What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Goodbye Rams (1 Viewer)

Fisher is a joke.   What kind of coach doesn't tell his 'uncomfortable' players to man up emotionally and step it up on the field.   You play pro sports and criticism makes you uncomfortable? You may need thicker skin,  because you can do everything right and there will still be loud critics. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Keyshawn Johnson interviewed Fisher on the radio a couple of days ago.

Fisher:  "You know, I was very fortunate, I took the year off in 11.  I was very fortunate to have some options and, you know, I decided on LA, or St. Louis at the time, knowing that there was going to be a pending move."

6:10 mark

Anybody still believe all the horse hockey that Kroenke, Demoff, Grubman, Goodell and gang was spreading?

I think the rule allowing multiple team ownership by single owners is a bad idea in general, Kroenke just shows how much damage one bad owner can do.
Just to add to this point, he also owns the EPL side Arsenal (who I happen to support) and the fans are marching against him at the FA Cup Final this weekend. He's never put any of his own money in to the team, has turned down an offer to buy his shares at a $500m profit (as it stands he makes about $10m per year from Arsenal), takes money out as dividends and has refused to invest in the squad or replace the manager. This same manager is world renowned for being frugal so its no surprise Kroenke is happy with him even though we haven't won the league since 2004.

Just to add to this point, he also owns the EPL side Arsenal (who I happen to support) and the fans are marching against him at the FA Cup Final this weekend. He's never put any of his own money in to the team, has turned down an offer to buy his shares at a $500m profit (as it stands he makes about $10m per year from Arsenal), takes money out as dividends and has refused to invest in the squad or replace the manager. This same manager is world renowned for being frugal so its no surprise Kroenke is happy with him even though we haven't won the league since 2004.
Yet again.....

I happen to be from St. Louis, and I can tell you firsthand that it's the most boring sports town in America, with San Diego ranking second.  Why do I say that?  Because the city took two major professional sports for granted (football and basketball) and drove both of them out of town.  And it's all because St. Louis wants to be a baseball town.

I happen to be from St. Louis, and I can tell you firsthand that it's the most boring sports town in America, with San Diego ranking second.  Why do I say that?  Because the city took two major professional sports for granted (football and basketball) and drove both of them out of town.  And it's all because St. Louis wants to be a baseball town.
They were also saddled with two of the worst NFL owners for their eras.

Yogibear said:
Offers evidence he is in the know because he's from St. Louis. Proceeds to talk about a basketball team that was gone before he was born. 

This is the most generic, boring and wrong hot take. 

Offers evidence he is in the know because he's from St. Louis. Proceeds to talk about a basketball team that was gone before he was born. 

Don't go too hard on Yogi.  This is the first time in 2 years he's posted about something other than how NFL players rank each other.  We should encourage this.

Right?  Nobody from St. Louis would say this ever either.

Right?  Nobody from St. Louis would say this ever either.
Right. Nobody here would say, "We don't need football or basketball. We have baseball and never want those sports." The NFL spewed that crap to convince the world that the fans here don't support the NFL but that's flat out false. 

According to a recent interview with Gene Mcnary, there was an agreement reached with Bidwell and the football Cardinals to stay in St. Louis in 1987.  However the stadium would have been built where Riverport, or whatever they are calling it now, is.  St. Louis Mayor Schoemehl didn't like this however because the businesses that owned him wanted the stadium downtown and said if was built anywhere else they would destroy his political career.  So he killed the deal.  Not only that but we probably would have gotten the San Antonio Spurs too.

God I hate these crooked politicians. :wall:  

According to a recent interview with Gene Mcnary, there was an agreement reached with Bidwell and the football Cardinals to stay in St. Louis in 1987.  However the stadium would have been built where Riverport, or whatever they are calling it now, is.  St. Louis Mayor Schoemehl didn't like this however because the businesses that owned him wanted the stadium downtown and said if was built anywhere else they would destroy his political career.  So he killed the deal.  Not only that but we probably would have gotten the San Antonio Spurs too.

God I hate these crooked politicians. :wall:  
Interesting story, and also sad.

It is but I think STL may have dodged a bullet with the Rams leaving.  I don't care what anybody says, the state of the NFL right now is not good.  I just heard there will be CTE scans during the game?  The optics on this will be, bad.
Yep every player that dies during games will be immediately tested.

Users who are viewing this thread