What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

I'm starting Kenbrell Thompkins week one over __________ (1 Viewer)

in my 16-team league, he's on my bench w p. garçon, behind d. thomas :lol: and m. colston. but i'm rolling with sudfeld

Considering him over many people at this point against a horrible secondary, wow.

Start all Pats is what I'm thinking.

As my flex over Brian Hartline and Eddie Lacy in 12 team PPR

Last edited by a moderator:
Considering him over Kenny Britt in one league. Starting him with confidence in another.

Dobson officially out.

Have to think Edelman will be the 3rd receiver in the slot during 3 wide and that he'll be no threat to Thompkin's PT.

AJ Green... Risky move but the Green knee injury scares me and he didn't get a lot of preseason work. Add in the Chicago defense and he is riding the bench this week in favor of Thompkins.

AJ Green... Risky move but the Green knee injury scares me and he didn't get a lot of preseason work. Add in the Chicago defense and he is riding the bench this week in favor of Thompkins.
This is a classic case of outsmarting yourself. Quit over-thinking it.One of my opponents this week is starting him over Mendenhall in his Flex. I think he made the right call, unfortunately.

Well, looks like I will start him in 2 leagues, over Ivory, Roberts, S Smith, Sudfield, and Bradshaw but sitting him behind Tate and Austin in the 3rd. The Tate/ Austin matchups are just too juicy to not play a wait & see game with him there. Hoping I don't regret it since I think he'll get some Brady love tomorrow.

Yeah, everything I'm seeing includes phrases like "100% healthy."

I mean, you can't trust everything you hear about injuries in the NFL, but the news would have to be a heckuva lot more pessimistic than that for me to consider benching him at all, never mind for a rookie.

Yeah, everything I'm seeing includes phrases like "100% healthy."

I mean, you can't trust everything you hear about injuries in the NFL, but the news would have to be a heckuva lot more pessimistic than that for me to consider benching him at all, never mind for a rookie.
I can't ever imagine doing this. When you chose to take Green as the 2nd-4th WR off the board that implied that you'd start him regardless of the match-up and likely even if he wasn't 100%.

Waiting on word about Roddy White. Debating about starting him over Roddy if things don't look good. Rolling out Cruz & Colston over him.

Starting him over Quan Boldin in one league and Shorts in another. Waited on WRs hoping to strike gold on thompkins. The inactive Dobson/bolden/gronk announcements have me salivating. It's the bills...

I haven't done it yet, but still rolling around the thought of Thompkins over Garcon at my wr2. Today's news of inactives really is making me think of starting Thompkins. In the end there may not be much of a difference. Another factor for me is my opponent has Brady at qb. Cancals out points basically.

Starting him with confidence over James Jones and his awful matchup. Dobson out, and the Bills secondary may very well be the worst in the NFL.

I haven't done it yet, but still rolling around the thought of Thompkins over Garcon at my wr2. Today's news of inactives really is making me think of starting Thompkins. In the end there may not be much of a difference. Another factor for me is my opponent has Brady at qb. Cancals out points basically.
I wouldnt go as far to say that. Im starting Garcon over him in one league, as much as I love Kenbrell's situation this week I still think Garcon is safer and has a higher ceiling for this week against philly.

Yeah, everything I'm seeing includes phrases like "100% healthy."I mean, you can't trust everything you hear about injuries in the NFL, but the news would have to be a heckuva lot more pessimistic than that for me to consider benching him at all, never mind for a rookie.
I can't ever imagine doing this. When you chose to take Green as the 2nd-4th WR off the board that implied that you'd start him regardless of the match-up and likely even if he wasn't 100%.
I'm starting him over Lacy in PPR league - You're starting him over rationale and thought process - Even if he scores more then Green, still the wrong decision... If he isn't an every week starter, who is? You'll make too many wrong decisions on a weekly basis playing like that, which is why it's the wrong decision.

I'm extremely torn. Kenbrall or D. Richardson as flex? I've been going back and forth all morning.
PPR its sort of even but maybe kenbrell has a slight edge. He should rack up at least 5-6 catches if not more.

Non ppr I'd go drich hands down.

It's looking less likely that Roddy White will play so I'm going with Thompkins over DHB, Rashard bin laden, and Tampa Mike.

Waiting on word about Roddy White. Debating about starting him over Roddy if things don't look good. Rolling out Cruz & Colston over him.
What s up with Roddy?
Questionable with an ankle injury.
Damn. Shouldn't we have pinned injury threads for this?
NFLN just said White is expected to play, FWIW
@AdamSchefter: Roddy White is nursing a high ankle sprain that will make it challenging for him to play today.

What s up with Roddy?
Questionable with an ankle injury.
Damn. Shouldn't we have pinned injury threads for this?
NFLN just said White is expected to play, FWIW
@AdamSchefter: Roddy White is nursing a high ankle sprain that will make it challenging for him to play today.
Thanks guys.. The lack of a weekly threads puzzling.

Considering Thompkins over Shorts and Matthews in flex.

Users who are viewing this thread