What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Have the Super Bowl officials been announced? (1 Viewer)

thejag

Footballguy
Judging by the first 6 games, the only reasonable choice would be Mike Carey and his crew. He simply commanded that TB-Wash game when it could have easily gotten out of hand. His crew seemed to make the proper calls without going overboard. Along the same lines, do we know who the officials are in today's games? No Hochuli so far in the post-season...

Usually it's NOT one of the guys that does the AFC or NFC Championship Games.Other than that, it's too soon to tell.Mike Carey and Ed Hochuli are among the best.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and predict that the Ind-Pit crew won't be working any more postseason games for a while. They're on their way back for remedial work at the Phil Luckett School of Officiating.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and predict that the Ind-Pit crew won't be working any more postseason games for a while. They're on their way back for remedial work at the Phil Luckett School of Officiating.
How about no flag on the offsides. Luckett, "theres no flag, noone touched anyone"

Still no Hochuli after 8 games. Also, no crew repeating so I assume that is normal.The NFL needs to take a long, hard look at the playoff officiating in the offseason. Maybe it's the spectre of replay hanging over them, but more and more it seems like officials make a 'safe' call rather than try and make a correct one, with the thought that replay will correct them if they are wrong. It's odd, because with all the football I watched this season, it seemed like the refs were, on balance, having a pretty good, consistent season. The only thing consistent in the offseason has been how consistently bad almost every crew has been, Mike Carey's excepted (I am still impressed with that NFL Films tape). Too many "deer in headlights" moments for entire crews.

Users who are viewing this thread