What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

I finally found something I'm great at: Cornhole (2 Viewers)

I wonder if you'll stay as consistent when

1. You start thinking about it

2. The pressure is on

Every time I go bowling I swear I throw 2 or 3 strikes in a row when I first start. I don't practice, I pick up the ball and just bowl, always feels to right and natural.

Then as soon as I start thinking about my throw and miss that first one it's all down hill.

Have you played again since that day?

I wonder if you'll stay as consistent when

1. You start thinking about it

2. The pressure is on

Every time I go bowling I swear I throw 2 or 3 strikes in a row when I first start. I don't practice, I pick up the ball and just bowl, always feels to right and natural.

Then as soon as I start thinking about my throw and miss that first one it's all down hill.

Have you played again since that day?
I have been thinking the same thing. I find that if I just concentrate on the technique that I'm good so hopefully that remains the case. I have not played since last weekend but plan on playing this weekend.

Do you leave the corn on the cob when you throw it in the hole or do you cut it off with a knife first? Does too much butter make for errant thrusts?

Last edited by a moderator:
I would rather the thread be about sharing tips and techniques, talking about gameplay rather than "joke" responses. It would be great if we could network here and become better players.

Has anyone competed in a sanctioned event? If so, how was it? What can we expect when we get there with signing in, costs and opponents?

Willie Neslon said:
I would rather the thread be about sharing tips and techniques, talking about gameplay rather than "joke" responses. It would be great if we could network here and become better players.

Has anyone competed in a sanctioned event? If so, how was it? What can we expect when we get there with signing in, costs and opponents?
:lol:

Willie Neslon said:

:lol:
If you watched the video I posted earlier you'd see some strategy.

I'm a big fan of the block and blast strategy. Block the hole with your first three throws, and then try to blast the last throw to hole one or two of your bags.

I'm a big fan of the block and blast strategy. Block the hole with your first three throws, and then try to blast the last throw to hole one or two of your bags.
Won't matter. Willie is sooo good he'll just shoot all his right over yours straight into the hole. Swish!!! He's that good.

Won't matter. Willie is sooo good he'll just shoot all his right over yours straight into the hole. Swish!!! He's that good.
There are times when that is the proper play. It's a risk because you're likely to go over the board if you miss. In games with great players that point could mean the difference.

I just got the call. We'll be playing privately tomorrow for a few hours and then all day Sunday at a large barbecue. I'm going to really stretch it out tonight.

Will stretch and ice before the matches as well. My technique + age = super sore right hip after hours of throwing.  Don't feel it with the beer going down but next day have trouble walking.  Going to be playing probably every day of the long weekend so pre-ice and stretch are crucial. Lots of people watching and a lot of money on the line. Need to be at my best all 3 days, especially monday. Debating ben gay/absorbine.

I was asked by the host of tomorrow's get together if I would refrain from playing tomorrow.  We played today, nothing major, just winners stay.  Well, after about 15 games it was obvious nobody was going to beat me. Tomorrow a cash tournament was planned and the host asked if I'd sit out as he wanted everyone to have a chance. I was floored. I thought he was kidding at first but he wasn't.  I volunteered to partner up with the worst player but they want to play singles. Told him if i didn't play i probably wouldn't come. Monday is the big day and a big doubles tournament is planned at another friend's house but I was looking forward to playing each day. Wife thinks maybe take a dive one of these times but it's just not in my nature. "You play to win the game." - Herm Edwards. Bummed out right now.

@Willie Neslon you throw the bags horizontal or vertical to the ground?  How many rotations before the bags drop through the hole?  I'd really like to learn from you man.  Do you have a youtube instructional channel I could subscribe to?  Maybe do some periscoping?  

Last edited by a moderator:
It's official, I'm not going to the thing tomorrow. Other participants have agreed I should not play. I'm pissed. May not say anything on Monday except calling out the score.  The only positive is that I'll be rested.  Never have asked anyone to not participate in anything because they were dominant. I guess this is the way it is in 2016.

I was asked by the host of tomorrow's get together if I would refrain from playing tomorrow.  We played today, nothing major, just winners stay.  Well, after about 15 games it was obvious nobody was going to beat me. Tomorrow a cash tournament was planned and the host asked if I'd sit out as he wanted everyone to have a chance. I was floored. I thought he was kidding at first but he wasn't.  I volunteered to partner up with the worst player but they want to play singles. Told him if i didn't play i probably wouldn't come. Monday is the big day and a big doubles tournament is planned at another friend's house but I was looking forward to playing each day. Wife thinks maybe take a dive one of these times but it's just not in my nature. "You play to win the game." - Herm Edwards. Bummed out right now.
You've never seen a single pool hustling movie have you? 

Users who are viewing this thread