What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

GM's Thread About Everything/GM's Thread About Nothing (18 Viewers)

Have been too embarrassed to say anything for months.
I was once in some backwoods cafe having lunch and there was a sign by the Men's room that said "No Fishing in the bathroom. " I spent the entire meal  pondering that so many people had been caught fisting in the bathroom, that they had to put up a sign. Only upon leaving and seeing it up close did I realize it was an h.

That's me.  I just tore cartilage in my ribs playing 36 holes of golf in two days.   

I first saw this bike skiing...there was some guy riding it around in the snow and it looked really fun.   Rented one for a day and decided I wanted it.  Took me a year to finally pull the trigger.

Got this delivered today.  Now I have to assemble it.  @proninja want to help me out? 
Rad Rover? :rolleyes:

I couldn't find a Rad Cos, so I bought a Lectric

So apparently one of the outraged in our area right now is a 4th grade long term substitute teacher yesterday told their class that it was their parents moving the elf around every day and that Santa isn’t real. According to my wife, the Facebooks are on fire. It’s kind of funny, but how stupid do you have to be to do that? Especially in an area with loads of super involved people that like to be outraged.

GroveDiesel said:
So apparently one of the outraged in our area right now is a 4th grade long term substitute teacher yesterday told their class that it was their parents moving the elf around every day and that Santa isn’t real. According to my wife, the Facebooks are on fire. It’s kind of funny, but how stupid do you have to be to do that? Especially in an area with loads of super involved people that like to be outraged.
1.  Am I crazy or are 9-10 year olds a little old to be buying into Elf on a Shelf?  

2.  Summers off.

my 9 year old is all in still. the teacher at school even has one in the classroom.
My kids are still believers (11, 8, 6)

11 year old is skeptical of some things (we had a talk to Santa device That he said he knows is BS) but he says he all the other stuff is real.  He starts junior high next year so I figure it’s getting spoiled then 

actually I think the 8 year old doesn’t believe but hasn’t come right out and said it.  Last year he whispered to Santa what he wanted (we later got it out of him) and this year he wouldn’t tell him so I think he’s testing the system to see if he gets what he’s wishing for

11 year old is skeptical of some things (we had a talk to Santa device That he said he knows is BS) but he says he all the other stuff is real.  He starts junior high next year so I figure it’s getting spoiled then 

actually I think the 8 year old doesn’t believe but hasn’t come right out and said it.  Last year he whispered to Santa what he wanted (we later got it out of him) and this year he wouldn’t tell him so I think he’s testing the system to see if he gets what he’s wishing for
SCIENCE!

Get him nothing so the 6YO doesn't get suspicious, IMO

Rough day for office roomie Slovakian John right before our lengthy holiday break starts. First, he gets into another tussel with an automated operator while trying to track down a late package delivery, then he has to flee from the room because of some pretty terrible gas from me. And while he was out in the hallway, I did it again so he got a fresh dose when he returned to the scene of my crime.

Dan Lambskin said:

I recently removed the fireplace, and I’m tryiing to get my kids to realize that Santa is BS. “What happens when Santa goes down the chimney and runs into a wall?”  But my kids are too stupid to take the hints. My daughter said “Daddy, I’m sure this house isn’t the first time Santa has gone down a chimney where the fireplace has been walled off. He’ll figure it out”. 

She also lost a tooth while we were being horrible parents and drinking bourbon until past midnight with the neighbors. I forgot to put out the tooth fairy money and she wakes up and says all nonchalant “Oh well, I think we went to bed too late and missed the tooth fairy. I’ll just go to bed earlier tonight and try again.”

I recently removed the fireplace, and I’m tryiing to get my kids to realize that Santa is BS. “What happens when Santa goes down the chimney and runs into a wall?”  But my kids are too stupid to take the hints. My daughter said “Daddy, I’m sure this house isn’t the first time Santa has gone down a chimney where the fireplace has been walled off. He’ll figure it out”. 

She also lost a tooth while we were being horrible parents and drinking bourbon until past midnight with the neighbors. I forgot to put out the tooth fairy money and she wakes up and says all nonchalant “Oh well, I think we went to bed too late and missed the tooth fairy. I’ll just go to bed earlier tonight and try again.”
Kids are stupid.

Me: don’t worry about the kids having equal amounts of presents to open they don’t care and it will just stress you out

Wife: OK

Wife (wrapping presents):  OMG they don’t have equal amounts of gifts 

me: who cares :banned:

wife: I care (stresses out trying to even things out) [finally gets equal packages]

narrator: Lambskin has yet to bring down the 3rd child’s gifts...

Me: don’t worry about the kids having equal amounts of presents to open they don’t care and it will just stress you out

Wife: OK

Wife (wrapping presents):  OMG they don’t have equal amounts of gifts 

me: who cares :banned:

wife: I care (stresses out trying to even things out) [finally gets equal packages]

narrator: Lambskin has yet to bring down the 3rd child’s gifts...
your fault for having three kids

@El Floppo I’ll be in NYC tomorrow night through morning of the 24th.  Then getting on a train to central Pennsylvania.  If you have time drinks on me.
You're here tonight through Tues? I'd be up for anything Tues through Friday...wife and kids are going to noVa tuesday through Saturday while I toil in the coal mine without any vacation days and projects for the evil empire on death star schedules. But Sunday and Monday will be my christmakah with them, so no up for anything unfortunately.

So cocktail waitress, bartender and bouncer, now?
Yeah, it's straight from the No Good Deed Goes Unpunished Department. The positive part is, my manager called me last week to see how I would feel about being promoted. So I'll be doing neurosurgery coding full-time in a month or so. Mo' money, mo' problems.

Yeah, it's straight from the No Good Deed Goes Unpunished Department. The positive part is, my manager called me last week to see how I would feel about being promoted. So I'll be doing neurosurgery coding full-time in a month or so. Mo' money, mo' problems.
or the opposite

You're not in VA are you?

Users who are viewing this thread