What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

INSANITY (5 Viewers)

Bumping this.

How much overhead/ceiling height do you need? I have my workout equipment in the basement, and the ceiling is just under 7' (old house) down there.
I have 8 foot ceilings and I feel they are too short for some of the movements. FWIW, I'm 6'2".
Do you live in a cave? 8ft ceilings? You can't even do jumping jacks.
In my basement. The rest of my ceilings in the house are 9 ft other than my vaulted living room.

Just jumped back in to this after falling off the wagon last time when the second month started. Experiencing some fairly bad lower back soreness/pain so may have to dial it back for a couple days which is frustrating. Hoping it just goes away and I can keep powering through.

Think I said I was going to try this before but that fizzled out. I just started up again this week and finished up Day 3. Not a large accomplishment but one step closer to making it a habit and finishing it up. Keeping track of what I eat with MyFitnessPal to which helps. I don't have a lot of weight to lose since I am pretty small built )but what I am is basically skinny fat. Look slim but have been noticing over the last year or so developing more weight than I want in the stomach and around the face but just trying to use this program to get into the habit of working out and staying fit.

My girlfriend wants to do this. Anyone will to sell their set to me and be able to ship by Friday? If so, name your price.Thanks.

First I've looked at this thread. My daughter (17) told me that she wants me to buy this for her. Problem is, I know she'll do it for a few weeks and then she'll quit. So I'm not thrilled about paying for it.Does anyone have it and would sell me copies? Or, is there a place to download it and burn it onto discs, myself?Thanks guys

First I've looked at this thread. My daughter (17) told me that she wants me to buy this for her. Problem is, I know she'll do it for a few weeks and then she'll quit. So I'm not thrilled about paying for it.Does anyone have it and would sell me copies? Or, is there a place to download it and burn it onto discs, myself?Thanks guys
Thepiratebay

Starting this tomorrow. Anyone have a PDF of the workout schedule?

ETA: Borrowed this from a friend to see if I want to purchase.

Last edited by a moderator:
'Cold Dead Hands said:
Starting this tomorrow. Anyone have a PDF of the workout schedule?ETA: Borrowed this from a friend to see if I want to purchase.
I do....PM me for email address. Wife and I just started month 2 3 days ago. I haven't lost any weight yet but I can tell a difference in strength, definition, and the fit test results have more than doubled from my first test. We are not following the diet to a tea, but I'm trying to count my calories the best I can. Good luck!

Starting this tomorrow. Anyone have a PDF of the workout schedule?ETA: Borrowed this from a friend to see if I want to purchase.
I do....PM me for email address. Wife and I just started month 2 3 days ago. I haven't lost any weight yet but I can tell a difference in strength, definition, and the fit test results have more than doubled from my first test. We are not following the diet to a tea, but I'm trying to count my calories the best I can. Good luck!
Had a bad head cold last week so I waited until this week to start. The fit test kicked my ### yesterday. I'll post my numbers later (they are written down at home). I was a complete zombie for a good 30 minutes after the workout. I also found a pdf online, but thanks for the offer John.

Thepiratebay
cannot find dvd quality on there. just crappy windows mediaanyone willing to burn some copies :D

Day 2 down. Cardio Power and Resistance is tonight. everything is fine but my calves. Feel like small animals are chewing on them. after the third round of the warmup I was pushing hard like Shawn T. said to, really fighting through mummy kicks and watching that counter for the break. But did Shawn T break? Hell no, he went right into circuit 1 for the next set... **** you Shawn T!

Day 2 down. Cardio Power and Resistance is tonight. everything is fine but my calves. Feel like small animals are chewing on them. after the third round of the warmup I was pushing hard like Shawn T. said to, really fighting through mummy kicks and watching that counter for the break. But did Shawn T break? Hell no, he went right into circuit 1 for the next set... **** you Shawn T!
:lmao:

Through day 8. No soreness, feel pretty good. I can do more of the excercises for longer durations. Pure Cardio was death. Shawn T started saying he was nervous, so I felt at ease. Then almost to the end, sweat pouring off, barely able to think, I hear Shawn T (who has done roughly half of what everyone else has done) say, "do this, I can't remember what this excercise is called. switch the feet." So, I'm surprised I am not dead.

I have a heart rate monitor now. I have never worked out with one. I think I have found my max heart rate, 179. I try to stay in the 150's but I spike into the high 160's quite a bit and even into the low 170's at times.

Just did day 2 of P90X (plyometrics) and I think I am going to burn the plyometrics disc. Too much jumping for a man of my age and stature--I think I injured my calf.

Through day 8. No soreness, feel pretty good. I can do more of the excercises for longer durations. Pure Cardio was death. Shawn T started saying he was nervous, so I felt at ease. Then almost to the end, sweat pouring off, barely able to think, I hear Shawn T (who has done roughly half of what everyone else has done) say, "do this, I can't remember what this excercise is called. switch the feet." So, I'm surprised I am not dead.

I have a heart rate monitor now. I have never worked out with one. I think I have found my max heart rate, 179. I try to stay in the 150's but I spike into the high 160's quite a bit and even into the low 170's at times.
You should be getting to the point where your body is adjusting to the workouts. I'm sure you'll find you can go longer and longer over the next few weeks. Just be prepared to not be disappointed when month two kicks your as* all over again.

Thepiratebay
cannot find dvd quality on there. just crappy windows mediaanyone willing to burn some copies
The copy on TPB is fine. You are not watching a sci fi movie. You will barely be able to see the screen through your sweat so video quality should be the least of you worries. I used the TPB copies on my 60 inch tv for a month and it was fine.

Thepiratebay
cannot find dvd quality on there. just crappy windows mediaanyone willing to burn some copies
The copy on TPB is fine. You are not watching a sci fi movie. You will barely be able to see the screen through your sweat so video quality should be the least of you worries.I used the TPB copies on my 60 inch tv for a month and it was fine.
did you have to hook a laptop to your tv and play through that or can they be put onto a dvd?

I don't look at the schedule ahead of time so didn't realize yesterday was Pure Cardio until I went downstairs to work out. Had hoped it would be something light since I had a pounding headache. Nope. It is amazing to watch these fit people drop like flies during that one. I kept up much better this time around. Though I did maybe two pushup jacks at the end and just laid there in a puddle the rest of the minute.

I've made the decision to give this a try. Other than torrenting, does anyone know a good way to get this for cheaper than advertised? I'm not thrilled at $100-$150, but I suppose I could bite the bullet.

I've made the decision to give this a try. Other than torrenting, does anyone know a good way to get this for cheaper than advertised? I'm not thrilled at $100-$150, but I suppose I could bite the bullet.
Not sure if you are still looking and didn't want to link the site directly so here is the youtube video describing how to get the video. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mMdk78yg9Y4Started on the fit test and pretty much got halfway through before giving up. Amazing how quickly atrophy occurs but building stamina is such a #####. Hopefully I'm never this out of shape again.

Started again for the third time last week. Completed it once. Got 3/4 through the second time before injury. And now, I'm about as out of shape as I have ever been. Pure Cardio is teh suck.

My problem has always been plateuing. Sure I'll lose 10 lbs or so pretty quick. After that, nothing. Before I got injured during the 2nd time, I felt better than I have since high school. Gave P90X a try but it's too boring.

I don't want to turn this into the diet thread, but I think one of my problems is calorie intake. I know while doing this I should at least be taking in 2000-2500 calories. I eat maybe 1500. I can not find a way to take in any more. I "snack" all day long and eat like 150-200 calories every 2-3 hours with about 500 at lunch. Stuff like almonds, oatmeal, pistaccios, atkins bars, tuna fish. Any suggestions on how to get more calories without adding a bunch of fat or sugar?

If it helps - 5'9", 215lbs, 36y/o

Wife bought it half price off some website from China.
do yuo remmeber the site?

thanks for the google link above im going to try that out.. gotta figure out how to convert .mp4 to dvd format

Wife bought it half price off some website from China.
do yuo remmeber the site?

thanks for the google link above im going to try that out.. gotta figure out how to convert .mp4 to dvd format
I got my p90x dvds from DVDjoy.com a few years ago. No idea if it still exists.

Starting over on Monday. The recovery week for me was this past week and I had a Vasectomy last Friday so couldn't even do the recovery workouts. Just decided it would be best to start from scratch.

Considering starting. I'm sort of getting bored of what I've been doing lately. I'm considering just getting a mat to set up in the garage and show the program on a tablet. Is that sufficent? I do not want to work out inside.

did the fit test today. There were moments in that I thought I wouldn't make it, but it wasn't so bad. Not used to doing exercises for time crossfit style and keeping an up count instead of a down count. My results weren't too bad I think for not really even knowing what the moves were going to be going into it. My flexibility is embarrasing though.

3 days complete. I'm having a little trouble walking. I have a ride tomorrow. Wondering if I should do recovery before or after the ride, and just how much pain I'll be in for both of these.

Still struggling with the yoga type moves a bit.

The power jumps on the one this morning about killed me. Easily the hardest thing so far.

I'm thinking about giving this a try as well. Though I like the strength-building, there's just not enough cardio in P90X. Need to change it up a bit.

I'm thinking about giving this a try as well. Though I like the strength-building, there's just not enough cardio in P90X. Need to change it up a bit.
Not sure how much of this thread you back read, but a great routine that I do is the P90X/Insanity combo. Follow the P90X schedule, but rotate thru the insanity disks for the cardio days.

Not sure how much of this thread you back read, but a great routine that I do is the P90X/Insanity combo. Follow the P90X schedule, but rotate thru the insanity disks for the cardio days.
I've read exactly 1 page. This one. I'm sure there's good info in here, but any thread > 9 pages is more than I'm likely to go searching through.

If it sticks, I'll probably have to give that a try. I'm a little concerned about impact, since I have a bad knee. I figure I've survived about 60-ish spins through Plyo without any issues. Comparable?

I've read exactly 1 page. This one. I'm sure there's good info in here, but any thread > 9 pages is more than I'm likely to go searching through.

If it sticks, I'll probably have to give that a try. I'm a little concerned about impact, since I have a bad knee. I figure I've survived about 60-ish spins through Plyo without any issues. Comparable?
Much higher impact than Plyo-x. I have a bad knee. I do Insanity in bare feet on a carpet with thick padding in the basement. I also wear a simple medium support knee brace. Some days my knee is sore, some not. I just have to concentrate while jumping to land softly. I never had knee isues with Plyo-x.

I just got this program from my brother, he made it 4 days and quit. Read about 6 pages and sounds like a #####. Wasn't going to do the fit test tomorrow but sounds like hard work so I will do that and follow the schedule.

I finished the program. I lost my fit test 3 results but they were in line with fit test 2.

SK - 90 - 134 - 136 -138
PJ - 35 - 42 - 45 - 50
PK - 65 - 86 - 92 - 106
PJ - 38 - 34 - 34 - 53!
GJ - 10 - 10 - 12 - 12
SJ - 15 - 20 - 22 - 23
PUJ - 28 - 35 - 44 - 45
LPO - 38 - 42 - 49 - 58 (Counting 1-2-1)
Weight - 151 - 153 - 152 - 148

Users who are viewing this thread