What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Is this forum still an Anti Trump Echo Chamber (Was: just a liberal echo chamber?) (3 Viewers)

The thing is, whether something is communicated by an emoji or written out, it’s practically the same. If someone quoted someone and posted, “your opinion expressed here is so stupid it made me laugh”, is that appropriate? If not, why is this different than how that emoji was often used here?

I get the idea that some want a forum where posters are free to be rude to one another. But most don’t. And Joe certainly doesn’t.
So, since you are reading peoples minds on what each emoji is are you going to spend the time policing every emoji for Joe to save him the time? We know you wouldn’t be able to do it fairly so then who are you nominated to police “your side” that I’m sure has the same intent you are worried about? 

Something written out like you show is way different than creating your own assumptions on what an emoji means.  But if a smiley is this troubling to you please propose a fair and reasonable solution beyond just creating a narrative, trying to annoy the mods until you get your way. It just seems like a bunch of old dudes on a message board trying to participate in cancel culture. This behavior is just reinforcing how much this his been a one sided echo chamber and continues to be. 

Biden will be remembered as a Carter/Johnson type president, but he will not accomplish anything near as much as either of them.  So sad.
I think I agree although not as familiar with Johnsons accomplishments. It is sad times, really zero expectations for Biden beyond not being Trump yet still a very negative first year of his presidency. 

GoBirds said:
So, since you are reading peoples minds on what each emoji is are you going to spend the time policing every emoji for Joe to save him the time? We know you wouldn’t be able to do it fairly so then who are you nominated to police “your side” that I’m sure has the same intent you are worried about? 
I’m not sure why you are asking me these questions. Nobody wants to police “every emoji”. Not even the moderators.

An aside, though, it didn’t take a mind reader to understand what was being conveyed when someone from the opposite political side gave the laughing emoji to someone who wasn’t making a joke. 

Biden will be remembered as a Carter/Johnson type president, but he will not accomplish anything near as much as either of them.  So sad.
You're probably right. And that's ok. I'll take it, since another thing Biden most definitely won't accomplish is encouraging his supporters to halt a peaceful, legal transfer of power through violence. 

The thing is, we should be demanding better. These candidates that are on our ballots are a joke 
No question.  The choices from both parties have been abysmal and the outlook for 2024 is terrible as well.

Apparently the Democrats think an 80+ year old Joe Biden and the Republicans think a twice-impeached Donald Trump are the best their parties have to offer in 2024.   

No wonder this country is screwed up but then as Cowboy said, it is our fault.

No question.  The choices from both parties have been abysmal and the outlook for 2024 is terrible as well.

Apparently the Democrats think an 80+ year old Joe Biden and the Republicans think a twice-impeached Donald Trump are the best their parties have to offer in 2024.   

No wonder this country is screwed up but then as Cowboy said, it is our fault.
Bernie. Bernie. Bernie. If he could only become younger...

Please become Benjamin Bernie Button.

Bernie. Bernie. Bernie. If he could only become younger...

Please become Benjamin Bernie Button.
Bernie blew it when he waxed poetic about Castro during the debates. Not even enough guile to sidestep it. I’d rather Sanders to Biden , Bernie is a codger but at least he still has his faculties 

Bernie blew it when he waxed poetic about Castro during the debates. Not even enough guile to sidestep it. I’d rather Sanders to Biden , Bernie is a codger but at least he still has his faculties 
I would add to this in saying that while I disagree with the vast majority of Bernie’s policy I do believe him to be a true believer.  He’s been fighting for the things he believes in for 40+ years.   My sense of him is his principled, and that’s a rare thing in Washington.  

Sanders even though though he is old as dirt too sounds much more coherant than Biden

Have not seen Bernie a whole lot but he never loses his train of thought like Biden does quite often.

I would add to this in saying that while I disagree with the vast majority of Bernie’s policy I do believe him to be a true believer.  He’s been fighting for the things he believes in for 40+ years.   My sense of him is his principled, and that’s a rare thing in Washington.  
Yes...I think we would have been much better off with Bernie over Hillary in 16 (nd then had he been able to beat Trump).  Because Bernie's craziest ideas...had no shot getting through a GOP congress...nor even the current Dem controlled congress.  Hell, Biden can't get things far less crazy than Bernie passed.  Bernie's principled behavior with the checks and balances of Congress would have likely been better for this country.  Both in 2016 and 2020

Users who are viewing this thread