What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

GM's Thread About Everything/GM's Thread About Nothing (7 Viewers)

Currently parked on the PA turnpike. Some snow and mixed precipitation today is causing chaos.

Right now it seems that there may be an accident in the Blue Mountain tunnel. If that’s the case, I may be here quite a while.

Actually, I was typing this saw a state patrol driving the wrong way down the shoulder heading behind me. Really hoping he’s not going that way to shut the highway down and divert traffic off the turnpike at the exit behind me…

Currently parked on the PA turnpike. Some snow and mixed precipitation today is causing chaos.

Right now it seems that there may be an accident in the Blue Mountain tunnel. If that’s the case, I may be here quite a while.

Actually, I was typing this saw a state patrol driving the wrong way down the shoulder heading behind me. Really hoping he’s not going that way to shut the highway down and divert traffic off the turnpike at the exit behind me…
False alarm. Started moving 10 minutes later. Gotta give PADOT credit, they’re doing a great job keeping the roads clear.

Floppinha just booked a Disney ad/commercial/something for her and me in Orlando, Jan 6-10.

I just tested positive for Covid.

this pipe-dream fun (and lucrative) way to start 2022 may sidetrack into yet another #### start to a new year (the wife let the agent know about the positive test, which definitely puts the whole thing into the unlikely realm now).

Last edited by a moderator:
Floppinha just booked a Disney ad/commercial/something for her and me in Orlando, Jan 6-10.

I just tested positive for Covid.

this pipe-dream fun (and lucrative) way to start 2022 may sidetrack into yet another #### start to a new year (the wife let the agent know about the positive test, which definitely puts the whole thing into the unlikely realm now).
well that sucks.  hope it works out somehow.

well that sucks.  hope it works out somehow.
apparently we're still on... just not sure how to prove we don't have it, if the tests are going to show positives for it (as I understand they do for up to 90 days after having it). Floppinha got it first on Monday, just today feeling better. 

fingers crossed that I recover speedily.

Happy New Year folks. Watching the “competitive” Orange Bowl while the barrage of ordinances has continued since about 6 pm. I miss my dog dearly, but I am so happy she no longer has to deal with this ####. Wishing the best to you and yours and see you on the other side (2022 that is).

apparently we're still on... just not sure how to prove we don't have it, if the tests are going to show positives for it (as I understand they do for up to 90 days after having it). Floppinha got it first on Monday, just today feeling better. 

Good luck, seems like an awesome opportunity. Hope you guys stay healthy as well. Such a crazy virus.

Good luck, seems like an awesome opportunity. Hope you guys stay healthy as well. Such a crazy virus.
Thanks, gb.

floppinha is on the mend as of today- no fever and feeling fine. I barely scratched a fever this morning and just feel a little fluey despite the positive result...nothing terrible. 

Happy new years to all of you fine folk.

We’ll be ringing in 2022 at my stepdaughter’s apt outside Orlando with maybe 6 beers in the fridge. Spent a week with the in-laws in Okeechobee and took Amtrak here today. Ubered to her place and waiting for her to get home from work.

Happy New Year, ya filthy animals!

• Smile
Reactions: SWC

Iirc CDC is recommending only 7 days quarantine if you were vaccinated. 

This year for friends' gift baskets,  besides the usual cookies and pecan candies,  I included a "Reuben kit." I corned and cooked the beef,  fermented the kraut, made  horseradish beer mustard, and Russian dressing. I couldn't produce a decent sour dough rye, or find a cow and a churn  so I got store-bought rye and swiss cheese to complete the kit.

This year for friends' gift baskets,  besides the usual cookies and pecan candies,  I included a "Reuben kit." I corned and cooked the beef,  fermented the kraut, made  horseradish beer mustard, and Russian dressing. I couldn't produce a decent sour dough rye, or find a cow and a churn  so I got store-bought rye and swiss cheese to complete the kit.
:kicksrock:

I gotta say being vaxed and boosted and getting Covid in the holiday season sucks. Totally screwed my daughters 18th and Christmas.  
I’m thankful I’m feeling good, have a job where I can take time off and a house where I can quarantine but damm this sucks. 
Not looking for responses or sympathy but know this is a good space where I can vent for my sanity  and folks can scroll by. 
Had the exact thing happen to us. Wife and I are vaxxd and boosted and both kids are fully vaxxed. All 4 of us tested positive on the 23rd.

@General Malaise

Man who dumped 90,000 pennies was retaliating against ex-worker

A man who sent more than 91,000 pennies to be dumped onto a former employee’s Georgia driveway is accused of retaliation in a U.S. Labor Department complaint filed in federal court.

Miles Walker, owner of A OK Walker Autoworks in Peachtree City, Ga., is accused of retaliation and other labor-law violations after Andreas Flaten found $915 worth of oily pennies forming a “nasty circle” at his Fayetteville, Ga., home in March.

Just spent a week skiing with my sister and her 2 kids. Her and her son tested positive yesterday. Zero symptoms. Daughter negative. 

wife and I are negative today. Haven’t tested my kid yet. 

neat. All adults tri-vaxxed. All kids vaxxed. 

Just spent a week skiing with my sister and her 2 kids. Her and her son tested positive yesterday. Zero symptoms. Daughter negative. 

wife and I are negative today. Haven’t tested my kid yet. 

neat. All adults tri-vaxxed. All kids vaxxed. 

Why did they test?

my kid tested negative.

these were all home tests.  my sister is awaiting pcr tests as we speak.  hoping for a false positive from yesterday, as she needs to fly home to the USVI, with a mandatory negative test for re-entry.

my kid tested negative.

these were all home tests.  my sister is awaiting pcr tests as we speak.  hoping for a false positive from yesterday, as she needs to fly home to the USVI, with a mandatory negative test for re-entry.
Oh...at home if not done right can produce false positive

@General Malaise

Man who dumped 90,000 pennies was retaliating against ex-worker

A man who sent more than 91,000 pennies to be dumped onto a former employee’s Georgia driveway is accused of retaliation in a U.S. Labor Department complaint filed in federal court.

Miles Walker, owner of A OK Walker Autoworks in Peachtree City, Ga., is accused of retaliation and other labor-law violations after Andreas Flaten found $915 worth of oily pennies forming a “nasty circle” at his Fayetteville, Ga., home in March.

Throw them everywhere!

Oh...at home if not done right can produce false positive
this is what i was hoping for.  

we are all mildly functional adults apparently capable of administering the home tests correctly. at least she was. i hope i was able to do mine correctly as well, as they were negative.

DA RAIDERS said:
this is what i was hoping for.  

we are all mildly functional adults apparently capable of administering the home tests correctly. at least she was. i hope i was able to do mine correctly as well, as they were negative.

Did you pee on the stick before or after you swabbed the inside of your mouth?  You could also be pregnant.

Recovered to negative with a day to spare.

We're down here in Orlando now after an exhausting weekend working on the Disney shoot all day yesterday and most of today at Universal. I'm old, but also realizing the Covid wore me out for this.

The Disney job was super cool...promotion pics for their new Star Wars themed "experience" hotel, opening in March. We got to experience some of it...with Chewbacca, storm troopers and Rey. I'll pass on the pics if/when/where they ever appear.

Users who are viewing this thread