What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Greatest Video Game Draft 2011 (1 Viewer)

Seventh Generation (2005-Present)
By the way, I agree with you on your issue with sequels. But the issue is that developers are reluctant to take a chance on a new IP in this climate and have it fail when they can simply continue a succeeding franchise and have guaranteed sales. It sucks, but it's true. Take DiCE's newest IP for example, Mirror's Edge. A first-person platformer that some either loved or hated. It was original. I really wanted to like it. It received mixed reviews for it's controls and bland graphics (white and orange, bleh!). But at least they tried and I really wanted to love it. The concept reminded me of the days of "Conc Jumping" in Team Fortress and perhaps if I played it on PC instead of XBox, I would have liked it more. But unfortunately we got the news this past week that the sequel will be no more.I actually took sequels into account when taking my pick for 7th gen. LittleBigPlanet was my 2nd choice there and I agree it's a great fun game and probably deserved a top 3 spot. I don't dispute what got the top 3 spots, though. Those are terrific games. BioShock was obviously my first choice, so no arguments there. The story was fantastic. I hate that the movie was cancelled, but that may be for the best. I think the story would make for a great movie, but directors tend to always lose the story in game to movie translations and they turn to ####. I picked Assassin's Creed 2 because I felt Assassin's Creed was the new IP from the era that sucked me in the most. I bought the first Assassin's Creed, and although I liked the game, it was disappointing in how short and repetitive it was. It also had no replay value, thus I traded it in a week later. When Assassin's Creed 2 came out, I was still very excited, but remembered how disappointed I was in the first, so instead of buying the game, I chose to rent. I loved it this time, as they fixed everything that annoyed me about the first and added so many new gameplay mechanics that I felt if I had bought the game, I would have had plenty of replay value. Of course, this past year Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood released and I chose to rent again. Not because I was disappointed in AC2, but because I feared it may be more of an expansion of 2. It was, but it was a huge expansion that I feel is worthy of owning. The added multiplayer is a bonus. You can find my review here on the forums.Again, I agree with your distaste for sequels, but I wouldn't have felt right picking Assassin's Creed 1. Assassin's Creed 2 was the more worthy choice, plus Ezio was a more charming, memorable character than Altair. I also made the pick because I had made enough first-person shooter picks and was trying to stay away from those. I think the rankings were good and fair. It's a hard category to rank. Nice job. :goodposting:edit: I meant to mention that it seems that the only developers taking chances on original IPs and game ideas are indie games. There are a host of gems on XBox Live Arcade, Steam, and Playstation Network. While not all indie games are good games, it's a good idea to take a chance on them every now and then. Especially if you can get a chance to play the demo.

Last edited by a moderator:
By the way, I agree with you on your issue with sequels. But the issue is that developers are reluctant to take a chance on a new IP in this climate and have it fail when they can simply continue a succeeding franchise and have guaranteed sales. It sucks, but it's true. Take DiCE's newest IP for example, Mirror's Edge. A first-person platformer that some either loved or hated. It was original. I really wanted to like it. It received mixed reviews for it's controls and bland graphics (white and orange, bleh!). But at least they tried and I really wanted to love it. The concept reminded me of the days of "Conc Jumping" in Team Fortress and perhaps if I played it on PC instead of XBox, I would have liked it more. But unfortunately we got the news this past week that the sequel will be no more.

I actually took sequels into account when taking my pick for 7th gen. LittleBigPlanet was my 2nd choice there and I agree it's a great fun game and probably deserved a top 3 spot. I don't dispute what got the top 3 spots, though. Those are terrific games. BioShock was obviously my first choice, so no arguments there. The story was fantastic. I hate that the movie was cancelled, but that may be for the best. I think the story would make for a great movie, but directors tend to always lose the story in game to movie translations and they turn to ####.

I picked Assassin's Creed 2 because I felt Assassin's Creed was the new IP from the era that sucked me in the most. I bought the first Assassin's Creed, and although I liked the game, it was disappointing in how short and repetitive it was. It also had no replay value, thus I traded it in a week later. When Assassin's Creed 2 came out, I was still very excited, but remembered how disappointed I was in the first, so instead of buying the game, I chose to rent. I loved it this time, as they fixed everything that annoyed me about the first and added so many new gameplay mechanics that I felt if I had bought the game, I would have had plenty of replay value. Of course, this past year Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood released and I chose to rent again. Not because I was disappointed in AC2, but because I feared it may be more of an expansion of 2. It was, but it was a huge expansion that I feel is worthy of owning. The added multiplayer is a bonus. You can find my review here on the forums.

Again, I agree with your distaste for sequels, but I wouldn't have felt right picking Assassin's Creed 1. Assassin's Creed 2 was the more worthy choice, plus Ezio was a more charming, memorable character than Altair. I also made the pick because I had made enough first-person shooter picks and was trying to stay away from those.

I think the rankings were good and fair. It's a hard category to rank. Nice job. :thumbup:

edit: I meant to mention that it seems that the only developers taking chances on original IPs and game ideas are indie games. There are a host of gems on XBox Live Arcade, Steam, and Playstation Network. While not all indie games are good games, it's a good idea to take a chance on them every now and then. Especially if you can get a chance to play the demo.
I didn't punish AC2 too much for it being a sequel since it was such a improvement over the first, while Rock Band 3 did suffer since it really didn't do much RB1 didn't. I have no horse in this race, so I feel bad for saying this, but whoever chose RB3 and put it in the category probably didn't make the best selection. Especially in what might be the best collective generation of games ever.

Back to AC2 - While I did like it, I grew tired of the same GTA - style missions. The story was great and they should have just made that more in depth rather then put a ton of side missions just for the sake of putting in side missions.

By the way, I agree with you on your issue with sequels. But the issue is that developers are reluctant to take a chance on a new IP in this climate and have it fail when they can simply continue a succeeding franchise and have guaranteed sales. It sucks, but it's true. Take DiCE's newest IP for example, Mirror's Edge. A first-person platformer that some either loved or hated. It was original. I really wanted to like it. It received mixed reviews for it's controls and bland graphics (white and orange, bleh!). But at least they tried and I really wanted to love it. The concept reminded me of the days of "Conc Jumping" in Team Fortress and perhaps if I played it on PC instead of XBox, I would have liked it more. But unfortunately we got the news this past week that the sequel will be no more.

I actually took sequels into account when taking my pick for 7th gen. LittleBigPlanet was my 2nd choice there and I agree it's a great fun game and probably deserved a top 3 spot. I don't dispute what got the top 3 spots, though. Those are terrific games. BioShock was obviously my first choice, so no arguments there. The story was fantastic. I hate that the movie was cancelled, but that may be for the best. I think the story would make for a great movie, but directors tend to always lose the story in game to movie translations and they turn to ####.

I picked Assassin's Creed 2 because I felt Assassin's Creed was the new IP from the era that sucked me in the most. I bought the first Assassin's Creed, and although I liked the game, it was disappointing in how short and repetitive it was. It also had no replay value, thus I traded it in a week later. When Assassin's Creed 2 came out, I was still very excited, but remembered how disappointed I was in the first, so instead of buying the game, I chose to rent. I loved it this time, as they fixed everything that annoyed me about the first and added so many new gameplay mechanics that I felt if I had bought the game, I would have had plenty of replay value. Of course, this past year Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood released and I chose to rent again. Not because I was disappointed in AC2, but because I feared it may be more of an expansion of 2. It was, but it was a huge expansion that I feel is worthy of owning. The added multiplayer is a bonus. You can find my review here on the forums.

Again, I agree with your distaste for sequels, but I wouldn't have felt right picking Assassin's Creed 1. Assassin's Creed 2 was the more worthy choice, plus Ezio was a more charming, memorable character than Altair. I also made the pick because I had made enough first-person shooter picks and was trying to stay away from those.

I think the rankings were good and fair. It's a hard category to rank. Nice job. :thumbup:

edit: I meant to mention that it seems that the only developers taking chances on original IPs and game ideas are indie games. There are a host of gems on XBox Live Arcade, Steam, and Playstation Network. While not all indie games are good games, it's a good idea to take a chance on them every now and then. Especially if you can get a chance to play the demo.
I didn't punish AC2 too much for it being a sequel since it was such a improvement over the first, while Rock Band 3 did suffer since it really didn't do much RB1 didn't. I have no horse in this race, so I feel bad for saying this, but whoever chose RB3 and put it in the category probably didn't make the best selection. Especially in what might be the best collective generation of games ever.

Back to AC2 - While I did like it, I grew tired of the same GTA - style missions. The story was great and they should have just made that more in depth rather then put a ton of side missions just for the sake of putting in side missions.
Rock Band 3 wasn't taken. That was Guitar Hero 3. But if it was taken, Rock Band 3 is a huge difference than Rock Band 1. There is no Pro mode in Rock Band 1 that will teach you to actually play a real guitar or keyboard. Nor is there harmonies. Where the Guitar Hero series has taken lateral steps, the Rock Band series has indeed made moves to improve the series. But no, it wasn't taken in the draft.

very happy to get 5th place here, my son got that game for Christmas...I actually had not played it yet..when this draft started, went to give it a whirl near the end of the draft, liked it...drafted it. end of story.

OK guys, here we go.....

13th place - Guitar Hero 3 - PS3 (21.05) - Unfortunately Guitar hero 3's ranking suffers like the majority of the bottom half of my rankings due to it's sequel status. I am even new to the RB/GH series having just bought RB1 and subsequent issues in the past month. The Beatles one was actually the most fun of thew bunch simply because you got to play them from their early days till the later catalog. RB3 is the best of the series, however it offers nothing new.

12th place - Metal Gear Solid 4: Gun of the Patriots - PS3 (14.13)- Quite simply, the same can be said for all these Metal Gear games. The actually gameplay is fantastic. However there just isn't much of it, or it gets bogged down by completely boring and often times irrelevant cut scenes. MGS4 is the same. Amazing graphics, very good action, too, too much story. I value story over graphics, but not over gameplay. Certainly not when the story isn't that great to begin with.

11th place - Mario Galaxy 2 - Wii (5.10) - OK, I gotta admit, I wasn't even enthralled with the first one like some of you guys were. This one doesn't even have the charm or newness of that one. This is a judge's opinion and personal taste, I just don't like Mario in 3D. What these games are designed for are platforming. Platforming in 3D rarely works.

10th place - Borderlands - Xbox 360 (27.01) Borderlands is a very solid title. It has the cel shaded graphics style that I love. It has an endless supply of weapons and items. It has online multiplayer, and several expansions. With all that being said, something feels stale about halfway in. Solid all around, just not exceptional.

09th place - Assassin's Creed 2 - Xbox 360 (13.09) - Better then the first, more of the same. Really tired of the sequels.

08th place - God Of War III - PS3 (18.06) - God I feel like I'm going to be saying the same thing on all these sequels. Whats with all the sequels!?!>!>! Same deal, better then the previous versions, however the shine has worn off.

07th place - Resistance: Fall Of Man - PS3 (23.12) - I played this one all the way through. Honestly if it were not for being set in 1951, I would have most likely put it down. However is was and I didn't. Really liked this game and especially liked the enemy AI. Solid title. Solid, but not Gears.

06th place - S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl - PC (22.07) - Finally a (semi) original game. this game came out several years ago, but it's setting and story set this apart. I am normally the last guy who likes traversing dark areas with a flashlight, however this game handled it well. If you missed out on this gem the first go around, you missed out.

05th place - Donkey Kong Country Return - Wii (23.11) - Again its sequel status keeps this form a higher ranking. Maybe a younger judge who hasn't played a billion games would be less critical, but alas I am older and I have played a billion games. This game is fun, has graphic improvements, and even some new features, but having been there and done that before, it only gets ranked 5th on my board.

04th place - LittleBigPlanet - PS3 (7.12) YAY! A game with limitless playability. LBP is what all games should be - Fun.

03rd place - Fallout 3 - PS3 (3.09) - I may have ranked this higher if it was New Vegas, but this is still one of the best RPG's I have ever played. Fantastic story, fantastic setting. This game has everything. Everything including subways. #$%#$!$% subways. God %@#$ Subways!

02nd place - Bioshock - Xbox 360 (3.03) - The best single player/offline game I have ever played. Again, personal tastes have a lot to do with this. I simply loved the art deco art styling. I loved the sorta steam punk "modern" weapons. The story was very well told. The only drawback to this game was having to throw out my Underoos!

1 st - Gears of War - Xbox 360 (9.06) - The only game I may have logged more hours in other then this game is Tecmo Super Bowl. The best MP game ever made. In your face gameplay. Great weapons. Great sounds. Simply great. There are some issues with host advantage and online cheaters. The game is so good you ignore those issues when they pop up. The single player campaign was OK, but the online is where this game shines.

<div align='center'><!--coloro:#0000FF--><span style="color:#0000FF"><!--/coloro--><!--sizeo:5--><span style="font-size:18pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo-->Seventh Generation (2005-Present)<!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec--><!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--></div><b>11th place - Mario Galaxy 2 - Wii (5.10)</b> - OK, I gotta admit, I wasn't even enthralled with the first one like some of you guys were. This one doesn't even have the charm or newness of that one. This is a judge's opinion and personal taste, I just don't like Mario in 3D. What these games are designed for are platforming. Platforming in 3D rarely works. <b>5th place - Donkey Kong Country Return - Wii (23.11)</b> - Again its sequel status keeps this form a higher ranking. Maybe a younger judge who hasn't played a billion games would be less critical, but alas I am older and I have played a billion games. This game is fun, has graphic improvements, and even some new features, but having been there and done that before, it only gets ranked 5th on my board.
seriously, this is ridiculous...Galaxy 2 got pretty much across the board perfect ratings from review mags/sites... not that that is the be all end all of game greatness, but it says something when one game is that consistently seen as better than another and you switch them this much...also, while platforming in 3D rarely works... platforming in both Mario Galaxy games ALWAYS worked...oh and docking games for being sequels is ridiculous when none of the games were actually original ideas... plus 7/13 were sequels, which makes docking them kinda silly... I mean, are you gonna dock shooters because the same number of games are in that genre as are sequels?

Suspense/Horror Rankings

Note: With all my rankings, I look at the final list of games without regard to who has picked them for impartiality.

Survival Horror or Suspense Horror video games are truly one of my favorite genres. I have played almost every game on this list except for a few of the newer ones. Still I made sure to thoroughly review all the games with YouTube to remind me how they were since its been awhile since Ive played some. I was surprised that no one picked the one game that would have scored very well on my list: the Resident Evil remake for the GameCube. It took all the stuff I loved from the original and gave it better graphics and gameplay. It also added several new enemies that could make you crap your pants in a dimly lit hallway. Oh well. Lets see how it played out without it.

Fear Factor: How scary is the game? Did it keep you awake at night in terror or was it about as scary as a Nightmare on Elm Street? (Scale of 1-10)

Gameplay: How fun was the game to play? (Scale of 1-10)

Story: Was it an epic story or was it a little convoluted? (Scale of 1-10)

Atmosphere: Did you feel like something was about to get you by just playing the game? Were you in total fear while playing the game? (Scale of 1-10)

Innovation: Did the game introduce any revolutionary new features or did it just piggy back on the tried and true? (Scale of 1-10)

So with those criteria, here are the results.

13 Dino Crisis 2 Playstation (24.03)

Score: 4-5-4-4-3=20

The original would have been the better choice. The sequel felt thrown together and awkward. Aliens and time travel make an appearance. Were genetically engineered dinosaurs not enough? The gameplay actually felt more awkward than the first. It wasnt really that suspenseful either. More just an annoying trudge through a story I didnt really understand.

12 Left 4 Dead 2 Xbox 360 (18.12)

Score: 4-9-3-6-7=29

This is a very fun game with excellent gameplay. However, this plays more as a FPS than survival horror. Its light on the scary elements and more on the arcade feel. The complete lack of a story also brings it down a few pegs. Sure you can call get from point A to point B a story but theres not much else there. The fact that you also chose the console version over the PC version takes it down another notch. The console version is much more cumbersome with the controller than the classic keyboard and mouse interface. Again, its a very entertaining game but not a good fit for this category despite the obvious zombies.

11 Condemned 2:Bloodshot - Xbox 360 (20.01)

Score: 6-8-5-7-5=31

Its definitely gory but the sequel lacks what the first brought. The suspense is not nearly as palpable. This game is built more on action and shock value than terror and nuance.

10 Heavy Rain PS3 (17.03)

Score: 5-7-6-7-7=32

This game looks beautiful. I have not played it yet but the story seems pretty deep. The gameplay though looks limited. It utilizes action cut scenes similar to Dragons Lair or more recent video games. Its an annoying feature and it seems the entire game is setup this way. Perhaps they have a different approach to this but on the surface it looks like were in a movie and are just choosing its direction. It feels a little cheap in that respect. The additional point is from the videos Ive seen, it didnt look that scary. It plays more like a suspense movie which is great if youre into that but from the few videos Ive seen, it didnt feel like it fit into the survival horror genre as well as the other games.

9 Silent Hill: Shattered Memories Wii (24.04)

Score: 7-6-7-7-8=35

A revision of the original game, SH: Shattered Memories uses the hide and seek approach many of the newer survival horror games are taking. It contains a unique storyline that isnt always very clear but makes for a weird journey. It contains the classic multiple endings of all Silent Hill games that never truly clear anything up at the end. It does give you some jumpy moments but nothing sustained.

8 Amnesia: The Dark Descent PC (23.06)

Score: 7-6-7-7-9=36

Another game I havent fully played, Amnesia looks like a pretty decent story and has an innovative feature known as a sanity meter. Instead of fighting, this game also implements avoiding conflict and fleeing for your life. The more you hang out in the shadows, the more you lose your mind. Now that makes for some scary gameplay but I find myself wishing I had a shotgun here and there.

7 Silent Hill 2 PS2 (11.12)

Score: 6-7-8-9-7=37

This was probably the best version of the series. It focused on the clueless feeling of not knowing anything and trying to figure out whats going on in this crazy town before you lose your mind. Always depressing, Silent hill 2 gives you the standard multiple endings. You can fight back in this game despite the futility of it in some sections. Silent Hill 2 is a good addition to the survival horror genre.

6 System Shock 2 PC (5.07)

Score: 8-7-8-8-7=38

System Shock 2 was a creepy FPS for the time but is graphically dated by this point. The gameplay is the spiritual predecessor to Bioshock allowing you to upgrade with special abilities that you can use to enhance the main character. The story is simplistic but executed well. SHODAN does give you some jump out of your seat moments and her incessant derision wears on you. System Shock 3 should be incredible.

5 Alan Wake Xbox 360 (20.13)

Score: 8-8-7-8-8=39

This was a refreshing new title. A more classical survival horror game that gives a new twist on the gameplay, Alan Wake is the story of a horror novelist on his quest to discover what happened to his wife. The story is crazy but it works. The gameplay is unique and effective. It makes for some incredibly intense moments.

4 Resident Evil 4 GameCube (2.06)

Score: 7-9-8-8-8=40

Resident Evil 4 was a breath of fresh air after the series had become stagnant. Code Veronica left the series teetering on irrelevance but RE4 revived it to prominence. Taking the tried and true approach of creepy enemies, jumpy moments and gruesome situations, RE4 adds one new element that makes all the difference. Instead of the classic, still camera shot, RE4 takes into a modified 3rd person view. This allows for much more dramatic action sequences and a better feel for the environment around you. The PS2 version I felt was better even though it came out second merely because it added Ada's side mission. Overall its not as scary as the original formats but still has some terrifying elements in it.

3 Resident Evil 2 Playstation (7.05)

Score: 8-7-9-10-7=41

This was the one that perfected the genre to me. It gave you a freaky atmosphere combined with terrifying enemies and extensive gameplay for the time. Build in the fact that it has about 7 different endings and bonus modes and Resident Evil 2 is one of the greatest survival horror games of all time.

2 Dead Space Xbox 360 (15.04)

Score: 8-9-8-10-8=43

New to the genre, Dead Space stands on its own as a killer app. The environment you are sent into is horrifying. Trapped on a spaceship with some kind of mutants or aliens or both, Dead Space takes the jumpy nature of survival horror and perfects it. Zero G space fighting against monsters in total vacuum is incredible. The music, the sound effects, the visuals all create this effect that terrifies the gamer into thinking that his life is on the line every step he takes.

1 Eternal Darkness: Sanitys Requiem GameCube (17.09)

Score: 10-7-9-9-9=44

Who would have thought one of the scariest games ever was on the GameCube? Sanitys Requiem combines an intense story with gameplay that enhances the terror you feel. The sanity meter constantly measures your grip on reality in both the game and real life. You feel like youre losing yourself the further in you go. A wonderfully, underrated game found on the lowly cube.

Not sure why the size code doesn't work. It doesn't show the tag but doesn't change the size. Oh well.

Sorry it took so long. I had to actually do this at work since I have no time at home.

10 Heavy Rain – PS3 (17.03)

This game looks beautiful. I have not played it yet but the story seems pretty deep. The gameplay though looks limited. It utilizes action cut scenes similar to Dragon’s Lair or more recent video games. It’s an annoying feature and it seems the entire game is setup this way. Perhaps they have a different approach to this but on the surface it looks like we’re in a movie and are just choosing its direction. It feels a little cheap in that respect. The additional point is from the video’s I’ve seen, it didn’t look that scary. It plays more like a suspense movie which is great if you’re into that but from the few videos I’ve seen, it didn’t feel like it fit into the survival horror genre as well as the other games.
Well the category is suspense OR horror.

10 Heavy Rain – PS3 (17.03)

This game looks beautiful. I have not played it yet but the story seems pretty deep. The gameplay though looks limited. It utilizes action cut scenes similar to Dragon’s Lair or more recent video games. It’s an annoying feature and it seems the entire game is setup this way. Perhaps they have a different approach to this but on the surface it looks like we’re in a movie and are just choosing its direction. It feels a little cheap in that respect. The additional point is from the video’s I’ve seen, it didn’t look that scary. It plays more like a suspense movie which is great if you’re into that but from the few videos I’ve seen, it didn’t feel like it fit into the survival horror genre as well as the other games.
Well the category is suspense OR horror.
I know but there are hardly any "suspense" games. Its mostly survival horror games.

I didn't like Mario Galaxy either. I thought both were pretty dumb.

Mario 64, on the other hand, was incredibly fun. I don't know why the Mario games sucked butt on the Wii.

The Fatal Frame trilogy got good reviews but I've never played it. I guess no FBGs did either.
Another game I was suprised wasn't chosen. The first one scared the crap out of me several times.
True. I was also surprised Alice wasn't chosen. Looking forward to the sequel. You should really play Amnesia. It was an extremely well made game that hasn't gotten much love yet because it was made by an indie developer. As for Heavy Rain, I think the game would've scored better in the Best Story category than Horror/Suspense. I'm no judge, but that's my opinion. I think I've proven I could've made for a good judge, though. Maybe next draft. :)

Borderlands underrated IMO. One of the funnest co-op games ever.
You win some, you lose some. I knew these last few categories remaining were going to tank my team. Is this over now? Good to get some closure. It was a lot of fun.
Borderlands IS very fun, but it's only really fun when played in co-op multiplayer. It's like Left 4 Dead in the aspect that you're playing it wrong if you're playing it alone.Categories left for judging are 4th Generation and Main Character.

Mario 64, on the other hand, was incredibly fun. I don't know why the Mario games sucked butt on the Wii.
I really loved Mario 64 when it was new, but over the years, it has shown the most age of all the Mario games, IMO. Even the original Super Mario Bros looks good compared to Mario 64's polygons. I think Super Mario Galaxy plays very well with the Wii controls and I really love the gravity aspects of the game. Also, I love that they add in a little bit of pseudo-2D platforming in the game to bring back some nostalgic moments (also Super Mario Galaxy 2 includes a couple of planets that are inspired by Mario 64 worlds, which also adds to the nostalgia). Those little touches bring together old-school and new-school gamers to the Mario games. Of course, Mario 64 was just the beginning of 3D platforming, so I give them a tremendous amount of credit for bringing about a control scheme that works. The newer games should be the most polished, so it's not completely fair to give Super Mario Galaxy a ton of credit in that regard. Although the camera was still an obstacle that was tough to get around, Nintendo did their best to get around those issues in Mario 64. Unfortunately, that camera issue hasn't been solved and is an issue in nearly every 3rd-person 3D game ever made. And some developers simply just don't care to try go help with it. I'm getting off topic here.

I think the Super Mario Galaxy games are as innovative as Mario 64 was during its time. It's Super Mario Sunshine that I haven't been able to rank higher than Super Mario Bros 2. The only innovation I can think of from that game is... Well, they added spraying a liquid to remove graffiti and they used that in the new Disney's Epic Mickey with the Paint Brush and Paint Thinner. I guess that counts for something.

I know I should multi-quote these, but who cares, really...

I can't argue with MGS4's ranking. I bought it after I drafted it. I've played it for about an hour and doubt I'll ever play it again. It just isn't very fun.

I have to admit. When I drafted NBA2k11 for my sports game, I was going off of hype and what game play videos I had seen. But after buying it a couple of weeks ago, that's all I can play. I can't imagine anyone making a better pro basketball video game. I'm extremely satisfied with that draft choice. This is my new NBA Live '95. If anyone hasn't picked it up yet, I saw Best Buy has it on sale this week for $29.99. It recently had a permanent price drop to $39.99 also. Highly recommended, whether you're a basketball fan or not.

I have to admit. When I drafted NBA2k11 for my sports game, I was going off of hype and what game play videos I had seen. But after buying it a couple of weeks ago, that's all I can play. I can't imagine anyone making a better pro basketball video game. I'm extremely satisfied with that draft choice. This is my new NBA Live '95. If anyone hasn't picked it up yet, I saw Best Buy has it on sale this week for $29.99. It recently had a permanent price drop to $39.99 also. Highly recommended, whether you're a basketball fan or not.
God we played the heck out of Live 95' when I was in college. Beforehand we played Coach K but Live 95' was awesome..

God we played the heck out of Live 95' when I was in college. Beforehand we played Coach K but Live 95' was awesome..
I purchased every NBA Live game from '95 to 2000, but I always came back to '95. The PC and PS version of most of those were better than the others. Once the 2k series began, I didn't really care for the NBA Live series. NBA2k11 is the first full NBA game I've purchased since NBA2k5. I'm not kidding when I say it could be my last. I can't imagine them improving on it very much, but I welcome them to top it. Too bad 2k doesn't make the college game anymore. :hifive:

<div align='center'><!--coloro:#0000FF--><span style="color:#0000FF"><!--/coloro--><!--sizeo:5--><span style="font-size:18pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo-->Seventh Generation (2005-Present)<!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec--><!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--></div><b>11th place - Mario Galaxy 2 - Wii (5.10)</b> - OK, I gotta admit, I wasn't even enthralled with the first one like some of you guys were. This one doesn't even have the charm or newness of that one. This is a judge's opinion and personal taste, I just don't like Mario in 3D. What these games are designed for are platforming. Platforming in 3D rarely works. <b>5th place - Donkey Kong Country Return - Wii (23.11)</b> - Again its sequel status keeps this form a higher ranking. Maybe a younger judge who hasn't played a billion games would be less critical, but alas I am older and I have played a billion games. This game is fun, has graphic improvements, and even some new features, but having been there and done that before, it only gets ranked 5th on my board.
seriously, this is ridiculous...Galaxy 2 got pretty much across the board perfect ratings from review mags/sites... not that that is the be all end all of game greatness, but it says something when one game is that consistently seen as better than another and you switch them this much...also, while platforming in 3D rarely works... platforming in both Mario Galaxy games ALWAYS worked...oh and docking games for being sequels is ridiculous when none of the games were actually original ideas... plus 7/13 were sequels, which makes docking them kinda silly... I mean, are you gonna dock shooters because the same number of games are in that genre as are sequels?
You're a giant fruitcake, Larry. We both know this. Have an awesome day.

I really loved Mario 64 when it was new, but over the years, it has shown the most age of all the Mario games, IMO. Even the original Super Mario Bros looks good compared to Mario 64's polygons. I think Super Mario Galaxy plays very well with the Wii controls and I really love the gravity aspects of the game. Also, I love that they add in a little bit of pseudo-2D platforming in the game to bring back some nostalgic moments (also Super Mario Galaxy 2 includes a couple of planets that are inspired by Mario 64 worlds, which also adds to the nostalgia). Those little touches bring together old-school and new-school gamers to the Mario games. Of course, Mario 64 was just the beginning of 3D platforming, so I give them a tremendous amount of credit for bringing about a control scheme that works. The newer games should be the most polished, so it's not completely fair to give Super Mario Galaxy a ton of credit in that regard. Although the camera was still an obstacle that was tough to get around, Nintendo did their best to get around those issues in Mario 64. Unfortunately, that camera issue hasn't been solved and is an issue in nearly every 3rd-person 3D game ever made. And some developers simply just don't care to try go help with it. I'm getting off topic here.

I think the Super Mario Galaxy games are as innovative as Mario 64 was during its time. It's Super Mario Sunshine that I haven't been able to rank higher than Super Mario Bros 2. The only innovation I can think of from that game is... Well, they added spraying a liquid to remove graffiti and they used that in the new Disney's Epic Mickey with the Paint Brush and Paint Thinner. I guess that counts for something.

I know I should multi-quote these, but who cares, really...
N64 was never my favorite system. I think the wonky polygons made it worse for me. We went from 2D perfection from the SNES to the preliminary stages of 3D with the N64. Mario 64 is my least favorite Mario game of the series. I actually prefer Sunshine to 64. I feel like I'm in a generic world walking around without any aim or purpose. It ended my fascination with SMB for awhile. Obviously the limitations that the N64 had as hardware made it feel this way. Since it was a launch (or near launch) title, I think it suffered from the first out there flaw. It was good to people because it was first to do 3D on the next gen. I don't even like the zelda games on the 64 either and they are some of the best rated of the series. I can never make it through them due to the graphics and environments. I don't consider myself a graphics snob but I never liked the 64 as much as most people. Even Perfect Dark and goldeneye, which I played to death before the PS2 came out, is unplayable to me today. At the time I felt the game was fun but whenever you get punched the screen is unplayable. Now I'm just on a tangent but N64 is one of the more overrated systems due to the nostalgia most feel having played it during their childhoods.

Is this still going on? What categories are you waiting for judging on? 4th generation and main character? Let me see what kind of ranking I can come up with in a few minutes. I won't be putting any write up in it. its up to you to determine weather its official or not, but if I can help you finish it, I'll do my best.

Unofficial 4th Generation Ranking

1. Super Mario World (SNES) - 13 pts

2. Super Metroid (SNES) - 12 pts

3. Star Wars: Tie Fighter (PC) - 11 pts

4. Donkey Kong Country (SNES) - 10 pts

5. Final Fantasy IV/II (SNES) - 9 pts

6. Diablo (PC) - 8 pts - Allow me to explain the low ranking. This shouldn't have been placed in 4th generation. It was released at the end of 1996 and in my opinion fits better in the 5th generation of games. Had it been placed in a proper category, it likely would have been rated 3rd or better. It's an awesome game.

7. Gunstar Heroes (Genesis) - 7 pts

8. F-Zero (SNES) - 6 pts

9. Earthworm Jim (Genesis) - 5 pts

10. Mega Man X (SNES) - 4 pts

11. Lakers vs Celtics (Genesis) - 3 pts

12. Ultimate Mortal Kombat (Arcade) - 2 pts

13. Road Rash (Game Gear) - 1 pt

Unofficial Main Character Ranking

1 Mario - 13 pts

2 Pac-Man - 13 pts

3 Link - 12 pts

4 Duke Nukem - 12 pts

5 Lara Croft - 11 pts

6 Master Chief - 11 pts

7 Gordon Freeman - 10 pts

8 Samus Aran - 10 pts

9 Sonic the Hedgehog - 9 pts

10 Cloud Strife - 9 pts

11 Kratos - 8 pts

12 Solid Snake - 8 pts

13 Nathan Drake - 7 pts

14 Ryu - 7 pts

15 John Marston - 6 pts

16 Commander Shephard - 6 pts

17 Mega Man - 5 pts

18 Andrew Ryan - 5 pts

19 Sub Zero - 4 pts

20 Cecil Harvey - 4 pts

21 Simon Belmont - 3 pts

22 Pikachu - 3 pts

23 Ezio Auditore da Firenze - 2 pts

24 Isaac Clarke - 2 pts

25 Niko Belik - 1 pt

26 C.A.T.S. - 1 pt

I hope those help. Someone else will have to make it official.

Ok. If those ranking are indeed official, here are the final standings. 2nd place came down to 1 point difference. It was close.

1. SlaX 257

2. Madshot31 223

3. Yo Mama 222

4. bmarks6161 201

5. BlueDredSo 192

6. pollardsvision 185

7. biggamer3 184

8. AcerFC 180

9. larry_boy_44 169

10. Andy Dufresne 167

11. rikishiboy 160

12. wazoo11 159

13. Mario Kart 157

If anyone wants, I'll break down the scores by categories also in another post.

Ok. If those ranking are indeed official, here are the final standings. 2nd place came down to 1 point difference. It was close.

SlaX 257

Madshot31 223

Yo Mama 222

bmarks6161 201

BlueDredSo 192

pollardsvision 185

biggamer3 184

AcerFC 180

larry_boy_44 169

Andy Dufresne 167

rikishiboy 160

wazoo11 159

Mario Kart 157

If anyone wants, I'll break down the scores by categories also in another post.
In response to the final rankings, I think everyone did extremely well in the draft. I didn't expect to win going in. I was just hoping to have a good draft and to draft most of my favorite games with my picks. Of course, I'm happy with the rankings. With other judges, they could've gone another way. I want to thank everyone, especially Madshot again for organizing the draft and seeing this thing through (even though he's been AWOL since drafting ended). I want to thank the judges for their fair judging and putting up with our debates about rankings. I believe everyone was good sports. Thanks again!

Here are the final score breakdowns for each person by category. It's long, so I'm putting it in spoiler tag.

pollardsvision score gameArcade 1 13 Pac-Man (1.01)Arcade 2 6 Frogger (11.01)3rd Gen 6 Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse - NES (18.13)4th Gen 6 F-Zero - SNES (12.13)5th Gen 9 Medal of Honor - PS1 (17.01)6th Gen 6 The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker - GameCube (15.01)7th Gen 2 Metal Gear Solid 4: Gun of the Patriots - PS3 (14.13)FPS/3PS 11 Doom - PC (2.13)Sports 3 Pro Wrestling - NES (4.13)RTS/Strategy 6 Dune II: The Building of a Dynasty - PC (11.01)Racing 11 Need for Speed - PC (5.01) Puzzle 10 Tetris Attack - SNES (23.01)Fighter 4 Mike Tyson Punch-Out - NES (3.01)Action/Adv. 9 Uncharted 2: Among Thieves - PS3 (8.13)Platformer 9 Sonic the Hedgehog - Genesis (6.13)Hack & Slash 11 Devil May Cry 4 - PS3 (21.01)Roleplaying 3 Secret of Mana - SNES (16.13)Horror/Sus. 9 Alan Wake - Xbox 360 (20.13)Multiplayer 9 Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - XBOX 360 (19.01)Story 3 Beyond Good & Evil - PS2 (25.01)Main 1 7 Nathan Drake (9.01)Main 2 1 Niko Belik (24.13)Villain 1 5 Mike Tyson (7.01)Villain 2 2 Phoenix (27.01)Worst 11 Wayne's World - NES (26.13)Flex 9 Blades of Steel - NES (13.01)Flex 4 NCAA Football 2004 - PS2 (22.13) Final 185biggamer3 score gameArcade 1 8 Asteroids (10.12)Arcade 2 1 Crazy Taxi (14.12)3rd Gen 13 Super Mario Bros. - NES (1.02)4th Gen 4 Mega Man X - SNES (22.12)5th Gen 8 Deus Ex - PC (11.02)6th Gen 11 Grand Theft Auto III - PS2 (3.02)7th Gen 7 Resistance: Fall Of Man - PS3 (24.12)FPS/3PS 9 Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare - Xbox 360 (4.12)Sports 9 ESPN NFL 2K5 - Xbox (2.12)RTS/Strategy 9 Command & Conquer: Red Alert - PC (11.04)Racing 5 Dirt 2 - Xbox 360 (26.12)Puzzle 7 Angry Birds - Ipod (12.12)Fighter 7 Dead or Alive 2 - Dreamcast (16.12)Action/Adv. 2 Splinter Cell - Xbox (15.02)Platformer 13 Super Mario Bros. 3 - NES (1.04)Hack & Slash 9 Dead Rising - Xbox 360 (19.02)Roleplaying 4 Fable - Xbox (16.10)Horror/Sus. 2 Left 4 Dead 2 - Xbox 360 (18.12)Multiplayer 6 Gears of War 2 - Xbox 360 (17.02)Story 5 Read Dead Redemption - Xbox 360 (8.12)Main 1 12 Duke Nukem (5.02)Main 2 6 John Marston (20.12)Villain 1 1 Donkey Kong (4.10)Villain 2 4 Wario (21.02)Worst 5 Leisure Suit Larry: Box Office Bust - Xbox 360 (23.02)Flex 10 Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory - Xbox (25.02)Flex 7 Syphon Filter - PS1 (27.02) Final 184Andy Dufresne score gameArcade 1 10 Star Wars - 1983 (5.03)Arcade 2 5 Gyruss (21.03)3rd Gen 10 Tecmo Super Bowl - NES (1.03)4th Gen 11 Star Wars: Tie Fighter - PC (19.03)5th Gen 1 Dr. Mario 64 - N64 (10.11)6th Gen 3 Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time - PS3 (25.03)7th Gen 12 Bioshock - Xbox 360 (3.03)FPS/3PS 3 Return to Castle Wolfenstein - PC (15.03)Sports 8 Tiger Woods PGA Tour Golf '04 - PS2 (9.03)RTS/Strategy 3 Caesar 3 - PC (14.11)Racing 4 Super Sprint - Arcade (26.11)Puzzle 6 Braid - Xbox 360 (12.11)Fighter 1 Swashbuckler - Apple II (27.03)Action/Adv. 7 Pitfall - Atari (8.11)Platformer 6 Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island - SNES (24.11)Hack & Slash 13 Batman: Arkham Asylum - PS3 (7.03)Roleplaying 8 Knights of the Old Republic - Xbox (2.11)Horror/Sus. 4 Heavy Rain - PS3 (17.03)Multiplayer 11 Rock Band - Xbox 360 (6.11)Story 9 Mass Effect 2 - Xbox 360 (4.11)Main 1 1 C.A.T.S (16.11)Main 2 6 Commander Shepherd (23.03)Villain 1 7 Shodan (13.03)Villain 2 11 The Reapers (22.11)Worst 1 Super Columbine Massacre RPG - PC (18.11)Flex 1 Mattel Handheld Football 1 (11.03)Flex 5 Oregon Trail - Apple II (20.11) Final 167Madshot31 score gameArcade 1 7 Dig Dug (12.10)Arcade 2 2 Area 51 (21.04)3rd Gen 7 Sid Meier's Pirates! - PC (20.10)4th Gen 8 Diablo - PC (18.10)5th Gen 11 Resident Evil - PS1 (22.10)6th Gen 10 Half Life - PC (7.02)7th Gen 13 Gears of War - Xbox 360 (9.06)FPS/3PS 13 Halo: Combat Evolved - Xbox (6.12)Sports 12 NHL '94 - Genesis (2.10)RTS/Strategy 8 Warcraft II: Tides of Darkness - PC (17.04)Racing 7 Ivan "Ironman" Stewart's Super Off Road - Arcade (9.04)Puzzle 12 Portal - Xbox 360 (5.04)Fighter 8 Killer Instinct - Arcade (26.10)Action/Adv. 12 The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past - SNES (3.04)Platformer 8 Crash Bandicoot 3: Warped - PS1 (27.04)Hack & Slash 12 River City Ransom - NES (9.02)Roleplaying 6 Lost Odyssey - Xbox 360 (24.10)Horror/Sus. 12 Dead Space - Xbox 360 (15.04)Multiplayer 1 Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Turtles in Time - Arcade (10.10)Story 12 Planescape: Torment - PC (19.04)Main 1 8 Solid Snake (6.10)Main 2 5 Andrew Ryan (16.08)Villain 1 7 Albert Wesker (13.02)Villain 2 5 Frank Fontaine (23.04)Worst 2 The King of Kings: The Early Years - NES (25.04)Flex 2 The Sims - PC (8.10)Flex 13 Sonic the Hedgehog 2 - Genesis (14.10) Final 223AcerFC score gameArcade 1 9 Spy Hunter (8.09)Arcade 2 9 Centipede (15.06)3rd Gen 12 Metroid - NES (2.09)4th Gen 3 Lakers vs Celtics and the NBA Playoffs - Genesis (23.05)5th Gen 4 Cool Boarders 2 - PS1 (18.09)6th Gen 4 Onimusha - PS2 (17.06) 7th Gen 1 Guitar Hero 3 - PS3 (21.05) FPS/3PS 7 Call of Duty Black Ops - PS3 (16.09)Sports 11 Tony Hawk Pro Skater 2 - PS1 (6.09)RTS/Strategy 5 Homeworld - PC (20.09)Racing 3 Star Wars Episode 1 Racer - Arcade (19.06)Puzzle 2 Q Bert - Arcade (10.09)Fighter 11 Mortal Kombat II - SNES (3.05)Action/Adv. 10 God of War - PS2 (4.09)Platformer 3 Crash Bandicoot - PS1 (14.09)Hack & Slash 8 X Men - Arcade (11.05)Roleplaying 1 Kingdom Hearts - PS2 (17.05)Horror/Sus. 11 Resident Evil 2 - PS1 (7.05)Multiplayer 5 City of Heroes - PC (18.08)Story 8 Shadow Of Destiny - PS2 (19.05)Main 1 11 Lara Croft (5.05)Main 2 4 Sub Zero (26.09)Villain 1 9 M Bison (24.09)Villain 2 1 Carmen Sandiego (26.05)Worst 12 Custers Revenge - Atari (6.05)Flex 13 The Legend of Zelda - NES (1.05)Flex 3 Pong - Arcade (15.05) Final 180Yo Mama score gameArcade 1 13 Galaga (3.06)Arcade 2 7 Tempest (14.08)3rd Gen 8 Contra - NES (7.04)4th Gen 10 Donkey Kong Country - SNES (11.06)5th Gen 13 Vagrant Story - PS1 (24.08)6th Gen 9 Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater - PS2 (13.04)7th Gen 11 Fallout 3 - PS3 (4.08)FPS/3PS 4 Time Crisis II - Arcade (22.08)Sports 13 Madden 2004 - PS2 (5.06)RTS/Strategy 4 Civilization IV - PC (12.09)Racing 10 Pole Position - Arcade (20.08)Puzzle 3 Professor Layton and the Diabolical Box - Nintendo DS (26.08)Fighter 5 Tekken 3 - PS1 (7.06)Action/Adv. 11 Grand Theft Auto IV - PS3 (6.08)Platformer 12 Super Mario Galaxy - Wii (13.05)Hack & Slash 3 The Simpsons - Arcade (13.06)Roleplaying 11 The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion - Xbox 360 (10.08)Horror/Sus. 6 Amnesia: The Dark Descent - PC (23.06)Multiplayer 7 Total Annihilation - PC (27.06)Story 4 Bully - PS2 (25.05)Main 1 13 Mario (1.06)Main 2 11 Master Chief (21.06)Villain 1 11 GLaDOS (8.08)Villain 2 9 Dr. Wily (12.08)Worst 7 ET (2.08)Flex 6 Dance Dance Revolution - Arcade (22.09)Flex 1 Robotron 2084 - Arcade (25.06) Final 222wazoo11 score gameArcade 1 3 Rampage (16.07)Arcade 2 1 Tapper (24.07)3rd Gen 4 RBI Baseball - NES (25.07)4th Gen 2 Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3 - Arcade (21.07)5th Gen 3 Perfect Dark - N64 (11.07)6th Gen 1 Guitar Hero II - PS2 (6.07) 7th Gen 8 S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl - PC (22.07)FPS/3PS 10 Unreal Tournament - PC (7.07)Sports 4 MVP Baseball 2005 - PS2 (15.07)RTS/Strategy 12 Civilization II - PC (1.07)Racing 8 Burnout 3: Takedown - PS2 (8.07)Puzzle 1 Ico - PS2 (18.07)Fighter 10 Street Fighter II - Arcade (2.07)Action/Adv. 8 Shadow of the Colossus - PS2 (4.07)Platformer 10 Banjo-Kazooie - N64 (10.07)Hack & Slash 7 Devil May Cry - PS2 (12.07)Roleplaying 5 Disgaea: Hour of Darkness - PS2 (23.07)Horror/Sus. 8 System Shock 2 PC (5.07)Multiplayer 13 Starcraft (3.07)Story 7 Max Payne - PC (19.07)Main 1 2 Isaac Clarke (14.07)Main 2 3 Pikachu (20.07)Villain 1 4 Illusive Man (13.07) Villain 2 2 Dutch Van Der Linde (17.07)Worst 10 Superman 64 (9.07)Flex 6 Mafia: The City of Lost Heaven - PC (26.07)Flex 7 Socom II: US Navy SEALs - PS2 (27.07) Final 159bmarks6161 score gameArcade 1 12 Defender (9.08)Arcade 2 4 Golden Tee Fore! - Arcade (12.06)3rd Gen 1 Jackal - NES (21.08)4th Gen 13 Super Mario World - SNES (3.08)5th Gen 10 Black & White - PC (23.08) 6th Gen 2 Jade Empire - Xbox (17.08)7th Gen 6 God Of War III - PS3 (18.06)FPS/3PS 8 Quake - PC (6.06)Sports 7 MLB '09 The Show - PS3 (26.06)RTS/Strategy 11 Age of Empires II: Age of Kings - PC (11.08)Racing 6 Outrun - Arcade (14.06)Puzzle 5 Limbo - Xbox 360 (15.8)Fighter 3 Virtua Fighter - Arcade (10.06)Action/Adv. 5 Shenmue - Dreamcast (20.06)Platformer 1 Conker's Bad Fur Day - N64 (16.06)Hack & Slash 5 Double Dragon - Arcade (7.08)Roleplaying 10 Final Fantasy VII - PS1 (1.08)Horror/Sus. 10 Resident Evil 4 - GameCube (2.06)Multiplayer 10 Halo 3 - Xbox 360 (5.08)Story 10 The Longest Journey - PC (25.08)Main 1 8 Kratos (8.06)Main 2 7 Ryu (13.08)Villain 1 8 Bowser (4.06)Villain 2 10 Diablo (20.06)Worst 8 Shaq Fu - Genesis (24.06)Flex 11 Starcraft II: Wings of Liberty - PC (19.08)Flex 10 Bioshock 2 - Xbox 360 (27.08) Final 201SlaX score gameArcade 1 11 NBA Jam TE (4.05)Arcade 2 4 Daytona USA (14.05)3rd Gen 9 Mega Man II - NES (5.09)4th Gen 12 Super Metroid - SNES (3.09)5th Gen 12 Castlevania: Symphony of the Night - PS1 (7.09)6th Gen 13 Half-Life 2 - PC (2.05)7th Gen 5 Assassin's Creed 2 - Xbox 360 (13.09)FPS/3PS 6 Counter-Strike: Source - PC (21.09) Sports 10 NBA 2K11 - PS3 (20.05)RTS/Strategy 10 SimCity 2000 - PC (9.09)Racing 9 Forza Motorsport 3 - Xbox 360 (20.05)Puzzle 9 Peggle - PC (23.09)Fighter 13 Super Street Fighter IV - Xbox 360 (8.05)Action/Adv. 13 Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time - N64 (1.09)Platformer 4 New Super Mario Bros - Nintendo DS (18.05)Hack & Slash 10 Diablo II - PC (6.05)Roleplaying 12 Fallout 2 - PC (16.05)Horror/Sus. 13 Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem - GameCube (17.09)Multiplayer 8 Team Fortress 2 - PC (11.09)Story 13 Grim Fandango - PC (19.09)Main 1 13 Pac-Man (12.05)Main 2 2 Ezio Auditore da Firenze (26.05)Villain 1 12 Dracula (10.05)Villain 2 6 Joker (24.05)Worst 13 Plumbers Don't Wear Ties - 3DO (27.09)Flex 12 Battlefield 2 - PC (15.09)Flex 3 Pac-Man Championship Edition - Xbox 360 (25.09) Final 257larry_boy_44 score gameArcade 1 10 Donkey Kong (4.04)Arcade 2 5 Marvel vs. Capcom 2 - Arcade (8.04)3rd Gen 2 Final Fantasy - NES (20.04)4th Gen 9 Final Fantasy IV/II - SNES (6.04)5th Gen 7 Final Fantasy IX - PS1 (15.10)6th Gen 7 Final Fantasy X - PS2 (21.10)7th Gen 3 Super Mario Galaxy 2 - Wii (5.10)FPS/3PS 5 Wolfenstein 3-D - PC (10.04)Sports 5 Pro Evolution Soccer/Winning Eleven '11 - PS3 (13.10)RTS/Strategy 7 Final Fantasy Tactics - PS1 (16.04)Racing 2 Excite Bike (9.10)Puzzle 11 Bejeweled 2 - PC (7.10)Fighter 6 Super Smash Bros. Brawl - Wii (11.10)Action/Adv. 3 Myst - PC (14.04)Platformer 11 Super Mario 64 - N64 (3.10)Hack & Slash 1 Knights of the Round - NES (23.10)Roleplaying 9 Chrono Trigger - SNES (1.10)Horror/Sus. 5 Silent Hill: Shattered Memories - Wii (24.04)Multiplayer 2 Ultima Online - PC (19.10)Story 11 Final Fantasy VI/III - SNES (2.04)Main 1 4 Cecil Harvey (17.10)Main 2 9 Cloud Strife (18.04)Villain 1 12 Kefka (12.04)Villain 2 3 Magus (25.10)Worst 4 Big Rigs: Over the Road Racing - PC (22.04)Flex 11 Chrono Cross - PS1 (26.04)Flex 5 New Super Mario Bros. - Wii (27.10) Final 169rikishiboy score gameArcade 1 11 Ms. Pac-Man (3.11)Arcade 2 6 Joust (4.03)3rd Gen 5 Duck Hunt - NES (21.11)4th Gen 1 Road Rash - Game Gear (17.11)5th Gen 5 Panzer Dragoon II - PC (11.11)6th Gen 8 Grand Theft Auto: Vice City - PS2 (27.11)7th Gen 9 Donkey Kong Country Return - Wii (23.11)FPS/3PS 1 Tomb Raider 2 - PS1 (15.11)Sports 6 Double Dribble - Arcade (7.11)RTS/Strategy 1 Chessmaster 2000 - Apple II (25.11)Racing 13 Gran Turismo IV - PS2 (2.03)Puzzle 8 Minesweeper - PC (8.03)Fighter 9 King Of Fighters '95 - Arcade (19.03)Action/Adv. 4 Ninja Gaiden - Xbox (13.11)Platformer 5 Bionic Commando - NES (16.03)Hack & Slash 4 Golden Axe - Arcade (10.03)Roleplaying 7 Dragon Warrior/Quest III - NES (14.03)Horror/Sus. 1 Dino Crisis 2 - PS1 (24.03)Multiplayer 3 Monster Hunter Freedom 2 - PSP (12.03) Story 6 Metal Gear Solid - PS1 (1.11)Main 1 9 Sonic the Hedgehog (6.03)Main 2 2 Simon Belmont (19.11)Villain 1 13 Mother Brain (9.11)Villain 2 10 Psycho Mantis (20.03)Worst 3 Catfight: The Ultimate Female Fighting Game - PC (22.03)Flex 8 1943 The Battle of Midway - Arcade (5.11)Flex 2 Beatmania - Arcade (26.03) Final 160Mario Kart score gameArcade 1 8 Dragon's Lair (5.12)Arcade 2 2 Smash TV - Arcade (16.02)3rd Gen 11 Phantasy Star - Sega MS (8.02)4th Gen 7 Gunstar Heroes - Genesis (12.02)5th Gen 2 Crash Team Racing - PS1 (24.02)6th Gen 12 Metroid Prime - GameCube (19.12)7th Gen 10 LittleBigPlanet - PS3 (7.12)FPS/3PS 2 Terminator 2: Judgement Day - Arcade (15.12)Sports 2 Baseball Stars - NES (9.12)RTS/Strategy 2 Bomberman - NES (13.12)Racing 1 R. C. Pro-Am - NES (14.02)Puzzle 4 Lode Runner - XBox 360 (23.12)Fighter 2 Super Smash Brothers: Melee - Gamecube (10.02)Action/Adv. 1 Lego Star Wars: The Complete Saga - Wii (20.02)Platformer 7 Kid Icarus - NES (18.02)Hack & Slash 6 Gauntlet (6.02)Roleplaying 2 Ultima III: Exodus - NES (17.12)Horror/Sus. 7 Silent Hill 2 - PS2 (11.12)Multiplayer 4 EverQuest - PC (26.02)Story 1 Toejam and Earl - Genesis (21.12)Main 1 12 Link (1.12)Main 2 10 Samus Aran (2.02)Villain 1 8 Sephiroth (3.12)Villain 2 13 Ganondorf Dragmire (4.02)Worst 9 Ethnic Cleansing - PC (25.12)Flex 8 Zelda II: The Adventure's of Link - NES (22.02)Flex 4 Bubble Bobble - NES (27.12) Final 157BlueDredSo score gameArcade 1 12 Space Invaders (3.13)Arcade 2 3 Arkanoid (21.13)3rd Gen 3 Duck Tales - NES (19.13)4th Gen 5 Earthworm Jim - Genesis (15.13)5th Gen 6 The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask - N64 (25.13)6th Gen 5 Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas - PS2 (16.01)7th Gen 4 Borderlands - Xbox 360 (26.01)FPS/3PS 12 Goldeneye 007 - N64 (2.01)Sports 1 Wii Sports - Wii (13.13)RTS/Strategy 13 X-Com - PC (11.13)Racing 12 Super Mario Kart - SNES (5.13)Puzzle 13 Tetris - Game Boy (1.13)Fighter 12 SoulCalibur - Dreamcast (4.01)Action/Adv. 6 Tomb Raider - PS1 (7.13)Platformer 2 Super Mario Bros. 2 - NES (17.13)Hack & Slash 2 Battletoads - NES (18.01)Roleplaying 13 Baldur's Gate II: Shadows of Amn - PC (12.01)Horror/Sus. 3 Condemned 2: Bloodshot - Xbox 360 (20.01)Multiplayer 12 World of Warcraft - PC (6.01)Story 2 The Legend of Dragoon - PS1 (22.01)Main 1 10 Gordon Freeman (8.01)Main 2 5 Mega Man (10.01)Villain 1 6 Dr. Robotnik (14.01)Villain 2 3 Pac-man Ghosts: Blinky, Pinky, Inky & Clyde (24.01)Worst 6 Charlie's Angels - GameCube (23.13)Flex 12 Pokemon: Special Yellow Edition - Game Boy (9.13)Flex 9 Star Fox - SNES (27.13) Final 192
I notice the new code tag places random colors for the text that I didn't place. That's weird. Still looks better than without the code tag, though.

Only thing I noticed, Slax, was that you short changed yourself with the worst game. I gave plumbers the #1 spot.

Users who are viewing this thread