What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

I finally found something I'm great at: Cornhole (1 Viewer)

It's official, I'm not going to the thing tomorrow. Other participants have agreed I should not play. I'm pissed. May not say anything on Monday except calling out the score.  The only positive is that I'll be rested.  Never have asked anyone to not participate in anything because they were dominant. I guess this is the way it is in 2016.
Can't say I blame them.  We use a corn hole tourney to pick the draft order in one of my fantasy leagues.  There's a ringer who is a cut or two above the rest of us and continually gets first pick.  It's not fun knowing you don't have a chance.  Try to look at it from their perspective.  

Can't say I blame them.  We use a corn hole tourney to pick the draft order in one of my fantasy leagues.  There's a ringer who is a cut or two above the rest of us and continually gets first pick.  It's not fun knowing you don't have a chance.  Try to look at it from their perspective.  
I would never do something like that.  This is just about the cornhole.

Maybe it's a rough crowd Willie rolls with, so he knows if he tried to pull a shady hustle, he'd get his ### kicked and robbed afterwards anyway.
it's too late to hustle. My game was out there on toss one.  I never had a chance to lay in the weeds because I didn't know how good I was going to be. I guess if i ever get into a situation with strangers and cornhole for money is going on then I can pull a Forrest Whitaker.

Will stretch and ice before the matches as well. My technique + age = super sore right hip after hours of throwing.  Don't feel it with the beer going down but next day have trouble walking.  Going to be playing probably every day of the long weekend so pre-ice and stretch are crucial. Lots of people watching and a lot of money on the line. Need to be at my best all 3 days, especially monday. Debating ben gay/absorbine.
Support your sponsors man - Doan's pills will fix that #### for you!

Dominated at cornhole today. I rarely play,  but today I was fing the mj of corn hole.   I singlehandedly won 4 straight matches cause my partner was awful and couldn't throw ####.  Yes it was a good day

Just got the call from tomorrow's host.  He asked if I'd sit out the tournament.  Told him no problem, have a great 4th and hung up. Phone rang right after but I didn't answer. Gutted. All I wanted to do was throw this holiday weekend.

probably the worst game ever invented
Game was invented in the town I grew up in.....allegedly

Willie, if you are looking for a step up in competition...come to Cincinnati, I think the circuit is coming through soon, usually we can get a round or two in with the stars as they look for new talent.

Just got the call from tomorrow's host.  He asked if I'd sit out the tournament.  Told him no problem, have a great 4th and hung up. Phone rang right after but I didn't answer. Gutted. All I wanted to do was throw this holiday weekend.
Sit out a tournament because you're too good?  Wtf dude.  It's cornhole.  People are so weird. 

Bring your own boards and corn sacks. Set them up and play by yourself right next to the tournament as it's going on. Let each match "winner" know exactly how badly they'd have been beaten. Obviously, you need to be getting loaded throughout.

I'm truly saddened by this turn of events. The world needed Michael Jordan playing basketball. The world needed Jerry Rice catching footballs. And the world needs Willie Neslon cornholing.

Last edited by a moderator:
One of my wife's favorite games, but she calls it "That Bags Game" because she thinks cornhole sounds gross.

Bring your own boards and corn sacks. Set them up and play by yourself right next to the tournament as it's going on. Let each match "winner" know exactly how badly they'd have been beaten. Obviously, you need to be getting loaded throughout.

I'm truly saddened by this turn of events. The world needed Michael Jordan playing basketball. The world needed Jerry Rice catching footballs. And the world needs Willie Neslon cornholing.
:lmao:

Great idea. 

Game was invented in the town I grew up in.....allegedly

Willie, if you are looking for a step up in competition...come to Cincinnati, I think the circuit is coming through soon, usually we can get a round or two in with the stars as they look for new talent.
Thanks. I was told game was invented Germany 1400's.

I've always heard people on here up for a Footballguys cornhole, I never understood what that meant until this thread. 

I feel your pain Willie. Sometimes I'm so bored I do the over the shoulder no look shot and I still make it. Haters all be hatin and ####.

Oh, are we supposed to play along with schtick now?   Sorry, Give em' hell next year Willie!

Users who are viewing this thread