What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Ideas to 'solve' the Westboro Baptist church problem (1 Viewer)

There is nothing to solve. I want them right where they are spewing the sewage they do in the light so everyone can see it. I personally believe they played a part in how quickly gay went from eww to pretty much who cares so quickly.
The problem is that there presence is upsetting to funeral mourners. Their "display" infringes on the mourners rights.There is no chance that their ideas gain any traction, but who wants a clown show when you are trying to pay your last respects?
OH NO! People are upset?!?!

meatwad likes this
Did that guy wind up leaving this board? It had to be rough for him once it became known he was westboro.
ummmm.what?
:goodposting:

Meatwad was from westboro?
I thought so, or some similar group.

The guy I'm talking about is "meatwad1". Even his logo is something like "first things first, faith and family". He was last active in 12/14 which I think was around the time that he posted that he was joining a Westboro protest or something like that and he took a bunch of #### for it and apparently left.

If I'm wrong please correct me, but this is my understanding and recollection.
There are good reasons why we are protesting in Wisconsin. None of which I think you would understand.

one other thing that is awesome is to see a bunch of people form a wall and just keep them out and away it is pretty powerful to me at least to see a bunch of good guys show up and actually form a real wall against hate pretty great if you ask me take that to the bank brochachos

i think almost nobody here understands "the problem"

the right to free speech does not include the right to repress the speech rights of others

Emerson Biggens said:
:confused: They're just people preaching the bible.
"God Hates F a gs " - very popular bible verse.

They're despicable, rude, hateful pieces of ####.
Is it really any worse than 'they hate us for our freedoms'?

They seem a lot more peaceful and civilized than the collective shows forth.
Seen this?

The Most Hated Family in America
lol. see post I think #3 of this thread, where I linked to that video. I don't agree with their message in the slightest, but where most people 'act on their ideals' by punching a ticket in a voting booth, prescribing their message to the whole nation, the individuals involved with WBC dedicate their life to their message. And to further separate them, because people to the likes of Ralph Nader have also dedicated their lives to their messages, the individuals involved with WBC have done so without the advocation for force. This sort of dedication is what it would take for a free society to flourish, so I appreciate their actions, while disagreeing with what they advocate for.

Emerson Biggens said:

Seen this?

Actually what they dedicate their lives to is trying to get people to do stuff they can sue them for. They are just another family of grifters.

Seen this?

What do those jihadist who are pissed about the mohamed cartoons say? 'We'll meet your freedom of speech with our freedom of action'? ;)

I would run them down and punch them in the face too if they were protesting one of my loved ones funerals, but it wouldn't make me the more right or civilized one.

Violence against the "bigoted" children is acceptable. Didn't go far enough judging by the comments.

areligious, non-traditional families
You spelled "unchurched leftists" wrong.
Six of one, half a dozen of the other.

I know that phrase gets a lot of giggles around here but it's absolutely true. There is a broad lack of historical and customary knowledge of religion these days. Considering an ever increasing number of Americans never set foot inside of a church, how could there not be? I can't tell you how many times I've seen people here throw out what they think is a clever argument against religion while getting the fundamental facts completely wrong. Take for example one I see commonly used by secularists to highlight supposed Biblical inconsistencies, the Old Testament's dietary laws against consuming shellfish. What they do not know is that Judaic dietary laws (Kashrut) no longer apply to Christians and there is a direct passage reference as to why in the New Testament. (Acts 10:9-15)

The attacks by secularists on Christianity stem just as often from sheer ignorance as they do from political motivations.

I know that phrase gets a lot of giggles around here but it's absolutely true. There is a broad lack of historical and customary knowledge of religion these days. Considering an ever increasing number of Americans never set foot inside of a church, how could there not be? I can't tell you how many times I've seen people here throw out what they think is a clever argument against religion while getting the fundamental facts completely wrong. Take for example one I see commonly used by secularists to highlight supposed Biblical inconsistencies, the Old Testament's dietary laws against consuming shellfish. What they do not know is that Judaic dietary laws (Kashrut) no longer apply to Christians and there is a direct passage reference as to why in the New Testament. (Acts 10:9-15)

The attacks by secularists on Christianity stem just as often from sheer ignorance as they do from political motivations.
I blame the Radical Homosexual Agenda.

If the conventional churchies hadn't been so willing to persecute those outside the mainstream of society when they were running the show, perhaps they wouldn't be running into all this blowback now. They held power for a long time and they succeeded mostly in alienating a growing number of Americans.

If the conventional churchies hadn't been so willing to persecute those outside the mainstream of society when they were running the show, perhaps they wouldn't be running into all this blowback now. They held power for a long time and they succeeded mostly in alienating a growing number of Americans.
the shellfish thing was the last straw for me.

Just awful. Our new culture of silencing people with different opinions by any means necessary is ridiculous and somewhat scary.

What a load. I have read the Bible end to end more often than any Christian I know. It just another mythology no different from any other mythology that has ever existed. In fact it is so derivative it is laughable that everyone doesn't see through it from the get. Took me until I was 10 to see through it. One big con.

But that's how they held onto power so long. Until recently the biggest threat you could make to someone is that they would be ostracized from their community and be treated like those outcasts. Now when churches threaten that few people care (outside of small towns).

Take for example one I see commonly used by secularists to highlight supposed Biblical inconsistencies, the Old Testament's dietary laws against consuming shellfish. What they do not know is that Judaic dietary laws (Kashrut) no longer apply to Christians and there is a direct passage reference as to why in the New Testament. (Acts 10:9-15)
One kind of stupid ####ing 'omniscient' God changes his mind within a thousand or so human years?

Take for example one I see commonly used by secularists to highlight supposed Biblical inconsistencies, the Old Testament's dietary laws against consuming shellfish. What they do not know is that Judaic dietary laws (Kashrut) no longer apply to Christians and there is a direct passage reference as to why in the New Testament. (Acts 10:9-15)
One kind of stupid ####ing 'omniscient' God changes his mind within a thousand or so human years?
How many kinds should be the proper amount?

But that's how they held onto power so long. Until recently the biggest threat you could make to someone is that they would be ostracized from their community and be treated like those outcasts. Now when churches threaten that few people care (outside of small towns).
It was more than ostracization; you could go to jail for some of the "sins" that are acceptable today. This "silencing free speech" kick that the traditionalists are on is nothing more than code for trying to impose their morality they way they always have and increasingly being told to GFT. Few dared to oppose them a few decades ago and they don't like the loss of power even a little bit.

Last edited by a moderator:

It was more than ostracization; you could go to jail for some of the "sins" that are acceptable today. This "silencing free speech" kick that the traditionalists are on is nothing more than code for trying to impose their morality they way they always have and increasingly being told to GFT. Few dared to oppose them a few decades ago and they don't like the loss of power even a little bit.
Yep!

CHURCHES: You're a horrible person... you're a sinner... you're going to hell.

PEOPLE: Okay. Whatever dude.

CHURCHES: NO REALLY! YOu better get your #### together or you'll burn for eternity.

PEOPLE: Leave me alone

CHURCHES: You sinner... I can save you. Come join us or you'll burn.

PEOPLE: ####

CHURCHES: Whoa whoa whoa... that's uncalled for. You're oppressing us.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread