What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

"If you love something, let it go. If it comes back to you, its yo (1 Viewer)

I agree with others. Get anything that you may still have of hers, including the dog, and give it to your GB so he can take it to his girls place to give to the ex. She should have no reason to text or call then.
He won't do that because that would end the texts/calls he's getting from her. Seems to love the attention he's getting from her.Not saying I wouldn't be doing the same thing. But from an outside perspective, it's sad to see.
I don't know if many here believe those text will stop comming. I don't. But then the dog and her stuff can't be used as the excuse, which may cause No 16 more problems as he would be the real reason she is contacting him.

I have the upperhand again
No you don't. Quit ####### lying to yourself. This broad is still dragging you around by your #### emotionally no matter how hard you're pretending to be. You're still her #####. Quit faking. Either go full ##### and crawl back and start running the camera and boom mic while she ####s the real men in her life, or give her the ####### dog, block her number, and go through puberty.
He's still in the phase where he wants to be an independant macho bachelor. But if you think about, he's really just the male version of his ex. People have different triggers that snap them out of this denial phase.

'Ray Karpis said:
'jamny said:
'valhallan said:
So basically she tells me what we all know.... the ex is starting to regret the decision she made and during the texting spree she was crying and distraught about missing me. However, she still has some type of relationship/wanting to be with the PT (not sure what exactly is happening, didn't care to ask).
FWIW, this happened to a close friend of mine, with eerily similar circumstances. She cheated on him, immediately went on vacation with a different guy, and she/new guy were on the rocks soon after. She kept my friend on the line with the same kind of comments - late night phone calls, "I've made a big mistake", etc. She kept hinting that she wanted him back and that she made a mistake, but shot my friend down whenever he tried to get back together with her- she was "confused", "wasn't ready", and so on. There were slightly different circumstances as he couldn't quite eliminate her from his life completely due to the dynamics of their social circles at the time.This kept going for damn near two years until he finally cut her off. It was particularly bad when he finally got a new girlfriend about a year after the initial breakup. Guess who was the first person to call once it became official, and who was instrumental in causing the breakup with his new-girlfriend? He's one of my best friends, but it was pretty pathetic for awhile. He recently admitted that I was right all along - she is a #####.

Don't be him.
16: Read this and re-read it. All of us know that you want your ex back even though you say you don't. Be honest with yourself and take this guy's advice.
Things like this have been spelled out multiple times over the FORTY SEVEN PAGES of this thread and he just brushes them off. I'm still not convinced this isn't the greatest fishing trip ever laced on the FFA.

:goodposting:
If fishing (which I don't think it is) this is good...but not "camping trip" good.
What was that one about again? The guy who took his kidnapped kids camping or something? remember something like that.../hijack over
If I remember correctly, some guy and his wife went camping with a group of friends and his wife and a guy named steve wandered off for a few minutes and she came back with her #### out of her shirt and pregnant.Something like that.
Wow...any good search terms or just a :link: to find that one? Sounds interesting... :)
The FFA at its finest.

Would I bang her again? Yes.Could I bang her now and not want her back? Probably not.So at this point I wouldn't bang her until I know for sure it wouldn't cause me to fall madly back in love with her. I'm intent on being single, dating, and finding someone who is not so crazy. I endured it before because I thought she was "the one" but when they leave you for someone else that kinda changes things. Once I start driving again try and work the idating scene in addition to any and all BnM leads.
Are you seriously brain dead? Are you 13 years old or something? What part of BREAK CONTACT are you having trouble with? Seriously... you're being foolish. Grow up.

Seriously. I've seen some pathetic #### in the FFA before but this dude is starting to make Cranbrulet look like John Stamos.

This is really really really sad to read.... on a scale of 1 to loser this kid is about to start lapping folks a 3rd time.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have the upperhand again and I have no desire to get back with her.
If you really have no desire to get back with her, then why bother to worry about who has the upper hand?
:goodposting: Why do even keep talking about her? Your sound obsessed. P A T H E T I C. This thread would be more entertaining if it went back to more "grinding on the dancefloor" like 14 yrs at a school dance.
Fair enough. I just post the texts bc some may find them entertaining not because I'm obsessed with her. I'll lay off the text updates and will only update if something interesting happens, but who knows when that will be. As of now my life is pretty simple: work, workout, party when I can, and do whatever the hell I want. No further text updates unless it really differs from her current: "I made a mistake/I hate you/I want to see my dog" cycle. Some possible updates for the future:- May: Trip to Hawaii with friends.- June: Trip to Vegas for Electric Daisy Carnival, Friend's Wedding - mutual friends with ex and I April, don't really have anything big planned. Just hoping to work as much as possible to pay for May/June and continue going out/partying locally.
I don't think you're hearing us in this thread. Sure, we'd like to see the crazy texts and whatnot, but that's really not the best thing FOR YOU.FOR YOU and YOUR LIFE, you need to cut off contact with this person. Give all her #### back and tell her never to communicate with you in any fashion ever again. Doing anything else means that you secretly want her in your life again.Prove that you don't.

Seriously. I've seen some pathetic #### in the FFA before but this dude is starting to make Cranbrulet look like John Stamos. This is really really really sad to read.... on a scale of 1 to loser this kid is about to start lapping folks a 3rd time.
Oh c'mon. He can barely carry woz's undersized jockstrap. I mean...it's bad but it's not THAT bad. Yet. Ease up a tad.

Has our hero admitted to just being an attention whore?

If not, then I think he needs to fill-in this blank-

"Now that I have received the validation I needed, and can boast about my ex perhaps 'wanting me back', the reason I have not blocked her texts/number is ______________"

If he can't fill in that blank reasonably, then he loses all credibility that he is doing this for anything other than "LOOK AT ME!!!!"

I have the upperhand again and I have no desire to get back with her.
If you really have no desire to get back with her, then why bother to worry about who has the upper hand?
:goodposting: Why do even keep talking about her? Your sound obsessed. P A T H E T I C. This thread would be more entertaining if it went back to more "grinding on the dancefloor" like 14 yrs at a school dance.
Fair enough. I just post the texts bc some may find them entertaining not because I'm obsessed with her.

I'll lay off the text updates and will only update if something interesting happens, but who knows when that will be. As of now my life is pretty simple: work, workout, party when I can, and do whatever the hell I want. No further text updates unless it really differs from her current: "I made a mistake/I hate you/I want to see my dog" cycle.

Some possible updates for the future:

- May: Trip to Hawaii with friends.

- June: Trip to Vegas for Electric Daisy Carnival, Friend's Wedding - mutual friends with ex and I

April, don't really have anything big planned. Just hoping to work as much as possible to pay for May/June and continue going out/partying locally.
The bolded speaks the loudest, as if one is attempting to prove by way of the FFA, but ultimately to himself, by saying it loudly and often enough, how awesome his new single life is now that he is no longer horrificially shackled. Me thinks that one doth braggeth too much.

'Ray Karpis said:
'jamny said:
'valhallan said:
So basically she tells me what we all know.... the ex is starting to regret the decision she made and during the texting spree she was crying and distraught about missing me. However, she still has some type of relationship/wanting to be with the PT (not sure what exactly is happening, didn't care to ask).
FWIW, this happened to a close friend of mine, with eerily similar circumstances. She cheated on him, immediately went on vacation with a different guy, and she/new guy were on the rocks soon after. She kept my friend on the line with the same kind of comments - late night phone calls, "I've made a big mistake", etc. She kept hinting that she wanted him back and that she made a mistake, but shot my friend down whenever he tried to get back together with her- she was "confused", "wasn't ready", and so on. There were slightly different circumstances as he couldn't quite eliminate her from his life completely due to the dynamics of their social circles at the time.This kept going for damn near two years until he finally cut her off. It was particularly bad when he finally got a new girlfriend about a year after the initial breakup. Guess who was the first person to call once it became official, and who was instrumental in causing the breakup with his new-girlfriend? He's one of my best friends, but it was pretty pathetic for awhile. He recently admitted that I was right all along - she is a #####.

Don't be him.
16: Read this and re-read it. All of us know that you want your ex back even though you say you don't. Be honest with yourself and take this guy's advice.
Things like this have been spelled out multiple times over the FORTY SEVEN PAGES of this thread and he just brushes them off. I'm still not convinced this isn't the greatest fishing trip ever laced on the FFA.

If fishing (which I don't think it is) this is good...but not "camping trip" good.
What was that one about again? The guy who took his kidnapped kids camping or something? remember something like that.../hijack over
If I remember correctly, some guy and his wife went camping with a group of friends and his wife and a guy named steve wandered off for a few minutes and she came back with her #### out of her shirt and pregnant.Something like that.
Wow...any good search terms or just a :link: to find that one? Sounds interesting... :)
The FFA at its finest.
wow, 73 pages....my day just booked up

- June: Friend's Wedding - mutual friends with ex and I
So what's the plan here? You're going to continue to ignore her while she tries to reach out and let anger/resentment build, then you two are suddenly going to play nice at the wedding? Solid plan here, Admiral Yamamoto.

Sent around 0600:"Can I please see belle even for a little bit tomorrow????? Please! You're driving me crazy!!!!!! Please!!!!"What's wrong with continuing to ignore her? I have the upperhand again and I have no desire to get back with her. I don't see anywhere in the past few pages that even comes close to me replying.
"And it starts, sometime round midnight..."

So what's the plan here? You're going to continue to ignore her while she tries to reach out and let anger/resentment build, then you two are suddenly going to play nice at the wedding? Solid plan here, Admiral Yamamoto.
:goodposting: No 16 is a fool if he goes to this wedding.
I'm rooting for the ex and the PT now. I hope the PT goes to this and he makes BJ gestures from across the room.

There's a reason she just wants to see the dog now and that's because she can't keep it where she is currently living. If I give her the dog, I would hate it b/c the dog would live a considerbly worse life being caged up in So Cal or living outside at her aunt's house here in the Bay Area. When she moves to a place where the dog can stay with her she can have it. Have I told her this plan... no, but maybe you guys can tell me if I should. The dog doesn't remind me her... but I wob't deny it maybe a reason she is contacting me. However, for the sake of the dog that's a small price to pay.

So aside from suggesting I giver he back the dog... what else do you guys want? I thought the play was to ignore her no matter what? Does blocking her number make that big of a difference vs reading the texts and not replying? This had been a solid 2 weeks now and not once have I ever wanted to reply. Only reason I kept posting them

here was I thought people wanted to see them. Not the case so I'll stop. If I do feel urge to reply I'll block her then.

There's a reason she just wants to see the dog now and that's because she can't keep it where she is currently living. If I give her the dog, I would hate it b/c the dog would live a considerbly worse life being caged up in So Cal or living outside at her aunt's house here in the Bay Area. When she moves to a place where the dog can stay with her she can have it. Have I told her this plan... no, but maybe you guys can tell me if I should. The dog doesn't remind me her... but I wob't deny it maybe a reason she is contacting me. However, for the sake of the dog that's a small price to pay.So aside from suggesting I giver he back the dog... what else do you guys want? I thought the play was to ignore her no matter what? Does blocking her number make that big of a difference vs reading the texts and not replying? This had been a solid 2 weeks now and not once have I ever wanted to reply. Only reason I kept posting themhere was I thought people wanted to see them. Not the case so I'll stop. If I do feel urge to reply I'll block her then.
A GD PIC

:goodposting: No 16 is a fool if he goes to this wedding.
I'm rooting for the ex and the PT now. I hope the PT goes to this and he makes BJ gestures from across the room.
Why should I not go to this wedding? The bride has been my friend since Freshman year of HS compared to my ex whom she met in college. Most of the wedding guests there will be my friends from high school. So why would I disinvite myself from thr wedding when I have known the party and guests longer?

There's a reason she just wants to see the dog now and that's because she can't keep it where she is currently living. If I give her the dog, I would hate it b/c the dog would live a considerbly worse life being caged up in So Cal or living outside at her aunt's house here in the Bay Area. When she moves to a place where the dog can stay with her she can have it. Have I told her this plan... no, but maybe you guys can tell me if I should. The dog doesn't remind me her... but I wob't deny it maybe a reason she is contacting me. However, for the sake of the dog that's a small price to pay.So aside from suggesting I giver he back the dog... what else do you guys want? I thought the play was to ignore her no matter what? Does blocking her number make that big of a difference vs reading the texts and not replying? This had been a solid 2 weeks now and not once have I ever wanted to reply. Only reason I kept posting themhere was I thought people wanted to see them. Not the case so I'll stop. If I do feel urge to reply I'll block her then.
It's got nothing to do with the dog. The dog is a means to get a foot back into your life.Keep the dog if you want the dog. Dump it if you don't. Her feelings do not matter at all.Yes, HUGE difference between reading/not responding and being totally unaware of their existence. Ignorance is bliss, guy.

So aside from suggesting I giver he back the dog... what else do you guys want?
Are you really THIS dense?
I thought the play was to ignore her no matter what? Does blocking her number make that big of a difference vs reading the texts and not replying?
It does when you're still as whipped as you are.
This had been a solid 2 weeks now and not once have I ever wanted to reply.
Bull####. Your posts scream otherwise.

There's a reason she just wants to see the dog now and that's because she can't keep it where she is currently living. If I give her the dog, I would hate it b/c the dog would live a considerbly worse life being caged up in So Cal or living outside at her aunt's house here in the Bay Area. When she moves to a place where the dog can stay with her she can have it. Have I told her this plan... no, but maybe you guys can tell me if I should. The dog doesn't remind me her... but I wob't deny it maybe a reason she is contacting me. However, for the sake of the dog that's a small price to pay.

So aside from suggesting I giver he back the dog... what else do you guys want? I thought the play was to ignore her no matter what? Does blocking her number make that big of a difference vs reading the texts and not replying? This had been a solid 2 weeks now and not once have I ever wanted to reply. Only reason I kept posting them

here was I thought people wanted to see them. Not the case so I'll stop. If I do feel urge to reply I'll block her then.
Reading her posts and reporting on them = devoting thoughts and energy on this person you should be forgettingBlocking her texts and calls = making it so that you no longer think about her and can truly erase her from your life, which, as you say, is what you want

You can't possibly tell me that you don't see the difference between the two?

True. It's all I ever wanted to hear from her since this all went down. That she ####ed up.
Why does it even matter? Anything she says is an attempt to manipulate you... her apologies are about as sincere and heartfelt as (Insert crazy analogy here). Frankly it's even MORE pathetic that you even CARE enough at this point to want some empty apology. Look dude... you still care way too ####### much. You can keep saying you don't, but you do. Until you get her claws out of you (dog, texts, etc) then you're going to continue to be the fluffer to her real studs in her life. You're too damn weak to distance yourself on your own... you need to help yourself out a little with a block and getting that dog connection out of your life. IF you're truly concerned for the Dog's well being (yeah right) then put an ad in the paper give it away to a good home. But you won't do that because you enjoy your ex taking the PT's johnson and guiding it firmly in and out of your earhole in the most pathetically drawn out mind#### I've seen in quite some time.

True. It's all I ever wanted to hear from her since this all went down. That she ####ed up.
Why does it even matter? Anything she says is an attempt to manipulate you... her apologies are about as sincere and heartfelt as (Insert crazy analogy here). Frankly it's even MORE pathetic that you even CARE enough at this point to want some empty apology. Look dude... you still care way too ####### much. You can keep saying you don't, but you do. Until you get her claws out of you (dog, texts, etc) then you're going to continue to be the fluffer to her real studs in her life. You're too damn weak to distance yourself on your own... you need to help yourself out a little with a block and getting that dog connection out of your life.

IF you're truly concerned for the Dog's well being (yeah right) then put an ad in the paper give it away to a good home. But you won't do that because you enjoy your ex taking the PT's johnson and guiding it firmly in and out of your earhole in the most pathetically drawn out mind#### I've seen in quite some time.
:goodposting: though, again, harsh.Also: :lmao: at the bolded.

:goodposting: though, again, harsh.

Also: :lmao: at the bolded.
We've got 50 ####### pages of you guys whispering that he's an idiot.... telling him he's an idiot.... yelling that he's an idiot..... shaking him and telling him that he's an idiot....slapping him and telling him he's an idiot.....

Someone needs to break out the rebar and start doing work on this kid's skull because nothing else seems to be getting through. It's sad. :lmao:

16Give us one good reason to not block her?
:goodposting: :popcorn:
Part of it was to keep you guys updated. The other part is that I do get some satisfaction from reading her texts. Not denying anything you guys have suggested, but icon seems to be taking this harder than me.Most think the text updates are detrimental to my progress, so a block will be enacted but I'm keeping the damn dog.

The other part is that I do get some satisfaction from reading her texts. Not denying anything you guys have suggested, but icon seems to be taking this harder than me.
This reminds me of my buddy who kept going back to pills time and time again after swearing he was getting clean for real this time. Some folks just don't want to be helped. :lmao: Dude i'm just fine.... I'm trying to rattle your cage a little so you see how stupid you're being.... but as this goes on it's pretty obvious you're fine with this broad leashing you about by your sack (or the spot where it used to reside). :shrug: GLL with that. This story ends badly for you.

Most think the text updates are detrimental to my progress, so a block will be enacted but I'm keeping the damn dog.
:lmao: I can see it now

(RING RING)

16: Hey baby! I just wanted to let you know I had to block texts from your phone number because the guys on hte internet thought it was hampering our getting separation. I don't see what they were talking about, but whatever. Look I just wanted to let you know I set up my email to come direct to my phone in case you wanted to talk."

We've got 50 ####### pages of you guys whispering that he's an idiot.... telling him he's an idiot.... yelling that he's an idiot..... shaking him and telling him that he's an idiot....slapping him and telling him he's an idiot.....

Someone needs to break out the rebar and start doing work on this kid's skull because nothing else seems to be getting through. It's sad. :lmao:
the treatment No 16 needs.

The other part is that I do get some satisfaction from reading her texts. Not denying anything you guys have suggested, but icon seems to be taking this harder than me.
This reminds me of my buddy who kept going back to pills time and time again after swearing he was getting clean for real this time. Some folks just don't want to be helped. :lmao: Dude i'm just fine.... I'm trying to rattle your cage a little so you see how stupid you're being.... but as this goes on it's pretty obvious you're fine with this broad leashing you about by your sack (or the spot where it used to reside). :shrug: GLL with that. This story ends badly for you.
Not sure what I have been doing that's so bad. We'll have to agree to disagree about the dog, but I certainly see what you guys are talking about regarding her texts. For someone who was dumped by the ex saying how much better she has it now... there is some healing and satisfaction reading her start to regret it. Sure it still keeps her around for a bit, but it also helps the ego too. No matter how buff or physically attractive... personality, chemistry, intelligence still matters for a lasting relationship. Something that I had lost confidence in since this happened.

Why does it even matter? Anything she says is an attempt to manipulate you... her apologies are about as sincere and heartfelt as (Insert crazy analogy here). Frankly it's even MORE pathetic that you even CARE enough at this point to want some empty apology. Look dude... you still care way too ####### much. You can keep saying you don't, but you do. Until you get her claws out of you (dog, texts, etc) then you're going to continue to be the fluffer to her real studs in her life. You're too damn weak to distance yourself on your own... you need to help yourself out a little with a block and getting that dog connection out of your life. IF you're truly concerned for the Dog's well being (yeah right) then put an ad in the paper give it away to a good home. But you won't do that because you enjoy your ex taking the PT's johnson and guiding it firmly in and out of your earhole in the most pathetically drawn out mind#### I've seen in quite some time.
:goodposting:No.16I get wanting to feel like she effed up, but 1 question...How would you be feeling is she fell in love with PT and was engaged right now?It's been fun, but everyone is right, as usual, grow up move on, the longer you "want" her in your life, the longer it is going to take for you to get her out of your life.

Do not give her your dog. 98% of the advice in this thread has been great, but the guys telling you to give her your dog are insane. Some of the worst advice I've ever seen on the internets.

Not sure what I have been doing that's so bad. We'll have to agree to disagree about the dog, but I certainly see what you guys are talking about regarding her texts. For someone who was dumped by the ex saying how much better she has it now... there is some healing and satisfaction reading her start to regret it. Sure it still keeps her around for a bit, but it also helps the ego too. No matter how buff or physically attractive... personality, chemistry, intelligence still matters for a lasting relationship. Something that I had lost confidence in since this happened.
But you have received the validation you were seeking, both from the texts and the GB's GF. There is now no reason to not walk away. She found shomething new and shiny, like a child does with a new toy, and grabbed it/him. That's not a person who makes for good long term relationship potential. The longer she sticks around, the longer you will be conflicted on this issue.

What's wrong with continuing to ignore her? I have the upperhand again and I have no desire to get back with her. I don't see anywhere in the past few pages that even comes close to me replying.
You still care about what she thinks and how she feels, even if it's just to get gratification that she's melting down. You haven't moved on, you're letting her continue to be a part of your life, though in a now very twisted way. If you really want to be done with her, you give her her dog and anything else of hers you have back and you cut off contact completely. But you aren't ready to do that - are you?
She doesn't think she ####ed up - she's just sad that the PT only thinks of her as a cum bucket. She only wants you around as the guy who will make her feel good about herself until she finds the next hot guy to bang.

'Ray Karpis said:
'jamny said:
'valhallan said:

Don't be him.

Best thread ever. I believe his user name was curious George.

I'll lay off the text updates and will only update if something interesting happens, but who knows when that will be. As of now my life is pretty simple: work, workout, party when I can, and do whatever the hell I want. No further text updates unless it really differs from her current: "I made a mistake/I hate you/I want to see my dog" cycle.
It will be kind of sad to see this thread go silent, but I know you are a man of your word and there should be little drama from this point forward.

Quick Hijack:Asked this girl to go the Lakers game with me tomorrow. Texted her on Saturday. She said "she's in!!" and to "Look her up online. :) " Friended her on FB last night.She accepted within minutes. Sent her a text this morning asking where and when she wanted to meet up tomorrow since she mentioned that she was working until late afternoon tomorrow. So far no response... When is it an appropriate amount of time to send another text saying, "No worries if you can't make it. Let me know either way so I don't let the seat go to waste."
I'd send her a text saying you really miss her and hope she can make it to the Lakers game but if not it's totally okay and you'll call her tomorrow to let her know how the game went.

Seriously. I've seen some pathetic #### in the FFA before but this dude is starting to make Cranbrulet look like John Stamos. This is really really really sad to read.... on a scale of 1 to loser this kid is about to start lapping folks a 3rd time.
Oh c'mon. He can barely carry woz's undersized jockstrap. I mean...it's bad but it's not THAT bad. Yet. Ease up a tad.
yeah, he's not doing THAT badly. and 16, i get the desire to see her desperate texts. Makes you feel good. Just like it would feel good to hate-#### her. However, you're not ready to do either yet. Block her. and post pics

Sent around 0600:"Can I please see belle even for a little bit tomorrow????? Please! You're driving me crazy!!!!!! Please!!!!"What's wrong with continuing to ignore her? I have the upperhand again and I have no desire to get back with her. I don't see anywhere in the past few pages that even comes close to me replying.
"And it starts, sometime round midnight..."
at least that's when you lose yourself for a minute or two

Users who are viewing this thread