What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Idiot drivers (1 Viewer)

On the way to work yesterday, a motorcycle rider passes me doing 60 on a country road with speed limit 55. No big deal, I get it, I'm not driving fast enough. We turn right onto a 4 lane road, I go into the right lane as he's in the left going slightly slower than I am after 200'. Soon, some sportscar (didn't get a real good look) speeds around the motorcycle and gets behind me. I slow down a little on an uphill and the cyclist catches up, starts going ahead of me. So Mario decides to get behind him. Jax slows down on the downhill (don't know why), so I start passing him. Mario speeds up to get behind me, but now we're going back uphill and I intentionally slow down to get Mario to slow down. Mario gets back over... we do this about 4 times before I'm far enough ahead for Mario to cut Jax off and immediately get caught behind 10 cars at a red light. I'm 10' ahead of them and Jax goes over to Mario and I watch in my rearview mirror while Jax looks like he's telling Mario to slow the F down. I kept an eye out for a minute to see if we'd have to call the cops. But the light turned green and Jax turned left. Mario follows me for a few minutes but eventually I lose track of him in traffic.

Granted, I was playing with Mario a bit.
This reminded me of a math word problem. Or one of those games they play on the Jumbotron at ball games with the three cups. I got lost quickly.
I'm picturing the side-by-side tractor trailer issue, but one's a motorcycle and the other's an SUV or something.

On the way to work yesterday, a motorcycle rider passes me doing 60 on a country road with speed limit 55. No big deal, I get it, I'm not driving fast enough. We turn right onto a 4 lane road, I go into the right lane as he's in the left going slightly slower than I am after 200'. Soon, some sportscar (didn't get a real good look) speeds around the motorcycle and gets behind me. I slow down a little on an uphill and the cyclist catches up, starts going ahead of me. So Mario decides to get behind him. Jax slows down on the downhill (don't know why), so I start passing him. Mario speeds up to get behind me, but now we're going back uphill and I intentionally slow down to get Mario to slow down. Mario gets back over... we do this about 4 times before I'm far enough ahead for Mario to cut Jax off and immediately get caught behind 10 cars at a red light. I'm 10' ahead of them and Jax goes over to Mario and I watch in my rearview mirror while Jax looks like he's telling Mario to slow the F down. I kept an eye out for a minute to see if we'd have to call the cops. But the light turned green and Jax turned left. Mario follows me for a few minutes but eventually I lose track of him in traffic.

"Playing with Mario" was a #### move by you

No its not. If the driver in front see up ahead that there is a line of cars or red lights from cars (meaning a slow down) then where is the speedster going to go? Its not like if the driver in front should speed up to let the speedster get in front to simply have to press on the brakes in a few seconds. Speedster is at fault here and the motorcycle guy did the right thing by, hopefully, talking to speedster in a calm manner. Zero sympathy for speedster given the scenario.

No its not. If the driver in front see up ahead that there is a line of cars or red lights from cars (meaning a slow down) then where is the speedster going to go? Its not like if the driver in front should speed up to let the speedster get in front to simply have to press on the brakes in a few seconds. Speedster is at fault here and the motorcycle guy did the right thing by, hopefully, talking to speedster in a calm manner. Zero sympathy for speedster given the scenario.
Total **** move.

You are not a traffic cop or traffic monitor.

Instead of allowing faster traffic to pass, you decided to be a #### and slow him down on purpose. Congratulations

Total **** move.

You are not a traffic cop or traffic monitor.

Instead of allowing faster traffic to pass, you decided to be a #### and slow him down on purpose. Congratulations
I just hit Mario with a blue shell when he gets too far out in front.

Total **** move.You are not a traffic cop or traffic monitor.

Blue Shells were invented by communists.

I usually use red shells, but the blue ones were on sale.

I usually use red shells, but the blue ones were on sale.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=03eNODCDdqY

Last edited by a moderator:
I am being driven to madness by all the drivers in the left lane who are completely oblivious to the line of cars behind them, while refusing the common courtesy of moving into a slower lane. No, it's all about them.

It also makes too many drivers try to maneuver in and out of the slower lanes in an attempt to finally get around the perpetrator, which isn't real safe.

The other day it was so bad that when I finally got by this idiot, I slowed down to a point where they had to change lanes to get by me. Yeah, I showed them, lol. :bag:

Sonny Lubick Blowup Doll said:
I am being driven to madness by all the drivers in the left lane who are completely oblivious to the line of cars behind them, while refusing the common courtesy of moving into a slower lane. No, it's all about them.

It also makes too many drivers try to maneuver in and out of the slower lanes in an attempt to finally get around the perpetrator, which isn't real safe.

The other day it was so bad that when I finally got by this idiot, I slowed down to a point where they had to change lanes to get by me. Yeah, I showed them, lol. :bag:
That sort of thing is now against the law here in Texas. Cops will ticket you.

Hater No. 1: California. Drivers from the Golden State have dark thoughts about drivers from Arizona, Arkansas, Colorado, Nevada, New York, Oregon, Texas, Utah and even Vermont.
California has the best drivers I've seen but we hate tourist drivers. Rarely have a problem with California drivers (still the occasional cell phone guy).

Hater No. 1: California. Drivers from the Golden State have dark thoughts about drivers from Arizona, Arkansas, Colorado, Nevada, New York, Oregon, Texas, Utah and even Vermont.
California has the best drivers I've seen but we hate tourist drivers. Rarely have a problem with California drivers (still the occasional cell phone guy).
I used to think CA drivers were better than most when I lived there... then I spent 3 months driving across and around the country and the second I crossed the stateline back home I realized this; they're horrible. All over the place, slow in the left, zipping in and out changing lanes, tailgating, no signaling, inconsistent rates of speed, aggressive. And that was before cel-phones. I can only imagine now.

Rain...makes....my....commute......MISERABLE.

Admittedly, we need rain so badly, but I still am amazed how badly a little rain can mess up an otherwise normal commute. People just basically start driving however they want...50 on any lane in on the interstate...saw a guy repeatedly passing via on-ramps who then couldn't get over and ended up behind most of the cars he passed...saw one of my favorites, the indecisive lane changer who rides on the line until one lane stops...I love rain.

Not sure why I thought of this today, but people in traffic who brake when they hit ice. This causes everyone else to have to brake, including the people who are now actually ON the ice.

Not sure why I thought of this today, but people in traffic who brake when they hit ice. This causes everyone else to have to brake, including the people who are now actually ON the ice.
Or his cousin, the SUV guy who thinks that he can cruise along at 70 on ice because he has 4wd.

Hey moron, you don't need the green arrow to turn left at the intersection. The light is still green for everyone and no traffic coming, make the damn turn. The green arrow does not possess magical powers. :wall:

Hey moron, you don't need the green arrow to turn left at the intersection. The light is still green for everyone and no traffic coming, make the damn turn. The green arrow does not possess magical powers. :wall:
Oh, yeah.

And here, we have right on red after a stop. Some people seem to be unable to grasp the concept.

How about the "I've got a green arrow but I'm still going to stop, look all around and inch out into the turn because i don't trust it." guy.

How about the "I've got a green arrow but I'm still going to stop, look all around and inch out into the turn because i don't trust it." guy.
I live right above a green left turn arrow stop light.

Half of the people pull into that thing having no idea it's there. The other half pull into it with their hand hovering 1/16" above their horns, waiting to see the other light turn amber before instantly going full tilt with the horns.

it's awesome living here.

Oh, yeah.

And here, we have right on red after a stop. Some people seem to be unable to grasp the concept.
Are there places in the US where it's just assumed to be known that you can't turn right on red after a stop? Like, no signs saying not to do it, but you can't? I turn right on red unless explicitly prohibited by sign.

Oh, yeah.

Are there places in the US where it's just assumed to be known that you can't turn right on red after a stop? Like, no signs saying not to do it, but you can't? I turn right on red unless explicitly prohibited by sign.
it's illegal to make a right on red in NYC... at least in Manhattan- but pretty sure in the other boroughs too.

the tourists that make the right cause serious mayhem.

Oh, yeah.

it's illegal to make a right on red in NYC... at least in Manhattan- but pretty sure in the other boroughs too.

I live in NJ and drive into NYC a lot...I'm not sure if I ever knew that. I'm trying to think of whether I've ever done this...can't remember explicitly doing it...but I'm a very opportunistic driver, so I may have...

Anywhere else that people know of? Just trying to avoid issues if, like, the whole state of Idaho has banned right on red.

Oh, yeah.

I live in NJ and drive into NYC a lot...I'm not sure if I ever knew that. I'm trying to think of whether I've ever done this...can't remember explicitly doing it...but I'm a very opportunistic driver, so I may have...

Anywhere else that people know of? Just trying to avoid issues if, like, the whole state of Idaho has banned right on red.
I'm not sure why I know this, but I believe a right on red is illegal in a certain province in Canada. Or, at least it used to be back in the late 80's. Quebec, maybe. I don't remember.

Oh, yeah.

They have signs to that effect on entrance points to the city. Too many pedestrians to allow RoR.

Oh, yeah.

I'm not sure why I know this, but I believe a right on red is illegal in a certain province in Canada. Or, at least it used to be back in the late 80's. Quebec, maybe. I don't remember.
Helpful

Oh, yeah.

Helpful
:bowtie:

TheIronSheik said:
I've never been to Canada, but I envision it as always being snow covered, with Moose and Mounties in their red jackets everywhere. I feel like if I made a right on red in Canada, a Mountie would swoop down from out of nowhere and write me some sort of strange Canadian ticket, although I'm not sure how a horse pulls over a car. I also imagine the ticket would be very very polite, basically telling me that they'd appreciate it if I paid the ticket, but if I didn't they'd understand.

Clearly I have some stereotypes here. Maybe I should go to Canada some day.

TheIronSheik said:
I've never been to Canada, but I envision it as always being snow covered, with Moose and Mounties in their red jackets everywhere. I feel like if I made a right on red in Canada, a Mountie would swoop down from out of nowhere and write me some sort of strange Canadian ticket, although I'm not sure how a horse pulls over a car. I also imagine the ticket would be very very polite, basically telling me that they'd appreciate it if I paid the ticket, but if I didn't they'd understand.

I imagine that same thing. Is the Mountie eating poudine in your vision?

Checked wikipedia. Looks like they changed it back in 2003.

Throughout most of Canada, a driver may turn right at a red light after coming to a complete stop unless a sign indicates otherwise. In the province of Quebec, turning right on a red was illegal until a pilot study carried out in 2003 showed that the right turn on red manoeuvre did not result in significantly more accidents. Subsequent to the study, the Province of Quebec now allows right turns on red except where prohibited by a sign. However, owing to locally specific safety concerns,[vague] it remains illegal to turn right on a red anywhere on the Island of Montreal.[7] Motorists are reminded of this by large signs posted at the entrance to all bridges.

TheIronSheik said:

Yes...and the Moose too.

TheIronSheik said:

Yes...and the Moose too.
Also, I've been to Canada. And although it's not quite what we are envisioning, I imagine that's because I was in a rare spot.

TheIronSheik said:

Yes...and the Moose too.
Also, I've been to Canada. And although it's not quite what we are envisioning, I imagine that's because I was in a rare spot.
So...I just need to avoid THAT spot. Got it.

That sort of thing is now against the law here in Texas. Cops will ticket you.
Right. Happens about as often as unicorn sitings.

Hey #######, there is a reason they paint white lines on the streets telling you where to stop at a red light. So when you stop 2 car lengths after the thick white stripe, don't get pissed at me when you have to reverse because I can't turn the corner in my truck. Notice that when you back up behind the line I now have plenty of clearance to make my turn. Jerkoff!!!!

Hey #######, there is a reason they paint white lines on the streets telling you where to stop at a red light. So when you stop 2 car lengths after the thick white stripe, don't get pissed at me when you have to reverse because I can't turn the corner in my truck. Notice that when you back up behind the line I now have plenty of clearance to make my turn. Jerkoff!!!!
I usually get out of my car and explain to them that after the white line they are IN the intersection and our traffic laws say anyone in the intersection after the light goes red is supposed to complete the turn and not block the intersection. Then I get back in my car and give them the finger as they look in their mirror at me and do the same.

I've noticed that this is especially bad in PA. Not saying it doesn't happen elsewhere, but it seems like no one stops at the white line in PA. Hell, they even have signs at those white lines with an arrow pointing at the white line and saying, "Stop here". Yet people always seem to pull up to the intersection.

I can't even tell you how many people I've seen this summer who don't realize that a traffic light that's out because of a power failure is supposed to be treated as a four-way stop.

(I'm not sure if this is true in every state, but it is in NY.)
Yup. People just fly through them. I was watching the news one morning before work and they had an intersection with the lights out. The reporter was standing out there saying "It's a four way stop" when a car blew through the intersection and hit another car. I never understood how anyone can see a busy intersection and think, "Hmm... Traffic lights are out? Must be my lucky day! Don't have to stop."
The problem is that it's not always the case. Many lights in my area will go to blinking red lights for one road and flashing yellow for the other road when the power goes out.If the power is totally out though, yeah, it becomes a 4 way stop.
Argh. Had storms go through this evening with wind and hail. One of the intersections nearby had blinking red both ways. A third of the people seemed to know what to do. Another third stopped and seemed to wait for it to turn green. The other third, of course, just drove right through.

So frustrating.

I've noticed that this is especially bad in PA. Not saying it doesn't happen elsewhere, but it seems like no one stops at the white line in PA. Hell, they even have signs at those white lines with an arrow pointing at the white line and saying, "Stop here". Yet people always seem to pull up to the intersection.
Are you talking about in the city or in the burbs? I get it if you will block the intersection as the light changes because of traffic. But if you're in the suburbs you're pretty much a #### if you sit at the white line and don't allow turn lane drivers to get through. When did drivers stop following this etiquette? It annoys me to no end.

I go through a school zone every day a half mile from my house. There's an elementary school and middle school right next to each other. Lots of kids on the sidewalks. 25mph zone

Almost every day I'm going about 27mph and there is somebody tailgating the hell out of me, sometimes waving their arms in disgust. A 45mph zone starts and I usually move over to the right because I turn right a few blocks up. As I'm gradually speeding up to 45mph+, this person slams on the gas and zooms past me on the left at 50mph+ coming right out of the school zone. Still kids in the area. Many times I point at signs or mouth SCHOOL ZONE. It's like they don'[t even see it.

WTF? Maybe you just like don't mind breaking the law and if you run over a kid doing it, well whatever

I go through a school zone every day a half mile from my house. There's an elementary school and middle school right next to each other. Lots of kids on the sidewalks. 25mph zone

Almost every day I'm going about 27mph and there is somebody tailgating the hell out of me, sometimes waving their arms in disgust. A 45mph zone starts and I usually move over to the right because I turn right a few blocks up. As I'm gradually speeding up to 45mph+, this person slams on the gas and zooms past me on the left at 50mph+ coming right out of the school zone. Still kids in the area. Many times I point at signs or mouth SCHOOL ZONE. It's like they don'[t even see it.

WTF? Maybe you just like don't mind breaking the law and if you run over a kid doing it, well whatever
Yea that's an utter dooshbag right there. I get annoyed when people are doing 35 in a 45 on a side road, but it's universally understood that you slow the #### down in School zones.

Yea that's an utter dooshbag right there. I get annoyed when people are doing 35 in a 45 on a side road, but it's universally understood that you slow the #### down in School zones.
Complete losers. If I was a cop I would sit right there every day during the school mornings and afternoons and get every last one of them pigs. Our school zones are 15, you can only imagine the impatience that goes on through those streets. #### you, I have kids walking these streets, I'm doing the speed limit, slow the #### down. :angry: :rant:

I can't stand the drivers who use me as a blocker so they can speed. I do speed pretty much all the time and I hate those guys that you pass on the freeway and then they speed up and mirror my speed from a couple car lengths back...
Why? It make you stand out less to a cop as well. I do this heading through Wisconsin all the time. Get a caravan sometimes and fly.
My thoughts as well. The more the merrier as far as I'm concerned, as long as everyone's giving each other space and driving respectfully. It is nice if others take turns in front, though, if you're together for a long time.
I was driving down I-95 through SC a few years ago, on a weekday at about 2AM. Six cars, myself included, fell into this perfect pack. We got in line, gave each other olenty of space, and did about 90-95 mph. About every few minutes, the front car would pull to the righy and drop to the back of the line (like the Tour de France) We kept that up for about an hour and a half, until a few exited. It was a cool driving experience, how everyone was courteous and cool with each other.

I'm easily amused, I guess.

Report the area to the police... around here they'll set up a speed trap in the school zone.

Users who are viewing this thread