What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

How good is Maurice Jones-Drew? (1 Viewer)

Slider

Footballguy
I heard him many times on Sirius (I'm sure most were just replays) claim he was as good as Reggie Bush but not at the same level program. I thought he was just trying to attract some attention.

He may be better. :o

he's practically a lock for a TD each week. He is also one of their top performing recievers, makes the most of any rushing attempts he gets (between 6-10). Not only that but he gets return yardage stacked up if your in that kind of league. He is one of the top performers on my team and as a flex option he is superb. At this point, I think he is more NFL ready than Bush.

Do I need to find the thread where I informed the shark pool of this...7 months ago.

Last edited by a moderator:
He is the best out of all this year's rookie RBs, IMO.

If Taylor is out of JAX next season, look for a huge year out of MJD. He eats up chunks of yards with every touch. I truly believe he'll be seeing 2000 yard seasons (rushing + receiving) sooner rather than later.

So far he's averaging 4.6 a rush, can run inside or outside, has done well in short yardage, he's doing 10.0 yards per catch and has taken many short passes for long gains. Oh and he has 7 TDs.

The rushing TDs might go down with a healthy Greg Jones in the line up, but over all Drew looks like a fantasy stud waiting to happen.

So far he's averaging 4.6 a rush, can run inside or outside, has done well in short yardage, he's doing 10.0 yards per catch and has taken many short passes for long gains. Oh and he has 7 TDs. The rushing TDs might go down with a healthy Greg Jones in the line up, but over all Drew looks like a fantasy stud waiting to happen.
I think it is time to swap out that avatar.<<jk>>

I heard him many times on Sirius (I'm sure most were just replays) claim he was as good as Reggie Bush but not at the same level program. I thought he was just trying to attract some attention. He may be better. :o
As a UCLA season ticket holder (I know, what a glutton for punishment), I would have to agree with Drew. He was a special player in college and continues to be one at J'Ville. Had he played at USC and Bush played at UCLA, I think Mo would have been in serious contention for the Heisman (if he had stayed at UCLA, he might have been one this year, though the Bruin o-line probably would have killed his chances this year) and Bush would have been a fringe candidate. Like Bush, Maurice was an excellent punt returner, good catching the ball out of the backfield, and had the ability to take the ball the distance on any run. Where they differ, in my opinion, is that Mo is a better runner between the tackles (to be fair, Bush never needed to be since 'SC used White for that and the Saints have McAllister). But the Jags have themselves a great one and compared to the money the Saints are spending on Reggie, the Jags have a fantastic bargain as well. I hope he continues to do well.

Last edited by a moderator:
So far he's averaging 4.6 a rush, can run inside or outside, has done well in short yardage, he's doing 10.0 yards per catch and has taken many short passes for long gains. Oh and he has 7 TDs. The rushing TDs might go down with a healthy Greg Jones in the line up, but over all Drew looks like a fantasy stud waiting to happen.
I think it is time to swap out that avatar.<<jk>>
LOL... I've actually been considering it, but haven't been able to decide what to replace it with. I'm still a Leftwich fan but I don't think any QB is going to have much production in Del Rio's system. The game today was a prime example. But thanks for the advice. :)

he is a prime example of the NFL being too picky on things like height. MJD is special and if he stays injury free, he will be for a long time. He is a friggin cannon ball!

Users who are viewing this thread