What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

INSANITY (5 Viewers)

I am really disappointed that I did not get to finish this. I got through about 2.5 weeks and then tried to modify the workouts around my soccer schedule and my knee couldn't handle it. I've been basically nursing tendonitis and quad/hammy issues for the past 3 months now, which I think is mainly attributed to the Insanity, which caused a flareup in my arthritis (that I didn't even know I had before starting Insanity).

It's a shame too because I was seeing immediate results in my core strength. I'm thinking about giving it another go this winter depending on my knee's recovery, but it just might not be possible.

I really do strongly recommend that you do not try this program if you have weak knees.

Found a "used" copy on Amazon for $10.00

2.5 weeks into this and sweatin my #### off. Great workout but hell on the knees if you land too hard or form gets off. That latina in the front left (looking at the tv) makes doing the yoga moves hard.

Every time this thread is bumped it reminded me what a bad idea this program was to do for someone out of shape.

By week 3 I had: plantar fasciitis, knee tendinitis, sciatic nerve flare up, and a pulled quad.

Maybe I'll try again

If you are out of shape try T25 Focus first or Sanity Check. Both are good entry points to the full on program.

Question: I have had a problem with a pulled trap the last six weeks or so (re-aggravated it last week), but was thinking of trying Insanity, as I like a workout that is rigorous but doesn't involve lifting. Is this workout doable without fear of a re-injury?

Only one way to find out. Give it a shot. Not much in the first month that would aggravate it. You can always modify the stuff when you're on the floor.

If you are out of shape try T25 Focus first or Sanity Check. Both are good entry points to the full on program.
Came in here to ask if anyone has done this program. Appealing from the time perspective, but have heard it is just a condensed Insanity with no breaks. Not sure if I am up for that (did Insanity for 18 months, but coming up on two years since ending that cycle with minimal physical activity, so back at square one again).

Came in here to ask if anyone has done this program. Appealing from the time perspective, but have heard it is just a condensed Insanity with no breaks. Not sure if I am up for that (did Insanity for 18 months, but coming up on two years since ending that cycle with minimal physical activity, so back at square one again).
I do T25 periodically. it's basically Insanity light with no breaks. You'll likely find it very challenging at first, just stop when you need to. After 2 months you'll be ready to step up to Insanity.

Anyone doing Insanity Max :30?

Best workout I've ever had. So intense. I've been doing them in my garage, in Florida, in May. I've never sweat so much in my life.

I did the 1st day workout yesterday....the Fit Test and then I skimmed through some of the other videos. Some thoughts....The workout is indeed pretty tough, but it's nothing really new and different. It's stuff like jumping squats, planks, power knees, etc. You could really put together a similiar workout and maybe add some sprints in there on your own. Also, I thought it was funny that the trainer, Shaun T., was the same guy from that cheesy video Hip Hop Abs. I don't think he does a great job of motivating you or getting you pumped during the workouts. He actually sounds kind of gay.I will say that I liked the nutritional booklet. It has some new recipes and eating suggestions that I'll use.
That's because he is gay

Still think the most useful beachbody program is BodyBeast right now. A mix of bodybeast and insanity, perhaps on alternating days would get anyone jacked or ripped depending on what type of diet they followed.

Still think the most useful beachbody program is BodyBeast right now. A mix of bodybeast and insanity, perhaps on alternating days would get anyone jacked or ripped depending on what type of diet they followed.
Do you need a full set of weights for BodyBeast or are dumbbells enough?

I did Body Beast for a while but just not my thing. When I'm lifting, I like to push heavy weight, which is not what Body Beast is about. Tried a few different ways but I think a good lifting program along with something like Insanity 3 days a week will get you the best overall results.

I did Body Beast for a while but just not my thing. When I'm lifting, I like to push heavy weight, which is not what Body Beast is about. Tried a few different ways but I think a good lifting program along with something like Insanity 3 days a week will get you the best overall results.
If you have access to a big gym a 5x5 alternated with insanity is even better. Most people do the videos because they don't have that access.

Do you need a full set of weights for BodyBeast or are dumbbells enough?
Dumbells are plenty but you gotta have a bench. Nfw a stability ball is worth using.

If you have access to a big gym a 5x5 alternated with insanity is even better. Most people do the videos because they don't have that access.
I tend to stay 3-5 on my power lifts and 10-12 roughly on others.

Since it appears no one is doing this anymore, has anyone tried Max 30?
I found my DVD's...just looking for the motivation!

I gotta do something. I did it a couple of years ago, got frustrated with it. I think I did it for nearly a month and didn't lose any weight. I'm sure I should have eaten better or at least have stayed with it.

I enjoy working out but can't see doing the entire program in 2 months. Lifting a couple days a week and insanity 2 or 3 days a week with a good diet is how I like to do it. Im not really looking to lose weight and run during the summer months, though.

Since it appears no one is doing this anymore, has anyone tried Max 30?
I found my DVD's...just looking for the motivation!

I gotta do something. I did it a couple of years ago, got frustrated with it. I think I did it for nearly a month and didn't lose any weight. I'm sure I should have eaten better or at least have stayed with it.
Most of the gains (or losses) on HIIT happens after about the 30 day mark. If you look at people's progress pics taken every 2 weeks the most noticeable change is roughly halfway thru the 2nd month. I would approach it that the first month is meant to prepare you for the second month where you'll get all the benefits.

I enjoy working out but can't see doing the entire program in 2 months. Lifting a couple days a week and insanity 2 or 3 days a week with a good diet is how I like to do it. Im not really looking to lose weight and run during the summer months, though.
Great plan except for this part. Horrible exercise.

My wife and I just picked up a copy of Insanity. We'll be starting soon. I've already read through the thread so I sort of have an idea of the pain I'm about to endure.

why's that
Running is horrible for your joints, back, etc. There are many other ways to increase your cardiac health that don't involve the pounding your body takes from running.

If I could change a few things about the program from the first month:

The "Power" one whatever it's called might not really need to come in as often as it does. It's pretty damn repetitive from Plyo imo.

I would swap that with BodyBeast Lucky7, TotalBody, Or TotalBodyCardio depending on how much time you have. I'd also do the original P90x AbRipperX instead of his ab workout.

why's that
Running is horrible for your joints, back, etc. There are many other ways to increase your cardiac health that don't involve the pounding your body takes from running.
I see it a little differently

The "Power" one whatever it's called might not really need to come in as often as it does. It's pretty damn repetitive from Plyo imo.

I would swap that with BodyBeast Lucky7, TotalBody, Or TotalBodyCardio depending on how much time you have. I'd also do the original P90x AbRipperX instead of his ab workout.
21 Day Fix is pretty good too (don't laugh).

why's that
Eh, you'll probably see it a little differently again when you're older. But whatever, as long as people exercise they're ok by me.

P90X AbRipper is the shiz.

why's that
He just hates it because he sucks at it.

Now that I can agree with!

why's that
He just hates it because he sucks at it.
lol, I ran all through my 30's and used to be decently fast for a bigger dude. Age 40, roughly 210lbs, 19:40 5k on a reasonably hilly course. I had to quit though due to my back and knees killing me all the time. I took up lifting and biking/elliptical and look and feel much better.

Regardless, any exercise is 1000x better than no exercise in my book!

• Smile
Reactions: Ned

Now that I can agree with!
A first for me and Ned when it comes to workout philosophy!

Users who are viewing this thread