What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Is Greg Jennings a Good Buy Low Candidate? (1 Viewer)

For the first time in a long time, my pessimism is fading for Jennings.

I love to hear him speak out - to know that he's as frustrated as his fantasy owners are (lol). That helps confirm that it's not due to his wrist and he's not truly a decoy of sorts. More importantly, there's NOTHING quite like upgrading your tackles to help your pass protection...

Finally, we all know now that Cincy's Dline is much better than thought. STL's strength on defense (if they have one) is their Dline. And add in Minny and Chicago and GB has faced 4 tougher than average Dlines. You have to like how the schedule shakes out now. I think once Jennings gets going, it's going to be hard to stop it.

His value is so low right now that I couldn't get true value so I was hoping/praying for some good oline news and I'm happy that I also got the Jennings comments. He can only go up from here...

Hopefully Grant gets it going as well so that the offense opens up more as well.

I offered up Steve Smith NYG+ Heath Miller for Jennings+Owen Daniels, then I canceled it cause I got scared. I am putting it back up now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Better get him now becasue he's #####ing and has every right to do so.

The Milwaukee Journal Sentinel reports what Packers WR Greg Jennings said Monday about his lack of production couldn't have been more clear unless he conducted his interview with Keyshawn Johnson's book, "Just Give Me the Damn Ball!" propped up in his locker. "They know how I feel," Jennings said of the coaching staff. "As a competitor, I would hope they know that I want the ball. When I'm in the meeting and I'm looking at myself running wide open and I'm not getting the opportunity, yes, I am pissed - get me the doggone ball . . . no (just kidding). I feel like that when I get the ball in my hands, good things happen. Period. I mean, it's not an arrogant statement. It's not an 'I better get the ball' type deal. It's fact. :unsure: And we always talk about being a real team, and what are the facts? Those are the facts. When we get the ball in our hands, we make plays."
Well it's about time. Let's crank up this bandwagon :lmao:

If you think it's likely that GB's pass protection will improve and that Jennings' wrist isn't going to be an ongoing issue and that Jennings' frustration level won't cause any sort of problems, then Jennings is a buy.

I doubt you can get much of a discount though.

I was :lmao: when I saw him on our WW. Quickly grabbed him and sent Royal to the WW

Some owners are just to quick to drop.

Traded Reggie Bush, Donnie Avery and Brent Celek for Jennings, Royal, & Pettigrew in a 12 team Dynasty league last week.

I traded S Jax & B Berrian for Jennings and Felix Jones.

I am tied at 5-1 with the team I traded.

I have AJ, Holmes, Jennings & Hester as my starting WR corp (0.5 ppr)

Mark Clayton & Chaz Schilens are riding pine for when needed and able to contribute.

I like that he spoke out and glad it was not in an Ocho or TO style.

It shows me he has motivation for the team and himself.

I like the situation Jennings offers.

I have Driver so I don't think it's really necessary to try to deal for him. Already have DeSean and Maclin from the same team and that's already giving me headaches lol.

Really try to pry him off my buddy last week who had Jennings and about 4 other starters on a bye

Offered Knowshon + Housh for Jennings...he said Im crazy (and after how each looked last week, told him this offer is off the table)

Asked him about Kev Smith for Jennings...he said he'd look into it, although I mostly threw that out there to get an idea of how much he still valued Jennings

I think Im going to try Slaton for Jennings straight up and see what happens

Ted Lange as your Bartender said:
towney said:
I was :thumbup: when I saw him on our WW. Quickly grabbed him and sent Royal to the WW

Some owners are just to quick to drop.
:irony:
Not really. If you had choice, and rest of your roster was on lock, you'd rather hold onto royal over jennings?!? Me thinks not...

Holy Smokers!!

Guy just accepted my trade offer of TJ Housh+Heath Miller for Greg Jennings+Owen Daniels!

BUY BUY BUY!!

I was able to buy low on Jennings. Offered Caddy straight across to another owner who had some RB depth problems. This was about 2 weeks ago though when Caddy was what I considered a sell high. He's fallen back to earth somewhat since that time.

In my league Portis & Jennings were traded for K. Smith and Britt. :shrug: Serves me right for thinking his price would be too high. The guy that got Smith and Britt, basically killed his WR core.

he has:

RB- CJ, Smith, Coffee, Ward, Greene

WR- Marshall, Britt, Clayton (Balt.), Stokley

Schedule looks good, nice stretch, very nice stretch:

6 10/18/09 1:00pm DET - - - - -

7 10/25/09 1:00pm @CLE - - - - -

8 11/01/09 1:00pm MIN - - - - -

9 11/08/09 1:00pm @TB - - - - -

10 11/15/09 4:15pm DAL - - - - -

11 11/22/09 1:00pm SF - - - - -

12 11/26/09 12:30pm @DET

Before the weekend, I was offered to trade my Edwards/Cooper for Jennings/Peppers. I happily accepted.

Already had DeSean/White/MSW but he's a nice addition, with some young potential like Garcon and Bennett

A few days ago, I packaged Dwayne Bowe and Miles Austin in a trade for Greg Jennings in my Dynasty league (in which 40 yard and 50 yard gains are generously rewarded), making my starting WR's: Calvin Johnson, DeSean Jackson, and Jennings :yes: :coffee: ... with Hakeem Nicks, Chaz Schilens, Jordy Nelson, and Michael Crabtree on my bench. :goodposting:

Greg Jennings should have a monstrous game this week.

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/64181457.html

So on Monday, position coach Jimmy Robinson implored his receivers to recommit to the YAC.

"Most of our plays have been taking shots," said Green Bay receiver Donald Driver. "I mean, all season long we've been trying to take shots. When you have so much success on the deep ball, you want to try everybody. And we've been killing people on the big plays.

"We just haven't been killing people on the quick plays, and I think that's where our game is at. Everybody knows that once the ball is in our hands, we're a dangerous team."

Headed into the game against Detroit on Sunday, Green Bay may change the strategy just a little.

"Obviously, we're still going to take chances down the field, but I think you'll see a lot more (short, quick passes)," said Packers receiver James Jones. "We start throwing our little stuff, our YAC should skyrocket. But we need to do it. Starting now."
Seems like they are wanting to get back to some things that were successful in 2007 and 2008.Hope this is big for Jennings and that crew. Though, they might also spread it around some.

I think they need to get James Jones involved more too...

LOCO said:
trade bradshaw and hester for jennings..... :confused: :confused: :confused:
I offered Lynch + Hester and the Jennings owner is thinking it over.Told him I might even go PThomas + Hester.In dynasty good WR's are hard to come by.I think he will return to top-10 status soon.

I was just offered Jennings + Forte for Steve Smith (NYG) + Chicago D/ST in a non-PPR league. All the stats say to go for it, but my gut tells me not to make this deal.

Do you think it is worth it to offer Calvin for him? Calvin is probably out this week and has bye next week ....Jennings already past his bye so you get the extra 2 weeks production.

Don't sleep on Jenning's if you have the chance. The Packer offense will right the ship and Rogers is a top notch QB. Had a chance to watch Jenning's presser last week and he will get back on track. Sure glad a over reacting owner in our league dropped him last week, I didn't think twice on picking him right up.

Do you think it is worth it to offer Calvin for him? Calvin is probably out this week and has bye next week ....Jennings already past his bye so you get the extra 2 weeks production.
Never thought of it that way. I was offered Jennings and LT for Calvin and Jamal Lewis and turned it down as I traded Fitz for Calvin 2 weeks before (guy that drafted my team when I was away had the epiphony to draft all 3 AZ WRs for me...lol). Anyway, this was before the CJ speculation of missing the GB game. Both me and the other owner are 1-4, so I might as well give it a shot again...I just don't believe in Jennings (especially in PPR), and LT is really on the LJ, Jamal Lewis heap at this point.

I traded S Jax & B Berrian for Jennings and Felix Jones.

I am tied at 5-1 with the team I traded.

I have AJ, Holmes, Jennings & Hester as my starting WR corp (0.5 ppr)

Mark Clayton & Chaz Schilens are riding pine for when needed and able to contribute.

I like that he spoke out and glad it was not in an Ocho or TO style.

It shows me he has motivation for the team and himself.

I like the situation Jennings offers.
Huh?

I'm in; but I just traded Westbrook for him in a PPR. Have a feeling the team gets it together this week and Jennings is heavily involved.

What will really scare people is if Finley puts up another 100 yards on more deep pass attempts this week.
The GREAT thing would be if teams start covering Finley and the rest of the guys more so that Jennings is f'in open. Then it's just a matter of Rodgers LOOKING his way... not so sure on that part but crossing my fingers.

He's a big name sure...but Rodgers has no time to toss the deep ball this year. I say he has a down year and is a good sleeper in next years draft after the Packers address the o-line issues.

He's a big name sure...but Rodgers has no time to toss the deep ball this year. I say he has a down year and is a good sleeper in next years draft after the Packers address the o-line issues.
Read above re: signing an olineman this week and the return of Clifton. Two new tackles could = relatively instant positive impact... depending on how much time it takes for the line to gel.

Read above re: signing an olineman this week and the return of Clifton. Two new tackles could = relatively instant positive impact... depending on how much time it takes for the line to gel.
:fingerscrossed:Also have to think that coming out of the bye the game plan is adjusted to get their most explosive offensive player the ball more. I think you'll see more intermediate routes and a very strong game from Jennings even if the line is marginally better.

NatronIsMean said:
Darko M said:
2 new tackles? Well, sort of.CLifton started the year and got hurt in game 2.Tauscher will be new for this year...but not new.Once he is in shape, I doubt it takes long to gel given his number of years on that team, with that offense, and with all but Sitton on the line.

NatronIsMean said:
Darko M said:
2 new tackles? Well, sort of.CLifton started the year and got hurt in game 2.Tauscher will be new for this year...but not new.Once he is in shape, I doubt it takes long to gel given his number of years on that team, with that offense, and with all but Sitton on the line.
Appreciate the insight --

Users who are viewing this thread