OLs to help run the ball. That would take pressure off of RG3 (or whoever lines up behind center for the franchise, long term).

* WR Strong would certainly fit by a BPA criteria (he may go to a team in the mid-first like KC or HOU in the actual draft?), Maxx Williams is the best in class TE. But WAS already has WRs DeSean Jackson, Pierre Garcon and Andre Roberts (who wouldn't have even signed in free agency if he could have known Jackson would end up there), and Jordan Reed is a talent at TE if he could ever stay healthy. Alfred Morris is only 26 and has nearly 4,000 combined rushing yards in his first three seasons, so the franchise already has some good pieces to the offensive puzzle in place. But they need to stop the bleeding in pass blocking from the OL.

CHI OTC, NYG on deck.

I was considering Cann for Jacksonville but from what I read about him, he does not fit the ZBS very well, so might not have been a good fit there. Ayaji certainly a good pick that I was considering as well.

I cannot pick for the Bears but they should likely try to improve their defense.

Colts gladly select Cameron Erving, OL, FSU.

Protecting the franchise QB trumps all. With last year's UDFA Harrison at C, a beat down Herremans at RG, and overpaid Cherilus at RT, Erving may start day 1. Love his positional flexibility.
I'm now expecting the Chargers to pick Erving at 17. Need meets best center in the draft.

CHI already added Shelton at DT. All the MLB/ILBs after Kendrick's still there (McKinney from Mississippi St. might be the best, taken at the end of the first in some mocks, Perryman also avail, not sure if he lasts until the third round, or is more of a two down thumper against the run?). Shaq Thompson was mentioned, but he would have been a better fit in the old 4-3 as a classic seek and destroy WLB, don't see him as a 3-4 ILB. Some mocks have the Bears taking Cooper or White at 1.7 with the departure of Marshall, but they already have a stud WR1 in Jeffery. Strong would be a great WR2 complement, and has been a running BPA steal for a while now. Cutler is shaky and highly suspect, and no QBs taken after the top two (in the real draft, maybe a team in the second round comes up to the end of the first, like MIN with Bridgewater last year), but I'm not sure that is the kind of pick an older HC like Fox would look for to facilitate a quick turnaround, when it might not help for a year or two. But not sure if the GM has final authority and makes the call there?

Any other thoughts? I already did TB and WAS in the second round so far (after long delays), with STL coming up, would rather have someone else make the pick, or do it collaboratively.

2.39 - Chicago - Garrett Grayson, QB Colorado State

Just because they're stuck with Cutler on the roster doesn't mean he has to play. A second round QB isn't a big financial investment. He'd immediately be a big upgrade as their number two. Fox doesn't start almost any rookie so learning for a year would be normal anyway.

And then there's the idea that he's actually a good QB...

Getting caught up on picks.

------------------------------

Round 2

33) TEN -Marcus Mariota, QB Oregon

Williams, P.J. CB 6'0" 194 Florida St

34) TB - - Jameis Winston, QB Florida St.

Fisher, Jake OT 6'6" 306 Oregon

35) OAK -Amari Cooper, WR Alabama

DE Owamagbe Odighizuwa SR 6-3/267/4.53 UCLA

36) JAX -Leonard Williams, DE USC

Ajayi, Jay RB 6'0" 221 Boise St.

37) NYJ -Vic Beasley, LB Clemson New York Jets Top 5 needs: QB, OLB, OL, WR, RB

Perriman, Breshad WR 6'2" 212 Central Florida

38) WAS -Dante Fowler, DE/LB Florida Washington Redskins Top 5 needs: S, CB, RT, ILB, OLB

Cann, A.J. OG 6'3" 313 South Carolina

39) CHI -Danny Shelton, DT Washington Chicago Bears Top 5 needs: OLB, NT, OL, S, WR

Grayson, Garrett QB 6'2" 213 Colorado St.

=====================================

40) NYG -Brandon Scherff, G/T Iowa New York Giants Top 5 needs: FS, LB, DT, OL, TE

41) STL -Kevin White, WR W. Virginia St. Louis Rams Top 5 needs: G, WR, CB, OT, S
42) ATL -Randy Gregory, DE Nebraska Atlanta Falcons Top 5 needs: OLB, ILB, TE, OL, WR
43) CLE -DGB, WR = (from BUF) - Eli Harold, LB Virginia Cleveland Browns Top 5 needs: WR, QB, TE, OLB, NT
44) NO -La'el Collins, G/T LSU = (from SEA) - Jalen Collins, CB LSU New Orleans Saints Top 5 needs: OLB, OG, WR, TE, QB
45) MIN -DeVante Parker, WR Louisville Minnesota Vikings Top 5 needs: OT, LB, CB, G, DT
46) SF -Alvin "Bud" Dupree, LB Kentucky San Francisco 49ers Top 5 needs: ILB, CB, DL, OL, WR
47) MIA -Trae Waynes, CB Michigan St. Miami DolphinsTop 5 needs: WR, G, DT, CB, RB
48) SD -Andrus Peat, OT Stanford San Diego Chargers Top 5 needs: OL, LB, RB, DL, WR
49) KC -Ereck Flowers, OT Miami Kansas City Chiefs Top 5 needs: OL, DT, WR, CB, LB
50) BUF - * Buffalo Bills Top 5 needs: QB, G, LB, DT, TE

Took a look at Giants team needs and the moves they've made in the offseason. Holy crap. Their has been a TON of offseason movement with the G-Men. Have you seen their transaction page? It reads like War and Peace with 23 F'ng moves so far so I won't paste it but they have addressed pretty much every major glaring weakness outside of the safety position where they lost Antrel Rolle and haven't made any moves at that position.

Also they did address RB by signing Shane Vereen but their is are a few good RBs still available.

This is what Walter Football say about the Giants safety position.

Two Safeties: New York's top three safeties all have expiring contracts. Antrel Rolle was coming off a down year, anyway. The Giants will likely have to address this position in the draft.

EDIT: Didn't even think of it but Shaq Thomson looks like a perfect fit here. Huge talent, lots of upside, this is the spot in the draft teams typically roll the dice on that sort of player, immense raw talent with huge upside and he fits glaring team need.

Donnybrook said:
As Bracie has noted above safety is a need for the Giants but this draft class is week at the position and no one jumps out at me as a top of round 2 type prospect. The Giants have the often injured and declining Jon Beason as their middle line backer. I think they rush to the podium and select:

Benardrick McKinney – Mississippi State
Great pick Donny and I wasn't thinking Shaq when I read their team needs but just thought of it before you made your pick but still Benardick McKinney is a solid pick and fits Caughlin's type of player too.

Donnybrook said:
As Bracie has noted above safety is a need for the Giants but this draft class is week at the position and no one jumps out at me as a top of round 2 type prospect. The Giants have the often injured and declining Jon Beason as their middle line backer. I think they rush to the podium and select:

Great pick Donny and I wasn't thinking Shaq when I read their team needs but just thought of it before you made your pick but still Benardick McKinney is a solid pick and fits Caughlin's type of player too.
I changed my mind after listening to Daniel Jeremiah and Mayock say that he lacks instincts. I tried to delete my post before anyone saw it but you are just too fast.

I am thinking Steven Anthony is probably a better pick.

Donnybrook said:

I changed my mind after listening to Daniel Jeremiah and Mayock say that he lacks instincts. I tried to delete my post before anyone saw it but you are just too fast.

I am thinking Steven Anthony is probably a better pick.
OK, for the record.

NY Giants did not take LB Benardick McKinney but instead took:

Anthony, Stephone ILB 6'3" 243 Clemson

Rams are up now.

BTW, thanks for the CHI and NYG picks and keeping things rolling.

Yutz, tough choice between OL and developmental QB.

If La'el Collins had been the pick at 1.10, that would have made a pick like QB Hundley or Petty more viable. But with Kevin White being the pick, hard to not have even one OL, their single biggest need position by far, through two rounds. It would also seem ridiculous if the potential long term franchise QB Foles were injured (and he has missed time all three seasons), due to lack of OL talent and pass protection, because a backup QB pick was prioritized. Bummer if Hundley and/or Petty become starting caliber and Foles doesn't pan out, but if they had shown more flashes of being special, probably wouldn't be available here. Snead recently said he sides with the philosophy of taking the BPA early (led to Aaron Donald). MLB McKinney COULD be looked at, but Laurinaitis can still play for a few more years, and his cap hit shrank dramatically in 2015, to about $4 million, I think (Chris Long in the neighborhood of $12 million?). Maybe a CB, as expected starters Jenkins and Trumaine Johnson are both in contract years, and not elite talents. Rookie sixth round CB E.J. Gaines played great after Johnson hurt his knee in the pre-season (and was fifth among all NFL players, not just rookies, in performane-based bonus pay), and could push the incumbent for the starting gig.

Rams take Laken Tomlinson, G Duke

Has a second/third round grade, so could be available later. Rams also might look at other top guard prospects if there (A.J. Cann and Tre Jackson), as well as a RT prospect like Jake Fisher or Donovan Smith, if they fall, and depending on if they re-sign 2014 starter Joe Barksdale between now and the draft. The Rams are interested at the right price, contract demands were initially out of whack for a RT that is serviceable but not special, than he went on his honeymoon. Tomlinson was a first team All-American and helped turn the Duke program around. While not a spectacular athlete (guards rarely are, with the exception of a prospect like Scherff), he was one of the better performers at the Senior Bowl, and reportedly got rave reviews for stalemating stud DT Danny Shelton. One attribute that would be greatly appreciated by Fisher, who has had OLs riddled with multiple injuries during his STL tenure, is durability and resilience, he has started all 52 games in four years. Great character, exemplary work ethic and professionalism, he is extremely bright*, and should have no problem grasping the playbook after excelling with pre-med curriculum. Can absorb and deflect in the pass game as well as maul in the run game (no sacks allowed in the past two years).

Pretty thorough, systematic and balanced scouting report.

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2015/03/2015-nfl-draft-player-profiles-duke-g-laken-tomlinson/

* Good background article, originally from Jamaica, Tomlinson had a dual major in evolutionary anthropology and psychology and aspires to one day be a neuro-surgeon (ironically, he could operate on the same brain he inflicted trauma on while playing).

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/neurology-or-nfl--it-s-both-for-draft-prospect-laken-tomlinson-200728277.html

Atlanta's needs read nearly identical to the Giants where the G-Men made 23 moves to their roster and Atlanta has made 22, both the Giants and Falcons have safety as their top need and both lost two safeties. They also could use O-Line help but here's what Walter Football says of their safety and offensive line needs, the top two left on their list that haven't been addressed yet..

-----

http://walterfootball.com/offseason2015atl.php

• Two Safeties: The glaring need the Falcons have in their secondary is at the safety position. Dwight Lowery is a free agent, so if he's not retained, a safety is needed next to William Moore. Another is needed for depth.
  • Guard: The Falcons cut Justin Blalock because he wasn't a good fit for their new blocking scheme. They'll have to replace him.

We don't have dibs on teams, per the directions. Picking for a team in an earlier round doesn't lock them into a later one. If that person is around, all the better, but not a necessity. In part, the impetus of this format was, not only to expedite things (which backfired spectacularly, as non-homers seem reluctant in some cases to weigh in on teams outside their immediate sphere, and had if anything the opposite effect), but also to specifically seek out fresh and novel perspectives, in the hopes of being IN AGGREGATE more refractory to group think. Multiple perspectives on a team fits in with this intention.

Proceed, CC.

* The updates are appreciated, as well as the BPA and team need-type background info and running commentary. Rule interpretation (like DEN should be allowed to re-pick, or the above) really isn't needed. Anybody who wants to, can do their own mock, and conduct it however they want. Thanks.

We don't have dibs on teams, per the directions.

Proceed, CC.

* The updates are appreciated, as well as the BPA and team need-type background info and running commentary. Rule interpretation (like DEN should be allowed to re-pick, or the above) really isn't needed. Anybody who wants to, can do their own mock, and conduct it however they want. Thanks.
He never said he was picking for the Falcons or any team. He never declared so I went back to check and he didn't make a pick for any team so I think he probably was just funnin'.

Here's the Browns pick at #19 in case I'm away :

With the 19th selection in the 2015 NFL Draft, the Cleveland Browns select Matt Dooley, long snapper, Indiana.

Kiper : "I know he's only the 5th or 6th highest rated long snapper in this class, but I think he has the best upside of the lot. He has a really tight spiral on his snaps and hits the holders hands at least 60-70% of the time. Having drafted a kicker at #12, the last thing you want is to have him out there to win games for you only for him not to get a chance because of errant snaps. A quality LS here is a must. Plus, he's listed at 6'4" 243 with 5.11 speed, so he offers some position flexibility for when situational football calls for an extremely undersized tackle or a painfully slow tight end."

**Note : If one of the next three teams gobbles Dooley up before 19, please plug in "Jesse Schmitt, LS, Purdue" in place of the bolded. Everything else I just wrote remains identical.**
Also, a better fit than DGB.

With the 19th selection in the 2015 NFL Draft, the Cleveland Browns select Matt Dooley, long snapper, Indiana.

Kiper : "I know he's only the 5th or 6th highest rated long snapper in this class, but I think he has the best upside of the lot. He has a really tight spiral on his snaps and hits the holders hands at least 60-70% of the time. Having drafted a kicker at #12, the last thing you want is to have him out there to win games for you only for him not to get a chance because of errant snaps. A quality LS here is a must. Plus, he's listed at 6'4" 243 with 5.11 speed, so he offers some position flexibility for when situational football calls for an extremely undersized tackle or a painfully slow tight end."

**Note : If one of the next three teams gobbles Dooley up before 19, please plug in "Jesse Schmitt, LS, Purdue" in place of the bolded. Everything else I just wrote remains identical.**
Who would you have picked Mac?

Honestly, just about anyone but him. He is a hell of a talent and could dominate this league, but there is absolutely nothing that leads me to believe he is a good bet to be successful in this organization.

Packers select Arik Armstead, DL, Oregon

Great fit. Immediately becomes the Pack's best DL.
I don't mind it...not sure about best DL right away...and will be interesting to see how he would fit.

I like Jalen Collins there a lot too.

Honestly, just about anyone but him. He is a hell of a talent and could dominate this league, but there is absolutely nothing that leads me to believe he is a good bet to be successful in this organization.
Check the names available at the time of who you would have taken.

Proceed, CC.

He never said he was picking for the Falcons or any team. He never declared so I went back to check and he didn't make a pick for any team so I think he probably was just funnin'.
Just trying to head misinterpretation off at the pass, we still have a ways to go in round two, and may even make it a three rounder if others want to (?), so the point is germane. I thought no dibs was clear, but can understand how you might have thought once started on a team, you are locked in (if this was unclear to you, it may have been to others, too, so thanks for bringing the potential rule/format ambiguity to my attention, as well as that of the thread). In short, no. :) Expediting things could still be aspired to, even though so far it has worked as originally envisioned about as effectively as the Maginot Line.

Check the names available at the time of who you would have taken.
13) NO - La'el Collins, G/T LSU

14) MIA - Trae Waynes, CB Michigan St.

15) SF - Alvin "Bud" Dupree, LB Kentucky

16) HOU - Erick Kendricks, LB UCLA

17) SD - Andrus Peat, OT Stanford

18) KC - Ereck Flowers, OT Miami

19) CLE (from BUF) - Eli Harold, LB Virginia

20) PHI - Shane Ray, LB Missouri

21) CIN - D.J. Humphries, OT Florida

22) PIT - Marcus Peters, CB Washington

23) DET - Todd Gurley, RB Georgia

24) ARI - Malcom Brown, DT Texas

25) CAR - T.J. Clemmings, OT Pittsburgh

26) BAL - Landon Collins, S Alabama

27) DAL - Melvin Gordon, RB Wisconsin

28) DEN - Kevin Johnson, CB Wake Forest

29) IND - Cameron Erving, C/G/OT Florida St.

30) GB - Arik Armstead, DE Oregon

31) NO (from SEA) - Jalen Collins, CB LSU

32) NE - Jordan Phillips, DT Oklahoma

Round 2

33) TEN - P.J. Williams, CB Florida St.

34) TB - Jake Fisher, OT Oregon

35) OAK - Owamagbe Odighizuwa, DE UCLA

36) JAX - Jay Ajayi, RB Boise St.

37) NYJ - Breshad Perriman, WR UCF

Walked right into that one. :)

* I'll get caught up on the picks in a minute.

CC, ATL pick is yours, if you want it, since you are here and expressed interest, just let us know if that isn't the case. Blackjacks (and whoever else wants to) can still have two picks per round, on other teams, in this case. Try and make them non-consecutive, unless we have a massive lull, in which case everybody has carte blanche.

Proceed, CC.

Just trying to head misinterpretation off at the pass, we still have a ways to go in round two, and may even make it a three rounder if others want to (?), so the point is germane. I thought no dibs was clear, but can understand how you might have thought once started on a team, you are locked in (if this was unclear to you, it may have been to others, too, so thanks for bringing the potential rule/format ambiguity to my attention, as well as that of the thread). In short, no. :) Expediting things could still be aspired to, even though so far it has worked as originally envisioned about as effectively as the Maginot Line.
Maybe you are right and he only checked in and say he was going to pick soon but was waiting a fashionable hour but its over an hour and I see him looking at this thread. And Jay Ajayi is the sort of pick I'd expect of Mac who thought Arthur Brown was a great pick for Ozzie Newsome.

You may have added some confusion to the process, if not for which the pick may have been made already?

Anyhoo, lets move on. I'll make the call on who picks when we aren't in free for all mode, when anybody can pick for any team. It is only when we have lulls, and maybe need to solicit collaborative ideas/picks, or special cases (like the OAK PM, which I will take for teams and noted elsewhere, as a sort of "dibs", on a FCFS basis, as that aligns with the initial spirit of keeping things moving with which the mock format was inititally conceived) where I even need to step in like this. I guess add rule confusion (and feel free to ask any rule-related questions, needless to say). I'll ask for help if I need it, which I almost did yesterday when I was away, but am good for now. Again, thanks.

I was sort of funnin', Bob. I thought SL was up and thought it... nevermind.

If I'm picking for Atlanta, they need to think best available defenders and worry about fit later. A Seattle-ish scheme is coming. I think Shaq Thompson is the right move the way this has gone.

If I'm picking for Atlanta, they need to think best available defenders and worry about fit later. A Seattle-ish scheme is coming. I think Shaq Thompson is the right move the way this has gone.
And I thought I already picked, so took it at face value and therefore not in on the gag and nutty, wacky, zany stunt. :) If nothing else and even inadvertantly, it served to throw into bold relief and clarify potential ambiguity in the rules for the remainder of the draft (however long that might be, perhaps while still in the Obama administration).

Be that as it may, good pick. New HC Quinn comes from SEA, as you noted, where they have enjoyed a high level of success, Pro Bowl even, with a highly athletic second round LB, Bobby Wagner, who also came from the Western part of the US (no idea if they have more regional scouts there?).

CLE up. Ordinarily no dibs, but A) a reward for the workmanlike helpful updates, and B) I and guessing a few others don't want the CLE freak show to end just yet. Just kidding. Knock yourself out.

* Picks up to date in the OP.

Good pick CC.

#43. Cleveland Browns select

Goldman, Eddie DT 6'4" 336 Florida St.

Highest rated player available 6.2, at a position of need.

=====

#43. NEW ORLEANS SAINTS UP NOW
Great pick, he goes in the first round in the majority of mocks I've seen. Not a sexy position, but critically important to a 3-4. In some ways, the hardest to fill in the scheme, just a rare size/skill set combo. Lots of mammoth fat dudes, but good ones with dancing bear agility, great functional power, the requisite intensity and toughness, stamina and endurance to play more than a few snaps a game, and the selflessness and pride in their assignment to eat blocks so teammates can make plays? You can maybe count on one hand in the NFL. Phil Taylor is in a contract year and had knee surgery last season.

Users who are viewing this thread