What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

GM's Thread About Everything/GM's Thread About Nothing (14 Viewers)

Totally support the VA's mission, but dear lord are they jacked up.
He just retired. I was convinced he was a spoon for a while...and maybe he was. But not as spooky as SILs brother "Rock' who was special forces, and when I asked early on long ago what he did on his repeated trips to the middle East, he looked me in the eyes and just shook his head no.

El Floppo said:
Hey now...just repeated as champ in my dynasty league and won my money league as well. Not bad for a guy who doesn't follow or watch football.
no one cares.

i won my work league!   :excited:   backed into the playoffs at 6-7 and beat the dude that takes it SUPER seriously for the win.  good times.

El Floppo said:
kevzilla said:
Totally support the VA's mission, but dear lord are they jacked up.
He just retired. I was convinced he was a spoon for a while...and maybe he was. But not as spooky as SILs brother "Rock' who was special forces, and when I asked early on long ago what he did on his repeated trips to the middle East, he looked me in the eyes and just shook his head no.
My phone's autocorrect is fantastic.

Spoon = spook in this case.

And raiders is awfully mean on baby jeebus eve, imo.

joke down?  did you not see my post about magic football?  immediately after saying, no one cares.   :mellow:

CONGRATS TO EL FLOPPO!!!!!
I need my adoration dammit.

Of course it was a joke. On both parts.

Merry happy. 

Still at work. Wife and kids went to NoVa for christmas leaving me here to work and spend my winnings and bask in my adoration

I won DrD's dynasty league when the other guy benched Robert Woods for Will Fuller.    :bag:     :banned:
That's sort of a stunning move. Woods had just gotten major looks the week before. Also :bag:

Merry Christmas and Happy Hanukkah and holidays to everyone. Peace on earth. 

The airport the morning after Christmas is a real treat.  
Is this the sober wedding of fun, but yet one you cannot not go to out of love?  If so, good luck, k4. I hope your time is as good as can bear. Frames of mind will be imporatnt and all that that you already know. 

And flasks. A good flask comes in handy. 

Is this the sober wedding of fun, but yet one you cannot not go to out of love?  If so, good luck, k4. I hope your time is as good as can bear. Frames of mind will be imporatnt and all that that you already know. 

And flasks. A good flask comes in handy. 
Excellent memory!  Indeed this is that trip.

My mom suggested I should take a flask, too.   :lmao:  

my BIL lives in some backwater town in Kentucky. 

he comes here for christmas because that's where his mom and sister live. and his other brother comes home for it, too. this year he decided that instead of coming home, his mom should come to him. 

she's too old to drive that far on her own. we weren't going there with her. so he bought her a plane ticket.

she hasn't flown on a plane (by her best estimate) in about 40 years.

leaving from here but connecting flight in Chicago. she's mid 70s. on her own. in O'Hare for her first flight in 40 years. she wasn't aware that she could not smoke on the plane. or carry on gift wrapped presents. or that she couldn't do things like bring a 6-pack of Pepsi with her to drink on the flight  :mellow:

for a solid 2 months i've listened to my wife yell at her about this trip. today was the day she got on the plane. her first flight was delayed 90 minutes due to fog. no big deal, just shortened her wait for the connecting flight.  which she proceeded to miss :mellow:  next available flight was 3 1/2 hours later.  she missed that one as well because the gate changed and she didn't understand what that meant.

we may never see her again and i'm not sure her kids will care

my BIL lives in some backwater town in Kentucky. 

he comes here for christmas because that's where his mom and sister live. and his other brother comes home for it, too. this year he decided that instead of coming home, his mom should come to him. 

she's too old to drive that far on her own. we weren't going there with her. so he bought her a plane ticket.

she hasn't flown on a plane (by her best estimate) in about 40 years.

leaving from here but connecting flight in Chicago. she's mid 70s. on her own. in O'Hare for her first flight in 40 years. she wasn't aware that she could not smoke on the plane. or carry on gift wrapped presents. or that she couldn't do things like bring a 6-pack of Pepsi with her to drink on the flight  :mellow:

for a solid 2 months i've listened to my wife yell at her about this trip. today was the day she got on the plane. her first flight was delayed 90 minutes due to fog. no big deal, just shortened her wait for the connecting flight.  which she proceeded to miss :mellow:  next available flight was 3 1/2 hours later.  she missed that one as well because the gate changed and she didn't understand what that meant.

we may never see her again and i'm not sure her kids will care
Yup, that sounds like O'Hare.  I don't think I've ever been in that airport where they didn't change the gate for my flight.  One time I went through there they changed the gate 3 or 4 times and I wound up walking what felt like several miles between all of the changes.  That flight was delayed multiple times of course,  so I wound up spending almost 8 hours walking around that airport until I could finally go home.  It's the worst airport in the US IMO, with the NYC airports pretty close behind.

Had a fun interaction with Alaska airlines yesterday when I learned that although I paid extra for a seat that could be upgraded to first class, I could not upgrade and didn’t actually have a seat on the plane.  After spending nearly an hour dealing with customer service, I learned the only way I could guarantee a seat on the flight home was to buy a first class ticket, but could not upgrade my upgradeable ticket to first class.  After repeating this several times to the person helping me on the phone, she finally conceded that made no sense at all and upgraded me to first class.  Just got back, although at a bar and haven’t made it home yet.

Had a fun interaction with Alaska airlines yesterday when I learned that although I paid extra for a seat that could be upgraded to first class, I could not upgrade and didn’t actually have a seat on the plane.  After spending nearly an hour dealing with customer service, I learned the only way I could guarantee a seat on the flight home was to buy a first class ticket, but could not upgrade my upgradeable ticket to first class.  After repeating this several times to the person helping me on the phone, she finally conceded that made no sense at all and upgraded me to first class.  Just got back, although at a bar and haven’t made it home yet.
wat

HE SAID HE HAD A FUN INTERACTION WITH ALASKA AIRLINES YESTERDAY WHEN I LEARNED THAT ALTHOUGH I PAID EXTRA FOR A SEAT THAT COULD BE UPGRADED TO FIRST CLASS, I COULD NOT UPGRADE AND DIDN’T ACTUALLY HAVE A SEAT ON THE PLANE.  AFTER SPENDING NEARLY AN HOUR DEALING WITH CUSTOMER SERVICE, I LEARNED THE ONLY WAY I COULD GUARANTEE A SEAT ON THE FLIGHT HOME WAS TO BUY A FIRST CLASS TICKET, BUT COULD NOT UPGRADE MY UPGRADEABLE TICKET TO FIRST CLASS.  AFTER REPEATING THIS SEVERAL TIMES TO THE PERSON HELPING ME ON THE PHONE, SHE FINALLY CONCEDED THAT MADE NO SENSE AT ALL AND UPGRADED ME TO FIRST CLASS.  JUST GOT BACK, ALTHOUGH AT A BAR AND HAVEN’T MADE IT HOME YET.

Users who are viewing this thread