What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

How I Met Your Mother (1 Viewer)

i don't like it when sitcoms turn to songs. sometimes that means the beginning of the end :shrug:
I thought that was one of the best things I have ever seen in the history of television awesomeness.
Really?? I thought this might be a "Jump the Shark" moment.
It was definately a Clay Aiken moment.
As someone who is oblivious to pop culture, this board at times refers to someone/something enough to make me look it up. This was the tipping point for Clay Aiken. Just cause I'm sure you all care.

i don't like it when sitcoms turn to songs. sometimes that means the beginning of the end :kicksrock:
I thought that was one of the best things I have ever seen in the history of television awesomeness.
I generally hate all musicals or anytime a show/film breaks into song (unless it's Breakin 2 Electric Boogaloo). This one was good. Anything with Doogie talking about his suits is worthwhile IMO.

i don't like it when sitcoms turn to songs. sometimes that means the beginning of the end :goodposting:
I generally hate all musicals or anytime a show/film breaks into song (unless it's Breakin 2 Electric Boogaloo). This one was good. Anything with Doogie talking about his suits is worthwhile IMO.
I said to my wife, "this part is for the gay viewers" and fast forwarded through it.

i don't like it when sitcoms turn to songs. sometimes that means the beginning of the end :kicksrock:
I said to my wife, "this part is for the gay viewers" and fast forwarded through it.
I thought it had a few funny lines at the beginning of the song but for the most part "meh." :lmao: It was no Slapsgiving.

Who the mother is? Seriously? Who ####ing cares?
;) They won't show you until the end. It's "HOW I MET YOUR MOTHER". If they have him meet her then the show is over.
You need to think more outside the box.
What would be the point? The show is not really about their mother anyway.
This was pretty much my point. I refuse to believe there are people watching this show to find out who the hell the mother is. That not why were here.

Who the mother is? Seriously? Who ####ing cares?
:shrug: They won't show you until the end. It's "HOW I MET YOUR MOTHER". If they have him meet her then the show is over.
You need to think more outside the box.
What would be the point? The show is not really about their mother anyway.
This was pretty much my point. I refuse to believe there are people watching this show to find out who the hell the mother is. That not why were here.
I watch the show because its funny. But the perpetual teasing of who the mother is (like the last episode) is lame. They are building her up way too much to the point where anyone uglier than Jessica Alba will be a disappointment.

I watch the show because its funny. But the perpetual teasing of who the mother is (like the last episode) is lame. They are building her up way too much to the point where anyone uglier than Jessica Alba will be a disappointment.
:shrug: I won't care if they end up bringing someone famous in to play the role or not. She is the least interesting part of the show.

They should just show the mother already. All this teasing is turning me off.
Was just about to post something similar. This is getting old for me. This is becoming something that annoys me about this show. Barney however, doesn't dissapoint.<looks over barmaid's shoulder>

You guys are fine

:confused:

heard a guest appearance is set in march for carrie underwood. maybe she's the mother?
I doubt it. I'm assuming at this point that the mother meeting won't be the endpoint of the series, barring a cancellation this year. The meeting has to be somewhat close, since original reports was the creators had a 5 year plan, and I think patience is wearing too thin for indefinitely putting it off (such as a couple of previous posts in this thread), but the show is too popular to just end it when he meets her.So what this means to me is, if there is a stunt casting like Underwood for the mother, she'd better be able to make a commitment to be a series regular once it happens. It's why I thought Bilson would have a real chance to be the mother, as I could see her staying on. I don't see Underwood having a chance at becoming a regular, so I don't see her being the mother.

heard a guest appearance is set in march for carrie underwood. maybe she's the mother?
I doubt it. I'm assuming at this point that the mother meeting won't be the endpoint of the series, barring a cancellation this year. The meeting has to be somewhat close, since original reports was the creators had a 5 year plan, and I think patience is wearing too thin for indefinitely putting it off (such as a couple of previous posts in this thread), but the show is too popular to just end it when he meets her.So what this means to me is, if there is a stunt casting like Underwood for the mother, she'd better be able to make a commitment to be a series regular once it happens. It's why I thought Bilson would have a real chance to be the mother, as I could see her staying on. I don't see Underwood having a chance at becoming a regular, so I don't see her being the mother.
Just came across the tidbit that this past episode with Bilson and Kiebler was the show's 100th episode. So that's why they had the mother sighting and the name guest stars. So now that that's out of the way, we can get back to normal (aka 'good') episodes.

The use of the Major League music while Ted was helping Barney pick a chick was excellent.

As was "high and outside".

Barney wants to meet my wife @ McLaren's for a date on October 12th 2016 @ 3:45AM. He said he loves her.

:fingerscrossed:

They should have had Ted say "Naked Man, Nice!" to Don...Should have waited until after the commercial break...

And with that ending, are they going back to Ted and Robin?? :thumbdown:

Last edited by a moderator:
And with that ending, are they going back to Ted and Robin?? :lmao:
:confused: Did you not see the final scene with Robin and Don with a Duck's bill?
I missed that too.
I had to watch it at CBS.com. I wonder if it got cut off on some stations?Well, just to flesh out the scene, it took place at the TV station. Don does a sincere apology, says he's changing, and gets up, revealing he's wearing pants. He turns to Robin to say something else, and Robin sees him with a duck bill. The end.

Users who are viewing this thread