What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

I hate eating healthy and working out. HATE IT. (1 Viewer)

Regarding the working out, why not try something like kick boxing? I've been doing it for about a year now and absolutely love it. It sounds like you are (or used to be...) athletic and like some competition. It also sounds like you don't want to be bored in the gym. This kick boxing stuff is freaking awesome. It's a great workout and tons of fun. I would say it's the most fun I've ever had working out, and it's also the best workout I've ever done.

I lost 20 lbs pretty quickly once I started doing it. Since then I've pretty much maintained my weight but my strength and cardio have increased dramatically.

What worked for me was jiu-jitsu. I hate going to the gym...I hate working out just for the sake of exercise. Can't do it, I'll quit within 3 months, I have every time I ever tried.

Jiu jitsu is different. Its a sport where you use every muscle in your body in ways you never have before. You are learning a skill. You are competing directly against an opponent each and every class. You can see constant and un-ending growth, which can help keep you motivated, especially if you like to learn. And, you form teammate type bonds with other guys who go to competitions, just like when you were a kid doing HS sports. You can also learn some cool stuff that will allow you to kick your D1 wrestler sons ###.

If not jiu-jitsu, you could consider krav-maga, boxing, muai tai, tae kwan do, kung fu, etc. Plenty of other martial art styles - whatever floats your boat.
:goodposting: Beat me by that much...

What worked for me was jiu-jitsu. I hate going to the gym...I hate working out just for the sake of exercise. Can't do it, I'll quit within 3 months, I have every time I ever tried.

Jiu jitsu is different. Its a sport where you use every muscle in your body in ways you never have before. You are learning a skill. You are competing directly against an opponent each and every class. You can see constant and un-ending growth, which can help keep you motivated, especially if you like to learn. And, you form teammate type bonds with other guys who go to competitions, just like when you were a kid doing HS sports. You can also learn some cool stuff that will allow you to kick your D1 wrestler sons ###.

If not jiu-jitsu, you could consider krav-maga, boxing, muai tai, tae kwan do, kung fu, etc. Plenty of other martial art styles - whatever floats your boat.
I would like to do some martial arts. Wife's uncle is HUGE into Gracie Jiu-Jitsu. Been doing it for years. Complete bad ###. I just figured that was something I couldn't get into until I lost some weight. I mean, I don't want to be referred to as the "Beverly Hills Ninja" when I show up at class. Plus I was afraid of my knee. When I drop about 1/2 the weight I'll see what the doc says. If he says it is a go, this would be a pretty good idea.
You can do it at any weight. Just be sure to choose a good gym. We have guys of all ages and sizes in my class. Everyone helps everyone. It's really something you should look into if you are interested.

I would like to do some martial arts. Wife's uncle is HUGE into Gracie Jiu-Jitsu. Been doing it for years. Complete bad ###. I just figured that was something I couldn't get into until I lost some weight. I mean, I don't want to be referred to as the "Beverly Hills Ninja" when I show up at class. Plus I was afraid of my knee. When I drop about 1/2 the weight I'll see what the doc says. If he says it is a go, this would be a pretty good idea.
Don't wait, do it now - provided the knee is good. Even then - tape it up & wear a knee pad, should be ok.You would be amazed at how good of a work out it is, and how it can actually keep you engaged to not only not quit, but maintain the healthy lifestyle changes discussed earlier. I lost about 25 lbs doing it and eating better and hate the idea of gaining it back because I move soo much better without the dead weight.

If its something you are interested in, ask your wifes uncle about it. He will give you better advice than an idiot on a magic football messageboard. he'll probably say you should start now and use jiu jitsu as a means to start the changes you want to make, not something to do when you are done.

:goodposting: Beat me by that much...
:hifive:

Real talk, losing weight is like getting off drugs. You have to do it one day at a time until your body gets used to it. It is going to suck and you are going to be in a bad mood. The one recommendation I have is to avoid toxins altogether. Because once you have your "cheat day" or whatever, your body will literally get high off those toxins/carbs/sugar/alcohol, or whatever you cheated with, and be right back in "fiend" mode the next 4-5 days until it adjusts detoxifies itself again and settles back into healthy mode.

Anybody that goes to the gym and hates doing it is doing it all wrong. Take up mountain biking. Very little stress on your joints unlike most other physical activities. A helluva lot of fun. And you burn a crap ton of calories so that you can eat a lot of fun stuff. I've been waiting all week to go on a ride tomorrow. I'll probably burn about 2k calories which for those of you that don't know what that equates to in food means I can pretty much eat whatever I want tomorrow.

Real talk, losing weight is like getting off drugs. You have to do it one day at a time until your body gets used to it. It is going to suck and you are going to be in a bad mood. The one recommendation I have is to avoid toxins altogether. Because once you have your "cheat day" or whatever, your body will literally get high off those toxins/carbs/sugar/alcohol, or whatever you cheated with, and be right back in "fiend" mode the next 4-5 days until it adjusts detoxifies itself again and settles back into healthy mode.
My favorite is all the fat chicks on my Facebook feed that check In at some fried chicken joint 3x a week with "MMMMM CHEAT DAY!!!" amazingly they've not lost any weight.

If you are not into the gym try releasing your inner caveman, I find ruffed grouse hunting to be a decent workout ... try lugging an 8 pound shotgun through tag alders and popples all day long, climbing over fallen trees, chasing lost dogs, and not eating much of anything all day, it knocks a couple pounds off easy. Another idea, surfcasting and jumping huge waves (or scuba ... or surf metal detecting) is also a workout and might be a decent choice for a gimpy knee, the water will keep the weight off the knee. Eat your hunting or surf-catch and you have achieved a double whammy ... a workout AND good healthy food.

There is actual science to dispute this. Both behavioral and thermogenic.

It's all a matter of degree of what a cheat day means.

The most successful diets incorporate a refeed

There is actual science to dispute this. Both behavioral and thermogenic. It's all a matter of degree of what a cheat day means.

I'd be interested in the actual science if you've got a link. Read this in 4hb and was a bit confused as to the science behind it.

There is actual science to dispute this. Both behavioral and thermogenic.

It's all a matter of degree of what a cheat day means.

Anytime anyone brings up science when it comes to dieting, there always seems to be articles for both sides. I will say that this subject interests me and in the reading that I've come across from fitness sites, a refeed day is just about universally recommended. Not a 5,000 calorie binge day, just a slightly higher than maintenance day to shock your body a little and to right your mind.

Fat people always complain about getting thin. Thin people complain about staying thin. But they're sweeping the real story under the rug. The dirty secret that nobody wants to admit is that getting fat is awesome. Screw you if you think a handful of sliced almonds is actually a snack. That's garnish. And a fistful of kale in my smoothie? I want my smoothies to come from Steak and Shake, with milk and cocoa beans. You know what tastes really good on a quarter pounder? A second patty. The only run I want to make is to the store for a six pack. The only six pack I want to have is at that store. It's ####### awesome getting fat. Most fun you'll have and you endomorphic 98 lb weaklings can take a lesson here. You're wasting your lives. Don't forget it when you're working out, either. You've had the big run up and you're working your way down and yeah that sucks but sooner or later you'll yo yo back up and that's going to be so much ####### fun it was totally worth the sweat and the hunger pains and the sudden inability (which you've already displayed) to not talk about losing weight. You'll become fun again. Good luck becoming the new you, but what I'm really looking forward to is meeting the new old you for a beer.
Do fat and phat rhyme? Well do they?

Wish me luck and to all the younger FFA peoples out there.. Stop drinking and eating like a ####### or one day you will find yourself having to sweat your balls off on an elliptical while your wife rips off miles and miles making you feel like a weakling.
Good luck man!

Super cool. Wonder if I can talk my work into getting me one?
We looked at those where I work but haven't gone that direction yet. Instead we've got two versions of desktop standing computer desks and one where the whole table lifts and drops. These are all new enough to where there are questions as to benefit but I can attest to a couple things: You want to be able to change desk heights easily--very few people can stand all the time; it is definitely a benefit some of the time.

I have found that a lot of ergonomic issues are alleviated by going from seated to standing because you're not locked into one position.

Originally I was leery of these setups, thinking they were simply another fad like the kneeling chairs were some years ago--but I'm pretty well sold now, having seen the benefits at least of being able to change working positions efficiently. There have studies which suggest that keyboarding performance decreases but I have not seen that with the standups. I would suspect that to be true with the treadmills.
We are getting the desks that hydraulically raise/lower in December, but the walking treadmill with it would be super cool.

To me, the WORST thing you can do is tell yourself you are never going to eat anything good again. Nobody can live up to that.

I made a few simple rules for myself and I've lost 30 lbs. Now, granted, I didn't need to lose 100 lbs, but this has worked for me. I still want to lose another 10 lbs, but I am pretty comfortable right now and my doctor is thrilled with my counts right now.

1. I ride 5 miles a day on my stationary bike. It takes me about 15 minutes. Work up to trying to ride between 20-25 mph. Sprint the last half a mile. When this becomes too easy, add another half a mile or a longer sprint. Since I don't like to work out more than about 15 or 20 minutes, I add another .25 mile sprint. Also, the bike should be in front of a TV. Makes the time go faster.

2. During the week, watch what you eat carefully. Measure your servings and only eat 1 serving of whatever you are eating. Eat about 5 smaller meals a day. About every 3 hours. Your plate should have half veggies. So, we serve a veggie or a salad with everything.

3. Drink 64 oz of water every day

4. If you have something that is not good for you and you crave it, eat it, but eat a small amount of it. For me, that thing is chocolate, so I keep a bag of the fun size Hershey's in the house. If I have a craving, I eat two of those. For soft drinks, if you have to have one, buy some of the 100 calorie cans.

5. Eat breakfast every morning.

6. On the weekends, don't worry about it as much. If you go out to eat, eat what you want. Cut back in small ways. If you want to eat steak, eat the smaller one. Ask for potato toppings on the side so you can moderate what you put on it. Eat lighter dressings like italian, instead of the ranch. Split a dessert.

7. Weigh yourself every week. This is especially important when you get to your goal or close to it. Don't let it get back out of control.

8. Try and cut back on white stuff, but don't kill yourself. If you can deal with wheat pasta and wheat tortillas, eat those. If you are like me and think that nothing ruins gumbo more than brown rice, don't eat it. Eat the white, just watch your portions.

There is actual science to dispute this. Both behavioral and thermogenic.It's all a matter of degree of what a cheat day means.

I'd be interested in the actual science if you've got a link. Read this in 4hb and was a bit confused as to the science behind it.
There are studies out there that found reasons for lags in weight loss. A purely thermogneic weight loss program like weight watchers will have plateaus. These plateaus are where lepitin secretions are high in response to a starvation mode. For some this can last a few days. Daily weight monitoring and calorie tracking can actually have you where you can time the reefeeds.

Refeeds are always carb based and are typically 2-2.5g carb x target body weight. Don't go nuts. For someone looking to lose 100# or more the first reefeed might be 6 months away. It is more important for those that want to go from 185 to 165.

This article gets into some of this and provides some external links.

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/carb-refeeding-and-weight-loss/#axzz2fYn61SYv

Take pictures to track your progress.

Change can be hard to see because it takes place gradually. If you have pictures spaced about a month apart to compare the progress is more clear. You'll see where you were and where you are now. This can also help with motivation.

When I started a lifting program, about two months in I didn't think I was getting anywhere. I'd look in the mirror and not see myself any differently from when I started. But when I looked at my beginning pictures there was a clear progression. It feels good to have that indisputable evidence that your hard work is paying off.

I lost 40 pounds in my early-mid 30s and didn't feel like I really made any sacrifices doing it. I still eat whatever I want. I still have dessert after every dinner. I just don't overdo it. The three staples of my diet were to keep my calories low during the day. No big breakfast or lunch. Instead, have three snacks spread out during the work day that add up to 500 calories. I would usually make one have fiber, one fruit and the other nuts. Second, I cut out Jamba Juice entirely because my next rule was don't drink calories. I ate whatever I wanted for dinner but, third, I stopped getting dessert from restaurants and instead got dessert at the grocery store where I could see the calories, getting stuff that was tasty but 200 calories or less. I still eat either pizza, burger, hot dog or steak five times a week. When I was trying to lose weight, I did the elliptical 5 times a week. Cut that all out when I didn't want to lose any more weight. Now I just play tennis once a week and lift half-heartedly three times a week. It was easy to take off the weight with only slight adjustments.

saintsfan said:
To me, the WORST thing you can do is tell yourself you are never going to eat anything good again. Nobody can live up to that.

I made a few simple rules for myself and I've lost 30 lbs. Now, granted, I didn't need to lose 100 lbs, but this has worked for me. I still want to lose another 10 lbs, but I am pretty comfortable right now and my doctor is thrilled with my counts right now.

1. I ride 5 miles a day on my stationary bike. It takes me about 15 minutes. Work up to trying to ride between 20-25 mph. Sprint the last half a mile. When this becomes too easy, add another half a mile or a longer sprint. Since I don't like to work out more than about 15 or 20 minutes, I add another .25 mile sprint. Also, the bike should be in front of a TV. Makes the time go faster.

2. During the week, watch what you eat carefully. Measure your servings and only eat 1 serving of whatever you are eating. Eat about 5 smaller meals a day. About every 3 hours. Your plate should have half veggies. So, we serve a veggie or a salad with everything.

3. Drink 64 oz of water every day

4. If you have something that is not good for you and you crave it, eat it, but eat a small amount of it. For me, that thing is chocolate, so I keep a bag of the fun size Hershey's in the house. If I have a craving, I eat two of those. For soft drinks, if you have to have one, buy some of the 100 calorie cans.

5. Eat breakfast every morning.

6. On the weekends, don't worry about it as much. If you go out to eat, eat what you want. Cut back in small ways. If you want to eat steak, eat the smaller one. Ask for potato toppings on the side so you can moderate what you put on it. Eat lighter dressings like italian, instead of the ranch. Split a dessert.

7. Weigh yourself every week. This is especially important when you get to your goal or close to it. Don't let it get back out of control.

8. Try and cut back on white stuff, but don't kill yourself. If you can deal with wheat pasta and wheat tortillas, eat those. If you are like me and think that nothing ruins gumbo more than brown rice, don't eat it. Eat the white, just watch your portions.
I like this for the most part and did/am doing most of it

I have lost 110 pounds since January. My last month I have held steady which has been the plan.Going to crank back up the weight loss next week.

1. - I walk instead of the biking because it easier on my knees

2. - The amount of times one eats is irrelevant but it can it make easier in the beginning eating those five smaller meals.

3. - I am closer to 100 ounces a day but I have always been a heavy drinker of whatever it is I am drinking

4. - My kryptonite is chinese especially General Tso. So I decided to have it the first friday of every month. That was my reward for a job well done for a month.

5. - sure

6. - Be careful here. Their isn't a bigger trap imo while trying to lose weight than cheat days. Stay under your calorie budget at all times using an app like MyFitnessPal or my personal favorite Lose It. Enjoy an occasional night out sure, but make sure to take it easy the rest of the day. If you do cheat days you will never allow your stomach to shrink so you will never lose that original hunger pain that you want to get rid of.

7. - Once a week is fine but I weight myself every day to avoid those fluke weigh ins. Just have to realize that there will be fluctuations. Weighing daily makes it easier to track the steady loss and to see what kind of foods consistently cause to gain weight/lose weight (remember you should be tracking every calorie you intake use an app)

8. - I agree here. Eat what you like - just watch your portions and again make sure they all fit into your calorie count

just one mans opinion

I'll add that joining a site like diet bet is good. Forces you to put up or shut with a small amount of money on the line. Extra motivation doesn't hurt.

Last edited by a moderator:
Fat people always complain about getting thin. Thin people complain about staying thin. But they're sweeping the real story under the rug. The dirty secret that nobody wants to admit is that getting fat is awesome. Screw you if you think a handful of sliced almonds is actually a snack. That's garnish. And a fistful of kale in my smoothie? I want my smoothies to come from Steak and Shake, with milk and cocoa beans. You know what tastes really good on a quarter pounder? A second patty. The only run I want to make is to the store for a six pack. The only six pack I want to have is at that store. It's ####### awesome getting fat. Most fun you'll have and you endomorphic 98 lb weaklings can take a lesson here. You're wasting your lives. Don't forget it when you're working out, either. You've had the big run up and you're working your way down and yeah that sucks but sooner or later you'll yo yo back up and that's going to be so much ####### fun it was totally worth the sweat and the hunger pains and the sudden inability (which you've already displayed) to not talk about losing weight. You'll become fun again. Good luck becoming the new you, but what I'm really looking forward to is meeting the new old you for a beer.
:lmao:
:lmao: :lmao:
:lmao: :lmao:

Try cocaine or Adderall. Takes away that pesky appetite.

Seriously, (without reading the thread), cut out soda. Eat a nice big salad with every dinner, and stop eating fast food. If you have kids, take them for a walk around the block nightly. It gets you some exercise, wears them down, (gets them to sleep earlier, too) and then :pickle: the ol' lady 4 nights a week at least.

HTH.

top dog said:
moleculo said:

I went into a BJJ school as a fatass about 4 years ago. If you're at a school where they are not welcoming to fat people, you're in the wrong school anyway so good to learn that up front.

I took about 40 BJJ classes but after I got my feet wet with Muay Thai and boxing I found I liked that even more. I did that for the better part of 2 years and dropped about 80 pounds. Of course, then I got a herniated disc falling on the ice (what am I, 75 years old?) and had to stop for a while. I fell back into old habits and put a lot of the el bees back on (BostonFred : HAI :hifive: ). But don't let "I'm fat" be an excuse to not do something you want to try. You'll suck at it to begin with. everyone does, fat or skinny. You'll get better if you stick with it. You'll also get skinnier. as moleculo said above, its a great motivator.

top dog said:
moleculo said:

I went into a BJJ school as a fatass about 4 years ago. If you're at a school where they are not welcoming to fat people, you're in the wrong school anyway so good to learn that up front.

I took about 40 BJJ classes but after I got my feet wet with Muay Thai and boxing I found I liked that even more. I did that for the better part of 2 years and dropped about 80 pounds. Of course, then I got a herniated disc falling on the ice (what am I, 75 years old?) and had to stop for a while. I fell back into old habits and put a lot of the el bees back on (BostonFred : HAI :hifive: ). But don't let "I'm fat" be an excuse to not do something you want to try. You'll suck at it to begin with. everyone does, fat or skinny. You'll get better if you stick with it. You'll also get skinnier. as moleculo said above, its a great motivator.
You do Muay Thai on ice. Badass. You go with the broken glass on the knuckles like the finale in kickboxer. That's the only way to go.

17seconds said:
Here's what has worked for me. Get into running. Eventually you'll be addicted. It will take months to get to that point but once you get there it will drive you nuts if you don't run at least 20mi a week.

I eat everything I want and drink tons of beer and my weight doesn't change. If I want to drop a few pounds I reduce calories for a couple of weeks and it comes off fast. Then I continue in my normal eat/drink a lot and run a lot mode and my weight stays there.
I have a couple friends that run. Run crap on the weekends and stuff. Would be fun. Doc told me straight up that running would be terrible on my knee. Tore it up playing basketball with my son and ended up needing a new ACL and a post lateral corner repair (which was 2x and extensive, painful, and damaging than the ACL tear).

Running on pavement is out.
I have been medically advised against running ever again, but have found that I really enjoy biking. It's a good workout without damaging my bad knee. Doctors also recommended swimming. Maybe give one of those a try?
Biking might not be a bad plan. Except that it is September and we'll have snow on the ground here in about 2 months. Have a ten speed in the shed. Last time I tried to ride that it made my ### hurt like a mother! Probably need to invest in an old man seat or something. I like this as a plan to start next spring though.... Used to love riding bikes back in the day. Might make me feel like a kid again. I'll go find some #### to jump.
You need to "grow a seat". And note that when it comes to saddles bigger is not better. Smaller usually is. Oh, and don't jump things on a 10 speed. Chances of a broken bike a new teeth are pretty high.

Losing weight is 80% diet so focus on that - find some sort of physical activity you enjoy and stick with it - for me that's lifting heavy 3 times a week and I'm going to look into that desk-cycle for work (every little bit helps).

Also I've lost 45lbs the last 15lbs of it I've used a IIFYM approach (read about it on the bodybuilding forum). Basically you eat whatever you want you just keep your macros ratios at a certain threashold ie (200g of carbs 60g of fat 140g of protein) - also you keep your calories down where you will be losing weight.

It's great I eat whatever I want and in the last 60 days I've dropped 15lbs. On the weekend I indulge a little bit and it actually helps to spike your leptin levels which helps you lose weight.

I stil have about 45lbs to go (I started at 265 and want to get to 175) - but yeah definately concentrate on your daily calorie intake and EAT whatever the heck you want.

If you feel like Pizza eat it - heck I eat pizza 3 times a week (McCain Ultra thin crust - a whole one is around 600 cals).

no soda or processed drinks of any kind. it doesn't matter that it's diet or has zero calories, your body still has to process all the chemical crap that makes up the drink. just drink water. it gets old, but you'll adjust and your body will start to crave it just like it craves the sweet drinks now.

no booze for 90 days. with an end date, this is more manageable. after 90 days, re evaluate, you'll probably feel better without it and you will have lost weight from not drinking. if you want to drink again, do so very moderately.

these 2 plus 10-15 minutes of exercise that you're not currently doing will probably net you 20-40 pounds of weight loss in those 90 days.

you can take it a step further and prepare all your own food, that means virtually nothing out a box, can or the freezer and you'll lose another 10-15

Has anyone not worked out, eat "healthy", and have a cheat day as well with results? Serious question.
Yes. At the start of this year I had a great run for a few months and dropped about 20lbs. I did that by giving up booze and eating very healthy/light all week. I'd eat more freely on weekends, usually would have one day on the weekend approximate a "cheat" day, but by and large I ate very low cal and ate well. I didn't exercise a lick.

Even though I was only about 10lbs from my goal at that point, my wife got pregnant, the junk food began to abound in the house again, and I started drinking more again, and so I lost traction in the last few months and probably tacked about 8-10lbs back on. I'm about at the point when I'd like to get back on the wagon and give it another go. I'm still better off than I was on January 1, and I know what can work, I just need to care enough to execute.

I just really love drinking....

I've probably lost 30lbs this year by just running. Once you work up to 3-4 miles it gets easier and not torturous. Actually has a lot of mental benefits as well.

Has anyone not worked out, eat "healthy", and have a cheat day as well with results? Serious question.
Yes. At the start of this year I had a great run for a few months and dropped about 20lbs. I did that by giving up booze and eating very healthy/light all week. I'd eat more freely on weekends, usually would have one day on the weekend approximate a "cheat" day, but by and large I ate very low cal and ate well. I didn't exercise a lick.

Even though I was only about 10lbs from my goal at that point, my wife got pregnant, the junk food began to abound in the house again, and I started drinking more again, and so I lost traction in the last few months and probably tacked about 8-10lbs back on. I'm about at the point when I'd like to get back on the wagon and give it another go. I'm still better off than I was on January 1, and I know what can work, I just need to care enough to execute.

I just really love drinking....
Noted. I like to drink, too. Thanks Oats.

A word of caution, FBG diet threads have a horrible history of success. Maybe for the first 2 weeks, folks update the threads to say how well everything is going. Then either vacation, the holidays, or lack of willpower arrive, and that's the end of it. Maintaining a healthy lifestyle is hard work, time, and perseverance. Most folks lack long-term in one or more of these.

I'll try to remember to bump this thread periodically to see how you're doing. :thumbup:

Drinks are where a ton of calories hide. And it's very easy to overindulge quickly. I suggest getting a couple cases of sparking water and some lemons/limes. Cut up lemons or limes and drink this. It'll make you feel like you're having a tasty drink when in reality its just water. Or get some iced green teas. This is about all I drink now.
I tried this tonight. Went to the grocery store and picked up a lime, lemon and some sparkling water. Cut off a wedge of each, threw it in a glass with the water and ice.

It's different. I don't know that I'm in love with the sparkling water. Might just try this in some regular old water.
Powerade Zero is your friend. Tastes great.

A legit question, what problem do some folks have with working out? I'm going to guess that the typical FBG is > 30 and weight training has many many beneficial outcomes. Is 1 hour, 3x a week too much of a time commitment? Does it hurt too much? I can't wrap my head around why so many people refuse to workout.

Meh, stay fat, soooo much easier
Until you're in your 50's, your doc says you're going to die soon and then you're that guy jogging on the road that looks like he's in the fifth dimension of hell. Every time I see someone jogging that looks so out of his element I just imagine that his doc just gave him some bad news.

Last edited by a moderator:
A legit question, what problem do some folks have with working out? I'm going to guess that the typical FBG is > 30 and weight training has many many beneficial outcomes. Is 1 hour, 3x a week too much of a time commitment? Does it hurt too much? I can't wrap my head around why so many people refuse to workout.
I am almost 40. I have never liked working out. It's boring and I can think of a million other things I'd rather do than be at a gym picking things up and putting them down. That said, now I have a family. So that adds another million or more things I'd rather do than be at a gym.

I honestly can't wrap my head around why people want to workout.

For people that have a long work commute and on top of that have young kids at home, that probably is a big commitment. You probably have around 4 hours of "free" time after work. That's essentially 25% (more if you count commute) of that time. Not something that's easy to fit in.

I am almost 40. I have never liked working out. It's boring and I can think of a million other things I'd rather do than be at a gym picking things up and putting them down. That said, now I have a family. So that adds another million or more things I'd rather do than be at a gym.

You mean other than the obvious 2 of health and vanity?

You mean other than the obvious 2 of health and vanity?
Neither of my grandparents ever worked out and they lived into their 90's. They also were pretty damn good looking.

Users who are viewing this thread