What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

I post my least favorite commercials here (3 Viewers)

I'm on the fence with the Peloton commercial where the wife says to her husband on his bike, "YOU WANT MORE!?!?!?!". She then follows up with something like "See you at home."

It's borderline annoying but kinda hot at the same time. Might need shuke's ruling on this one.
came here to post the same thing.

incredibly annoying - but more frustrating is ...why that line? why that situation? what are we identifying with here - so I guess they are targeting successful 30 somethings - ok but what the feeling and setting here that is trying to drive to some point they have spent a lot of money making?

I just don't get it. help.

I'm on the fence with the Peloton commercial where the wife says to her husband on his bike, "YOU WANT MORE!?!?!?!". She then follows up with something like "See you at home."

It's borderline annoying but kinda hot at the same time. Might need shuke's ruling on this one.
came here to post the same thing.

incredibly annoying - but more frustrating is ...why that line? why that situation? what are we identifying with here - so I guess they are targeting successful 30 somethings - ok but what the feeling and setting here that is trying to drive to some point they have spent a lot of money making?

I just don't get it. help.

That’s because it’s not a Peloton Ad, it’s a Lexus ad. At the beginning of the ad, the husband is biking indoors and the trainer on the screen yells “You Want More!” At him. He then looks wistfully outside and then we next cut to him actually biking outside and enjoying the outdoors before his wife pulls up and calls back to the same line.

No idea what the concept is, is it a dig at Peloton, was it going for the post-COVID get outside movement, and how does that relate to buying a Lexus of all things? It’s just poor messaging all around. Plus there is a version that cuts the beginning with the trainer so it makes even less sense.

Edit: I only know this because I got the ad endlessly while watching something on streaming the other day.

Not really a 'least favorite commercial' type post, just an observation.

Anyone else notice during prescription commercials, the main actor/actress faces away from the camera while an obvious voice-over tells of the negative aspects of the drug? They all do it. It must be some kind of weird law.

Anyone else notice during prescription commercials, the main actor/actress faces away from the camera while an obvious voice-over tells of the negative aspects of the drug? They all do it. It must be some kind of weird law.
I've made sure to pay more attention to these commercials since your post and to be honest I haven't seen this at all. :shrug:

I've made sure to pay more attention to these commercials since your post and to be honest I haven't seen this at all. :shrug:
I have thought the same thing. Definitely paid more attention and didn't notice this.

Not prescriptions, but a local personal injury law firm commercial that depicts evil insurance co execs plotting to lowball a settlement offer.
Then someone says "On no, they've hired [ ]", but the speaking character is off screen and it's an obvious dub.
No doubt so the commercial can be used in multiple markets with a local firm name inserted.

I have come to the realization that fine print on ads should be illegal. If it is important enough to say then put it so a person can read it without a magnifying glass or the the speed reading capability of someone that can read really fast.

I have come to the realization that fine print on ads should be illegal. If it is important enough to say then put it so a person can read it without a magnifying glass or the the speed reading capability of someone that can read really fast.
This obviously varies by product/commercial but some fine print is now necessary because jackasses sue for a joke and/or "stunt"

This obviously varies by product/commercial but some fine print is now necessary because jackasses sue for a joke and/or "stunt"
I can agree with that. I guess I'm mostly referring to drug ads specifically targeting aging individuals and ads make outrageous claims, which are basically modern day snake oil salesmen.

The T Mobile ad with the guys from Scrubs. Maybe it is a local thing, but they play that d*mn thing literally 50 times a day here. I am so sick and tired of it. Mute has become a reflex action. I'm afraid if I ever run in to one of those guys on the street, I might just stab them before I can gather control of my senses.

Not a commercial, but the fake soldier with the d-bag eyebrows peering over the canteen from the Camp Lejeune water lawsuit ads can choke on whatever he’s drinking.

Not necessarily a bad commercial, but I think ESPN needs to play the one where the team mascot is winding down after a long day and offers his last beer to his rival mascot a few more times.

Dooo dooo doo doooooo doo doo doo doo doooooo...

Literally on every time they break.

Anytime they have an athlete in an ad, they have to either do their sport or use stupid sports references. "Jones Chevrolet hits the competition out of the park"
Olympic gymnasts vaulting to the top of roofs. And the ones where Serena hits tennis balls in that matrix thing was just awful.

Roomba commercial where it encounters dog poop on the carpet. When they zoom out at the end, there is a couple and a dog sitting on the couch watching TV. Who in their right mind sits around watching TV with a dog turd on the carpet 10' away??
Just saw this commercial three times during an Impractical Jokers and was thinking the same thing and came here to post. I think I've heard the commercial before (just didn't have my eyes on the screen) and just thought the whole control room thing was annoying, but that is just plain stupid. Nice big fresh turd right there in the room with them oblivious on the couch. Guess it wouldn't have mattered much after all if the robot ran over it and spread it around a bit.

Users who are viewing this thread