What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

If you were ringside for the Disneyland fight would you have stepped in and tried to break it up? (1 Viewer)

At what point would you get involved in a public altercation between people you don't know?

• As soon as it starts

Votes: 4 2.3%
  • As soon as a child looks to be in danger

Votes: 74 43.0%
  • As soon as a child is struck

Votes: 23 13.4%
  • As soon as a woman is struck

Votes: 16 9.3%
  • Never

Votes: 41 23.8%
  • Other (please specify)

Votes: 14 8.1%

• Total voters
This has been a reasonable heuristic for centuries, but I think it may be time to reprogram ourselves. The correct answer, in my estimation, is that anybody (regardless of gender) who is being overpowered and/or is unwilling to fight deserves to be rescued, and anybody (regardless of gender) who can hold their own or is instigating can look after themselves. I'm going to trust that this is the actual sentiment being conveyed by all of the fine quoted individuals.

I also think that in a situation where somebody needs to be rescued, a bad decision is to just whip out your phone and start recording the situation.
i've made this mistake once. was leaving a bar, and this black guy has full mount on some white college looking kid just pummeling. black guy looks somewhat sober, white kid looks drunk. so i go over and start to pull the black kid back (gently), and in my buzzed state i think to myself "this dude is probably about to turn around and throw a right at my head". luckily i was wrong, the kid grumbled something, but gave me a head nod and started to leave. 2 seconds later the white kid who was just getting beat to hell starts yelling "N-word this, and N-word that" than he said something about slavery. 

i live in Philly, so there are plenty of black guys. i just had to laugh and told the kid "good luck because next time no one will take the guy off of you" 

i figured after that night, that there are plenty of times when people really to deserve it

What the hell is that Disney character at the 3:21 mark that comes sauntering in, Sheriff Drag Duck?  :lmao:
Everytime I watch this (prob 30 times now) I find something new to say OMG! 

So speaking of Draggy Duck....turns out she was pretty much there the whole time, just in the background or flat out walking away from the situation 

Here, where big Daddy is slapping around his girl and all the guests are trying to stop him, there's our head of security casually walking away in a 'I don't see nuttin' strut. 

And here, she off to the side, admiring the textbook take down maneuver by the guests. Nice job guys. 

This is all before she storms into the show with the rest of the security staff from the other side. So while a lot of people criticize the overall response time, turns out there was someone right there almost the whole time. But, after seeing the beat down Big Daddy laid on the other girls, I can see why the one might want to be  hanging back and waiting for backup. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Everytime I watch this (prob 30 times now) I find something new to say OMG! 

So speaking of Draggy Duck....turns out she was pretty much there the whole time, just in the background or flat out walking away from the situation 

Here, where big Daddy is slapping around his girl and all the guests are trying to stop him, there's our head of security casually walking away in a 'I don't see nuttin' strut. 

And here, she off to the side, admiring the textbook take down maneuver by the guests. Nice job guys. 

This is all before she storms into the show with the rest of the security staff from the other side. So while a lot of people criticize the overall response time, turns out there was someone right there almost the whole time. But, after seeing the beat down Big Daddy laid on the other girls, I can see why the one might want to be  hanging back and waiting for backup. 
Yeah, that would be the definition of bad security. Disney should step it up. They can find plenty of folks like me who would be security. It would be a totally kush job. I suppose thats why they have someone like her.

Bald, fat, super short, angry, and combative.  Never a good mix.  

I don't feel bad for people like that. 

I tend to have more sympathy when some one looks like they are making the best of the D&D dice roll stats we get at birth.  This guy clearly has some deep seated issues that probably required some counseling.

I have two woman who come into the library every night.  They clearly got low rolls at birth.  One is happy, smiling and polite and is fun to talk to.  The other is always angry and grumpy.
And you'd bone either one of them :)  or both at the same time!!  Women have it soooo tough.  Even the ugly angry one has zero problems getting the D.   That short dude hasn't had P since P had him.  Not defending him, he's a jerk but dang it has to be that tough to be that short.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was raised to stand up for innocents,  children and ladies, the defenseless, not so for willing participants, instigators. .  I saw no ladies in that melee.  The only innocence I saw was the child.

I don’t get this shtick. Angry unstable people with guns not a problem in your part of the world? 
Are you really that worried about this?  The gun incidents tend to be thought out planned attacks.  Not people that carry a weapon and just snap at a bagel shop.  :shrug:

Are you really that worried about this?  The gun incidents tend to be thought out planned attacks.  Not people that carry a weapon and just snap at a bagel shop.  :shrug:
Dude a guy who went to a movie theatre 30 minutes away from me got shot to death for texting during the movie a year or two ago. We have road rage incidents all the time. Hell yes I think about it. 

Dude a guy who went to a movie theatre 30 minutes away from me got shot to death for texting during the movie a year or two ago. We have road rage incidents all the time. Hell yes I think about it. 
Sorry to hear that, seriously.  Too many people living in fear, unfortunately that is the culture of today.

Sorry to hear that, seriously.  Too many people living in fear, unfortunately that is the culture of today.
Nah I’m not living in fear at all. We go anywhere we want. That’s entirely different from hanging around a bagel shop and videotaping a situation like that that could go south though. Not that hard to understand. 

Nah I’m not living in fear at all. We go anywhere we want. That’s entirely different from hanging around a bagel shop and videotaping a situation like that that could go south though. Not that hard to understand. 
To be clear, I'm probably gone too, but mainly because I don't want that hassle, not because I'm worried I'm going to get shot or something.

I remember that. Just the other day some ##### teenager/college age kid living at home completely blows through a stop sign to get on the road I’m on and I kind of gesture a WTF with my arms and when we get to a stop sign for a main big road he’s hanging out of his window saying something. People want to get in fights these days. I’m too old and 99% of the time I have my kids in the car. If he stepped out and came towards me, I’m likely using my car to make him back down or telling my son to give me his baseball bat in the back. That said, what good would it do me to get in a fight in my late 40s. I just laughed and knew he was just going to act tough in his mom’s old Mercedes.

As @Gary Coal Man said early on, it’s more likely that the family gangs up on you and I’m not risking any of my kids’ safeties for anyone. Sorry, but I’m likely just calling the cops and only intervening if there’s a potential innocent’s death and my family has no chance of getting in the same situation because I jumped in. 

Love that smoo is back

i have no problems with the taping of this. It’s incredibly helpful after the fact to have video of events like these, for a variety of reasons, not the least of which is making sure we can dole out punishments appropriately.  

My first instinct would be to get my kids out of the vicinity, at least to a safe distance.  I was at a concert with my daughter when it looked like a fight my start near us.  I grabbed my daughter by the arm and we got the hell out of there.  Not sure it was even a conscious decision, just instinct.

It's pretty telling that the guy in the red only went after the women.  He really didn't want anything to do with the guy that squared off with him at the beginning.  I would have loved to see someone that could throw a punch step in.  I'm sure those people were around, but probably with their families also.  And lawsuits and stuff.

I remember that. Just the other day some ##### teenager/college age kid living at home completely blows through a stop sign to get on the road I’m on and I kind of gesture a WTF with my arms and when we get to a stop sign for a main big road he’s hanging out of his window saying something. People want to get in fights these days. I’m too old and 99% of the time I have my kids in the car. If he stepped out and came towards me, I’m likely using my car to make him back down or telling my son to give me his baseball bat in the back. That said, what good would it do me to get in a fight in my late 40s. I just laughed and knew he was just going to act tough in his mom’s old Mercedes.

As @Gary Coal Man said early on, it’s more likely that the family gangs up on you and I’m not risking any of my kids’ safeties for anyone. Sorry, but I’m likely just calling the cops and only intervening if there’s a potential innocent’s death and my family has no chance of getting in the same situation because I jumped in. 
Yea man people in giant trucks driving 90 in a 50 constantly cutting people off are the craziest. See it every day on US 19. I assume they all have shotguns on their gun rack in the back. 

Not sure if I'd get in the middle of a full blown fight, but I've inserted myself into a couple situations before to ask if someone needed help.

Most memorable one was a younger (20-something?) "couple" outside of a Meijer. IIRC, there was an older mom with her daughter and a significant other guy berating them in the parking lot. I watched from a distance for a bit as the mom/daughter were heading to a car and trying to get away from him. It was getting a little ugly and I simply walked over and asked if they needed any help or needed me to call anyone. They politely declined, the dude got the message, went to his own car and left. The 2 woman (and baby? I think there was one but could be mis-remembering) embarrassingly said thanks and went on their way while my wife and I headed into the store. 

No way l was going to get mixed up in that.  There were some big dudes involved.

Only way I would get involved is if a kick was being hit or a woman was being grounded and pounded.  

Looked like a whole lot of slap fighting from the big guy.  Odd how he turned on his own girl after he thought she hit his mom.  Wonder if she's still with him. 

Just a whole lot of sad all around. 

“It was the big boys all the women go for, they jumped me. The women didn't say nothing. They keep on choosing the wrong men. Is that all women want? Tall and with a big you know what?”

this has to be performance art  

“It was the big boys all the women go for, they jumped me. The women didn't say nothing. They keep on choosing the wrong men. Is that all women want? Tall and with a big you know what?”

It was all a ruse to get a free breakfast...

Bagel Bros said that the man did not pay for his bagel - a whole wheat bagel with one egg white and Swiss cheese

“It was the big boys all the women go for, they jumped me. The women didn't say nothing. They keep on choosing the wrong men. Is that all women want? Tall and with a big you know what?”

And the article mentions he has videos of himself confronting other people or something.  I'm wondering if this is schtick.

That dude fought like a girl. I would’ve stepped in after seeing how sissy his fighting skills were. If he was a better fighter I probably wouldn’t have intervened though. No need to get my butt kicked for family drama I’m not a part of. 

Not a chance I would've stepped in for the Disney fight.  I'd consider stepping in if a child was in danger, or potentially a woman, but it would be heavily dependent on the circumstances.  My main concern in any of these situations is honestly the safety of my own family and myself.  There are a lot of stories of bystanders getting killed trying to help out in domestics.  Sorry - that's not going to be me.  If it isn't clear that I can break it up without risk to myself/my family, I'm going to remove myself from the situation.  

Users who are viewing this thread