What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Greg Cosell "On the Couch" on the The Audible - Please Listen (1 Viewer)

Sigmund Bloom

Footballguy
Staff member
It was my great pleasure and honor to have Greg Cosell on our show this week. Cosell was one of the creators of the paradigm of "smart" coverage of football with his revolutionary show "MNF Matchup" in 1984 - the first show to look at Xs and Os. Network exec types thought there would be no audience for it. The massive football media and fantasy football industrial complex begs to differ.

I am not exaggerating when I say Cosell is probably the best football mind in the media, and he's among the best in the football world period. Any of his answers are educational beyond the specific answer to the question and his grasp of the innerconnectedness of the game is enlightening.

If you can spare an hour, I promise you this show will be worth it.

In This Episode: Sigmund Bloom, Matt Waldman, and Greg Cosell (NFL Films) discuss the NFL. Topics Include - the decline of the importance of the running back in the NFL, the limited sample size of read option quarterbacks, how Tom Brady will adjust to the loss of Aaron Hernandez, whats next for Sam Bradford, Jay Cutler, and Andy Dalton, differing opinions on LeVeon Bell, plus more!

Cosell is the best at what he does. Always enjoying listening to him break down Eagles tape. Will definitely give this a listen.

Last edited by a moderator:
Loved listening to his "wait and see" take on Chip Kelly's Eagles. I still want a piece of this offense, but Cosell's healthy skepticism has tempered my enthusiasm (in a good way).

Stupid question.....is On the Couch also broadcast live like The Audible? If so, where and what time? Is it on BlogTalk Radio?

Thanks Bloom! I have been downloading the podcast since you started On the Couch.....if the show was live I was going to start listening live!!! I will grab the podcast!

great stuff as always Bloom. Very good and knowledgable guest. The hour went by much too fast....

one of your best yet, really enjoyed cosell, what a pro a gentleman and the dude knows his stuff.

Please have him on again, maybe you can get him every few months.

Excellent job guys, and I really enjoy the heck out of this podcast.

one of your best yet, really enjoyed cosell, what a pro a gentleman and the dude knows his stuff.

+1. Never get tired of hearing his thoughts and insight.

I don't know if I am just getting the fantasy bug as the draft season approaches, but the last 2 weeks of OTC has been outstanding, nice work.

He's on the fantasyguru podcast all the time. Always a great listen

Great show. I enjoyed hearing his comments about Carson Palmer. I have always thought he is a very good QB as well. I can remember (wrongly) valuing him more than Tom Brady and preferring to keep Palmer and traded Brady. This was pre Moss Brady and pre injury Palmer. I have heard many criticize him before and since. Nice to hear Cosell's view on him.

Sig - this year's couch sessions are unsurpassed. Great guests, great questions, minimal goofiness (which is fine but not when it riffs for 10 minutes+). Gotta tell you, I have been around here since the old yeller and you have made a big leap this year in the show. Congrats - you and the gang deserve giants congrats and a thank you from us.

I agree and I think he's the best football mind in the world. I wonder if any teams have offered him a GM job yet?

Whitney26 the archivist extraordinaire! Thanks again for all the data and links you have assembled. That was a great resource for gathering information on rookies this offseason.

Users who are viewing this thread