What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

GM's thread about nothing (4 Viewers)

We have a little freezing drizzle falling this morning. None of it was sticking, but the forecast was for falling temperatures.

I took the day off. I don't want to die. :oldunsure:

That Walking Dead thread is just the worst. I have no idea why I keep going in there.
No kidding.
so stop.

I still enjoy the stupid show and the stupid thread, apologists and antagonists aside. do you guys like the show at all?

but interesting to see the gay-phobia bubble up so immediately. by interesting, I mean.. disappointing and icky.
Perhaps you missed the Oscar thread and/or the NBA thread.
What was wrong with the Oscars thread?

We have a little freezing drizzle falling this morning. None of it was sticking, but the forecast was for falling temperatures.

I took the day off. I don't want to die. :oldunsure:
18 inches of snow here over the weekend on top of the initial freezing rain. More coming Wednesday through Saturday. I am picking my SIL and niece up at the airport at 9:00 pm and driving them up to Grand Lake. Berthoud Pass is going to suck going over it at 10:30 and again at midnight when I come back. GB the 4WD pickup, new tires, and chains.

78 here in Miami today. Face finally thawing after being in Chicago last week (at -22 with the wind chill...)

All the threads here (with the exception of this one) are the same.

That Walking Dead thread is just the worst. I have no idea why I keep going in there.
No kidding.
so stop.

I still enjoy the stupid show and the stupid thread, apologists and antagonists aside. do you guys like the show at all?

but interesting to see the gay-phobia bubble up so immediately. by interesting, I mean.. disappointing and icky.
What was wrong with the Oscars thread?
Aside from the fact it is about the Oscars you mean?

No kidding.
so stop.

you are correct sir. fabulously correct.

FWIW, as a teacher I would err on the side of caution when it comes to enrolling your kid later than sooner.

And at the risk of generalization I would say that waiting a year is much more important when it comes to boys.
Can you explain? Both points, really.
Kids are dumb.Younger kids are dumber than older kids.

Putting your kids in school when they are less dumber is better than when they are more dumber.

Boys tend to take longer to get less dumber than girls.

FWIW, as a teacher I would err on the side of caution when it comes to enrolling your kid later than sooner.

And at the risk of generalization I would say that waiting a year is much more important when it comes to boys.

Putting your kids in school when they are less dumber is better than when they are more dumber.

My son is September 30th, and the cutoff is October 1st. I'm not worried about him intelligence-wise I'm thinking of holding him back just so he'll be physically bigger. I was always one of the smallest kids in my grade and it sucked.

My son is September 30th, and the cutoff is October 1st. I'm not worried about him intelligence-wise I'm thinking of holding him back just so he'll be physically bigger. I was always one of the smallest kids in my grade and it sucked.
My oldest is an October 2nd birthday. He was both bright enough and mature enough that he could have been okay starting a year earlier. He didn't and it has worked out really well. Not only was he one of the bigger kids most of the way through grade school, but he has also been relatively mature for his peer group all the way through school. He is now in 8th grade and I have not second guess the decision even once.

Last edited by a moderator:

No regrets for Coop, but he's a June birthday. He is one of the shortest guys in his class, but he's built like a tank. Not sure what we'll do with Hazel, but we're leaning on early with her. We can always hold her back if we made a mistake, but I think she's going to be fine. Hard to tell at 2.5 but I'd really like her out of the house sooner than later. :oldunsure:

And I got a bigger Dire Straits vibe from War on Drugs than Dylan.
Their first album is the one I would say has a more Dylan sound, but agree that their next two albums are different.

From Kurt Vile's Wiki:

In 2003, frontman Adam Granduciel moved from Oakland, California to Philadelphia, where he met Kurt Vile, who had also recently moved back to Philadelphia after living in Boston for two years.[3] The duo subsequently began writing, recording and performing music together.[4] Vile stated, "Adam was the first dude I met when I moved back to Philadelphia in 2003. We saw eye-to-eye on a lot of things. I was obsessed with Bob Dylan at the time, and we totally geeked-out on that. We started playing together in the early days and he would be in my band, The Violators. Then, eventually I played in The War On Drugs."[5]
Give this song a spin.

No kidding.
so stop.

I enjoy the show, faults and all.

And I just came back to the board last week, so I am still assessing which threads totally suck and which ones don't, all the while trying to figure out if new names are new people or just another Furley alias.
the WD thread is a complete mess. but the damned show provides enough legitimate and illegitimate questions for a couple of laughs and actual answers. APPLESAUCE!!!!!!

and Furley is gone. although probably worth another discussion in this thread. ask aaron. :oldunsure:
Would it help if Furley and I Skyped a beer together and said sorry?

No regrets for Coop, but he's a June birthday. He is one of the shortest guys in his class, but he's built like a tank. Not sure what we'll do with Hazel, but we're leaning on early with her. We can always hold her back if we made a mistake, but I think she's going to be fine. Hard to tell at 2.5 but I'd really like her out of the house sooner than later. :oldunsure:
My daughter's late June. There are generally only about 2-3 kids in her class who are younger than her. She's still half a head taller than all but a few of them and more mature than most.

My oldest is an October 2nd birthday. He was both bright enough and mature enough that he could have been okay starting a year earlier. He didn't and it has worked out really well. Not only was he one of the bigger kids most of the way through grade school, but he has also been relatively mature for his peer group all the way through school. He is now in 8th grade and I have not second guess the decision even once.
hey, that's my mom's birthday.

also, K4's.

:hifive:

My daughter's late June. There are generally only about 2-3 kids in her class who are younger than her. She's still half a head taller than all but a few of them and more mature than most.
She has tall parents, which helps, I'm told.

No kidding.
so stop.

I enjoy the show, faults and all.

And I just came back to the board last week, so I am still assessing which threads totally suck and which ones don't, all the while trying to figure out if new names are new people or just another Furley alias.
the WD thread is a complete mess. but the damned show provides enough legitimate and illegitimate questions for a couple of laughs and actual answers. APPLESAUCE!!!!!!

and Furley is gone. although probably worth another discussion in this thread. ask aaron. :oldunsure:
Would it help if Furley and I Skyped a beer together and said sorry?
we should really get this on the calendar

Users who are viewing this thread