What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

How many times to you bathe in a typical week? (1 Viewer)

On average how many showers or baths do you take a week?

Votes: 1 0.6%

Votes: 2 1.1%
  • 2-3

Votes: 8 4.4%
  • 4-6

Votes: 51 28.2%

Votes: 60 33.1%
  • 8-10

Votes: 43 23.8%
  • 11-13

Votes: 11 6.1%

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • 15+

Votes: 4 2.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
usually twice a day, first thing when I wake up and then again a few hours later after the gym. If I golf after work during the week then I'm taking a third shower for the day.

I do A lot of work around the yard and I HATE being hot. I’ll take several just on a weekend afternoon sometimes.

Most of these extra showers are quick.

The bolded is one of the unsung uses for a shower in the Deep South -- to get cooled off. At least if you don't have a pool to dip into.

A few jobs ago, I had a slooow commute home every day in Baton Rouge, LA. In a vehicle with no A/C. In a shirt and tie (yeah, removing the tie and rolling up the sleeves only helped a little). I'd shower every evening before dinner to get all that sweat off me.

Every morning and a second when i either get home from work or before bed. I just like a good rinse off even for 2 minutes. I don't understand people who go "days" without, i mean i do, because i smell them.

I bathe every other Saturday so 1/2 times per week.

Paraphrased from the first episode of the recent Shogun series:

Japanese host: We've prepared a bath for you. I know you haven't had a chance in a few days ...​
English guy: What? No, it's OK -- I took a bath last week!

Japanese host: :sick:

Almost always once a day, sometimes twice a day so went 8-10. I exercise regularly which always generates a shower plus I shave with a blade almost every day as well and prefer to do so in the shower.

I just don't get the need for a second shower. I don't care if you're running marathons. And I know you're not running marathons.
This guy stinks.
Your face sinks
Seriously though, do you change your bedsheets daily? Cuz sweating and then sleeping in your filth is pretty gross.

Yeah......I dont get this either.

To be fair......I'm bringing some "flith" into bed too just by walking around outside all day and not showering before bed (which I might do on a day where I dont play golf or do some other exercise). But that's still a long way from actually sweating and then just going to bed or sitting on your other furniture.

To each their own I guess......but doing that instead of just taking 5 minutes to rinse off (even if its not a full blown shower) is mind-boggling to me.

You guys just jumping into bed right after a workout? That sweat will dry up, just change your t-shirt you’ll be fine

so im a german brohan or as they say in the mother land a brohund from wisconsin which means even a little heat or exertion makes me sweat like i have a the plague so probably 14 i walk in the morning so i need one after that and i walk at night so i need one after that probably need one after work too but i just go out walking since i already smell so boom there you have the old swcer solves another riddle take that to the bank brochachos

You guys change your boxers every time you fart?
Weird argument. Yes, any normal person is changing their underwear daily. Just like you should shower and clean yourself at least once daily. A fart isn't comparable to sweating after a workout....pooping yourself is more of the equivalent. And yes, everyone is changing their boxers after that. (Except maybe Bob Sacamano)

I just don't get the need for a second shower. I don't care if you're running marathons. And I know you're not running marathons.
This guy stinks.
Your face sinks
Seriously though, do you change your bedsheets daily? Cuz sweating and then sleeping in your filth is pretty gross.
It's 115+ here during the summer. If I took a shower every time I broke a sweat, I'd do nothing else all day long.

Hell, I'm sweating again while drying off from the shower. Guess I better hop back in.

Wake. Work out. Shower. Yada-yada. Sleep. No need for a full body rinse. Repeat.

Wake. Work out. Shower. Yada-yada. Sleep. No need for a full body rinse. Repeat.
If you’re doing this then nothing wrong with it. Your earlier statement was you don’t shower after working out.
If I HAVE to get in a workout after work, I'm probably still not showering until morning if I'm not going anywhere else. I'm a FBG, so I'm one of the fortunate few who owns washcloths. :moneybag: :moneybag:

No, I don't feel the need to shower every time I sweat.

If you’re doing this then nothing wrong with it. Your earlier statement was you don’t shower after working out.
If I HAVE to get in a workout after work, I'm probably still not showering until morning if I'm not going anywhere else. I'm a FBG, so I'm one of the fortunate few who owns washcloths. :moneybag: :moneybag:

Why not just jump in the shower and rinse off? Takes the same amount of time as wiping yourself down with a washcloth, and easier.

Why not just jump in the shower and rinse off? Takes the same amount of time as wiping yourself down with a washcloth, and easier.
Why jump in the shower? Takes a LOT more water and more time than just a quick wipe down.

Off day today. I may not shower at all.

I can't function in the morning until I've showered. Even if I know I'm going to be outside sweating, getting dirty, working out, whatever. Shower first and after.

I can't function in the morning until I've showered. Even if I know I'm going to be outside sweating, getting dirty, working out, whatever. Shower first and after.
Yeah, this is me. Just can't bring myself to leave the house without having showered. It doesn't help that I have coarse hair, so there's no way to get rid of bed head without getting my hair wet.

I'm not a shower in the morning person, seems like a waste of water. I wake up between 6-630 and I'm wide awake and ready to go the minute my eyes open. And I don't shower until I've done something to make me sweat/dirty. Showers usually come after the day is done and right before/after I've eaten dinner. Showers late at night are a big no usually, though I did shower last night at 1015 since I did a late bike ride (indoor). If not for the late bike ride I probably would have skipped the shower yesterday. 4-6 for me.

Last edited:
I try for once a day but sometimes won't hit that on a weekend if I'm not going out/working up some kind of a sweat. I typically prefer to shower right after I get back from work.

I'd say 6-7.

Users who are viewing this thread