What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

GM's Thread About Everything/GM's Thread About Nothing (13 Viewers)

Thanks again, and it's so kind of you even to consider seeing about your in-laws' bungalow.  I have an aunt & uncle with what they always call a "casita" in Scottsdale, but I don't think it would fit us all, and I"m not sure I want to subject my people to my uncle.  And even though I have them plus some cousins there, I don't really trust their judgment to ask them where to stay and stuff like that.  Look at that!  I'm saying I trust your judgment!  :)

:scoursbrain:  :scratcheshead:  Yep, guess I covered everyone.
Well...after all that we are changing our plans for a variety of reasons.  Anyway, just wanted to let nice person @Zow not to spend any more time on this.  Luckily there was no one else in AZ that I might see there, including but not limited to @Bob Sacamano.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well...after all that we are changing our plans for a variety of reasons.  Anyway, just wanted to let nice person @Zow not to spend any more time on this.  Luckily there was no one else in AZ that I might see there, including but not limited to @Bob Sacamano.
Thanks for the update. Wound up working late last night so didn’t have a chance to get to it. 

I’ll let the interns know they can stop working on it. 

Train kinda sucks, IMO.  It stops too many times between Portland and Seattle.  Yeah, it's scenic and relaxing in parts, but I don't need to stop in Vancouver.  And Kelso.  And Centralia.  And Tacoma.  

Bolt Bus is the way to go.  Downtown to downtown, clean buses, wifi that works, cruising in the HOV lane and fares starting at like $2.  I'll never go another way, TBH. 

Train kinda sucks, IMO.  It stops too many times between Portland and Seattle.  Yeah, it's scenic and relaxing in parts, but I don't need to stop in Vancouver.  And Kelso.  And Centralia.  And Tacoma.  

Bolt Bus is the way to go.  Downtown to downtown, clean buses, wifi that works, cruising in the HOV lane and fares starting at like $2.  I'll never go another way, TBH. 
never knew about this.  let's get on the bus Gus.

Thought about this for NYC to DC.

I like the train...but sometimes it's a bit pricey.

Gift grab, I assume.
Wait, you're supposed to give gifts for a vow renewal? 

I know a couple that did this about 5 years after they got married, throwing a big party with friends and relatives.  I told my wife that it was bizarre to renew vows so soon after marriage, and that it can't be a good sign.  They filed for divorce almost exactly one year after the party.

No gift given, but I did drink copious amounts of wine.

Wait, you're supposed to give gifts for a vow renewal? 

I know a couple that did this about 5 years after they got married, throwing a big party with friends and relatives.  I told my wife that it was bizarre to renew vows so soon after marriage, and that it can't be a good sign.  They filed for divorce almost exactly one year after the party.

No gift given, but I did drink copious amounts of wine.
I have no idea if you're supposed to give gifts.  The whole thing sounds so dumb I just figured that could be the reason.  fish's theory is probably better.

ETA:  Oops, now I see this is Bucky's parents.  I take it all back.

I have no idea if you're supposed to give gifts.  The whole thing sounds so dumb I just figured that could be the reason.  fish's theory is probably better.
I think my wife's response to me when I pointed this out to her upon hearing they were renewing vows was "Don't embarrass me in front of everyone".

El Floppo said:
Thought about this for NYC to DC.

I like the train...but sometimes it's a bit pricey.
I've taken the train between NYC and DC and NYC and Boston many times.  It's my favorite way to travel between those cities and any in between (like Philly).  I take a taxi or subway/metro or rent a car when I get there, depending on what I need to do.

in my neighborhood we have a section of smaller homes around 1500 sq ft mainly for empty nesters, grandparents....occupied generally by older folks.  walk the dog a lot and i know a couple of older guys by name on separate block corners.  in my head, i’ve made a note of 2 of the nicer guys, mainly because of their names, but didn’t think they knew each other.  was out with my dog the other day and saw the 2 together sitting on the porch together and i was much more excited than a 50 yr old should be........but, lo and behold, it was bert and ernie sitting together on the porch!  i mentioned this anomaly and ernie said, “you didn’t know we were a couple?”  extra laughs.....

in my neighborhood we have a section of smaller homes around 1500 sq ft mainly for empty nesters, grandparents....occupied generally by older folks.  walk the dog a lot and i know a couple of older guys by name on separate block corners.  in my head, i’ve made a note of 2 of the nicer guys, mainly because of their names, but didn’t think they knew each other.  was out with my dog the other day and saw the 2 together sitting on the porch together and i was much more excited than a 50 yr old should be........but, lo and behold, it was bert and ernie sitting together on the porch!  i mentioned this anomaly and ernie said, “you didn’t know we were a couple?”  extra laughs.....
that's the most wholesome thing i'll read on the internet today  

Whoever writes the script for my life thinks he's pretty gd funny.

I have a Google Meetup at the top of the hour, where I expect to be told that my entire department has been outsourced. No more working from home, back to commuting to a soulless cubicle farm. This way, when the outsourcing company decides to trim some fat, my current employer's Catholic hands will be nice and clean. This has already happened to the people who billed the hospital claims; it was just a matter of time before the folks who bill for the physicians met the same fate.

Hilarious.

Whoever writes the script for my life thinks he's pretty gd funny.

I have a Google Meetup at the top of the hour, where I expect to be told that my entire department has been outsourced. No more working from home, back to commuting to a soulless cubicle farm. This way, when the outsourcing company decides to trim some fat, my current employer's Catholic hands will be nice and clean. This has already happened to the people who billed the hospital claims; it was just a matter of time before the folks who bill for the physicians met the same fate.

Hilarious.
Cash it all out, move to Vegas and become a full time gambler.  

Also, with that hair, you should easily find work as a magician. 

Went a few years ago. There was a beer event going on, and they had a ton of concessions set up with lots of great beer options. And food trucks galore. The whole thing was a great time.

Use to go all the time in College.   Fun times.  Google restaurants on the beach for lunch before you go.
We stopped in Del Mar on Xmas so the kids could run around (and by run around, the ######s pushed each other into the ocean absent any towels or swim suits) and I fell in immediate love.  I won't ever have enough money to retire and if by chance I ever did it wouldn't be enough to afford Del Mar, but man, a guy can sure dream.

Anybody ever been to Del Mar Race Track?  Thoughts appreciated.  Want to take my old man there with my two older boys.  
My happy place.   What do you want to know?   

Del Mar has a different vibe than other racetracks.  Board shorts, t-shirts and flip flops are fine.   Used to be that you had to keep your shirt on, but last time I was there it seemed like they weren't enforcing that rule anymore.*   Check out the infield for a race or two.   You won't be able to see the backstretch, but you'll get a good view of the last furlong.  It's more of a beachy, relaxed setting.   Take folding chairs if you want, but there are also benches and tables in GA if you don't spring for grandstand/clubhouse seats.   

You can bring your own food, but no booze.  If you're trying to save your money for gambling, wheel in a cooler full of sandwiches and drinks.   Pay for preferred parking, and park in the lot on Via de la Valle on the west side of the track.  Easiest in and out and preferred gets you right near the gate.    Oh, and don't pronounce the name of the street the track is on correctly.   Nobody does.   Just pretend it's Spanish, not French.   

There's a really good Mexican restaurant called Fidel's a couple blocks north of the track.   Highly recommend.  There's also a restaurant called the Brigantine right at the beach on the north side of the track.  If you sit on the patio you can watch the races (it's pretty far away, but you can still see most of the race and listen to the call).

* I forgot who I was talking to.  Keep your shirt on.  

My happy place.   What do you want to know?   

Del Mar has a different vibe than other racetracks.  Board shorts, t-shirts and flip flops are fine.   Used to be that you had to keep your shirt on, but last time I was there it seemed like they weren't enforcing that rule anymore.*   Check out the infield for a race or two.   You won't be able to see the backstretch, but you'll get a good view of the last furlong.  It's more of a beachy, relaxed setting.   Take folding chairs if you want, but there are also benches and tables in GA if you don't spring for grandstand/clubhouse seats.   

You can bring your own food, but no booze.  If you're trying to save your money for gambling, wheel in a cooler full of sandwiches and drinks.   Pay for preferred parking, and park in the lot on Via de la Valle on the west side of the track.  Easiest in and out and preferred gets you right near the gate.    Oh, and don't pronounce the name of the street the track is on correctly.   Nobody does.   Just pretend it's Spanish, not French.   

There's a really good Mexican restaurant called Fidel's a couple blocks north of the track.   Highly recommend.  There's also a restaurant called the Brigantine right at the beach on the north side of the track.  If you sit on the patio you can watch the races (it's pretty far away, but you can still see most of the race and listen to the call).

* I forgot who I was talking to.  Keep your shirt on.  
I knew you'd come through. Thanks GB.

And yeah, i keep my shirt on always.  I shower with the lights off for a reason.

Crisis possibly averted. It appears my job function will be spared, though I'm going to have some kind of conference call with the two Bobs from Office Space. If I don't screw that up, I'm probably OK.

Pro gambler still on the table, though.
You can also try to create a Jump To Conclusions mat.

Users who are viewing this thread