What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

GM's thread about nothing (9 Viewers)

Wait, I just realized that I agreed earlier today to go over to another couple's house for lasagna tomorrow night. I didn't think about the fact it was Valentine's Day. What the hell? Do you think they're inviting us over to wine and dine us and then ask us to swing? Was "lasagna" a euphemism?
sheets (of pasta)and ricotta everywhere

Speaking of which, our Safeway has, "special" long-stem strawberries in boxes of like 5 berries for considerably more than an entire pint costs. And I was just thinking that the flavor of my strawberries was being substantially limited by their short stems. Thanks Safeway!
:lmao: Is there anyone else here who is married/in a relationship and doing absolutely nothing for Valentine's Day? No special dinner, no gifts, no cards...or am I the only one who thinks this way?
My wife absolutely despises all Hallmark Holidays and thinks it's just a giant money trap. She would prefer doing absolutely nothing. I am fine with that, but just in case this is a giant trap, I took her to an early dinner Saturday. Then yesterday, at the "Crafty Underdog", I told her she had $20 to blow on anything she found and that would be her Valentines Day Gift. She found a pair of purple earrings that we both really liked for $18. If I didn't force her to do this, she wouldn't have cared.Same girl laughed when I asked her if she'd like to watch the Grammies. I don't think I could love this woman anymore than I do. :wub:

GLGBSLBDad
Thoprawishes Papa SLB.
my mom has had both of hers done. rehab sux0rs. but it was truly a miracle for her to not be in pain anymore.

he'll do great.
Thanks GB's. It's funny, right after I posted that my cousin entered my office and asked if he could talk to me. I said sure and he motioned to me follow him. He brought me way back in the warehouse and said "holy ####, I've never seen your Dad like this. Is he alright?".

My Dad is having his hip replaced tomorrow. Except of course it isn't just any standard hip replacement. No, he spent a solid year interviewing doctors and decided to go with some world expert that doesn't replace all of the bone or something. This is the first time I've ever seen him worried about anything. Should be a fun day at the hospital tomorrow with Mom. Just a heads up that you guys need to bring it tomorrow.
Do you know the doc's name or the implant he's using?
Dr. Robert BarrackWhat's REALLY, REALLY, REALLY, funny is one of the doctor's he interviewed was showing him the prosthetic he recommended and how it would work and dropped it not once, not twice, but three times. :lol:

Wait, I just realized that I agreed earlier today to go over to another couple's house for lasagna tomorrow night. I didn't think about the fact it was Valentine's Day. What the hell? Do you think they're inviting us over to wine and dine us and then ask us to swing? Was "lasagna" a euphemism?
Nothing says "I love you" like group sex.

Last edited by a moderator:
My wife absolutely despises all Hallmark Holidays and thinks it's just a giant money trap. She would prefer doing absolutely nothing. I am fine with that, but just in case this is a giant trap, I took her to an early dinner Saturday. Then yesterday, at the "Crafty Underdog", I told her she had $20 to blow on anything she found and that would be her Valentines Day Gift. She found a pair of purple earrings that we both really liked for $18. If I didn't force her to do this, she wouldn't have cared.Same girl laughed when I asked her if she'd like to watch the Grammies. I don't think I could love this woman anymore than I do. :wub:
My wife doesn't care for chocolate and told me one year she thought VD was stupid. Oh, it was a GIANT trap alright. I ordered my flowers through FTD 3 weeks ago.

Speaking of which, our Safeway has, "special" long-stem strawberries in boxes of like 5 berries for considerably more than an entire pint costs. And I was just thinking that the flavor of my strawberries was being substantially limited by their short stems. Thanks Safeway!
:lmao: Is there anyone else here who is married/in a relationship and doing absolutely nothing for Valentine's Day? No special dinner, no gifts, no cards...or am I the only one who thinks this way?
I promise, we are normally that way. But, he does LOVE chocolate covered strawberries, and had I been making them for that other guy any other day of the year, I would have made extra as a surprise. It just so happens to be Valentine's tomorrow.And I'd be taking wine anyway.

Ultimately, though, who am I kidding. He'll be at the poker tables before I even have a chance to spring any of this on him.
Not meant to be critical--any day is a good day for chocolate-covered strawberries. As far as chicks go, I thought you'd be right there with me on not acknowledging this holiday, though, so I wondered if I really was on an island.
Absolutely with you. :hifive:

went out after work on saturday and got to witness 2 pretty hot chicks compare boob jobs. without clothes(topless). when they went nipple to nipple i almost passed out.

:banned:

Right there with you! Nothing planned, don't want anything to do with it. I love my lady! :wub:

So I had an ultrasound done on both legs today. Obviously, this is a rich opportunity for shtick, so I was thinking something along the lines of "Look into my eyes when you do that" or "How about some more gel right here?"

Unfortunately, one look at the mousey little Indigo Girl that was going to perform the procedure told me that this would be a shtick-free environment. I can't ever remember having less fun having warm gel smeared all over me.

The followup with my doctor, a guy I have known since he was in medical school 30 years ago, a guy I have been to Vegas with, went fine. I don't have clots that would make air travel next month a risky proposition. But one thing leapt out the bloodwork and pimp-slapped me. My glucose was high. Real high. High enough that I have to get it tested again, and if I roll the same number, I'm diabetic. :unsure:

On the plus side, he re-upped my Vicodin prescription.

So I had an ultrasound done on both legs today. Obviously, this is a rich opportunity for shtick, so I was thinking something along the lines of "Look into my eyes when you do that" or "How about some more gel right here?"

Unfortunately, one look at the mousey little Indigo Girl that was going to perform the procedure told me that this would be a shtick-free environment. I can't ever remember having less fun having warm gel smeared all over me.

The followup with my doctor, a guy I have known since he was in medical school 30 years ago, a guy I have been to Vegas with, went fine. I don't have clots that would make air travel next month a risky proposition. But one thing leapt out the bloodwork and pimp-slapped me. My glucose was high. Real high. High enough that I have to get it tested again, and if I roll the same number, I'm diabetic. :unsure:

On the plus side, he re-upped my Vicodin prescription.
Ah ####. :( GLGB

Right there with you! Nothing planned, don't want anything to do with it. I love my lady! :wub:
We never do the planned holiday thing. We prefer spontaneity

Wait, if I had three girlfriends called "Mandy" I guess I would be banging a bunch of "Mandys" and not "Mandies". Right? But it's not "Candys" it's "Candies". Correct?

God, I give up. Award shows suck. Glad I found a woman who hates them more than I do.

My Dad is having his hip replaced tomorrow. Except of course it isn't just any standard hip replacement. No, he spent a solid year interviewing doctors and decided to go with some world expert that doesn't replace all of the bone or something. This is the first time I've ever seen him worried about anything. Should be a fun day at the hospital tomorrow with Mom. Just a heads up that you guys need to bring it tomorrow.
Word on the street is that it's an Zimmer.
That would be "Zimmers" with an S, if you've ever spent a day in your hometown.

That would be "Zimmers" with an S, if you've ever spent a day in your hometown.:blink:

I've often thought about creating an urban legend e-mail to send out and after reading Momma GM's latest entry, I think this needs to happen.

Rules: Make up an urban legend of some sort. Somewhere work in GMTAN and your screen name so you can take credit. Mail it to a bunch of people in your address book. If somebody else gets your e-mail, you win. Pretty east.

Who wants in?

That would be "Zimmers" with an S, if you've ever spent a day in your hometown.:blink:
If you've spent any time there at all, you would know it's called "Zimmers".

I've often thought about creating an urban legend e-mail to send out and after reading Momma GM's latest entry, I think this needs to happen.Rules: Make up an urban legend of some sort. Somewhere work in GMTAN and your screen name so you can take credit. Mail it to a bunch of people in your address book. If somebody else gets your e-mail, you win. Pretty east.Who wants in?
I've wanted to do this forever. In.

If you've spent any time there at all, you would know it's called "Zimmers".
ORLY?????

Thank you so much for the donation, Krista! I love this place.
Consider my paypal to you a donation to your cause.and if you would like me round that sucker up to $25 so you can donate it to your cause, I'd be happy to do so.
Anything helps :thumbup:
Done your way. Second paypal sent to round up to $25. Please make sure it goes to the right charity and not The Human Fund.

watching the Grammies sounds like watching a bunch of elderly women do something. Perhaps they should get their own awards show. Gadzooks and Tanner would definitely watch.

Do they still have the Blockbuster Awards or is that gone like all the Blockbuster retail stores? MTV still do award shows? What about the ESPYIES?

Flew in to Denver today for 2 days of meetings. Could someone fax me some oxygen while I wait for this aspirin to take effect? TIA.

Thank you so much for the donation, Krista! I love this place.
Consider my paypal to you a donation to your cause.and if you would like me round that sucker up to $25 so you can donate it to your cause, I'd be happy to do so.
Anything helps :thumbup:
Done your way. Second paypal sent to round up to $25. Please make sure it goes to the right charity and not The Human Fund.
Wow. I will. Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread