What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

How do you feel about Cutler now? (current info on pg 46) (2 Viewers)

One must wonder what might have been if only the Bears had decided to stick with Kyle Orton or Josh McCown. (The Broncos, on the other hand, seem to be doing just fine in the post-Cutler era.)

Last edited by a moderator:
SaintsInDome2006 said:
Maybe he's not the right QB for this offense. For pete's sake McCown excelled in it. McCown, not even Luke, the other one.
Quarterbacks not named Manning Brady and Rodgers turno over the ball. He will be OK, Cutler has these type of games. Will be funny when he goes for 340 yards and 3 TDs this weekend.

One must wonder what might have been if only the Bears had decided to stick with Kyle Orton or Josh McCown. (The Broncos, on the other hand, seem to be doing just fine in the post-Cutler era.)
Yeah the Broncos made the correct decision to let Cutler go and go with Orton and Tebow instead....yup brilliant. Oh wait, they got lucky that the whole Peyton neck issue occurred and he fell into their lap. Otherwise they would be starting Tebow and then probably Manziel right now.

And yeah, McCown is such a great QB....we all saw how well he did in Tampa earlier in the year. No point actually looking at facts that he only did well with the Bears when he played against almost all of the bottom 10 pass defenses (Cowboys; Vikings; Det; GB; Redskins). He looked like crap when he played against the only good pass D last year (Rams). Do note that Rams team actually had a great pass rush unlike the Rams team this year.

Facts:

Brees - 11 TDs 7 ints (same as Cutler) in 6 (that is one less than Cutler) games; Saints are 2-4

Cutler - 14 TDs 7 ints in 7 games; Bears are 3-4

Matt Ryan - 13 TDs 7 ints in 7 games; Falcons are 2-5

Matt Stafford - 9 TDs (11 if you count rush TDs) 6 ints in 7 games; Det is 5-2 (having a top 5 D might have something to do with that win-loss I am sure)

I guess Brees, Stafford and Matt Ryan are not elite either, right? Someone should inform Urlacher of facts.

Blah, blah, blah.

He's a turnover machine.
Facts:

Brees - 11 TDs 7 ints (same as Cutler) in 6 (that is one less than Cutler) games; Saints are 2-4

Matt Stafford - 9 TDs (11 if you count rush TDs) 6 ints in 7 games; Det is 5-2 (having a top 5 D might have something to do with that win-loss I am sure)

Comments from Forte will not align with the ESPN soap operas and the drama queens who reside here ..... some people cannot accept facts I guess

http://www.chicagobears.com/news/article-1/Marshall-did-not-call-out-teammates/454dd6f0-f806-4493-b50a-b899ecfb11be
You taking the spin machine trying to fix the mess as "facts".

What about the "fact" that both Carolina and GB defenders said they knew what was coming?

You know, those INTs you call flukes were because Tramon Williams knew what route was coming. Same with the one where Marshall ran the wrong route, but the DB was sitting on the curl anyway.

Its ok to admit what everyone else already has come to realize about Cutler.

Im sure once he is gone, you will finally admit it and bash him too.

Facts:

I guess Brees, Stafford and Matt Ryan are not elite either, right? Someone should inform Urlacher of facts.
Brees is a HOF QB with a Super Bowl ring. Having a bad year.

Ryan is overrated and having a bad year (people not making excuses for their play either).

Stafford is doing pretty well, getting help from his D while his best weapon has been hurt.

But people have criticized Stafford during his entire career too.

The only real difference between those guys and Cutler? You make excuses for everything Cutler does.

Urlacher is right...he has not and is not producing like an elite QB.

Brees isn't performing like an elite QB yet this season either...and so on.

cutler was never any good with bears,sure he was good in denver .but that was due to great offensive line.same with rbs...they play great at denver then get traded to another team and suck...gm for denver is smart.

if cutler was so great denver would have kept him no matter what...like they kept elway...and they will never trade manning....

cutler was never any good with bears,sure he was good in denver .but that was due to great offensive line.same with rbs...they play great at denver then get traded to another team and suck...gm for denver is smart.

if cutler was so great denver would have kept him no matter what...like they kept elway...and they will never trade manning....
:loco:

Facts:

Brees is a HOF QB with a Super Bowl ring. Having a bad year.

Ryan is overrated and having a bad year (people not making excuses for their play either).

Stafford is doing pretty well, getting help from his D while his best weapon has been hurt.

But people have criticized Stafford during his entire career too.

The only real difference between those guys and Cutler? You make excuses for everything Cutler does.

Urlacher is right...he has not and is not producing like an elite QB.

Brees isn't performing like an elite QB yet this season either...and so on.
The Cutler hate is driven by the fans in Chicago who dont like his turnovers and lack of wins. If Chicago had a better D it wouldn't sting as much.

NFL Elite: Cutler is no where close to NFL Elite in part because of his turnovers and lack of wins.

Fantasy Elite: He is an elite fantasy QB as it sits right now. He is Top 5 in four of my 8 leagues and Top 6 in the four others, even after his bad game and all his turnovers with play makers all around him.

my god that espn address is hysterical... "chicago-bears-quarterback-jay-cutler-says-receiver-brandon-marshall-rant-cross-line"

it doesn't even say anything remotely close to that in the article! it's like they reserved that address, fingers crossed, and decided to use it anyway

this is the same thing Denver tried to do with Cutler. Surround him with offensive talent, upt the o in his hands and basically ignore the d.

Same results as in Denver

GTQ garbage time quaterback
Yeah he did get some in "garbage time" today, but it wasn't garbage time against Atlanta. Or SF. Yes, he's not playing like an elite QB, but he certainly doesn't deserve all the hate and nitpicking on him either.

BUF - 69.4% comp, 349 yds, 2 and 2, 86.9 rating

SF - 67.6% comp, 176 yds, 4 and 0, 119.2 rating

NYJ - 60.5% comp, 225 yds, 2 and 0, 94.7 rating

GB - 64.7% comp, 256 yds, 2 and 2, 82.5 rating

CAR - 77.8% comp, 289 yds, 2 and 2, 95.5 rating

ATL - 68.4% comp, 381 yds, 1 and 0, 109.6 rating

MIA - 61.8% comp, 190 yds, 1 and 1, 74.4 rating

NE - 66.7% comp, 227 yds, 3 and 1, 108.6 rating

It's his timing of his mistakes that's killing him. But numbers don't lie, his season is very respectable.

Respectable? :lmao:
Yeah, coming into this week 7th in passing yards, 6th in comp %, tied for 5th in TDs, still on the high end for ints but an 18 to 8 ratio isn't bad at all.

Of course, there's a lot of people like you who probably never actually played football at a level like D1 college or hell even high school, who think they are football experts and their opinion is valid. So I'll just stay with the facts and leave you computer jockeys to your "opinions." I'm sorry if you got picked on in life.

Is Cutler being paid for "respectable" performance? I think not.

Is he being paid for 3 wins and 15+ interceptions/fumbles? I think not.

Yeah, coming into this week 7th in passing yards, 6th in comp %, tied for 5th in TDs, still on the high end for ints but an 18 to 8 ratio isn't bad at all.

Of course, there's a lot of people like you who probably never actually played football at a level like D1 college or hell even high school, who think they are football experts and their opinion is valid. So I'll just stay with the facts and leave you computer jockeys to your "opinions." I'm sorry if you got picked on in life.
I notice you left out fumbles. And wins.

Not holding wins against him, it's a team game. The Bears should be a game or two better but it's definitely not all on the QB. May as well blame all the other QB's on teams with losing records.

Not holding wins against him, it's a team game. The Bears should be a game or two better but it's definitely not all on the QB. May as well blame all the other QB's on teams with losing records.
Maybe you haven't noticed, but the QBs on losing teams usually do get blamed. And understandably so. Yes, it is a team game, but QB is the most critical/impactful player on the team.

They sometimes get too much blame/credit, but it comes with the territory.

He looked horrible today.

The thing with Culter, and it was the same when he was here in Denver, is that when he gets down (as in emotionally) on the field, he just turns into a swirling turd hole.

He inspires his teammates none. Sometimes you can just see him melting into a little pity puddle, like the wicked witch of the NFC North.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread