What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

I post my least favorite commercials here (2 Viewers)

Ignoratio Elenchi said:
Did they change the actors in this commercial at some point?  I remember seeing this commercial last year, and I recently saw it and it's the same exact commercial except at least one of the people in it is different.  Drove me crazy for a minute and still don't know if I'm just imagining it.  

Edit: Alright, bugged me enough to look it up.  WTF?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DwEPKTn4ies

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nlT8VcWz3LY
Maybe some sort of royalties issue.  Or a problem with one of the actors.  Are the products the same?

Anyway, I love the idea of some mom walking into a room that smells and confidently masking the odor with a coating of Febreze while not addressing whatever is generating the odor. 

Maybe some sort of royalties issue.  Or a problem with one of the actors.  Are the products the same?

Anyway, I love the idea of some mom walking into a room that smells and confidently masking the odor with a coating of Febreze while not addressing whatever is generating the odor. 

Good call, never notice that.  I guess something didn't test well - would love to know.  

I can't tell in which ad the mom is more blatantly trying to get her son laid. I think she's trying harder in the first one but more likely in the second.

the buy-out for the actors was probably for one year only, and maybe some of them opted out of reshooting or adding a year? (seems strange, considering I would think getting bought out for another year without having to work would be an actor's dream).

Ignoratio Elenchi said:
Did they change the actors in this commercial at some point?  I remember seeing this commercial last year, and I recently saw it and it's the same exact commercial except at least one of the people in it is different.  Drove me crazy for a minute and still don't know if I'm just imagining it.  

Edit: Alright, bugged me enough to look it up.  WTF?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DwEPKTn4ies

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nlT8VcWz3LY
There is also a free TV commercial where they did this with the woman drinking coffee at the kitchen counter, and they show her somewhere else later on where her butt looks a lot bigger (I thought they did a great job of choosing the angle in the one shot, so I noticed).  The Ad looks like it preys on the elderly.  It's for a TV antenna and they make it seem like it's revolutionary.  I always think of the SNL fake commercial from the Hartman days where they are selling the elderly "robot insurance".

I'm not a violent person, but I would gleefully shove My Pillow Guy off a cliff. 

Whoops buddy, your shirt is covered in blood. Hope it's machine "warshable". Jackass. Congrats on filling a pillowcase with chunks of foam. ####. Off.
...but it's Made in America!...

Chevy... Just... STOP.

You did NOT build an entire warehouse with a contraption to pull cars out of a massive hole in the floor just so "regular people, not actors" could say "Wow!" 

You just didn't.

And your spokesman is still a d-bag. 

And the blonde ##### with the attitude needs to be publically shamed.  

DallasDMac said:
Any commercial (normally local businesses) that include their pets. No, your dog isn't the cutest thing ever, no I don't care WTF his name is, and no, I won't come to your furniture store to look at your selection now that I know you let your dog climb on, sleep on, and slobber all over the entire selection.
Agreed, but also their ugly no-talent kids.

I'm not a violent person, but I would gleefully shove My Pillow Guy off a cliff. 

Whoops buddy, your shirt is covered in blood. Hope it's machine "warshable". Jackass. Congrats on filling a pillowcase with chunks of foam. ####. Off.
I find it difficult to believe that a crackhead would con people into believing he invented the most comfortable pillow you will ever own.

DallasDMac said:
You know, our local news will do product tests on stuff like this every once in awhile. In this case, they had the two local anchors try these things out. TBH, they loved them. The female news anchor was even joking (I think) how they weren't getting hers back. I wouldn't pay that for a pillow but, apparently, they are actually pretty comfortable.
I have one and love it.  It took some getting used to as the texture isn't the same as a regular pillow, but it is perfect for me.

DallasDMac said:
How much did you pay? Isn't it like $99 for two? Or does it depend on the "quality level" or whatever?
The whole $99 for two media deal is a sham.  If you walk into the store, regular price is $50 each

DallasDMac said:
Any commercial (normally local businesses) that include their pets. No, your dog isn't the cutest thing ever, no I don't care WTF his name is, and no, I won't come to your furniture store to look at your selection now that I know you let your dog climb on, sleep on, and slobber all over the entire selection.
donde esta rosco?

Just to pile on the Chevy commercials:  The one where Chevy beard guy is showing the real people footage of Black Friday mobs fighting, then tries to compare that to buying a car or truck at a dealership is horrible.  No one car shopping camps outside for 2 days to get the best deal.

Just to pile on the Chevy commercials:  The one where Chevy beard guy is showing the real people footage of Black Friday mobs fighting, then tries to compare that to buying a car or truck at a dealership is horrible.  No one car shopping camps outside for 2 days to get the best deal.
but what if it looks like a lexshsus?

Can we petition college football to find a new sponsor so we can get rid of the Dr. Pepper guy?  Let's forget for a second that the character they've created was never funny to begin with; that nerdy middle-aged white guys with bad shorts and socks lost comedic value with Revenge of the Nerds 2.  My question is this:  Has anybody here ever seen any college football anywhere outside of Utah get so excited for soda pop?  Has anybody ever stumbled around a tailgate on a quest for Dr. Pepper, as if it's some sort of liquid cocaine?  Just stop already.

Terrible. They cut to the blonde mom who's appalled "I would never shop for a car like that". Um, yeah but that never once happened in the history of mankind. 

Can we petition college football to find a new sponsor so we can get rid of the Dr. Pepper guy?  Let's forget for a second that the character they've created was never funny to begin with; that nerdy middle-aged white guys with bad shorts and socks lost comedic value with Revenge of the Nerds 2.  My question is this:  Has anybody here ever seen any college football anywhere outside of Utah get so excited for soda pop?  Has anybody ever stumbled around a tailgate on a quest for Dr. Pepper, as if it's some sort of liquid cocaine?  Just stop already.
"I can see, that you're happy to be stuck with me" - Huey Lewis stuck in my head all day

Also, what in tarnation is Values.com and how in the hell can they afford to run that stupid commercial so many times during the largest sporting events in the country?  You know the one I'm talking about?  It has John Denver's "Annie's Song" against the backdrop of what looks like Best Of National Geographic USA pictures and videos.  Die already.

Plus, its not exactly like the process of buying a new car is enjoyable, even if you aren't fighting black Friday crowds.  

Agree for the most part, but the line "Yeah, and you got a really steep driveway!" cracks me up for some reason.

Terrible. They cut to the blonde mom who's appalled "I would never shop for a car like that". Um, yeah but that never once happened in the history of mankind. 
"I'd never buy a car like that"....  but I'll take Friday off work and gouge out someone's eyes for a 20" flat screen for $10 below retail.

Also... the other Chevy commercial for the hatchback - business in the front, party in the back girl is like nails on a chalkboard.  They're all so bad.

New Sprint commercials with the former "Can you hear me now?" Verizon guy.  

Don't know about your area but Sprint sucks balls around here - within 1% of service quality my ###.  

The former Verizon guy comes on a lot more effeminate than the old Verizon commercials - seems like it was done very purposely.  

Is this a planned marketing move?  

Anyway - the entire basis of the commercial is fundamentally a big lie - their service sucks.   

That Southwest Air lip sync commercial is really bad.

IMO the lifetime achievement award for terrible commercials belongs to Kit Kat.  They have been making consistently some of the worst commercials on TV for many years.

The Southwest Airlines bad lip sync commercials.  Painful.
I really don't get the commercial.  Was the point to have the lip syncers to be that bad?  Did the producers look at the finished product and think "yes, this is what we were going for?"  I just don't get how something that bad gets finalized.

I really don't get the commercial.  Was the point to have the lip syncers to be that bad?  Did the producers look at the finished product and think "yes, this is what we were going for?"  I just don't get how something that bad gets finalized.
My guess is that they tried to make the commercials campy to make them funny.  They missed their mark.

"I'd never buy a car like that"....  but I'll take Friday off work and gouge out someone's eyes for a 20" flat screen for $10 below retail.

Also... the other Chevy commercial for the hatchback - business in the front, party in the back girl is like nails on a chalkboard.  They're all so bad.
Don't forget her saying "the headlights look like an Audi".... in the form of a question.  Effing upspeak drives me bananas.

Users who are viewing this thread