What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

GM's Thread About Everything/GM's Thread About Nothing (24 Viewers)

Also chili (with beans of course) for dinner and fiber one bar for breakfast is not a recommended combination for your first day back at the office 

eoMMan said:
I totally forgot that we should all congratulate @shuke on the new gig...

Link
he is every man. everywhere you look, there he is.

i wonder sometimes if when Superbaby(tm) was young did he look around at other men and think they were all his dad? 

It's a pretty nice day in Austin, but I'm reluctant to go outside. This is the time of year when we're blanketed in cedar pollen. Our cars turn a sickly greenish-yellow hue, and so do we.

Bottom line, I'm going to be even more of a miserable SOB than usual. Apologizing in advance.

@Zow (or anyone else with experience in the area):  thinking of going to Cubs and White Sox spring training the last week of February.  I'm looking at maps and vrbo and not sure where to stay.  Cubs' stadium seems to be halfway between Tempe and Mesa.  Any preferences between those two, or otherwise?  And are you still anywhere in the area?

Last edited by a moderator:
@Zow (or anyone else with experience in the area):  thinking of going to Cubs and White Sox spring training the last week of February.  I'm looking at maps and vrbo and not sure where to stay.  Cubs' stadium seems to be halfway between Tempe and Mesa.  Any preferences between those two, or otherwise?  And are you still anywhere in the area?
Pm me your dates. 

🤦‍♂️

Sorry, Krista, just re-read and saw that you said the last week of February.  Are you also planning on going to White Sox home games (they're on the west side of the valley with the Cubs on the east side)? Additionally, is it just you and your husband? 

I don't live anywhere but am there all the time for work and my wife's family. Not sure which day you're coming in but I'll be in Mesa to play in the member-guest the weekend of 2/21. I may also have a line on a place for you. If not, I'll check out vrbo and give you some ideas once I confirm how many guests you have, if any. 

Scottsdale

🤦‍♂️

Sorry, Krista, just re-read and saw that you said the last week of February.  Are you also planning on going to White Sox home games (they're on the west side of the valley with the Cubs on the east side)? Additionally, is it just you and your husband? 

I don't live anywhere but am there all the time for work and my wife's family. Not sure which day you're coming in but I'll be in Mesa to play in the member-guest the weekend of 2/21. I may also have a line on a place for you. If not, I'll check out vrbo and give you some ideas once I confirm how many guests you have, if any. 
Thanks!  Tentative plan would be to come in the 23rd, White Sox the 24th, Cubs the 25th, home the 26th.  We might skip the Sox and go hiking or something instead, though.  Cubs will be the only definite.  It will be me, Mr krista, my mom, and my stepfather.  

Thanks!  Tentative plan would be to come in the 23rd, White Sox the 24th, Cubs the 25th, home the 26th.  We might skip the Sox and go hiking or something instead, though.  Cubs will be the only definite.  It will be me, Mr krista, my mom, and my stepfather.  
Okay cool. Well, with 4 my in-laws’ bungalow would be a bit of a squeeze. In a settlement conference right now but will try to get you some suggestions by tonight. 

Got this from my doc today:

SCHEDULED UPCOMING APPOINTMENT DETAILS
Appointments
GUSHYALATHA BOYA
Reason: 1 month fu
ADC Westlake; Internal Medicine

I know she doesn't like me, but making me come in every month for an fu seems mean.

Got this from my doc today:

SCHEDULED UPCOMING APPOINTMENT DETAILS
Appointments
GUSHYALATHA BOYA
Reason: 1 month fu
ADC Westlake; Internal Medicine

I know she doesn't like me, but making me come in every month for an fu seems mean.
my Plan B covers no more than one fu per quarter

• Smile
Reactions: SWC
Okay cool. Well, with 4 my in-laws’ bungalow would be a bit of a squeeze. In a settlement conference right now but will try to get you some suggestions by tonight. 
Thanks again, and it's so kind of you even to consider seeing about your in-laws' bungalow.  I have an aunt & uncle with what they always call a "casita" in Scottsdale, but I don't think it would fit us all, and I"m not sure I want to subject my people to my uncle.  And even though I have them plus some cousins there, I don't really trust their judgment to ask them where to stay and stuff like that.  Look at that!  I'm saying I trust your judgment!  :)

*Wildly inappropriate (I'm sure) comment here*

Good thing nobody else around these parts lives in the area. #passiveaggressive
:scoursbrain:  :scratcheshead:  Yep, guess I covered everyone.

I've thought Amtrak seemed like a nice idea, but I haven't tried it on that route.
I do the train from Tacoma to Portland and back a couple times a year.   It's about the same amount of time as driving.  There are two trains:   The Coast Starlight has more room and bigger seats that recline all the way back and have footrests.   The Amtrak Cascades is faster (one hour shorter one-way), but less leg room and smaller seats.   Both have dining cars, cafe cars and observation cars.   I prefer the slower, more comfortable one.  

Users who are viewing this thread