What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

GM's Thread About Everything/GM's Thread About Nothing (4 Viewers)

I'm not sure. He posted a thread in the Staff messaging platform we use asking about it and saying a customer had inquired. Not sure if it was you but thought it was. Matt is conscientious and does his best to help customers. He normally does a great job.

He'll take a look but my guess is it is something that will not be able to be resolved so we'll have to live with what we have. 
i'm good with it now. 

i just went back to the "normal" non-expanded/no topic preview... view.

Dear some coworkers

No I don't think you are stupid. I think you are lazy. Too lazy to care to learn so you ask the same question over and over on how to do something. You were on all the emails that answers the question you just asked because you were too lazy to look it up. You think I'm a #### because I blow you off or don't give you the answer. I don't really care, I'm not paid to do your job also.  I'll gladly help and answer any questions if you're confused after doing some legwork. Don't waste my time if you haven't even tried.

This doesn't go for you new hires, I understand the learning curve here.

Thanks

I am currently sitting in a hotel just south of Virginia. Why? Because my parents sold their house near Tampa, so being the good son I am driving a 22' moving truck back to NJ.

We drove around 12 hours today and that mother ####er probably talked for 11.5 of them. He didn't take the hint with my headphones either.

Look peanuts at exit 4. Remember when we stopped at jr's for cigars, waffle house this exit. We usually stay at a holiday inn. I think I might get a new boat. Remember charlie o buckets? No, yes you do well he manages the Dave and busters near gobbly wobbly.....Blah blah blah blah 

Dad just #### for like 30 minutes please!!!!

He talks more than my wife which I didn't think was possible

Eta: no Dad I don't want to see all the memes your buddies text you or you see on Facebook.  And they aren't even political

Sounds like great bonding time.

@General Malaise  I assume from your swift CFB responses you were not at Providence today?  Miracle goal to force extra, but ultimately a sad end.  Still, glad for the Timbers run.  Thinking they tear down and rebuild from here yeah?  Too old.

@General Malaise  I assume from your swift CFB responses you were not at Providence today?  Miracle goal to force extra, but ultimately a sad end.  Still, glad for the Timbers run.  Thinking they tear down and rebuild from here yeah?  Too old.
They deserves better...great game though. And that last second goal to tie it up...flat out incredible. Light the match was there for it- must have been absolutely explosive.

They deserves better...great game though. And that last second goal to tie it up...flat out incredible. Light the match was there for it- must have been absolutely explosive.

I was screaming in the living room, had it split screen with Army-Navy.  My family ran to see what the hubbub was.  Incredible last goal.  Bummer about the PKs, and felt for the Timbers Army at the end.

Castellanos for NYCFC, such a pain in the A, but a great player for sure.

Look peanuts at exit 4. Remember when we stopped at jr's for cigars, waffle house this exit.
We just drove to and from Disney World and I made lots of comments like this. It's REALLY boring so you can't really help yourself. My son was glued to his devices the whole time and didn't care. 

We just drove to and from Disney World and I made lots of comments like this. It's REALLY boring so you can't really help yourself. My son was glued to his devices the whole time and didn't care. 
Trust me I get done it a bunch. He's in the passenger seat and still yammering :)

St. Augustine during the ramp up to Christmas is freakin insane. It looks a lot like Vegas sans slot machines and tall buildings right now. Pretty sure there were more people on the river watching the boat parade and on St. George St. last night than Fremont St. for first Friday. Crazy.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am currently sitting in a hotel just south of Virginia. Why? Because my parents sold their house near Tampa, so being the good son I am driving a 22' moving truck back to NJ.

We drove around 12 hours today and that mother ####er probably talked for 11.5 of them. He didn't take the hint with my headphones either.

Look peanuts at exit 4. Remember when we stopped at jr's for cigars, waffle house this exit. We usually stay at a holiday inn. I think I might get a new boat. Remember charlie o buckets? No, yes you do well he manages the Dave and busters near gobbly wobbly.....Blah blah blah blah 

Dad just #### for like 30 minutes please!!!!

He talks more than my wife which I didn't think was possible

Eta: no Dad I don't want to see all the memes your buddies text you or you see on Facebook.  And they aren't even political
look this is going to sound preachy as hell and i honestly apologize but i just lost my pop and one thing i wanted to do and never did was get out a recorder  and have him and his brothers tell me the stories they told about the guys they ran with the teams they were on and the hell they raised and i never did it and now i cant and i sincerely regret it and honest i would give anything for one more long car ride full of memories and pointless stories just sayin stuff changes when options disappear so maybe honestly enjoy the ride take that to the bank brohan and sorry again for being a preacher 

Yeah, I had one of those moving trips with my dad where he talked for eight hours straight. Was it something with that generation? My mom was an auto-yakker once the car doors closed, too.

My son and I, otoh, spend a lot of miles in comfortable silence.

... i just lost my pop and one thing i wanted to do and never did was get out a recorder  and have him and his brothers tell me the stories they told about the guys they ran with the teams they were on and the hell they raised and i never did it and now i cant and i sincerely regret it and honest i would give anything for one more long car ride full of memories and pointless stories just sayin stuff changes when options disappear so maybe honestly enjoy the ride  ...
Yup.

look this is going to sound preachy as hell and i honestly apologize but i just lost my pop and one thing i wanted to do and never did was get out a recorder  and have him and his brothers tell me the stories they told about the guys they ran with the teams they were on and the hell they raised and i never did it and now i cant and i sincerely regret it and honest i would give anything for one more long car ride full of memories and pointless stories just sayin stuff changes when options disappear so maybe honestly enjoy the ride take that to the bank brohan and sorry again for being a preacher 
My dad was one of 10 kids.  Sometime in the 90s a few of his siblings came up with the idea to have a professional interviewer (I guess that is what she was) come and interview my grandma and have it recorded.  They went from her earliest memories, to how she met my grandpa, to raising all the kids......   One of my older aunts was sitting in on the interview and would prod my Grandma if she was forgetting something (remember that story you told me about ____).  The entire interview was then transcribed and every family got a copy of the book.   The timing was perfect as my grandma died a few years later.   Over the last 2 years (thanks to more time at home due to covid) one of my cousins took the book and turned it into a PDF and added links to audio clips of my grandma talking about some of the things.  She then added entire chapters about each family with all the grandkids and greatgrandkids, pictures from all the weddings, kids, funny stories we all sent her....  It turned into over 300 pages,  The email and facebook strings were worth it, someone would post random pictures from the 80s and then all the aunts and uncles would start chimming in with the back stories to what was going on, who the random people were...

My dad was one of 10 kids.  Sometime in the 90s a few of his siblings came up with the idea to have a professional interviewer (I guess that is what she was) come and interview my grandma and have it recorded.  They went from her earliest memories, to how she met my grandpa, to raising all the kids......   One of my older aunts was sitting in on the interview and would prod my Grandma if she was forgetting something (remember that story you told me about ____).  The entire interview was then transcribed and every family got a copy of the book.   The timing was perfect as my grandma died a few years later.   Over the last 2 years (thanks to more time at home due to covid) one of my cousins took the book and turned it into a PDF and added links to audio clips of my grandma talking about some of the things.  She then added entire chapters about each family with all the grandkids and greatgrandkids, pictures from all the weddings, kids, funny stories we all sent her....  It turned into over 300 pages,  The email and facebook strings were worth it, someone would post random pictures from the 80s and then all the aunts and uncles would start chimming in with the back stories to what was going on, who the random people were...
was it Story Corps?

https://storycorps.org/

@ktvz

In anticipation of COCC's 14th annual Season of Nonviolence, it's convening a series of community book groups focused on Robin Wall Kimmerer’s NY Times-bestselling “Braiding Sweetgrass: Indigenous Wisdom, Scientific Knowledge, and the Teachings of Plants.”

Whoa, hope they are prepared for the twos of people who will attend.

• Laughing
Reactions: SWC
It's going to be interesting seeing how a young woman that grew up in a town of 6600 people adapts to living in NYC.  We're literally a town in every travel magazine that has an article for "Top 10 quaint vacation destinations in the US."

It's going to be interesting seeing how a young woman that grew up in a town of 6600 people adapts to living in NYC.  We're literally a town in every travel magazine that has an article for "Top 10 quaint vacation destinations in the US."
There's a bunch of us here who live in NYC.  We'd be happy to help with any advice she needs.

affordable vegetarian restaurants is probably going to be high on her list.

one big positive is that she is an absolutely terrible driver.   her moving to NY makes the world a safer place.
I'm not a vegetarian, but off the top of my head 1 place comes to mind that's has great food, is affordable for a student, has locations near NYU, and is vegetarian.  She's probably going to love this place - https://taimfalafel.com/

There's also tons of restaurants in the Village so she's going to be able to find a lot of them on her own. 

I'm not a vegetarian, but off the top of my head 1 place comes to mind that's has great food, is affordable for a student, has locations near NYU, and is vegetarian.  She's probably going to love this place - https://taimfalafel.com/
Thanks.  That's one of the places we've been to.  She loves the city and was focused on going to college there even if she didn't get in to NYU, so every time she's had a break over the past couple of years she asks me to take her there.   We've done a lot of exploring, but now she knows where she's going to be for the next 4 years.  I'm sure we'll take a couple more trips before she moves in August.   

affordable vegetarian restaurants is probably going to be high on her list.

one big positive is that she is an absolutely terrible driver.   her moving to NY makes the world a safer place.
good lord- so many places. for a little bit, we had most of a street block turning into Vegan, gluten free restaurants and stores. she'll have no problem finding stuff.

Let's just say I didn't make the adjustment well. It wasn't NYC but similar size town to a large school

Just let her know that, somehow, the lights won’t shine as bright as they did on your TV
And the work will seem harder and days will seem longer than she ever thought they'd be.

But, you know, she’s gotta stick to her guns when it all comes down 'cause sometimes you can't choose it. 

It's like heads they win, tails she’s gonna lose. 

Just let her know that, somehow, the lights won’t shine as bright as they did on your TV
And the work will seem harder and days will seem longer than she ever thought they'd be.

But, you know, she’s gotta stick to her guns when it all comes down 'cause sometimes you can't choose it. 

It's like heads they win, tails she’s gonna lose. 
Way to win big Rover's fallen angel.

so I fully admit - I don't "connect" with people deeply.  A lot of stuff people do, I find annoying or dumb.  I don't like to talk endlessly about things.  That doesn't mean I don't care if your kid is sick or something.   I just don't care about 80% of what people will talk about.  Yes, I have fun with friends, yes I enjoy certain things, but I don't care for personal drama or chit chat.

Anyway, we are supposed to have a zoom "holiday party" for work next week and I don't care even a little.  I hate stupid team building events, or being pressured into participating in some lame work event.  I know a lot of people enjoy these stupid work things but I always think they are dumb....

Am I the only one that thinks these are stupid?  I really don't want to participate but also don't want to be the only ####### that doesnt "show up"

so I fully admit - I don't "connect" with people deeply.  A lot of stuff people do, I find annoying or dumb.  I don't like to talk endlessly about things.  That doesn't mean I don't care if your kid is sick or something.   I just don't care about 80% of what people will talk about.  Yes, I have fun with friends, yes I enjoy certain things, but I don't care for personal drama or chit chat.

Anyway, we are supposed to have a zoom "holiday party" for work next week and I don't care even a little.  I hate stupid team building events, or being pressured into participating in some lame work event.  I know a lot of people enjoy these stupid work things but I always think they are dumb....

Am I the only one that thinks these are stupid?  I really don't want to participate but also don't want to be the only ####### that doesnt "show up"
Dumb, yes.  People wearing reindeer antlers and Santa hats in a Zoom meeting.... :rolleyes:

bah humbug

Edible 20 minutes before the party should help.

I was not at Providence on Saturday and would color myself just a moderate Timbers' fan.  The games are fun, though.  I actually prefer the Thorns games - less cost, better product (imo).  But wow, what a fun game, despite the outcome.  My buddy was there and said it was just tremendous fun.  

Dan Lambskin said:
Nice

my 8 year old says he wants to be a director.  We’re getting him a movie camera and a bunch of story board type stuff for Christmas.  He’s definitely the creative type (clay modeling, drawing and stuff) so we’re going to encourage it
that's awesome.  consider getting him something like this:  Lights

They're cheap and provide pretty fair lighting, but the ability to choose any color gives him the ability to set different moods and create effects.

General Malaise said:
Wow!!!!  What an achievement, especially in light of all she went through.  What resilience.  Happy for you GB.  Drinks on me next time in Seattle area......your gonna need it. ;)
Or if he comes to Portland.

:coffee:

Users who are viewing this thread