What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

GM's Thread About Everything/GM's Thread About Nothing (7 Viewers)

Have no idea that it's still as good - but as a grown-up now, I would strongly suggest you hit the Pine Club (they better still have the onion straw dammit).  Dark, leather booths, no reservations, horseshoe bar with great martinis, and crusty rare steaks ...love it.
I believe you.  Just need my stock trading career to take off so I can afford it...

BigJohn said:
Ground Round on Sundays.  Noble Romans(The OG) pizza on Friday nights.

Do you remember the Brown Derby on Far Hills?
Remember the Brown Derby but don't think I ever went there.

Loved that Ground Round on Wilmington.  Also that Godfather's down the street.

Scoop there it is commercial -

Grandmother - Son - Granddaughter

Mom - Son & Daughter  or Son/Wife 

Mom - Dad - Daughter 

I haven't settled on the combo but I think its husband/wife - daughter     - 

Last edited by a moderator:
Osaurus said:
shuke said:
Red Lobster was my family's "fancy" place.  Friday's was the epitome of coolness.
We didn’t have Red Lobster. It was a knockoff called Seafood Shanty
i guess i grew up on the wrong side of the tracks we didnt even have a seafood shanty and our fancy place was called daves tuneup garage and salad bar it had pretty good breadsticks and they were probably fifty bucks less than anyone else for a set of all weather radials so it was all right take that to the bank brohans 

Mom - Dad - Daughter 

Definitely husband/wife and daughter.  Wife and then husband start getting into the "old school" moves and the daughter is :rolleyes:   :bag: and leaves the room in disbelief at how :nerd:  her parents are 

we use Teams and i love it.  sound quality is great through the laptop. much clearer than phone.
I like it too, but it needs an IM feature. One time I logged in and there was a "walkie-talkie" button, but it did nothing and disappeared shortly after.

Question:  I got a new phone - a Google Pixel 4.  It's......okay.  For some reason, I can't use FBGs message boards on it.  I can sometimes log in, but I try to post or change threads and I get timed out.  

Please advice, will answer yours.
I wish FBG had an app

heckmanm said:
Definitely husband/wife and daughter.  Wife and then husband start getting into the "old school" moves and the daughter is :rolleyes:   :bag: and leaves the room in disbelief at how :nerd:  her parents are 
Huh, I always thought Mom, daughter and daughter boyfriend

Mom - Dad - Daughter 

Mom, Daughter, Boyfriend/Husband

Mr.Pack said:
I like it too, but it needs an IM feature. One time I logged in and there was a "walkie-talkie" button, but it did nothing and disappeared shortly after.
Teams has IM. that's primarily how i communicate with people at work.

dad and mom are part of an improv comedy troupe

they were on the Dan Patrick show a few weeks back with the dudes from Tag Team

There’s a difference between chat and IM?
IM is sometimes called chat, just like a phone call or even a web conference can be called chat. 

But chat to me means a standing group chat that you might enter and leave and come back to. It's usually informal and often, but not always, unrecorded, so it's not good for assigning tasks and following up.  It is good for one to many conversations, like if i need help with something and don't know who is available or who would know the answer, i can post a message in chat and wait for one of the people monitoring the chat to respond. Similar to an email alias but without spamming people's inboxes unnecessarily. 

A war room chat is used for a specific problem solving or high risk event like if we are rolling out a new product or upgrading our software this weekend. People with problems pop in and people with answers are staffed to monitor the chat.  War room chats can be accompanied by a war room web conference or you might choose one or the other. 

Web conferences are when people share audio and video, and sometimes screen sharing. Usually people connect over the web but sometimes on the phone. Web conferences are great especially for people who like meetings and hate typing but I strongly prefer chat when everyone isn't going to be online at the same time. If you have a web conference and explain everything and have a big discussion about it then everyone there hears it... but anyone who's offline at the time is going to need to be updated later. If you do this stuff over chat, it's a hassle to do all that typing but anyone who checks in later can catch up on the discussion quickly and join in. 

The web conference is much better for things that need immediate attention and either don't need to be recorded or can be listened to later.  Usually someone gets stuck scribing the web conference or giving a detailed status later for people who didn't attend. 

If you say shoot me a text or ping me later I hate you. I hate myself sometimes because I've heard them so much it just slips out.  

IM is sometimes called chat, just like a phone call or even a web conference can be called chat. 

But chat to me means a standing group chat that you might enter and leave and come back to. It's usually informal and often, but not always, unrecorded, so it's not good for assigning tasks and following up.  It is good for one to many conversations, like if i need help with something and don't know who is available or who would know the answer, i can post a message in chat and wait for one of the people monitoring the chat to respond. Similar to an email alias but without spamming people's inboxes unnecessarily. 

A war room chat is used for a specific problem solving or high risk event like if we are rolling out a new product or upgrading our software this weekend. People with problems pop in and people with answers are staffed to monitor the chat.  War room chats can be accompanied by a war room web conference or you might choose one or the other. 

Web conferences are when people share audio and video, and sometimes screen sharing. Usually people connect over the web but sometimes on the phone. Web conferences are great especially for people who like meetings and hate typing but I strongly prefer chat when everyone isn't going to be online at the same time. If you have a web conference and explain everything and have a big discussion about it then everyone there hears it... but anyone who's offline at the time is going to need to be updated later. If you do this stuff over chat, it's a hassle to do all that typing but anyone who checks in later can catch up on the discussion quickly and join in. 

The web conference is much better for things that need immediate attention and either don't need to be recorded or can be listened to later.  Usually someone gets stuck scribing the web conference or giving a detailed status later for people who didn't attend. 

If you say shoot me a text or ping me later I hate you. I hate myself sometimes because I've heard them so much it just slips out.  
That’s a lot of words to say “no”.

Users who are viewing this thread