What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Is Tom Brady the greatest quarterback EVER? (1 Viewer)

Well?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
In the previous SB wins, if you were to rank who was most important to them winning, you'd say:

1. Defense

2. Vinatieri

3. Brady

4. Branch (in the one SB)

5. ...

In this loss, if you were to rank who was most responsible:

1. Brady

2. OL

3. Maroney

4. Samuel

5. ...
I'd disagree. 1. Giants D Line

2. OL

3. Tyree

4. Brady
:rolleyes: So how much credit do you give their opponents for the Patriots wins in the previous SBs?Do you give STL #1 in credit for their loss? Only scoring 17 when they'd been the top scoring team in the league?

Do you give McNabb #1 credit for the Eagles loss with that bad pass?

What about Delhomme, does he get the most credit for the Patriots beating them?

:ph34r:

Comparing Brady to Aikman and Bradshaw is ridiculous.

Aikman- 61.5% career passer, 165tds/141ints (1.16 ratio), 81.6 rating

Bradshaw- 51.9% career passer, 212tds/210ints (1.01 ration), 70.9 rating

Tom Brady- 63% career passer, 197tds/86ints (2.29 ration), 92.9 rating

Anybody that threw 50 touchdowns and 8 ints with a 69% completion rating IS NOT OVERRATED.

In the previous SB wins, if you were to rank who was most important to them winning, you'd say:

1. Defense

2. Vinatieri

3. Brady

4. Branch (in the one SB)

5. ...

In this loss, if you were to rank who was most responsible:

1. Brady

2. OL

3. Maroney

4. Samuel

5. ...
I'd disagree. 1. Giants D Line

2. OL

3. Tyree

4. Brady
:lmao: So how much credit do you give their opponents for the Patriots wins in the previous SBs?Do you give STL #1 in credit for their loss? Only scoring 17 when they'd been the top scoring team in the league?

Do you give McNabb #1 credit for the Eagles loss with that bad pass?

What about Delhomme, does he get the most credit for the Patriots beating them?

:lmao:
The question would more likely go the other way... Does STL blame their QB or O line for the loss, or do they give credit to the Pats D that held them in check.I often credit the winner for WINNING the game. In none of the previous SBs for NE did I think the losing team LOST the game, I felt NE went out and won it. I believe the Giants did exactly that this year.

Yes, I give the Giants credit for winning the game. Their D line dominated the game, and was the number 1 factor in the outcome.

Granted, Tyree was just me being pissed he made that play. So strike #3. Sorry.

If you want to only discuss Patriots, then back to the earlier post...

I put more on the O Line than Brady for that game. He was knocked down nearly half of his dropbacks, even when hitting short routes. The last sack, I think Alford got to the 5 step spot before Brady did. The O line had its worst game of the year, bar none. Reviewing the game in my mind, I can think of about 3-5 throws off target where Brady was able to step in. He had 13 incompletions in total, 3 of them hail mary's ( one of which was right off Moss' hands in double coverage -- you seem to dispute that, too ) in the final 30 seconds. So he has somewhere between 5-7 incompetions while being hit, 3-5 incompletions on him, and 3 incompletions with the lowest % chance to be complete due to game situation etc.

Of the 5 sacks, I don't think I recall one where it would even be a coverage sack, but I could be wrong. I recall at least 3 sacks that were just about Brady plant / NYG hit. So I don't think Brady held the ball for sacks, either.

So I don't agree that the bulk of the blame go to Brady. In this game.

If you want to only discuss Patriots, then back to the earlier post...

I put more on the O Line than Brady for that game. He was knocked down nearly half of his dropbacks, even when hitting short routes. The last sack, I think Alford got to the 5 step spot before Brady did. The O line had its worst game of the year, bar none. Reviewing the game in my mind, I can think of about 3-5 throws off target where Brady was able to step in. He had 13 incompletions in total, 3 of them hail mary's ( one of which was right off Moss' hands in double coverage -- you seem to dispute that, too ) in the final 30 seconds. So he has somewhere between 5-7 incompetions while being hit, 3-5 incompletions on him, and 3 incompletions with the lowest % chance to be complete due to game situation etc.Of the 5 sacks, I don't think I recall one where it would even be a coverage sack, but I could be wrong. I recall at least 3 sacks that were just about Brady plant / NYG hit. So I don't think Brady held the ball for sacks, either.So I don't agree that the bulk of the blame go to Brady. In this game.
Fair enough... but Brady, even under pressure, has to make plays. And he didn't.

Comparing Brady to Aikman and Bradshaw is ridiculous.

Aikman- 61.5% career passer, 165tds/141ints (1.16 ratio), 81.6 rating

Bradshaw- 51.9% career passer, 212tds/210ints (1.01 ration), 70.9 rating

Tom Brady- 63% career passer, 197tds/86ints (2.29 ration), 92.9 rating

Anybody that threw 50 touchdowns and 8 ints with a 69% completion rating IS NOT OVERRATED.
I compared him to Manning and Favre in post 792 here - still waiting. :goodposting: BTW, the question was not whether or not Brady is overrated, it is whether or not he is the GOAT. Calling hime the GOAT based on one season IS overrating, but read post 792 if you wish to argue why - I don't feel like retyping it all again. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread