What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

GM's thread about nothing (14 Viewers)

Speaking of which, about three weeks ago I met this (ahem... 23 year old) girl through mutual friends. It was her second day in town and I was literally the first guy she met in this city. (I have no idea what her friend was thinking introducing me to her). We've been hanging out, watching bands and getting messed up. Good times have been had.

My meeting this afternoon canceled and I know she's on an EDO, so I texted her to see if she wanted to go rafting.

:hophead:

Can't wait to see this girl in a bikini.
What's an EDO and get pics you barf eating ********!*said out of jealousy and love, not hatred.
Earned Day Off...Pretty sure the pics of the 23 yr. old aren't going to happen. She's a newf and her parents are probably Early's neighbors or something. As a consolation prize, I'll give you a couple of the pics from my Stampede adventure.

Warm up Cowgirl

Cowgirls in action

Dozer

MILFy

MILFy 2

Just got a ticket for Arcade Fire for Thursday at Madison Square Garden. Spoon opens. PUMPED.

Oh, also on the way towards wasted on Vodka and lemonade

:)

Just got a ticket for Arcade Fire for Thursday at Madison Square Garden. Spoon opens. PUMPED. Oh, also on the way towards wasted on Vodka and lemonade:banned:
Serious double-boner action right there.
Yeah, definitely psyched. They sold out the Wed show, so I was resigned to over4paying for a ticket via stubhub or craigslist then they added the Thurs show and I was ab;e to score a decent single..Loving their new one FWIW Spoon only makes it doubly exciting

The more I'm around kids, the more I think a vasectomy is in order. This weekend was mild considering the sheer numbers, but now I'm back at home with a drink in my hand and wondering why the hell anyone would want anything more than just visiting hours with those little bundles of hell on wheels.

Just got a ticket for Arcade Fire for Thursday at Madison Square Garden. Spoon opens. PUMPED. Oh, also on the way towards wasted on Vodka and lemonade:banned:
Yeah, definitely psyched. They sold out the Wed show, so I was resigned to over4paying for a ticket via stubhub or craigslist then they added the Thurs show and I was ab;e to score a decent single..Loving their new one FWIW Spoon only makes it doubly exciting
These are definitely two of my favorite bands, at least ones I can name.

Just got a ticket for Arcade Fire for Thursday at Madison Square Garden. Spoon opens. PUMPED.

Oh, also on the way towards wasted on Vodka and lemonade

:goodposting:
Yeah, definitely psyched. They sold out the Wed show, so I was resigned to over4paying for a ticket via stubhub or craigslist then they added the Thurs show and I was ab;e to score a decent single..Loving their new one FWIW

Spoon only makes it doubly exciting
We saw them outside at the Greek on their last go-around, it was awesome. Just awesome.I always enjoy Spoon, but I think they're a band where you have to know the songs, or they just aren't going to grab you. The first time I saw them I wasn't too familiar with their oeuvre, and they kinda left me flat. I took a GB to see them earlier this year and he didn't understand the genius either.

The problem with them opening is that they have too many "sick jams" to fit them all in 45-60 minutes.

I am going to try to impress the genius of American Steel upon the H. No responses to the D4 up I posted has me a little worried about you guys, but I'm going to press on.

Last edited by a moderator:
I mentioned this the other day at :e:, but I feel like my posting the last couple months has not been very good. Terrible, in fact.Does anyone have any suggestions as to how I can break out of this slump?
Been in a rut since aught eight myself. Not sure there's much we can do other than keep swinging.

For some reason (I think it was because the cat threw up on the floor next to my side of the bed at 5:45), I've been up since 6 this morning, cleaning, ironing and tackling some of those last few boxes that never seem to get unpacked in a move.

This morning, I came across one box that I hadn't even unpacked when I moved to FL in February. It was an assortment of items... remote controls, shampoo bottles, manila folders, etc. But one gem I found that I will likely have a tough time explaining was this. :thumbup:

Speaking of which, about three weeks ago I met this (ahem... 23 year old) girl through mutual friends. It was her second day in town and I was literally the first guy she met in this city. (I have no idea what her friend was thinking introducing me to her). We've been hanging out, watching bands and getting messed up. Good times have been had.

My meeting this afternoon canceled and I know she's on an EDO, so I texted her to see if she wanted to go rafting.

:thumbup:

Can't wait to see this girl in a bikini.
What's an EDO and get pics you barf eating ********!*said out of jealousy and love, not hatred.
Earned Day Off...Pretty sure the pics of the 23 yr. old aren't going to happen. She's a newf and her parents are probably Early's neighbors or something. As a consolation prize, I'll give you a couple of the pics from my Stampede adventure.

Warm up Cowgirl

Cowgirls in action

Dozer

MILFy

MILFy 2
I'll take all four in the dozer pic. SEriously, hook me up. I'll give you the low down/degree of crazy.

For some reason (I think it was because the cat threw up on the floor next to my side of the bed at 5:45), I've been up since 6 this morning, cleaning, ironing and tackling some of those last few boxes that never seem to get unpacked in a move.

This morning, I came across one box that I hadn't even unpacked when I moved to FL in February. It was an assortment of items... remote controls, shampoo bottles, manila folders, etc. But one gem I found that I will likely have a tough time explaining was this. :shrug:
yes, look at you.

I just skipped pages 81-84, hopefully there was nothing worth reading. The wife asked me last night when my draft was this year for that internet league. I wasn't sure what she was talking about and I asked her to clarify, big mistake. "You know that league you went to Vegas and then some guys cabin in Wisconsin to draft for?" :P Which led to about 40 more questions and me explaining again that it was not some "gay" thing. I'm still thankful that she's never made me explain the whole 11 league to my parents, but I do hope we have a draft next year as I didn't like this years.

I just skipped pages 81-84, hopefully there was nothing worth reading. The wife asked me last night when my draft was this year for that internet league. I wasn't sure what she was talking about and I asked her to clarify, big mistake. "You know that league you went to Vegas and then some guys cabin in Wisconsin to draft for?" :wall: Which led to about 40 more questions and me explaining again that it was not some "gay" thing. I'm still thankful that she's never made me explain the whole 11 league to my parents, but I do hope we have a draft next year as I didn't like this years.
Scupper just had to have more kids. Selfish *******.

I just skipped pages 81-84, hopefully there was nothing worth reading. The wife asked me last night when my draft was this year for that internet league. I wasn't sure what she was talking about and I asked her to clarify, big mistake. "You know that league you went to Vegas and then some guys cabin in Wisconsin to draft for?" :lmao: Which led to about 40 more questions and me explaining again that it was not some "gay" thing. I'm still thankful that she's never made me explain the whole 11 league to my parents, but I do hope we have a draft next year as I didn't like this years.
C-section, I assume.

I just skipped pages 81-84, hopefully there was nothing worth reading. The wife asked me last night when my draft was this year for that internet league. I wasn't sure what she was talking about and I asked her to clarify, big mistake. "You know that league you went to Vegas and then some guys cabin in Wisconsin to draft for?" :bag: Which led to about 40 more questions and me explaining again that it was not some "gay" thing. I'm still thankful that she's never made me explain the whole 11 league to my parents, but I do hope we have a draft next year as I didn't like this years.
C-section, I assume.
At the cabin, with a midwife.

The more I'm around kids, the more I think a vasectomy is in order. This weekend was mild considering the sheer numbers, but now I'm back at home with a drink in my hand and wondering why the hell anyone would want anything more than just visiting hours with those little bundles of hell on wheels.
I was a birthday party for a 3 year olds. This one boy kept getting kicked in the balls by various other kids. The adults were laughing our assses off, which made him proud, and set himself up for more groin-shots until his dad had to step in and tell him cool it.

Mr. Pickles said:
CGRdrJoe said:
I just skipped pages 81-84, hopefully there was nothing worth reading. The wife asked me last night when my draft was this year for that internet league. I wasn't sure what she was talking about and I asked her to clarify, big mistake. "You know that league you went to Vegas and then some guys cabin in Wisconsin to draft for?" :bag: Which led to about 40 more questions and me explaining again that it was not some "gay" thing. I'm still thankful that she's never made me explain the whole 11 league to my parents, but I do hope we have a draft next year as I didn't like this years.
damn little Joe :wolf:

What's that quote about scouting high school players and how "it=info and there's no expires by date on it?"

I want to use that as my "resume" post to get into the survivor contest.
"It=Info" is an old shark pool line, I don't know where it originated. Here's the rest of that post.Edit: Some guy in the shark pool forwarded that to the Athletic Director of Isaiah Weeks' high school in Alaska. I think it freaked the kid out.
Remember this? It worked. I'm in.League 6, baby.

Early_10 said:
I'll take all four in the dozer pic. SEriously, hook me up. I'll give you the low down/degree of crazy.
The two boys are like 19. You'd destroy them. The girl in the blue is a BC girl. As long as there's enough of the green around I'm going to take a wild guess that she'd be very... compliant. Dozer, well she struck me as a bit of a prig. I'd motorboat that until one of us changed our minds though.

CGRdrJoe said:
Elite league drafts in Hayward the weekend of August 20th. Lookin' forward to it :banned:

Is this basically the new FFA? All the star power seems to be in here, and the rest is pretty bad.

When did "Hang Me Out to Dry" by Cold War Kids become ubiquitous? Have now heard it 4x this weekend in 4 different bars. For the record, I can't decide if I like it or not. Pretty sure I dig the chorus and the rest is pretty meh.

When did "Hang Me Out to Dry" by Cold War Kids become ubiquitous? Have now heard it 4x this weekend in 4 different bars. For the record, I can't decide if I like it or not. Pretty sure I dig the chorus and the rest is pretty meh.
CWK are great. Cousin saw Black Keys in Brooklyn this weekend and said it was the best show he has ever seen. Bummed i missed it.

Is this basically the new FFA? All the star power seems to be in here, and the rest is pretty bad.
If we could get Labs and Old Bay to participate here more, we'd actually see what made this place great once.

urbanhack said:
Celph Titled said:
Mr. Pickles said:
CGRdrJoe said:
C-section, I assume.
At the cabin, with a midwife.
:sleep:

My fiancée is away for her 5day bachelorette party in Vegas. Her maid of honor is a nightmare, keeps trying to pair her up with guys to talk to. Shes getting married, and there is other news that makes it even more awkward. Basically im just annoyed with this broad right now. Effing righettis sister in law....

On the bright side I've been eating pizza and cookies all weekend and drinking beer and watching bad scifi movies and it feels kinda cool to have a couple good bachelor days again.

Anyway life is really good in Oland these days, some crazy developments in life and its all pretty awesome. This will be the craiest year of my life ever.

Why is True Blood filled with so many homosexual undertones?? Definitely multiple gay writers on this show...

CGRdrJoe said:
Elite league drafts in Hayward the weekend of August 20th. Lookin' forward to it :sleep:
TF> you doing the boxes thing again for football? really enjoyed that a few years.

some crazy developments in life that i cant share yet, but its all pretty awesome.
Congrats, bro. Welcome to the club. :sleep:
:bag: thanks dude. Unbelieveably stoked. But there are some family members ln this board and i cant say anything to them yet, so im not starting a thread or anything. Anyway i guess should be safe in here.

My fiancée is away for her 5day bachelorette party in Vegas. Her maid of honor is a nightmare, keeps trying to pair her up with guys to talk to. Shes getting married, and there is other news that makes it even more awkward. Basically im just annoyed with this broad right now. Effing righettis sister in law....On the bright side I've been eating pizza and cookies all weekend and drinking beer and watching bad scifi movies and it feels kinda cool to have a couple good bachelor days again. Anyway life is really good in Oland these days, some crazy developments in life and its all pretty awesome. This will be the craiest year of my life ever. Why is True Blood filled with so many homosexual undertones?? Definitely multiple gay writers on this show...
Your fiance is in Vegas on a 5 day bender with a friend who keeps pushing other guys in her lap?

CWK are great. Cousin saw Black Keys in Brooklyn this weekend and said it was the best show he has ever seen. Bummed i missed it.
Saw BKs open for Pearl Jam iin late May and they were great. Saw them this week at Summerstage in Central Park and they were even better. Longer set, beautiful evening, was just top notch all the way around. I ####### love Summerstage on a beautiful summer evening. Might be my favorite venue in NYC.

My fiancée is away for her 5day bachelorette party in Vegas. Her maid of honor is a nightmare, keeps trying to pair her up with guys to talk to. Shes getting married, and there is other news that makes it even more awkward. Basically im just annoyed with this broad right now. Effing righettis sister in law....On the bright side I've been eating pizza and cookies all weekend and drinking beer and watching bad scifi movies and it feels kinda cool to have a couple good bachelor days again. Anyway life is really good in Oland these days, some crazy developments in life and its all pretty awesome. This will be the craiest year of my life ever. Why is True Blood filled with so many homosexual undertones?? Definitely multiple gay writers on this show...
Your fiance is in Vegas on a 5 day bender with a friend who keeps pushing other guys in her lap?
Yes because my fiancee is the "bait" (read much cuter than maid of honor) and so she is using her to meet grouos of guys. It is annoying and obviously with all going on in my life i trust fiancée to the end of the earth, but it feels lretty disrespectful of maid of honor to pull #### like that. She also keeps making a big deal about fiancée nkt drinking. Of course shes not drinking #######, don't make her feel bad about it...

Bachelorette parties seem brutal. The cattiness and pettiness of different circles of friends all coming together in a perfect storm of estrogen, alcohol and jealousy. Have heard many horror stories.

Bachelorette parties seem brutal. The cattiness and pettiness of different circles of friends all coming together in a perfect storm of estrogen, alcohol and jealousy. Have heard many horror stories.
2 divorces should've resulted from my stepsister's, but only one materialized.

Congrats, GBO! Don't let your posting go down the drain like Truck's did after the little one's arrival. :excited:
Thanks Krista! She'll be barely three months at the wedding. We decided to give it one try and see what happened. Turns out, baby happened. We're both psyched. Ps... If any family members see this in here, please keep it on the super DL. Telling closest family over the next week or so, and then keeping it otherwise under wraps until after the wedding.

Congrats, GBO! Don't let your posting go down the drain like Truck's did after the little one's arrival. :excited:
Thanks Krista! She'll be barely three months at the wedding. We decided to give it one try and see what happened. Turns out, baby happened. We're both psyched. Ps... If any family members see this in here, please keep it on the super DL. Telling closest family over the next week or so, and then keeping it otherwise under wraps until after the wedding.
Congrats....you need an A6 wagon now.

Ahhhhh, so she can't partake during her own bachelor party. Yeah, that's a tough one to explain when you're not out of the closet yet. Is she just going to tell them and have them keep it on the DL?

Users who are viewing this thread