What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

GM's Thread About Everything/GM's Thread About Nothing (14 Viewers)

Smoothly.  Think I'll pour another.
Yowsa!

I'll do the same! :banned:

Was out all day and have a lot of catching up to do.
From what I have read, it seems that you are very active....great thing!

In fact, it is enough for me to forgive you for being an attorney... ;)

Hope you'll stick around this thread more often.  It's nice to see some new folks like you and RC94, plus reappearance of people like stryk
Again...thnx!

I will take this as a formal invitation...

...thus....

...any others with issues in regards to my involvement...

...go involve yourself!   :rant:

...go involve yourself!   :rant:
:lmao:

You best be good with attorneys 'round these parts.  In addition to the greatest legal mind Mississippi ever produced, we have many others in the GMTAN.

I decided to forego a full glass of wine and poured half...somehow I managed to take a "vacation" where I get up and going between 5-6 a.m. every day.   

Perhaps @Bob Sacamano could provide a GMTAN summary to catch you up.  Here's one bit of summary:  Bob Sacamano provides occasional, hilarious summaries.

You best be good with attorneys 'round these parts.  In addition to the greatest legal mind Mississippi ever produced, we have many others in the GMTAN.
Touche!

@Henry Ford...I actually have on personal retainer...

...however, we still seem to spend most of our time getting beat'in by ballbusters in the French Quarter. God bless the running of the bulls.

I decided to forego a full glass of wine and poured half...somehow I managed to take a "vacation" where I get up and going between 5-6 a.m. every day.   

Perhaps @Bob Sacamano could provide a GMTAN summary to catch you up.  Here's one bit of summary:  Bob Sacamano provides occasional, hilarious summaries.
Et tu, k4?

I'm at the aquarium at mall of America. Sitting in the coffe shop waiting for my kids to get here. This 90 year old woman was sitting next to me with a little five year old girl and bought her skittles. I said "skittles for breakfast?  Grandma must be in charge."  She said "no I'm the mom" and then I dove off the ledge into the stingray pond. 

I'm at the aquarium at mall of America. Sitting in the coffe shop waiting for my kids to get here. This 90 year old woman was sitting next to me with a little five year old girl and bought her skittles. I said "skittles for breakfast?  Grandma must be in charge."  She said "no I'm the mom" and then I dove off the ledge into the stingray pond. 
Steve Irwin meet you on the other side?

Took the family out to dinner last night.   Sunday Dylan's baseball team is having a pool party that I very much wanted to weasel out of.  Dylan is pretty great on many levels ( @krista4 called it!) so I figured I could be like the other animal on the planet and ditch said party.  So I waited until the food was served and everyone was eating to ask him if he cared if I didn't go.  I figured with food in his belly and more to go he would just say "no".  But he didn't.  He put his fork down, looked me in the eyes and said "I want you to be there.  Everything important in my life you've either taught or provided.  It would mean a lot to me for you to be there".  :mellow:

So I told him he could count on me to be at the party.  If I had any emotions left I would have teared up. I turn to my left to look at my wife because, OMG, and out of the corner of my eye I see Dylan look down and pretty sure he was laughing/trying not to laugh.  I think my boy threw one past me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Are you on FB?  If so, then why aren't we friends?  I welcome all* GMTANers to my FB page.

Also, I am in for shots but have only wine.  Does a glass of wine constitute a shot?

*Most.
I am on FB, mainly for beer related stuff. Request sent.

Took the family out to dinner last night.   Sunday Dylan's baseball team is having a pool party that I very much wanted to weasel out of.  Dylan is pretty great on many levels ( @krista4 called it!) so I figured I could be like the other animal on the planet and ditch said party.  So I waited until the food was served and everyone was eating to ask him if he cared if I didn't go.  I figured with food in his belly and more to go he would just say "no".  But he didn't.  He put his fork down, looked me in the eyes and said "I want you to be there.  Everything important in my life you've either taught or provided.  It would mean a lot to me for you to be there".  :mellow:

So I told him he could count on me to be at the party.  If I had any emotions left I would have teared up. I turn to my left to look at my wife because, OMG, and out of the corner of my eye I see Dylan look down and pretty sure he was laughing/trying not to laugh.  I think my boy threw one past me.
:heart:  this on several different levels.

Awesomeness GB STLB both on his response and the fact you're not sure if he was serious or not. You've done great with that one!!

I've been awake since 3 a.m., hiked about 23 miles and over 5200 feet of elevation gain (and equal amount of elevation loss), 2/3 of it as a solo hike, at temps up to 90+, in Yosemite today.  I might die, but I'll die pretty happy.  It was incredible.  Facebook friends should expect a ridiculous number of photos tomorrow if I survive.
I played 12 holes of 3 par golf today. Rode in a cart.  My feet hurt.

Just spent 4 days in Coeur d'alene with the family. Just spoiled the crap out of them. We rented a medium 4 bedroom house off a website and then I went and got groceries for the kids. Mainly sugar cereal like crunch berries, Lucky charms and cinnamon toast crunch. And a half rack of Kraft Mac n cheese. And ice cream. I'm promoting diabeetus.

Yesterday we rented a boat and cruised all around the lake. I pulled all 4 kids in the inner tube, and we stopped in a couple different areas and all jumped in to swim. It's was a lot of fun. 

My fifteen yr old daughter has been the problem kid the last 4 months but maybe I'm getting to her. She said months ago no, she absolutely didn't want to go. 

After dinner last night I asked her, did you like this or Sunriver better? She said CDA. That's saying something because she loves Sunriver.  The nice part about all of it was it was just the 6 of us, no relatives, no friends, just the family spending quality time together making memories.

####### buy those, guaranteed awesome
:goodposting: Tamale Guy is a local legend in Chicago.  Never a bad time to buy tamales from a guy who has them in a cooler in a bar.

Protip, though:  if you're just visiting and don't eat all the tamales, don't put the not-yet-eaten ones in your luggage and forget them until you next use your luggage.

There's precisely two hot chicks here. In a surprise to absolutely no one, they're with the band.

Best man's son picked up a save for Eugene tonight.
He joined the team about a week ago and has been in three games with 4ip, k4, 1h, 1bb, 0runs.
Move over Wade Davis...

Sorry I've been absent. Opened a business and got a lot more put on my plate at my day job. Sleeping is tough. 

2 possible outcomes... total mental breakdown and financial calamity or triumphant profitability and rapid growth. 

Woo ####### hoo!!!
I did this 9 years ago. Prediction: great success

Pro tip: dedicate your free time to your family

Sorry I've been absent. Opened a business and got a lot more put on my plate at my day job. Sleeping is tough. 

2 possible outcomes... total mental breakdown and financial calamity or triumphant profitability and rapid growth. 

Woo ####### hoo!!!
Read the "One Thing" by Gary Keller. GL

Users who are viewing this thread