What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Is Greg Jennings a Good Buy Low Candidate? (2 Viewers)

Not to rain on anyone's parade here but Rodgers better hold up.

The guy is still getting killed back there and I don't see how he can finish the season taking shot after shot every game the way he does.

Have no idea whether he is a buy low or sell high option. I may try to buy low...but yesterday's performance may make the price a little more than I'[m willing to pay.

Have no idea whether he is a buy low or sell high option. I may try to buy low...but yesterday's performance may make the price a little more than I'[m willing to pay.
Yesterday's performance wasn't even as good as people thought it was either....very appropriate given Jenning's season:
For anybody who started Donald Lee yesterday and/or their opponent started Greg Jennings and the final margin was only one or two points, it's worth noting that nfl.com has given a 7-yard reception to 85 Jennings yesterday (on 3rd and 6 with 3.16 left in the fourth) that was definitely caught by 86 Lee. Is it still the Elias Sports Bureau that analyses games for corrections, and if so is this the kind of thing they can be relied on to spot, and how soon would adjustments typically be made? Obviously it's not a huge yardage difference but in PPR leagues there's a possible 3-point turnaround if Jennings is on one team and Lee on the other.

Yesterday's performance wasn't even as good as people thought it was either....very appropriate given Jenning's season:
For anybody who started Donald Lee yesterday and/or their opponent started Greg Jennings and the final margin was only one or two points, it's worth noting that nfl.com has given a 7-yard reception to 85 Jennings yesterday (on 3rd and 6 with 3.16 left in the fourth) that was definitely caught by 86 Lee. Is it still the Elias Sports Bureau that analyses games for corrections, and if so is this the kind of thing they can be relied on to spot, and how soon would adjustments typically be made? Obviously it's not a huge yardage difference but in PPR leagues there's a possible 3-point turnaround if Jennings is on one team and Lee on the other.
I don't understand the motivation here. Really going the extra mile with every possible number to argue against Jennings. Are you trying to trade for him?

I don't understand the motivation here. Really going the extra mile with every possible number to argue against Jennings. Are you trying to trade for him?
The motivation is to share facts and hard data so people can make informed decisions for themselves. Most people appreciate knowing about the targets, the reasons behind them, and accurate statistics. I let data tell the story, then comment accordingly.Jennings has had a decline in targets this year. His numbers have suffered as a result. When GB lost two viable targets this week, he saw a spike in activity. He also benefitted from not playing against Winfield this week, a guy who most of us watched be responsible for keeping him under wraps in their first meeting. Not sure how this can be construed as "arguing against" him.

The motivation is to share facts and hard data so people can make informed decisions for themselves. Most people appreciate knowing about the targets, the reasons behind them, and accurate statistics. I let data tell the story, then comment accordingly.Jennings has had a decline in targets this year. His numbers have suffered as a result. When GB lost two viable targets this week, he saw a spike in activity. He also benefitted from not playing against Winfield this week, a guy who most of us watched be responsible for keeping him under wraps in their first meeting. Not sure how this can be construed as "arguing against" him.
I guess I mention it because of this....
Sell immediately if you can find a sucker who thinks he's going to have more weeks like this after Nelson and Finley return.
What about the hard facts that state he's 25 years old, the team just resigned him for WR #1 money, they said on the broadcast yesterday that Rodgers mentioned he wants to get the ball to Jennings more, and that in the last 3 weeks he's tied for the 3rd most targeted WR in the NFL? Is that all just a spike due to other receivers on the team being hurt and opposing CB injuries?

Last edited by a moderator:
Here is some real numbers for you.

Driver first 4 weeks had 29 targets

Jennings had 22

last 3 weeks

Driver 21

Jennings 28

oh yeah and Driver is not hurt so don't use that excuse.

Bottom line the first few weeks the plan was to hit Jennings deep and the O--line made that impossible. The last 3 weeks they obviously changed Jennings routes in order to get him the ball. He is getting the targets Driver used to get.

Has nothing to do with Finley/Nelson.

That #'s support it and GB has been vocal about gettings Jennings the ball and the numbers support that as well.

Sell immediately if you can find a sucker who thinks he's going to have more weeks like this after Nelson and Finley return.
What about the hard facts that state he's 25 years old, the team just resigned him for WR #1 money,
Probably more relevant for Keeper/Dynasty formats as opposed to this year. Contractwill be interesting to look at in a few years depending on if a new CBA gets finalized.
they said on the broadcast yesterday that Rodgers mentioned he wants to get the ball to Jennings more, and that in the last 3 weeks he's tied for the 3rd most targeted WR in the NFL? Is that all just a spike due to other receivers on the team being hurt and opposing CB injuries?
He's averged 9 targets a week the past three, buoyed primarily by the 12 (actually 11) he received yesterday because of the WR/CB injuries .So I say absolutely yes, the targets are an outlier based on circumstances.Do you really expect him to average 9 targets a game the rest of the season?

What about the hard facts that state he's 25 years old, the team just resigned him for WR #1 money,
Probably more relevant for Keeper/Dynasty formats as opposed to this year. Contractwill be interesting to look at in a few years depending on if a new CBA gets finalized.
they said on the broadcast yesterday that Rodgers mentioned he wants to get the ball to Jennings more, and that in the last 3 weeks he's tied for the 3rd most targeted WR in the NFL? Is that all just a spike due to other receivers on the team being hurt and opposing CB injuries?
He's averged 9 targets a week the past three, buoyed primarily by the 12 (actually 11) he received yesterday because of the WR/CB injuries .So I say absolutely yes, the targets are an outlier based on circumstances.Do you really expect him to average 9 targets a game the rest of the season?
No I expect more.

He's averged 9 targets a week the past three, buoyed primarily by the 12 (actually 11) he received yesterday because of the WR/CB injuries .So I say absolutely yes, the targets are an outlier based on circumstances.

Do you really expect him to average 9 targets a game the rest of the season?
Yes, I do expect an average of 9 per game, barring injury. You don't because of Finley and Nelson?I would say the game where he received 3 targets is the outlier, personally.

Yes, I do expect an average of 9 per game, barring injury. You don't because of Finley and Nelson?I would say the game where he received 3 targets is the outlier, personally.
No I expect more.
OK, you both expect him to average 9 or more targets a game, and he has only one game with more than 9 this season.I'll take the under. Care to make a friendly wager on it?

No I expect more.
OK, you both expect him to average 9 or more targets a game, and he has only one game with more than 9 this season.I'll take the under. Care to make a friendly wager on it?
WoW!!! Playing the internet wager card. Your hard core.

Bump after his latest game. He got targets but didn't do much with them. He's been one of the most heavily targeted receivers the last 4 weeks.

Bump after his latest game. He got targets but didn't do much with them. He's been one of the most heavily targeted receivers the last 4 weeks.
I sold him, but I still feel like this guy is poised for a breakout. Call it a gut feeling but I think there could be some pretty high numbers the rest of the way. I think Thompson needs to address the line in the draft and FA, but most people know this.

Sent Ochocinco for Witten and Jennings after Daniels went down.

Here's to hoping 2 underperformers start picking it up.

Here is some real numbers for you.Driver first 4 weeks had 29 targetsJennings had 22last 3 weeksDriver 21Jennings 28oh yeah and Driver is not hurt so don't use that excuse.Bottom line the first few weeks the plan was to hit Jennings deep and the O--line made that impossible. The last 3 weeks they obviously changed Jennings routes in order to get him the ball. He is getting the targets Driver used to get. Has nothing to do with Finley/Nelson.That #'s support it and GB has been vocal about gettings Jennings the ball and the numbers support that as well.
I think the only problem left here is a lack of TD's.Am I wrong or does it seem like Jones is getting the breakaway/deep TD's that Jennings used to get last year and the year before?

Users who are viewing this thread