What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

HOU @ DEN thread (1 Viewer)

Is it me or does Plummer take an incredibly deep drop into the pocket. I can't remember if this is typical for Shanahan offenses or it's Jake.
joffer, it is Plummer's preference and not part of the offense. The local announcers, Meyers & James, pointed this out.Capers said to expect each team to keep it very vanilla, as they play one another this year. Thus, do not get too excited about any of the offensive numbers, as neither team appears to be doing anything dramatic on the defensive side of the ball. A note to the Hollings' Honks: Davis is without a doubt the guy that is going to be carrying the load. Yes, Hollings had a nice TD run but Davis has looked like a bull tonight. Davis threw up around 60 yards in the first quarter and Denver had a hell of a time tackling him. Plus, Hollings' little problem with holding onto the football was brought up again this week. Do not expect him to see the initial type of field time orignially desired by Palmer. Capers likes fumbles about as much as Coughlin. I am not a Davis owner or Texans fan. Just happen to be in an area with the game and thought I would join the discussion. Rod Smith has shown D. Robinson a thing or two about playing corner in the NFL. Conversely, Robinson has kept at it; shown some pop and made a few plays.Watts looks very good. Lelei is looking more and more like a project...(bust). It appears WR playing the slot this year are going to benefit greatly from the new rules.

Mike Anderson TD on slant out of backfield. Easy play.19-14 DEN, going for 2 - INC

Last edited by a moderator:
When will you Q haters finally wake up!!! :rolleyes: OVer 4 yds a carry again and 75 total yds in first half :wall: :wall: Damn I wish I was in Pony BOy's league. He probably has Tatum as his #2 RB :rotflmao:

It just started raining again like cats and dogs and Bell just dropped an easy one that would have gone for a big gain....3rd Q over...

When will you Q haters finally wake up!!! :rolleyes: OVer 4 yds a carry again and 75 total yds in first half :wall: :wall: Damn I wish I was in Pony BOy's league. He probably has Tatum as his #2 RB :rotflmao:
Believe me, I wish you were in one of my leagues too. Preferrably a $$ league.

Believe me, I wish you were in one of my leagues too. Preferrably a $$ league.
Bell dropped pass, Bell 2 yds gain, Bell 2 yd gain. Damn Pony I'm impressed :rotflmao: Trust me your glad your not in my league, son :boxing:

Well, Bell does one thing Griffin does not - he attacks tacklers with authority. He gains an extra 2 yds after impact. Strong.

These threads are to help people who might have drafts coming up on Sat/Sun.Take your personal pissing matches elsewhere or start another thread if you want, but keep this thread on point please.

Trust me your glad your not in my league, son :boxing:
Actually, I am glad I'm not in your league. I don't want a demotion to the bus leagues. :11: leagues, that is.

It's a long season in the NFL. I bet before the season over Bell will make some noise in Denver. I think what Pony Boy is trying to say you have to wait until the rubber hits the road, this is pre-season, Bell will have his shot to shine, either by injury to Q or defenses just wearing down Q. To be honest I think the best RB in Denver is Anderson, but he's not the guy Mike S. wants to start.

1) Shanny's just pimping Anderson around the field looking for a buyer.2) Bell looks safe enough to back up QGriff. 3) They know what they have in Hearst's geriatric frame... an emergency backup. So they don't really need to play him.

If Griffin is the best RB on the Denver roster, they're in trouble.That being said, he could offer some fantasy value if he catches enough passes.

You'd think though that if Shanny was seriously considering Bell to start the season he would have played him in the first half. Not saying he can't/won't start at some point, but what I've seen tonight leads me to believe he's pretty happy with Q. Time will tell I guess.

You'd think though that if Shanny was seriously considering Bell to start the season he would have played him in the first half. Not saying he can't/won't start at some point, but what I've seen tonight leads me to believe he's pretty happy with Q. Time will tell I guess.
I don't think anyone feels Bell is going to start any time soon. Most people that don't feel Griffin is the answer feel he will lose his job mid year or so. No way is Bell ready to play with the starters, heck he just started practicing. IMHO, Griffin is a lock to start for at least the first 4 or 5 weeks.

missed opportunity for Bell...may get 1 more shot tonight.how is he looking? ("watching" via nfl.com)1-9-HOU 9 (7:20) T.Bell up the middle to HST 4 for 5 yards (J.Slechta).2-4-HOU 4 (6:46) T.Bell up the middle to HST 5 for -1 yards (T.Evans).3-5-HOU 5 (6:11) D.Kanell pass incomplete to T.Bell (C.Burns).4-5-HOU 5 (6:07) J.Elam 23 yard field goal is GOOD, Center-M.Leach, Holder-M.Knorr.

Just got back from the game. I recently moved somewhat close to Mile Hi and decided to forgo the bars tonight in favor of some FF scouting. $20 for a decent seat (recent rains scared a lot of fans away) and $20 in *liquid entertainment* and it's about a wash. Left late 3rd as the rain started (otherwise it was dry and the field looked great). Some random notes:HOU:1. If healthy, D. Davis is going to finish in the top 10 rbs this season, and I'd bet closer to 5 than 10. (reminds me of McCallister's situation a couple of years ago).2. HOU's O line was pushing DEN's D line around early on. Thier run game looks good right now.3. A Johson didn't play and Bradford seemed to be Carr's next favorite target.4. Carr looked poised considering it was a road game and moved the team well.5. While he didn't look as good as DD, Hollings 1st quarter td run was beautiful. The denver D didn't help much, but TH made that happen. I'd grab him late, ESPECIALLY if you get DDDEN1. Lelie is vanishing. Bronco's ran A TON of 1 wr / 2 te sets, so he was barely on the field in the 1st half. And i lost count of the # of times the RB (single set) went in motion wide (empty backfield).1a. Watts continues to make plays when given the opportunity. I can easily see him passing Lelie, and maybe even R Smith in catches and/or yards this year. Nice upside considering ADP 1c. Smith is still clutch, catching most balls, but he's just not getting open - at least where he can make a bigger play. Mostly underneath routes. 2. Even with the extra blocker(s) via the 1 wr sets, Q still looks average at best IMO. Not many negative runs, but he's having trouble getting past 2/3 yds. Not breaking tackles or finding holes / creases that Anderson is finding (vs. 2nd teamers) Did score his first TD though.3. Putzier is getting a lot of attention @ TE/HB & making the most of it. I don't think Chamberlin caught a pass.4. Interesting that M Anderson got the #2 RB duty. Not sure if there's anything more to read into that.5. Not like shanny, but this stinks of RBBC to me. Or, at least a VERY short leash on Q if he's goin to be getting 20-25 carries a game.6. Jake still looks average. Some nice throws, followed by forcing balls where they don't belong. He may get a couple more pass tds this year (over last), but not many.

Does Domanick DAvis' performance last night elevate him on your projections to where he is a solid late first rounder in a 12 team redraft?My rankings1 Holmes2 LT3 Deuce4 Alexnader5 Green6 Portis7 Edge8 Moss9 Barlow10 Taylor 11 Lewis12 Davis?

Does Domanick DAvis' performance last night elevate him on your projections to where he is a solid late first rounder in a 12 team redraft?My rankings1 Holmes2 LT3 Deuce4 Alexnader5 Green6 Portis7 Edge8 Moss9 Barlow10 Taylor 11 Lewis12 Davis?
Based upon what I saw last night, I'd take Davis before Barlow in a heartbeat.

Based upon what I saw last night, I'd take Davis before Barlow in a heartbeat.
Would you take him in front of Lewis or Taylor? I see DD as big risk, big reward. Lewis and Taylor have risk of missing game time for legal and/or injury concerns.DD has his durability issues and the word from Capers is that both he and Hollings will see action at what most posters say is a 60/40 split. Can anyone foresee Davis' carries increasing to the 300 area?

Would you take him in front of Lewis or Taylor? I see DD as big risk, big reward. Lewis and Taylor have risk of missing game time for legal and/or injury concerns.DD has his durability issues and the word from Capers that both he and Hollings will see action at what most posters say is a 60/40 split. Can anyone foresee Davis' carries increasing ti the 300 area?
First off, I wouldn't have Lewis so low. I think he belongs in the mix with Portis & Edge. I'd put them Edge, Lewis, Portis (really worried about the WAS O-line).I'd include Davis right there with Taylor, and I'd move Barlow down the list. If Davis runs with the ability he showed last night, he'll get the lion's share of the carries. Certainly enough to outperform Barlow on what looks to be a pretty poor SF O.JMO.

Users who are viewing this thread