What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

"If you love something, let it go. If it comes back to you, its yo (3 Viewers)

You can't block her number.

1. Her texts keep this thread alive.

2. She needs you.

2. YOU DON'T WANT TO.

Be gentle when you finally see her again. You are both equally hurt.

So far no further text messages. I'm at work so wouldn't matter much anyways. I'm going out tonight so should be good to go.

She tried to take the dog previously (I briefly mentioned it when she first started contact about a week ago) and when I wouldn't let her take the dog home she was pissed, but a few days later she said I could keep the dog.

At this point she could have the dog if it meant her stopping contact, but at the same time I have an attachment to the dog too (have always had dogs growing up) and I have a feeling giving her the dog wouldn't stop her anyways if things are going south with PT.

My GB GF/her roommate always said that my ex felt she could have me back anytime she wanted. Not sure if the ex ever said that directly or not, but she's wrong.

So far no further text messages. I'm at work so wouldn't matter much anyways. I'm going out tonight so should be good to go.She tried to take the dog previously (I briefly mentioned it when she first started contact about a week ago) and when I wouldn't let her take the dog home she was pissed, but a few days later she said I could keep the dog.At this point she could have the dog if it meant her stopping contact, but at the same time I have an attachment to the dog too (have always had dogs growing up) and I have a feeling giving her the dog wouldn't stop her anyways if things are going south with PT.My GB GF/her roommate always said that my ex felt she could have me back anytime she wanted. Not sure if the ex ever said that directly or not, but she's wrong.
You said it was a small yorkie? That's not a real dog dude, it's a small dog-like rodent that yaps non-stop. Put it in a box and mail it to her. Problem solved.DO NOT block her number. Her texts are very entertaining. Her rage should be subsiding soon and she'll start the pleading phase. Use your power to make her provide you with a F-F-M 3-way, preferably with a midget.

'glumpy said:
'No. 16 said:
'EYLive said:
'No. 16 said:
Who knows maybe we end up together after all is said and done, but I owe it myself to see what else is out there.
:goodposting: 100% agree that you should go out and jizz into whatever you can. Now's the time to do it; while you're young and not tied down.

But you'll be a different person in 5 years, hopefully a wiser and better version of your current self. And by the same token so might she. And when you realize that (for your sake it won't take years), you may realize the 2 of you have been walking separate but parallel paths that eventually merge back together.

Young people make mistakes, give her a 2nd chance.
Just curious EYlive why do you have this viewpoint that is so different from the rest of the FFA? It maybe shtick, but if it is where is this coming from? Did you have personal experience? Just curious why you're the lone dissenter.
I wasn't quite happy with my response earlier even before reading EYlive's post earlier so I'm coming back to this.Understand a couple things about where I'm coming from. #1, at 58 I'm old enough to be your daddy. That doesn't necessarily mean that I'm smarter--just that I think twice before reacting, and that's what I'm going for here. #2, I've got three kids of my own, all younger than you, and spread out that one is young enough that you could be his daddy. That simply means that I'm used to preaching--so take it for what it's worth: some random thoughts from a faceless forums guy.

I was pretty close with my interpretation of EYlive's post earlier except the conclusion--I don't necessarily think you two will connect again. I don't discount the possibility though, and maybe that's the point. You may need to get back with her for both of your sakes, and you may need to slam the door...but you don't want to lock it down right now. You want to tell her how she hurt you, and that you need time to really assess how you feel, and that you're not ready to talk right now. You don't want to put a time on it--could be months, years, or forever. You really don't want to get into discussing it either--that's the point. You're not ready to talk about it.

What johnnycakes said is right on time. You need to let go of the anger at least enough to appreciate the good times because there had to have been some, over the years you two were together. This is for Your healing, not hers. Because you loved her once, she must have been a person who you would hope heals to--but that's not your concern right now. Your concern is your own well being--which is really off the charts the past few months--and if all you can muster is resentment for her, then that devalues your own self esteem. I've been through it and it's not easy--good luck.
this is why i love this place...you get a perspective from a very diverse group.... :thumbup:

Does she still have a key?
This is a great question. My ex will not return the key, despite me asking nicely.I'm changing the locks this weekend.
Please start a thread about your crazy ex...its FRIDAY
There's already a thread about it. He broke off his engagement not long ago.
Oh, ok...I think I started that one. Should I read it?
I don't know if it ever really "went anywhere" from an internet-hilarity perspective. She actually seemed like a great girl from his description, unlike 16's whore ex (sorry, 16).

So far no further text messages. I'm at work so wouldn't matter much anyways. I'm going out tonight so should be good to go.

She tried to take the dog previously (I briefly mentioned it when she first started contact about a week ago) and when I wouldn't let her take the dog home she was pissed, but a few days later she said I could keep the dog.

At this point she could have the dog if it meant her stopping contact, but at the same time I have an attachment to the dog too (have always had dogs growing up) and I have a feeling giving her the dog wouldn't stop her anyways if things are going south with PT.

My GB GF/her roommate always said that my ex felt she could have me back anytime she wanted. Not sure if the ex ever said that directly or not, but she's wrong.
If she begged, pleaded, apologized and cried enough I think you would give in. Then again I'm going from my experience when I didn't have FBG's to run things by. That said, I don't regret it because it was a great feeling when I was the one that finally dumped her not too long after.

If you haven't blocked her number yet, you will be back with her in the next few weeks. I look forward to reading this thread when she cheats on you again with a bartender who works in a bowling alley and whose first name is Corey.
Fixed.

Wow thanks guys for all the support. Don't know how much all this helps. I read and consider every post even if I don't reply to them all.

Looks like I maybe in the clear. No text today so good. Just trying to plan what my buddies and I are gonna do tonight.

I'm back at my parents place so she has no key.

My plan so far:

1. Keep the dog. I'll give it to her in time if she asks and I'm ready, but not when she's demanding it and using it as a pawn piece.

2. Never reply to her texts. No blocking. So far been able to hold it together and lack the urge to reply. Plus the entertainment value needs to continue.

3. Continue to live my life. Things are going good so far and I'm enjoying the single life.

Last edited by a moderator:
Can't you just go somewhere tomorrow, take the dog with you, and not be around? That way even if she stops by she's SOL. Keep ignoring the texts too.

Guys, 16 already said that she told him that he can have the dog at some point earlier. And he's been paying all of the bills for the dog. So legally he's in the clear. There is no way in hell he should give up the dog, especially when it would entail a significantly worse quality of life for his dog.

Quite frankly, if his ex can't be trusted to keep her pants on around a personal trainer despite being in a committed relationship for several years, there's no way she can be trusted to properly take care of a dog. Maybe if his ex rehabilitates herself the next few years, she can eventually be trusted to properly take care of a cat. Maybe.

Wow thanks guys for all the support. Don't know how much all this helps. I read and consider every post even if I don't reply to them all.Looks like I maybe in the clear. No text today so good. Just trying to plan what my buddies and I are gonna do tonight.I'm back at my parents place so she has no key.My plan so far:1. Keep the dog. I'll give it to her in time if she asks and I'm ready, but not when she's demanding it and using it as a pawn piece.2. Never reply to her texts. No blocking. So far been able to hold it together and lack the urge to reply. Plus the entertainment value needs to continue.3. Continue to live my life. Things are going good so far and I'm enjoying the single life.
You are doing a good job here....Get out this weekend and find some strange, that will make you feel even better :banned:

Went to a house party at my friend's last night. Had fun and talked to a couple of chicks, but no dice. Not going out of my way to chase tail right now so not like I was trying hard, just enjoying the company and booze. I tried to get my ex co-worker who has wanted to be in a relationship with me to come (guaranteed slumpbuster) but she didn't have a ride after work and wanted me to pick her up. Too bad I can't drive anymore.

My GB and his GF were there and she was dying to talk to me about the ex. I told her I didn't want to talk about it, but she said REALLY wanted to talk about it (I'm assuming she wants to talk about the text messages the ex has been sending) and after that she promised she would never bring up the ex again.

So basically she tells me what we all know.... the ex is starting to regret the decision she made and during the texting spree she was crying and distraught about missing me. However, she still has some type of relationship/wanting to be with the PT (not sure what exactly is happening, didn't care to ask). The main reason she wanted to talk was because she wanted to know how I felt about it and if I would take the ex back. Knowing this would probably get back to the ex, I gave her the whole spiel about not wanting to get back with the ex: enjoying my freedom and life right now, don't want to be a Plan B, and there's plenty of women out there who won't #### around.

GB's GF is happy for me and tells me I'm doing the right thing. She doesn't think I should fall for the ex's games either and should just continue ignoring her even though she has to deal with the crazy. She's a good girl and love how she's honest. GB's GF told me the ex asked if she made, "the worst mistake of her life leaving me" and the my GB's GF told her... "Yes and I've been telling you that since the beginning." She also told me the ex actually said that I would take her back if she "tried hard enough". I assured her that's not the case as the ex clearly showed me I am easily replaceable, so now I'm more than happy to find someone to replace her. She tells me the GF is actually going home this weekend for her birthday and to possibly expect another torrent of texts since she's not too happy with her life right now. We'll see. She also made me pinky promise not to take back the ex and I made her pinky promise to never bring her up again.

Just thought it was interesting hearing what the ex is thinking and also how supportive of me my GB's GF is even though she's friends with the ex. Gives me even more strength to continue ignoring her and moving on with my life.

BTW, one of the MegaMillions winners is from Kansas... would it be desperate looking if I texted the KU girl/PT I met last weekend asking if she won? Think it would be a non desperate way to keep in touch since we haven't had communications since last Sunday.

BTW, one of the MegaMillions winners is from Kansas... would it be desperate looking if I texted the KU girl/PT I met last weekend asking if she won? Think it would be a non desperate way to keep in touch since we haven't had communications since last Sunday.
Calling her down?

Text sounds reasonable.

So basically she tells me what we all know.... the ex is starting to regret the decision she made and during the texting spree she was crying and distraught about missing me. However, she still has some type of relationship/wanting to be with the PT (not sure what exactly is happening, didn't care to ask).
FWIW, this happened to a close friend of mine, with eerily similar circumstances. She cheated on him, immediately went on vacation with a different guy, and she/new guy were on the rocks soon after. She kept my friend on the line with the same kind of comments - late night phone calls, "I've made a big mistake", etc. She kept hinting that she wanted him back and that she made a mistake, but shot my friend down whenever he tried to get back together with her- she was "confused", "wasn't ready", and so on. There were slightly different circumstances as he couldn't quite eliminate her from his life completely due to the dynamics of their social circles at the time.This kept going for damn near two years until he finally cut her off. It was particularly bad when he finally got a new girlfriend about a year after the initial breakup. Guess who was the first person to call once it became official, and who was instrumental in causing the breakup with his new-girlfriend? He's one of my best friends, but it was pretty pathetic for awhile. He recently admitted that I was right all along - she is a #####.Don't be him.

Calling her down?
She's in Kansas I believe according to her last text. No real point in calling right now.

So basically she tells me what we all know.... the ex is starting to regret the decision she made and during the texting spree she was crying and distraught about missing me. However, she still has some type of relationship/wanting to be with the PT (not sure what exactly is happening, didn't care to ask).
FWIW, this happened to a close friend of mine, with eerily similar circumstances. She cheated on him, immediately went on vacation with a different guy, and she/new guy were on the rocks soon after. She kept my friend on the line with the same kind of comments - late night phone calls, "I've made a big mistake", etc. She kept hinting that she wanted him back and that she made a mistake, but shot my friend down whenever he tried to get back together with her- she was "confused", "wasn't ready", and so on. There were slightly different circumstances as he couldn't quite eliminate her from his life completely due to the dynamics of their social circles at the time.This kept going for damn near two years until he finally cut her off. It was particularly bad when he finally got a new girlfriend about a year after the initial breakup. Guess who was the first person to call once it became official, and who was instrumental in causing the breakup with his new-girlfriend? He's one of my best friends, but it was pretty pathetic for awhile. He recently admitted that I was right all along - she is a #####.Don't be him.
16: Read this and re-read it. All of us know that you want your ex back even though you say you don't. Be honest with yourself and take this guy's advice.

So far no further text messages. I'm at work so wouldn't matter much anyways. I'm going out tonight so should be good to go.She tried to take the dog previously (I briefly mentioned it when she first started contact about a week ago) and when I wouldn't let her take the dog home she was pissed, but a few days later she said I could keep the dog.At this point she could have the dog if it meant her stopping contact, but at the same time I have an attachment to the dog too (have always had dogs growing up) and I have a feeling giving her the dog wouldn't stop her anyways if things are going south with PT.My GB GF/her roommate always said that my ex felt she could have me back anytime she wanted. Not sure if the ex ever said that directly or not, but she's wrong.
You said it was a small yorkie? That's not a real dog dude, it's a small dog-like rodent that yaps non-stop. Put it in a box and mail it to her. Problem solved.
#### you, yorkies are awesome

Just received this gem:

"You deserve to go to hell for not allowing to see my own ####### dog for my bday. I ####in hate you!"

Just received this gem:"You deserve to go to hell for not allowing to see my own ####### dog for my bday. I ####in hate you!"
"Your message cannot be delivered because the subscriber you are trying to reach is not accepting incoming messages at this time."

Just received this gem:"You deserve to go to hell for not allowing to see my own ####### dog for my bday. I ####in hate you!"
She's working through different approaches trying to get a reaction from you. Tears and apologies won't be far away...

You said it was a small yorkie? That's not a real dog dude, it's a small dog-like rodent that yaps non-stop. Put it in a box and mail it to her. Problem solved.
#### you, yorkies are awesome
Sorry GB but they're not. My in-laws had one. Useless little creature.

Looks like she's back to playing nice:

"I don't know why but I'm really missing a lot today, I miss talking to you."

So I guess having stimulating conversations with a meathead isn't working for you? Too bad.

Looks like she's back to playing nice:"I don't know why but I'm really missing a lot today, I miss talking to you."So I guess having stimulating conversations with a meathead isn't working for you? Too bad.
You're either going to be mean at some point, or you're going to take her back. Your choice.

Looks like she's back to playing nice:"I don't know why but I'm really missing a lot today, I miss talking to you."So I guess having stimulating conversations with a meathead isn't working for you? Too bad.
Wow, she really is schizo. Was she always this bad?No idea why you didn't break up with her long before all of this.

I agree with everyone saying to cut off all contact (including blocking her number), but that would surely make this thread exponentially less interesting. Just sayin'

This is crazy...

Give the dog and anything else of hers that you have back and then block her texts and be rid of her

-OR-

Take her back

Users who are viewing this thread