What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Housh - is he top 10 rest of the year? (1 Viewer)

I don't disagree but the 250 forward for PPR has him in that range. Just making sure I'm not missing something.

He's #10 right now and the offense has been terrible. Granted, no bye yet. He's top 5 in targets among WRs.

I can't see how he's any lower than #15 going forward, and if Palmer can somehow get healthy and right...top 5 potential.

Steel Town said:
Is Palmer coming back this year?
doesnt look goodThe Dayton Daily News' Chick Ludwig expects Carson Palmer to be placed on Injured Reserve soon.Ludwig joins Bengals.com's Geoff Hobson in speculating that Palmer's season is over. The Cincinnati Enquirer in saying only that Palmer will miss the next two weeks. Coach Marvin Lewis denied that the signing of Jeff Rowe had anything to do with Palmer's injured elbow.

Steel Town said:
Is Palmer coming back this year?
doesnt look goodThe Dayton Daily News' Chick Ludwig expects Carson Palmer to be placed on Injured Reserve soon.Ludwig joins Bengals.com's Geoff Hobson in speculating that Palmer's season is over. The Cincinnati Enquirer in saying only that Palmer will miss the next two weeks. Coach Marvin Lewis denied that the signing of Jeff Rowe had anything to do with Palmer's injured elbow.
Good stuff. I really, really hope that somehow they decide to be super-precautionary and sit him for 3-4 more weeks, but then he comes back. That would be ideal for the value of everyone around him, not to mention would introduce Palmer as a waiver wire QB for many people.

To add my thoughts on Housh - without Palmer, I think he's relatively "unstartable" in my non-PPR league. Since I have him along with Moss, I'm really getting f'in tired of these QB injuries...

In standard scoring leagues, I'd say he'll be a WR3 without Palmer.

In PPR leagues, he should be no worse than a solid WR2. Fitzpatrick is awful but the one thing he can do is throw short and that's where Houshmandzadeh thrives. He's caught 13 passes in the two games with Fitzpatrick at QB. So as long as Houshmandzadeh remains healthy, he should be good for 6+ receptions most weeks. The yards and TDs will be tough to come by but in a PPR league if you have a WR who's catching 6+ passes nearly every week that has serious value.

See "Randy Moss".................no All Pro QB, no more top tier production. Housh is no longer a WR1 option IMO.

If you project Houshmandzadeh's two games with Fitzpatrick out to a full season they come to 104-792-0. Now projecting like this is horribly flawed but for the sake of discussion you can see he should still have good value in PPR formats. It's safe to say he'll catch at least 1 TD from Fitzpatrick before the season is over, maybe a few. Again, in standard scoring leagues I wouldn't be looking to buy T.J. but in a PPR league if you can get him for cheap I think he'll still be no worse than a solid WR2 most weeks due to the sheer volume of receptions he's likely to produce.

If you project Houshmandzadeh's two games with Fitzpatrick out to a full season they come to 104-792-0. Now projecting like this is horribly flawed but for the sake of discussion you can see he should still have good value in PPR formats. It's safe to say he'll catch at least 1 TD from Fitzpatrick before the season is over, maybe a few. Again, in standard scoring leagues I wouldn't be looking to buy T.J. but in a PPR league if you can get him for cheap I think he'll still be no worse than a solid WR2 most weeks due to the sheer volume of receptions he's likely to produce.
That's certainly fair. I'm selfishly focusing on my non-PPR league with Housh. And Moss. Not awesome.

all i'm sayin is Housh is gonna get the ball even if patrick fitzryan is the QB. Housh owners might panic and give him up for less than his value.

all i'm sayin is Housh is gonna get the ball even if patrick fitzryan is the QB. Housh owners might panic and give him up for less than his value.
I agree. He's really the only Bengal I'd even consider starting right now. But I say this mainly with regard to Housh's value in PPR leagues. I don't think he's going to fall off the cliff there for the reasons I listed above.As far as his trade value, you probably can't give him away so if you have him you might as well keep him. But if you're in a PPR league, I think he's worth pursuing because of his low value. If you can get him and plug him in as your WR2 I think you're going to be happy most weeks because of his potential to post high reception totals every game.

I'm in a PPR League, and Housh is ranked 9th... even with the mess around him. I don't see why his value should drop. In the two games that Fitz started and played throughout... Housh has 13 catches.

his value in a non PPR league is not pretty - not sure what under value is? Berrian? Roy Williams? Driver? Yuck...

Users who are viewing this thread