What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Is Dez Bryant due for a big (negative) stat correction? (1 Viewer)

Regis said:
I thought I won 186.5 to 186. Just saw the "correction" and now I lost 186 to 184.5. That 1 play cost me AT LEAST $150 in winnings and eliminates me from competing for $5100 more. I think I will remember this play for a long time.
That does totally suck, but look at it this way: You never actually had those points, you just thought you did because the scorer initially messed up. If they had scored it correctly to begin with, you would have thought you lost a heartbreaker, and maybe focused on some other point swing in your lineup. Also, it's hard to view that play as "unlucky"; Dez basically had a non-contact fumble, and if the Giants had managed to recover it rather than knocking it out of bounds, he would have lost an additional two points.

Any of this helping? If not, just remind yourself that it still pales in comparison to the most agonizing moment in fantasy history.

Stay of reprieve! Thank you Elias. (oh boy my opponent was pissed, posted something wanting commish to overturn....loser)

Well this change didn't effect me since I had already lost. But I had originally lost by .5. Would have been pissed if Garcon had 1 more garbage time catch at the end of the Skins game and I lost because of the Dez stat correction.

I think I win the heartbreaking story of the year, at least relating to this play. In the FPC high stakes contest I am playing week 12 playoffs for a guaranteed $500, with a chance to win $1500 in week 13, and a roughly 1 in 1200 chance to win $250,000 weeks 14-16. Going into Monday night I am down 30.5 points with RG3, Gore, and V.Davis going, 1.5 per TE reception. Avg of 10 points per player I love my chances. RG3 and Gore suck a d***, but Davis gets me 19 points. Redskins have the ball 4th and 15 on the last "meaningful" play of the game. I am down 124.95-124.75. RG3 scrambles for 8 yards and I "win" 125.55-124.95 and win $500 with a chance to play for $1500. But no I have Bryant and yesterday the score gets adjusted and I lose 124.95-123.85. WTF! This team was so stacked I had too many choices and over coached benching Gordon's 43 pts for Alshon Jeffery 8 pt crap performance. In the end it is my own fault, and I guess the points were never mine to begin with, but what a rollercoaster ride that ended with the car derailing and a big crash and burn.

How is this team not playing for a championship:

RG3 (dead to me)

R.Wilson

J.Cutler

E.Lacy

F.Gore (seriously 31 yards against the Skins!)

S.Vereen

T.Richardson (bum)

J.Stewart (bum)

D.Bryant

J.Nelson

J.Gordon

A.Jeffery

P.Harvin

V.Davis

J.Cook

C.Clay

J.Carlson (1.5 yards per reception and can start 3 TE in this league)

NFL.com still lists Dez as having 101 yards. If the NFL actually changed his stats, then wouldn't it show up on their website?

I am slightly confused because the report came from ESPN blog, and ESPN changed the game stats, but NFL and CBS didn't.

Is it possible that it was a false report? How does this all work?

NFL.com still lists Dez as having 101 yards. If the NFL actually changed his stats, then wouldn't it show up on their website?

I am slightly confused because the report came from ESPN blog, and ESPN changed the game stats, but NFL and CBS didn't.

Is it possible that it was a false report? How does this all work?
Not necessarily, no. They don't always go back and make corrections to box scores, play by play, etc. Actually I'm not sure if they ever change them, but I know of changes in the past that definitely weren't reflected there.

This is why I always recommend that leagues put in their rules that their host site is the final say on what is the correct stat rather than referring to some 3rd party (like NFL.com) as the final say. And choose a site that does a good job getting it correct, giving you the scoring options your league desires, etc.

Users who are viewing this thread