What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

GM's thread about nothing (6 Viewers)

If it were me I'd say to hell with gas mileage and get a honkin Yukon or Navigator or something. Something that looks like I might slang dope. If I have to have all of these kids, I might as well be comfortable.
My wife is kind of...save the planet-ey.
SammyBronk cloth diaper save the planet or recycling beer cans save the planet?
<_< My parents (dad is 71 mom is 66) each drive their own minivan to this day. They've driven them since the mid 90's and still love them. They've been huge fans of the Dodge Grand Caravan and now my dad has the Chrysler Towne and Country. They swear by them :shrug:

Last edited by a moderator:
Let's talk alternatives to the mini-van then, shall we?

NEEDS

- Used car, 3 years old or older

- Ideally less than $20,000

- Suitable for a family of 5 or more

- Must be somewhat fuel efficient and by that, I mean NOT a Dodge Durango or a Yukon - those things are brutal on gas

- Tough enough to take up and over the mountains with storage to hold our camping gear

I think I'm destined to buy a used minivan, but perhaps not. I am not the world's greatest car buyer, but I have always bought used cars and drive them for several years. I will never consider a lease and I will never buy brand new.
Honda Odyssey or Toyota Sienna. Been there and done that. We went with the Odyssey but really it is all about personal preference at that point. For those who mock the minivan ( and I used to be one of them), when you add that third kid and think of going anywhere with three kids and all their stuff, you really have no choice. The wife and I looked at, sat in, crawled all over every car/truck and van at the Cleveland autoshow a few years ago. It was painfully obvious that the only way to go was Minivan if you wanted to have a reasonable amount of room, or sell the third kid. Once you add gear for a sporting event, tournament or if a kid wants to bring a friend or two and then what are you going to do - with the Minivan - not an issue. Another good reason to have a minivan - holds plenty of full size drunk adults - 7 to be exact (and one sober driver) after the Kentucky Derby!!!
Good stuff. I think the Odyssey would be my preference, but we might also like to compare/contrast with a US automaker if we can. Does the US offer a minivan that compares at all with the Odyssey?
There is a Chrysler Town and Country which is also less expensive. Wife had an Accord and swore by Honda so you see how that conversation went. For the record, I also drive an Infiniti and am debating getting rid of my I35 after 200k miles - actually handing it down to a teenage driver. Tell ya what, those cars are not cheap, but after 200k , little is wrong with that car and I have beat on it pretty good. :knockswood: They are hard on tire and brakes, but that is about it. I bought that car used from the dealer after it had been a demo/loaner for the dealer and I would highly recommend going that way again if it is ever an option. Not likely with a minivan, but you never know.
Are you kidding me? GM balls so hard.
Minivan chat.

Seriously?
While taking the boys trick or treating last night we happened upon a house that apparently had a sorority handing out candy. They were really cute. Not a one said hi or even looked at me though. :sadbanana:

Oh yeah, Mrs. SLB just told me that my GB's (Vegas pic) wife just called her and invited us to dinner and drinks tomorrow night. Oh, and for us to just spend the night at their house since we live so far away now. :unsure:

:goodposting:

I have an 08 and love it. As far as the tripometer, you realize it calculates your MPG on the computer thing on your dash right?
That mpg display on the computer is inaccurate. There are certain things I am extremely nitpicky about and gas mileage is one of them. I reset the tripometer each time I fill up and always calculate mileage that way. If the computer display says I am getting 29 mpg, it is often off by a mile or two per gallon - always on the high side.
Good Lord GB. You must have one clean anal cavity.
WILL YOU IDIOTS PLEASE STOP TALKING ABOUT MINIVANS?
Here you go.

:goodposting:

I have an 08 and love it. As far as the tripometer, you realize it calculates your MPG on the computer thing on your dash right?
That mpg display on the computer is inaccurate. There are certain things I am extremely nitpicky about and gas mileage is one of them. I reset the tripometer each time I fill up and always calculate mileage that way. If the computer display says I am getting 29 mpg, it is often off by a mile or two per gallon - always on the high side.
Good Lord GB. You must have one clean anal cavity.
WILL YOU IDIOTS PLEASE STOP TALKING ABOUT MINIVANS?
Here you go.
Public Service Announcement

Any of you degenerates subscribe to this? Supposedly 66% ATS this year.
Colin Cowherd's picks are free. 28-12 ATS :coffee: P&S I'd try to turn 28-12 into a percentage, but I fear my math skills would make MOP look like Archimedes.
70% :grad:
Hey, get out of here with that math ####, nerd.I'm jumping on the Cowherd train this week. :drive:
Me too. He'll be 28-28 in no time.

I listed my wife's car on Craigslist last week for $4,900 and sold it within 24 hours for $5,000 to a gal in Southern Utah who has been looking for this specific car, but found no inventory for it where she lives (out in the sticks, I guess). She financed the purchase through a credit union, so it took about a week for her to get everything squared away. From what I understand, Obama's Cash for Clunkers program stripped out a LOT of the used car inventory that was floating around, so for the first time car buyers (which this gal is, fresh out of college) the pickings for reliable used cars under $5,000 is slim.

Anyhow, YEAH OBAMA!!! :nonpoliticaltangent:

Also, I couldn't help but facebook stalk the new buyer. :wub:

Wife is pretty bummed to sell her car. She bought it when she graduated from college and it served her very well. But we need a little something bigger and since I am pot committed to riding my bike to and from work this winter, we don't need two cars sitting in our garage.

Anyhow, coming soon, my MINI VAN THREAD!!!! :excited: :excited: :excited: :excited: :excited:
I can't imagine why anyone would buy a minivan. Ever.
Have you driven a minivan? Well? Have you?VROOOOOOOOOOM
My link

NEEDS

- Must be somewhat fuel efficient and by that, I mean NOT a Dodge Durango or a Yukon - those things are brutal on gas

- Tough enough to take up and over the mountains with storage to hold our camping gear

I think I'm destined to buy a used minivan, but perhaps not. I am not the world's greatest car buyer, but I have always bought used cars and drive them for several years. I will never consider a lease and I will never buy brand new.
Ford Flex imo. Get the deluxe model.

Looks like I will be heading to Seattle for work between 12/10 and 12/18, which means the weekend will be spent in the NW. Now, do I stay in Seattle over the weekend, head south for Portland, or north to Vancouver?Tips, opinions and comments most welcome.TIA YIC
If cornholing is not important to you, take a ferry to Victoria. One of the coolest cities in North America and a pretty fun ferry ride.

NEEDS

My link
$36,477 :shock:
I got a Limited one year old with 35K miles for $23,500, extremely happy with it. Very smooth, comfortable and fast, but seating and storage very practical.

NEEDS

You should be able to pickup a 3-4 year old Toyota Highlander for between 20-25k.I would highly recommend. Third row seating - fits 7 comfortably, road trips, you can easily pack a family of five and full luggage (including two car seats if necessary). Gets about 20 mpg around town and 28-30 highway mpg. and this isn't the sticker mpg that fabricates and adds 5-10%, this is guru_007, tightwad, reset the tripometer every fillup, 60k miles approved mpg.

I'd say this is the best family vehicle I've ever purchased.
I looked long and hard at these. But the comfort and space in the Flex won me over. But if you can get (afford) a hybrid, they are phenomenal on the mileage.

am I the only person who has never listened to a Yandek interview? am I missing out?
I listened to part of one. It's pretty painful. And they trigger my "there's something really wrong with this guy" teacher function.
There is a whole wing at the sanitarium named after me because of this.
am I the only person who has never listened to a Yandek interview? am I missing out?
I read a transcript before because it was posted on this site. But I also thought Yandek was a staff member here and that these were some sort of new content feature by Joe. Shuke had to correct me. Shuke. :bag:
:lmao: :lmao:

I read a transcript before because it was posted on this site. But I also thought Yandek was a staff member here and that these were some sort of new content feature by Joe. Shuke had to correct me. Shuke. :bag:
:lmao:Thought the same thing at first. Figured it out on my own... at least I think I did :unsure:

NEEDS

mazda cx-9, imo

My wife just took 18 minutes to basically tell me one of her co-workers has B.O.

it started out, shes young, appears to only have 4 outfits... (I missed 7-8 minutes)... refocused , something about new desk, moving something else about another co-worker knows she smells.

SOmething else for a few minutes then - everyone thinks it's real bad.

GB womenz

Is Cal, ahem, a man yet?
:lmao: I asked him if he kissed her and he replied "Yes. I mean she is my girlfriend. And she kind of makes me". This isn't the first girl to be kissing on my boy. :proud:Plus we had to pick up stuff (pizzas and crap) they sold for the fund raiser tonight. Since they sold so much each of the boys got to pic a poster off the table. There were about 20 choices I guess and they were very geared male/female. Dylan picked a Mario Bros poster which isn't any surprise. I'm watching Cal decide I'm thinking "oh god please don't pic the boy band or the kittens". He went with The Avengers. :thumbup:

My wife just took 18 minutes to basically tell me one of her co-workers has B.O.it started out, shes young, appears to only have 4 outfits... (I missed 7-8 minutes)... refocused , something about new desk, moving something else about another co-worker knows she smells.SOmething else for a few minutes then - everyone thinks it's real bad.GB womenz
Back when I worked in the city, there was a White Castle a block away from the office. This one gal ate there almost every day and smelled like WC. She was a hideous thing too. I actually felt sorry for her until she accused one of my GB's and now business partner of sexual harassment. :lmao:

Oh yeah, Mrs. SLB just told me that my GB's (Vegas pic) wife just called her and invited us to dinner and drinks tomorrow night. Oh, and for us to just spend the night at their house since we live so far away now. :unsure:
It's on. Did I mention my GB has a hot tub? :unsure:
Someone with some free time on their hands (where did that Eganwildcats guy go?) needs to cull through this thread to pull together the timeline of SLB's metamorphosis into "the lifestyle"

Is Cal, ahem, a man yet?
:lmao: I asked him if he kissed her and he replied "Yes. I mean she is my girlfriend. And she kind of makes me". This isn't the first girl to be kissing on my boy. :proud:Plus we had to pick up stuff (pizzas and crap) they sold for the fund raiser tonight. Since they sold so much each of the boys got to pic a poster off the table. There were about 20 choices I guess and they were very geared male/female. Dylan picked a Mario Bros poster which isn't any surprise. I'm watching Cal decide I'm thinking "oh god please don't pic the boy band or the kittens". He went with The Avengers. :thumbup:
My link

Is Cal, ahem, a man yet?
My link
:lmao: Be nice! I hate it when dad and grampa are fighting.

Is Cal, ahem, a man yet?
My link
:lmao: Be nice! I hate it when dad and grampa are fighting.
:lmao:
Jesus Christ.
What? :unsure:

Users who are viewing this thread