What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

IDP Weekly Waiver Wire Targets (3 Viewers)

I picked up Donald Payne last week in a dynasty league. He has 3 consecutive pretty big weeks. Is there any long term value there or will he go back to a reserve role next year? I know it's a little early to tell but what are the opinions on his chances of being a long term dynasty value?

Jags LB core looks to have zero certainty for 2020. Worth a hold for sure but obviously depends on roster size and who else would be dropped 

Jags LB core looks to have zero certainty for 2020. Worth a hold for sure but obviously depends on roster size and who else would be dropped 
Also there will be very likely a HC change in Jacksonville this off season. The change could be a positive for Payne (new coaching staff comes in with zero ties to existing roster, so players that perform, play. Myles Jack has been an underachiever). Or the change in HC could be negative for Payne if they switch their defensive scheme or want to bring in "their guys".

I agree with FE, Payne has shown enough to be worth a hold. But, it is dependent on who you would have to drop to keep him. If Payne is your LB4, I would keep him.

Last edited by a moderator:
MFL shows Donald Payne as 5'11" and 217 LB. He has had 3 great games but doesn't sound like a very big for a high tackles LBer. Should that be a concern for his long term value?

MFL shows Donald Payne as 5'11" and 217 LB. He has had 3 great games but doesn't sound like a very big for a high tackles LBer. Should that be a concern for his long term value?
He's given up 16 receptions and 2 TDs on 18 targets in 101 coverage snaps. No passes defensed. That's 14 tackle opportunities right there. He has a PFF grade of 27.9. I write all of this because I haven't watched the Jags since he started playing, so I can't say for myself whether he's any good or not. But it sure doesn't sound like it. Myles Jack will be back next year. Telvin Smith might come back in 2020 now that Tom Coughlin's gone. I'd rather add a DL prospect than hold Payne into the offseason.

tripp said:
He's given up 16 receptions and 2 TDs on 18 targets in 101 coverage snaps. No passes defensed. That's 14 tackle opportunities right there. He has a PFF grade of 27.9. I write all of this because I haven't watched the Jags since he started playing, so I can't say for myself whether he's any good or not. But it sure doesn't sound like it. Myles Jack will be back next year. Telvin Smith might come back in 2020 now that Tom Coughlin's gone. I'd rather add a DL prospect than hold Payne into the offseason.
So he's Paul Worrilow 2.0?

Payne is going to be a tough call for me when we have to trim rosters. He has put up monster tackle numbers in each of his starts.

This seemed like as good as place as any for this:

Eagles released Nigel Bradham.  This may open up an every down role for Nate Gerry.  Gerry performed well down the stretch and is worth a speculative add if you have room. 

Users who are viewing this thread