What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

GM's Thread About Everything/GM's Thread About Nothing (5 Viewers)

It was in the high 30s today with no wind.  I walked around a lot today doing errands since I have no time during the week.  It was nice out IMO, but I'm part polar bear and enjoy the winter a lot more than the summer in NYC.

Yeah, the cold sucks, but I'll take it over earthquakes, water shortages, forest fires, mudslides, hurricanes, etc. I'll take shovelling snow, putting on another layer of clothes and drinking a warm beverage over a chasm opening up under my house, the sea sweeping away my home or having it burn down. Just saying.

Yeah, the cold sucks, but I'll take it over earthquakes, water shortages, forest fires, mudslides, hurricanes, etc. I'll take shovelling snow, putting on another layer of clothes and drinking a warm beverage over a chasm opening up under my house, the sea sweeping away my home or having it burn down. Just saying.
Never experience any of those things. I barely felt the Northridge quake.

I know I’m tempting fate here.

mr. furley said:
why didn't anyone tell me a papa san chair was so comfortable until now?
I hate those things.

Many, many years ago, before I met my wife, I had a very foolish one night stand with a girl that I should have even shook hands with.

Next morning I can’t find my wallet.  I had to call her. She found it. Turns out it fell out while I was sitting in her papa San chair.

That meant I had to go back over and have a very awkward moment getting my wallet back.

I hate those things.

Many, many years ago, before I met my wife, I had a very foolish one night stand with a girl that I should have even shook hands with.

Next morning I can’t find my wallet.  I had to call her. She found it. Turns out it fell out while I was sitting in her papa San chair.

That meant I had to go back over and have a very awkward moment getting my wallet back.
Did you hit it again?

mr. furley said:
why didn't anyone tell me a papa san chair was so comfortable until now?
I like how they hardly take up any room.  

ETA:  also I never heard them called that name - they were always "those Pier 1 chairs"

Last edited by a moderator:
GroveDiesel said:

I’m in same boat as tanner. Definitely felt some quakes, but no real damage. 

Officer Pete Malloy said:
Never experience any of those things. I barely felt the Northridge quake.

I know I’m tempting fate here

Neat board.  We are in perfect earthquake weather right now.  Abnormally hot, after being quite cold.  Cold for us. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Had a parenting breakthrough over the weekend.  My daughters (4 and 8 ) are not exposed to much culture outside of television, top 40 radio, and the rodeo circuit.  They hate listening to the radio in the car as well. 

But SiriusXM has a channel that only plays the Beatles. So we listened. I told them some background on the band as we listened on Friday night.  Told them both "some time in the next 20 years you'll each go through a big phase of listening to this band.  And it will be awesome." And we listened. I told them about how they were massive pop stars early then became appreciated musicians later.  And we listened. Told them how two members have died and two still perform. And how "In my life" is my favorite song. 

And by yesterday they were both singing the chorus to Yellow Submarine as loud as they could when it came on the radio. 

Was a great weekend. 

Night 4 with the CPAP ... DID NOT GO WELL.

I thought this machine was supposed to end all this!@#!@

I lay down to sleep, with the air tickling at my nose.  I decide to try to sleep on my back, always a stomach sleeper so this is taking some getting used too.  The fluterring feel of my deep breaths are relaxing me and I drift slowly off to sleep.   Around 11:30 (about an hour after I fell asleep) - BOOM - I awake, wide awake.   I lay there for a moment trying to go back to sleep.  I can't. Get up walk down stairs, go to the bathroom, sit on the couch for a few minutes.  Go back up try to sleep.  NOPE.   Ok I'l try turning on the TV - that usually calms me and I'll fall asleep.  NOPE.  Turn off the TV, walk back down stairs.  NOPE.   So doing this routine for hours - I finally go back down stairs, turn on the TV and pass out around 3AM.    The 5:30 alarm sucked today.  

So now I'm angry, tired, agitated, caffeinated and exhausted.

This was one of the reasons I went to get tested   :wall: :( :oldunsure:
I was a stomach sleeper too, took a bit, but I've become a side sleeper now.

I hated the ramp up, turn it off, go full power immediately, the ramp up was realy annoying for me. Also, if the nose piece is too tight, there;s an adjustment right at the top, basically between your eyes. No one ever showed that to me, once I found it, I was able to make the fit a little better. Plus the rubber is always a little stiffer once it's brand new, so give it a few days. The fit should just barely seal your nose, if you're crushing your face, you need to adjust it. If a little air escapes at night it's ok.

Good luck GB this will save your life.

Officer Pete Malloy said:
I’m still trying to figure out what word she’s really trying to use.

Also, posting this on Facebook.
Lobelia 

Lobelia is a genus of flowering plants comprising 415 species, with a subcosmopolitan distribution primarily in tropical to warm temperate regions of the world, a few species extending into cooler temperate regions. They are known generally as lobelias.

Comments:

"I'd like to think the truck was stuck behind them and moved to the bike lane to get past.

Some of these #######s will ride side by side for kilometres and not allow vehicles to pass"

"That’s exactly what’s happening. They have their own special bike lane built to keep them off of the main road and these #### sticks could give a ####. A high percentage of bicyclists are just #######s."

CPAP Log Night 6:

Might be my best night yet. Switched back to the larger nose thing.  Only remember waking up once.  But I woke up the same position I went to sleep.  I did wake up after about 7 hours took mask off and then slept a couple more.  Definitely feel the difference when I wake up. Feel rested instead of angry lol.

Also don't wake up feeling like I need to pee all the time.  N6 was a success

DA RAIDERS said:
76 degrees here.  and scintillatingly beautiful.  shorts and crocs baby!!
Damn right!(well, no crocs, cuz, you know, I'm not a hillbilly).   Since I'm still unemployed, we took a drive to Laguna on Thursday because it was so nice out.  Was a particularly beautiful day.

Of course, my rent is probably three times what all the dudes with frostbitten nuts in Hillsboro Co. are paying, so there's that. 😑

GroveDiesel said:
Before living in any part of Jersey, during any of the four seasons, I think I'll take my chances with getting slid into the Earth's molten core. 

Had a parenting breakthrough over the weekend.  My daughters (4 and 8 ) are not exposed to much culture outside of television, top 40 radio, and the rodeo circuit.  They hate listening to the radio in the car as well.
Still trying to reconcile the two bolded items.  Not sure my brain's going to allow that.

I love Aussies.  Love them.  AND I hate the spandex mafia an inversely equal amount.  That may have been the best thing I've ever seen on "film." 

"Get on the bike track, you "####### ####s"", indeed.  And stop wearing the matching uniforms unless you're on a gaddam team (No, I will not refer to it as a "kit."  #### you.  You aren't Lance Armstrong, tubby.  Now get your a$$ on the bike path where it belongs.)

I hate those things.

Link 

Users who are viewing this thread