What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Is it me or is EVERYONE making offers to Brady owners? (1 Viewer)

gianmarco

Footballguy
Of no surprise, it's becoming clearly evident that the sharks are circling around Brady owners. I know that I've made several offers myself to them and keep hearing from more and more people how they are doing the same and what they are offering. I can't imagine all of the trade offers in Brady owner's inboxes and what they must look like.

So, in dynasty leagues in particular (esp. without an IR spot), what have you offered or been offered for Brady? The blood is in the water..........

Of no surprise, it's becoming clearly evident that the sharks are circling around Brady owners. I know that I've made several offers myself to them and keep hearing from more and more people how they are doing the same and what they are offering. I can't imagine all of the trade offers in Brady owner's inboxes and what they must look like.So, in dynasty leagues in particular (esp. without an IR spot), what have you offered or been offered for Brady? The blood is in the water..........
I'm a Brady owner, only got one offer so far. Kurt Warner + Hines Ward for Terrell Owens. I said no.The P. Manning owner is in dire need of RB's, though, and indicated that he will make me an offer later today...

The Brady owner in one of my leagues also has Vince Young as his only backup. Considering an offer that would involve sending him Cutler for Witten.

The only league I own him in is a dynasty. No offers yet, but I might throw some out there after waivers process.

Brady owner in a startup dynasty had three starting QB's (Brady, VY & Rivers).

:hophead:

I guess he somehow knew he would need Rivers :wall:

I have personally offered up Warner/2009 1st for Chris Johnson. Not holding my breath. Warner seems to be a common theme so far.

I have personally offered up Warner/2009 1st for Chris Johnson. Not holding my breath. Warner seems to be a common theme so far.
Makes sense... drafted as a backup in most leagues, high upside, high risk of injury. Most teams have as good or better option available. Wish I had him to offer.

No offers yet. Wish Portis had made a better debut, would love to have gotten a Romo or Brees for him.

I got 2 offers this morning.

Garrard and Ginn I would give garcia anf Fitz

Rodgers I would give Fitz

Needless to say I declined both. I'll try the WW first.

In a smaller dynasty league, the Brady owner(big Eagles homer and reigning league champion) totally panicked and did the following:

Gave:

Brady

Cutler

Westbrook

Calvin Johnson

Randy Moss

Received:

McNabb

Kolb

MTurner

LEvans

HWard

We don't have a voting process so the trade automatically goes through but it clearly was the worst trade in our league's 15 yr history.

Just traded Warner straight up for Roddy White. I can use the WR depth and I'm comfy at QB with Cutler and decent waiver wire pickings.

Redraft, Brady owner's backups are Derek Anderson and Leinart.

I offered McNabb for Steve Smith (leaving me with Cutler at QB).

In a smaller dynasty league, the Brady owner(big Eagles homer and reigning league champion) totally panicked and did the following:Gave:BradyCutlerWestbrookCalvin JohnsonRandy MossReceived:McNabbKolbMTurnerLEvansHWardWe don't have a voting process so the trade automatically goes through but it clearly was the worst trade in our league's 15 yr history.
Wow, thats pretty bad. No, strike that. Thats f'n awful.

In a smaller dynasty league, the Brady owner(big Eagles homer and reigning league champion) totally panicked and did the following:Gave:BradyCutlerWestbrookCalvin JohnsonRandy MossReceived:McNabbKolbMTurnerLEvansHWardWe don't have a voting process so the trade automatically goes through but it clearly was the worst trade in our league's 15 yr history.
Are you sure he's not quitting the league?

What is a "Kolb"?Just askin... :lmao:

Offered McNabb (Brady owner is from Philly) for E. Graham.

Brady owners backup is Leinart. I was surprised when he laughed at me! Was I asking too much for McNabb?

im honestly thinking about this from the flip side of things.

Maybe Brady owners will trade him for a lesser qb thats starting.

Rivers for Brady...thats if you have another viable option at qb.

I think Brady can be had pretty cheap to the point that he actually is a buy and hold in a dynasty format, especially those with an IR spot.

I haven't gotten any offers so far.

Though it's a 2 QB-via-flex league, so few people have QBs to spare. And I have Hasselbeck, Bulger, and Russell, so I'm probably still in better QB situation than some, even if none of them have looked good yet.

What is a "Kolb"?Just askin... :confused:
Um...McNabb's backup QB-Kevin Kolb-PHI?

What is a "Kolb"?Just askin... :lol:
Um...McNabb's backup QB-Kevin Kolb-PHI?
Hmm...I thought it was Kolby Smith.

Offered McNabb (Brady owner is from Philly) for E. Graham.Brady owners backup is Leinart. I was surprised when he laughed at me! Was I asking too much for McNabb?
I would have jumped at that as a Brady owner. He's either putting on a front, has better options, or is stupid.I would taunt him with every forward Warrick Dunn TD and with the return of Cadillac mercilessly for the rest of the year if I were you.

Offered McNabb (Brady owner is from Philly) for E. Graham.Brady owners backup is Leinart. I was surprised when he laughed at me! Was I asking too much for McNabb?
I would have jumped at that as a Brady owner. He's either putting on a front, has better options, or is stupid.I would taunt him with every forward Warrick Dunn TD and with the return of Cadillac mercilessly for the rest of the year if I were you.
He countered with Medenhall for McNabb and has no other offers. Needless to say, I will just laugh all season as McNabb puts up good numbers against the subpar teams he plays this year (Philly has a pretty easy schedule vs. the pass this year).

i usually don't post in these threads, but then again, i usually don't do much trading.

i gave up Maroney and Chambers for Cutler and 2nd round rookie pick.

dynasty league. only had Warner behind Brady.

12 yeam dynasty

I offered Garrard or Matt Ryan, Willie Parker or Thomas Jones, a 2nd round pick next year(that I recieved from this same guy for a 4th he used to draft Brohm), and Hines Ward for Marshawn Lynch. He said no because he doesn't think he can win this year w/o Brady. He has Orton as his only other viable QB option.

12 yeam dynasty

I offered Garrard or Matt Ryan, Willie Parker or Thomas Jones, a 2nd round pick next year(that I recieved from this same guy for a 4th he used to draft Brohm), and Hines Ward for Marshawn Lynch. He said no because he doesn't think he can win this year w/o Brady. He has Orton as his only other viable QB option.
:brush:

brady owner. no offers at all. i think everyone assumes that i will be the one to initiate discussion. i won't. i plan on riding delhomme unless someone makes a decent offer...which most likely won't happen. in situations like these, everyone seems to try and take advantage instead of working out a mutually beneficial deal.

Redraft league where I had Brady and Garrard, and at RB I have Parker, T. Jones, Turner and LJ. Offered a guy Turner for Cutler.

He has Hasselback, Culter and Pennington (Matt is who he has starting) and at RB has SJax, Maroney and Ricky Williams.

Hoping the sell high value of Turner coupled with the poor starts and outlooks of his three RB's will make the deal appealing.

That's exactly what I texted him with the moment I heard of it. Pretty disappointing to say the least. As commish I might have to address the issue somehow.

Brady owner here .. 2 offers i'm considering

Auction league (150 cap) / Standard scoring / 6pts td

Background: No Back-up to Brady, Cassel on claims for blind bids, really no other QBs out there (Ryan, Jackson, Leinart etc.)

Offer #1

I Get: Palmer ($19)

I Give: Galloway ($7) (My WR situation is Housh, Cotchery, Galloway, Royall, Reg Williams, Ron Curry)

Offer #2

I Get: Favre ($2) + Bucs Def ($1)

I Give: Hightower ($1) + Chargers Def ($8) + Reg Williams ($3) (My RBs situation in barber, FWP, Forte and Hightower)

I like Hightower a lot, and he would make a nice keeper for next year, but favre seems to be a solid QB replacement for the rest of the year. Palmer scares the hell out of me and he's expensive. i can use my brady cap room to pray on the claims. :bye:

I lost Brady and i feel i just pulled a decent deal for myself. I got cotchery and warner for plaxico and kevin smith, who was my 4th rb. hoping warner catches lighting in a bottle like he did the second half of last year.

Had a log jam at qb with Big Ben Cutler Warner and Flacco and just traded Warner (not to the brady owner) but to the Vince Young/J.Cambell owner for a future 2nd round pick.

i usually don't post in these threads, but then again, i usually don't do much trading.i gave up Maroney and Chambers for Cutler and 2nd round rookie pick.dynasty league. only had Warner behind Brady.
Interesting. Many post here say they are offering Warner to the Brady owner and here you have him and its not enough.

Background: No Back-up to Brady, Cassel on claims for blind bids, really no other QBs out there (Ryan, Jackson, Leinart etc.)

Offer #1

I Give: Galloway ($7) (My WR situation is Housh, Cotchery, Galloway, Royall, Reg Williams, Ron Curry)

Offer #2

I Give: Hightower ($1) + Chargers Def ($8) + Reg Williams ($3) (My RBs situation in barber, FWP, Forte and Hightower)

I like Hightower a lot, and he would make a nice keeper for next year, but favre seems to be a solid QB replacement for the rest of the year. Palmer scares the hell out of me and he's expensive. i can use my brady cap room to pray on the claims. :rant:
Excluding the money, I would go with Offer 1. With the money, Offer 2 is better, imho, given the cap room you mentioned.

brady owner. no offers at all. i think everyone assumes that i will be the one to initiate discussion. i won't. i plan on riding delhomme unless someone makes a decent offer...which most likely won't happen. in situations like these, everyone seems to try and take advantage instead of working out a mutually beneficial deal.
Solid strategy given that you have Delhomme. There are always options, though, and a little extra effort to initiate something may pay off. You know the other owners better than me, however.

i usually don't post in these threads, but then again, i usually don't do much trading.i gave up Maroney and Chambers for Cutler and 2nd round rookie pick.dynasty league. only had Warner behind Brady.
Interesting. Many post here say they are offering Warner to the Brady owner and here you have him and its not enough.
i think you have to have 2 QBs, and i like Warner better as a backup than having to rely on him all year.

In my keeper league that I commish, I'm giving him K Warner for basically nothing. I have Cutler and Schaub too so I feel I can spare Warner. While we are a competitive money league, we aren't cut throat and all the owners have signed off on this trade that normally would have been veto'd.

The WW in our league is bare, his backup as it is is JaMarcus Russell, and while one could certainly say it's his fault for having such a crappy backup, our league is of the opinion this is a good lesson to all owners and that trading/giving him a borderline starting QB with health issues is ok this time. If this was in the middle of the season or later I may not be so kind, but I hate to have him have a lost season before it even began.

Offer #1

Offer #2

I like Hightower a lot, and he would make a nice keeper for next year, but favre seems to be a solid QB replacement for the rest of the year. Palmer scares the hell out of me and he's expensive. i can use my brady cap room to pray on the claims. :thumbdown:
Excluding the money, I would go with Offer 1. With the money, Offer 2 is better, imho, given the cap room you mentioned.
Thanks for the input senior, I see it the same way as you do. If it was Palmer ($2) vs Favre ($2), I would go Palmer, but the extra $17 in cap room will only help me in claims during the season.

12 yeam dynasty

:banned:
Nice work on the reading comprehension there, guy. :hifive:

I own Brady in 2 dynasty leagues I projected to have the top talent going into the season. While I would love to keep him I suspect now is the time to sell for a QB plus an upgrade at RB/WR to go for it. I am also evaluating offers to sell off my older players and cash in the year.

Users who are viewing this thread