What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

I hate eating healthy and working out. HATE IT. (1 Viewer)

Serious question for the big people. The OP said he needed to lose 100 pounds. How do you go that far? How come you don't stop at 30 or 50 pounds overweight? When you look in the mirror is 100 pounds over weight the first time you notice you may want to lose some weight.
I've known a lot of overweight people. It's really not that simple. A lot of people truly do have a food addiction or depression or some other type of issue that affects their weight. Also, all metabolisms are different. It's easy to point the finger at overweight people and tell them they are lazy. But it's a lot harder for some than others.

I have two daughters that were raised in the same house with the same food. One is overweight and one is as thin as a rail and can't gain weight no matter what she tries. One will always have weight issues to deal with and one probably never will.
:goodposting:

Everyone is different.
Not really, but this does help people feel better about themselves.

Serious question for the big people. The OP said he needed to lose 100 pounds. How do you go that far? How come you don't stop at 30 or 50 pounds overweight? When you look in the mirror is 100 pounds over weight the first time you notice you may want to lose some weight.
I've known a lot of overweight people. It's really not that simple. A lot of people truly do have a food addiction or depression or some other type of issue that affects their weight. Also, all metabolisms are different. It's easy to point the finger at overweight people and tell them they are lazy. But it's a lot harder for some than others.

I have two daughters that were raised in the same house with the same food. One is overweight and one is as thin as a rail and can't gain weight no matter what she tries. One will always have weight issues to deal with and one probably never will.

Everyone is different.
OK.

I couldn't imagine not working out and eating healthy. It's become a way of life for me ... At my highest weight, immediately after I had my daughter, I've lost 66 pounds. I've gained 6 back, but my goal is to lose the 6 plus another 8 lbs and I'll be satisfied.

I work out 5x a week (and sometimes more) .... Spin (2-3 times a week), high intensity interval training (2x a week), and now that the weather is nice, I try to get an outdoor ride (goal is to ride the 100 mile in August). My company has a full service gym along with classes so I go during lunch.

I am the best shape of my life. And it feels really ####### good. In fact, after HIIT, i've sometimes said it feels so good, it's orgasmic ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
culdeus said:
TheIronSheik said:
kutta said:
Ditka Butkus said:

Everyone is different.
Why do you contend that?

You must realize that if you put 100 people on exactly the same regiment, and they all strictly adhere to it, they will not all achieve the same results.

What you are implying is akin to saying that everyone could play basketball as well as Michael Jordan if they just work hard enough, but we all know that simply isn't the case.

culdeus said:
TheIronSheik said:
kutta said:
Ditka Butkus said:

Everyone is different.
Why do you contend that?

You must realize that if you put 100 people on exactly the same regiment, and they all strictly adhere to it, they will not all achieve the same results.

What you are implying is akin to saying that everyone could play basketball as well as Michael Jordan if they just work hard enough, but we all know that simply isn't the case.
I know some people struggle with weight, and I know some people have higher metabolisms than other. I also know that there are a ton of people that are depressed, and weight can snowball before you know it.

But I've never known a fat or overweight person that didn't consume far more calories than they should. Perhaps they are out there. But I just haven't met them.

And anyone can lose weight. Obviously the results aren't the exact same with every person, but 99% of fat people COULD be in shape. They may not perform like Michael Jordan, but I don't think anyone here is arguing that.

beavers said:
I couldn't imagine not working out and eating healthy. It's become a way of life for me ... At my highest weight, immediately after I had my daughter, I've lost 66 pounds. I've gained 6 back, but my goal is to lose the 6 plus another 8 lbs and I'll be satisfied.

I work out 5x a week (and sometimes more) .... Spin (2-3 times a week), high intensity interval training (2x a week), and now that the weather is nice, I try to get an outdoor ride (goal is to ride the 100 mile in August). My company has a full service gym along with classes so I go during lunch.

I am the best shape of my life. And it feels really ####### good. In fact, after HIIT, i've sometimes said it feels so good, it's orgasmic ;)
I hear ya brohammer. I've gotten "highs" from clean living and intense work-outs too.

I've always liked to exercise. Many dislike the elliptical but it can be an intense non-impact workout. Drink more water. Get in some cardio (even walking will do), Limit the breads and processed sugars. Lift some weights (or do body weight exercises). Easy formula but I don't see most making that level of commitment.

I sleep like a baby. And, believe me, I used to party like a rock star. But after "x" years of living hard, I prefer this lifestyle to high blood pressure, high cholesterol, gout and diabetes...

culdeus said:
TheIronSheik said:
kutta said:
Ditka Butkus said:

Everyone is different.
Why do you contend that?

I know some people struggle with weight, and I know some people have higher metabolisms than other. I also know that there are a ton of people that are depressed, and weight can snowball before you know it.

But I've never known a fat or overweight person that didn't consume far more calories than they should. Perhaps they are out there. But I just haven't met them.

And anyone can lose weight. Obviously the results aren't the exact same with every person, but 99% of fat people COULD be in shape. They may not perform like Michael Jordan, but I don't think anyone here is arguing that.
Not to put too fine a point on it, but if you look at group pictures of people in situations where they are starved. They look starved. There isn't the one fat guy who has some gland issue that allows him to keep weight on.

At the end of the day thermodynamics is going to win. It takes some people more effort to win that battle because food can be a disease, and few people are educated to know what is the right thing to eat. Our government for years has pushed a diet of carbs and sugar and grain on it's people. So there's that aspect as well. Plenty of excuses to go around, but anyone can get to a healthy weight with the right support.

One of my good friends in college is a radiolgist for cancer and some other kind of doctor. On the side she did tests for people that are getting weight loss surgery to determine if any of them have some sort of thyroid condition or whatever that would make them keep weight on. They tested 200 people, and all were negative so they just said #### it and quit bothering with the expense of it.

Users who are viewing this thread