What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Greg Zuerlein (1 Viewer)

The Rams are moving the ball pretty well, they just peter out in the redzone, which is perfect for Zuerlein. Fisher also said he wants Zuerlein to attemp a 70 yards sometime this year. Anytime the Rams get near the 50, they are in FG range.

I still can't bring myself to start a Rams kicker, even with yardage bonuses (0-39=3, 40-49=4, 50+=5). What I really want from my kicker is to avoid the 0 and 1 point days. I'm sticking with Justin Tucker and the Baltimore offense.
Zuerlein has scored double digits pts every week so far (in leagues with yardage bonuses like you listed).
Unfortunately I can't make use of those points by picking him up now. I have to play for the upcoming weeks, and his offense still makes me nervous.
You can't fix stupid.

This guys a stud hell retire on my roster! #1 kicker overall. No doubt about for me. He outscores at least one of my rbs every week. I know yall dont care about my team but im startin foster trich alf or spiller. That my friend is insane production. Some of my first ww pickups were alf greg the leg and olsen thank u guys for these type of threads cant beat the shark pool!

'Raider Nation said:
I still can't bring myself to start a Rams kicker, even with yardage bonuses (0-39=3, 40-49=4, 50+=5). What I really want from my kicker is to avoid the 0 and 1 point days. I'm sticking with Justin Tucker and the Baltimore offense.
Zuerlein has scored double digits pts every week so far (in leagues with yardage bonuses like you listed).
Unfortunately I can't make use of those points by picking him up now. I have to play for the upcoming weeks, and his offense still makes me nervous.
You can't fix stupid.
Is that directed at me? That's rather uncalled for.I personally think Justin Tucker will probably outscore Greg the Leg between now and Week 16. My confidence in this? Just a hair over 50/50. Certainly there's room for discussion without calling each other stupid.Now, if I were stuck post-draft with Dan Bailey and an underperforming Dallas offense, then yes, I'd be excited for Zuerlein too.

I personally think Justin Tucker will probably outscore Greg the Leg between now and Week 16. My confidence in this? Just a hair over 50/50.
To each their own, but it feels awesome when you hear the announcer say "Bradford is sacked, taking them out of field goal range..." only to see Fisher trot Leg out there to boot a 55+ yder soon thereafter. Scoring wise he's basically your average kicker, but with TD vulturing capabilities (5pts for 50+ fgs)...

Grabbed him after week 1, think I have to start him over Henery now. (we're req to carry 1 backup of each positoin on deep benches)

Last edited by a moderator:
In one online auction, I was laughed at in the chat for "wasting" a dollar on the Rams kicker. Guess who's laughing now? :thumbup: :thumbup:

P.S. I just wish I could remember which owner said that so I could chide him now.

I personally think Justin Tucker will probably outscore Greg the Leg between now and Week 16. My confidence in this? Just a hair over 50/50.
To each their own, but it feels awesome when you hear the announcer say "Bradford is sacked, taking them out of field goal range..." only to see Fisher trot Leg out there to boot a 55+ yder soon thereafter. Scoring wise he's basically your average kicker, but with TD vulturing capabilities (5pts for 50+ fgs)...
That's awesome.

I understand where you're coming from. I drafted this kid and have enjoyed his production in every week. Every week but this past one. Someone in my league dumped New England's kicker. I figured Gostkowski had to be an upgrade, right? :topcat: I'm burning my ww claim to pick him back up and rolling with him through the season. The Rams' defense has been solid and Bradford should be able to dink and dunk his way to the 50 often enough. The fact his offense sucks is a good thing. It means more drives are likely to stall and with that leg it means more opportunities for big kicks. In distance leagues he's everything you could want. He's likely to have a lousy week or two but so is every kicker (your boy Tucker had a whopping 3 points this week). Zuerlein's upside is a 20 point week. From a kicker. To hell with the 'expert' rankings. No respect for this kid. He needs more love.

The Rams are moving the ball pretty well, they just peter out in the redzone, which is perfect for Zuerlein. Fisher also said he wants Zuerlein to attemp a 70 yards sometime this year. Anytime the Rams get near the 50, they are in FG range.
Love this freaking guy. :lmao:

I was shocked at first to see them invest such a high draft pick on him. I then read a little more and was pleased at the gamble. Things are looking even better now.
Guys like you try acting likr know Kickers are kickers, but theres plenty more upside with kickers that are on teams that can actually get into field goal range. NOTHING this preseason suggests the Rams will be able to do that consistantly. Guys like you always coming in telling how things are done. Yaaaaa Riiiiggghhhtt!!!!Id rather roll the dice on someone else personially
Well you go ahead and let me know how that worked out.

Definitely on my radar. He kicked a 53 and a 55-yarder with ease last night. The Rams offense is nothing to write home about, but a dome kicker with that kind of leg certainly has my full attention.
You were all over this one early.
:blush: While other people are outside on summer evenings having fun, I barricade myself indoors to watch preseason football.

Sometimes it pays off.

I have to give props to tim and pat's camp tour on sirius nfl -- when they visited the rams there was some talk about this guy booming 60 yd fg's.

I have to give props to tim and pat's camp tour on sirius nfl -- when they visited the rams there was some talk about this guy booming 60 yd fg's.
I'm proposing our league make 60 yarders 8 pts next year. Seems like a handful are being made a year. Kind of like when 50 yarders starting to get attempted more in the late 80s.

I understand where you're coming from. I drafted this kid and have enjoyed his production in every week. Every week but this past one. Someone in my league dumped New England's kicker. I figured Gostkowski had to be an upgrade, right? :topcat: I'm burning my ww claim to pick him back up and rolling with him through the season. The Rams' defense has been solid and Bradford should be able to dink and dunk his way to the 50 often enough. The fact his offense sucks is a good thing. It means more drives are likely to stall and with that leg it means more opportunities for big kicks. In distance leagues he's everything you could want. He's likely to have a lousy week or two but so is every kicker (your boy Tucker had a whopping 3 points this week). Zuerlein's upside is a 20 point week. From a kicker. To hell with the 'expert' rankings. No respect for this kid. He needs more love.
Not that it's much better (and I can't believe I'm not dropping this), but Tucker scored 6 points, not 3, in my league this week (4 points for a 40 yarder and 2 PATs). I figure that's about his floor.I guess ultimately I just can't believe that Fisher is going to continue to routinely let Zuerlein attempt from 58 and 60 yards. Will he continue to let him do it after he eventually misses one? A miss gives your opponent the ball on the 50 yard line. In fact, I can't help but wonder if Zuerlein's 60 yarder is the first 60+ yarder to not come at the end of a half.

Curious, what value does a kicker who has outscored Fitzgerald, ADP, Welker, Gore...(top 60 overall) hold? What if your league allows pk as a flex position? Does the fact that he is a rookie matter?

Fisher made a household name out of Rob "my" Bironas, and now he has this kid, in a dome.

He hasn't missed yet. The more Fisher leans on him, the more confident he will be.

The Rams seem to be a perfect storm of an offense for a kicker to flourish. No explosive, dynamic playmakers; just the ability to move the chains, then sputter. Red Zone killer instinct is nil.

GZ is their best weapon.

Not that it's much better (and I can't believe I'm not dropping this), but Tucker scored 6 points, not 3, in my league this week (4 points for a 40 yarder and 2 PATs). I figure that's about his floor.I guess ultimately I just can't believe that Fisher is going to continue to routinely let Zuerlein attempt from 58 and 60 yards. Will he continue to let him do it after he eventually misses one? A miss gives your opponent the ball on the 50 yard line. In fact, I can't help but wonder if Zuerlein's 60 yarder is the first 60+ yarder to not come at the end of a half.
Tucker scored 3 points in leagues that give negative points for missed FGs. Tucker missed a 47 yarder which is -2 in some leagues for 40+ FGs. I think the only thing that will keep Fisher from using Zuerlein from kicking 58 or 60 yarders is inclement weather such as strong wind, but from now up through week 16 all but 4 games are in a dome. If you play in week 17 that is @ Seattle.

Changed my logo on my FF league site to a pic of this cat. Suggest you do the same.

Meet you guys in this thread on Thursday night? :popcorn:

So you guys are obviously high on this dude. But what's a fair projection? Finishes as a top 5 kicker? I have Hanson (who's currently #1 kicker in my league), but Hanson's on a bye, and I really can't afford to carry two kickers this week. Considering making a move for Legatron, even if that means dropping Hanson.

I'm going to try and drop Bailey for him (blind bidding my league). I have zero belief in the Rams' offense but this kid looks to be the real deal and I'm tired of waiting for Dallas' offense to get going. I'm a believer. I think he has Top 10 upside for sure and maybe Top 5 given his leg strength.

So you guys are obviously high on this dude. But what's a fair projection? Finishes as a top 5 kicker? I have Hanson (who's currently #1 kicker in my league), but Hanson's on a bye, and I really can't afford to carry two kickers this week. Considering making a move for Legatron, even if that means dropping Hanson.
I think having a good offense is overrated when it comes to looking at kickers. Leg is currently the #1 kicker in my league, tied with Hanson. #3-6 are all on teams with good offenses, but the guys after that are Walsh, Barth, Akers, Dawson... hardly any of these guys are on prolific offenses. He's doing this with the Rams currently 27th in the league in yards/game, and 31st in red zone TD%. The important factor is that Fisher does not hesitate to send the rook out for these long FG tries. His 60 yder wasn't like some end of the half prayer. 13 min left in the 3rd quarter up 6pts at the seattle 42yd line and Fisher didn't even have to think it over. To me that says a lot about their confidence in his abilities.

I guess ultimately I just can't believe that Fisher is going to continue to routinely let Zuerlein attempt from 58 and 60 yards. Will he continue to let him do it after he eventually misses one? A miss gives your opponent the ball on the 50 yard line. In fact, I can't help but wonder if Zuerlein's 60 yarder is the first 60+ yarder to not come at the end of a half.
I agree with your thinking here, but have to wonder...how much confidence must Fischer have in this kid to let him make these attempts this early in his career....in a close game versus a divisional rival no less.It's going to take more than one poor showing to start to erode that level of confidence.It's turning into a bit of the perfect storm for Zuerlein here. Plays in a dome, strong defense, offense that lacks playmakers and hence struggles in the RZ, big leg....kid is quite the weapon at this point.

As long as the 'D' can step up and keep them in the game, then all these guys have to do is get to the 40 yard line.

blind bidding $5 for this guy. might be too low.
What's your FAAB budget?
Mine is 100 but I only have 18 bucks left - I am still thinking 6 is appropriate.
Mine is $50 and I currently have a $3 bid in for him. Kickers almost always go for $1 in our league, sometimes $2. I'm not sure one has ever gone for $3 but this kid is generating so much hype I'm willing to do it to try and get him.

For the FAAB folk low on funds ... look at Blair Walsh as an alternative.

Leg may not be as long as GZ's, but his sitch is almost identical to Legateon's ... has booted a few from 50+ this year as well.

Decent consolation prize for those who can't swing GZ.

LOL these are the type of picks that make Fantasy Football fun. The one guy who has Akers in my league always gets super excited when Frisco gets in the redzone. Can't wait to start my own party when the RAMS get near the 50.

The one guy who has Akers in my league always gets super excited when Frisco gets in the redzone.
:lmao: I had Akers last year and I felt the exact same way. That was like free money. I knew the Niners would find a way to muck it up and give Akers another FG attempt.

Just a word of caution having followed him throughout his college career and up until now. He has a cannon for a leg but had to apply for medical hardship twice because the human leg was not meant to contain so much power. I told everyone that would listen the kid had a stronger and more accurate leg than Janikowski - but (and I can't believe I am saying this about a kicker) he has injury risk.

Just a word of caution having followed him throughout his college career and up until now. He has a cannon for a leg but had to apply for medical hardship twice because the human leg was not meant to contain so much power. I told everyone thta would listen the kid had a stronger and more accurate leg than Janikowski - but (and i can't believe I am saying this about a kicker) he has injury risk.
dude, if his leg flies off I'll just pick up another kicker.

Users who are viewing this thread