What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

GM's Thread About Everything/GM's Thread About Nothing (9 Viewers)

Uruk-Hai said:
Sorry you're having to deal with this, k4. But I'm glad you're getting to spend some time with grandpa sans a zillion others around. Practically speaking - and knowing you what little I do - I think you being there for all of the business stuff is making things orders-of-magnitude better.

Bobby, I have a pretty close colleague in my work arena who went to MT. He's a PE and he owns a company specializing in geotechnical services. Is your kid looking at engineering?

GL, kev. Bootycam is next up on my neverending medical procedures tour.
chemical engineering

(not a euphemism)

ETA: He turned 17 a week ago and has already changed his wannabe major from aeronautical engineering. If he's like most of us he's only going to change his mind 2 or 3 more times. But he is very linear so he's on the right general path.

Last edited by a moderator:
Culvers was opened by Willie "Big Jim" Culver in Cheboygan Wisconsin in 1945

It started as a general store where you could get a burger from a freshly slaughtered cow topped with buttered corn

In the early 80's they expanded to several new locations but people found the corn odd so they'd order it with no corn but the butter was left on hence the name Butter Burger

Culvers was opened by Willie "Big Jim" Culver in Cheboygan Wisconsin in 1945

It started as a general store where you could get a burger from a freshly slaughtered cow topped with buttered corn

In the early 80's they expanded to several new locations but people found the corn odd so they'd order it with no corn but the butter was left on hence the name Butter Burger
Did you get to pick it out like a lobster in a tank?

Pot roast sandwich is the Culver's shark move
Crap, saw that on the menu and thought it sounded great, but figured I should try the butter burger since I'd never had one.My grandpa had the custard and it looked delicious, but I didn't try it.

Culver's has invaded Florida. Thought I left it behind me in Cheeseland. Frozen custard gives me migraines.

ETA: Their grease burgers are nasty. Not supposed to flop over when you try to bite into it. :X

Sorry but Culvers is the best cheapish fast food burger around here (we don't have In-n-Out). Their fish sandwich and post roast sandwich are amazing too.

But yeah a double bacon butter burger will likely clean you out.

ETA Ive eaten at the Worlds Largest Culvers.

The boys just had dinner and were upstairs. I'm in the basement. There was just this really big commotion that I never would have guessed what it was. I run upstairs, they run downstairs.

Somehow the lower tray of the dishwasher was across the room but still right side up. All of the utensils were tipped over (the commotion) and a couple of the wheels had popped off. It was like somebody carried it across the room and dropped it. My wife isn't home. The boys are officially freaking out. :mellow:

:oldunsure:

Just remembered that I got an envelope in the mail today addressed the former owner. It was a bulk mailing from a HVAC company and I could feel that there was a coolie cup in there. Kind of odd I thought. I chuckled to myself "sorry fellas, she died 5 years ago" threw the coolie cup in a bin and everything else in the trash. I don't know if she actually died in the house but I could find out if I had to.

Just remembered that I got an envelope in the mail today addressed the former owner. It was a bulk mailing from a HVAC company and I could feel that there was a coolie cup in there. Kind of odd I thought. I chuckled to myself "sorry fellas, she died 5 years ago" threw the coolie cup in a bin and everything else in the trash. I don't know if she actually died in the house but I could find out if I had to.

Yeah. I think you messed up Bob, your house is officially haunted

Just got off the phone with my wife's grandparents. My grandfather-in-law turned 87 today. They will be celebrating it saturday which will be their 67th wedding anniversary.

My grandmother in law turned 89 in August.

I don't want this to be humblebrag but they are both great people. They have taken me in as one of there own. Just like my father in law. Truthfully a guy couldnt ask for better in laws.

ETA Ive eaten at the Worlds Largest Culvers.
I've never eaten at or heard of Culvers. but... I drove hundreds of miles out of my way to eat at the world's largest Dairy Queen. They must have those things on a standard size, because the world's largest DQ was not very large... I figured they added an extra garbage shed or entry vestibule to make it qualify.

Users who are viewing this thread