What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Not undervalued - The most disrespected player is? (1 Viewer)

I’m kinda on the fence about the Goff thing in regard to disrespect. The dude was drafted first overall and has been an NFL starter his entire career. When he got traded to Detroit—he got traded for Stafford— a very talented and respected qb.. The macro view of his career seems very respectful (very high pick, traded for a very valuable asset, has been a starter since he was drafted..etc). Sure—Goff has been criticized from time to time—but thats to be expected when you play the quarterback position. I don’t know if the “disrespect” that he has felt is anything close to what Lamar has. As I said earlier—people refused to even acknowledge him as a qb. People questioned his IQ. People thought he was nuts asking for the money that he did (especially with not having an agent). Lots of people accused the dude of exaggerating an injury and not being there for his team. Even with all of that noise, even on a team where he loses his main receiving target for a big portion of the season, even with him losing his starting running back very early in the season—in the season after he signed a big contract—he carried his team to a bye week and put up an MVP candidate season. The dude is legit one of the best players in the NFL—but has battled all sorts of disrespect throughout his career.

Well, this got way more heated than I expected. :lol:

Anyways, I'd have it personally at:
1) Goff 2) Cousins 3) Lamar

I think that seems to be somewhat of the consensus here as well, tho #3 can be argued to be najee

How has Cousins done in the post-season? Goff took his team to a SB and has post-season wins with two different franchises. And Cousins?
It's more than the QB to get to a Super Bowl. I would venture a guess that Cousins on those teams would have done just as good if not better than Goff

On two different teams, how many post-season wins does he have? And he has Justin Jefferson, the best WR in the game, so... :shrug:
Defense has something to say about that.......winning. Winning is an overrated stat for QB's. Too much credit when they win and too much blame when they lose. I would take Cousins over Goff any time.

I'm sorry, what is Goff doing this weekend? Oh, leading yet another team to the divisional round. And Cousins? Oh, right.....

Take the L boys. You're out of your league.
This is a team game, correct? Goff is being carried in his playoff career. If Detroit's Defense doesn't hold the Rams to 3 FG's in the redzone then Goff is sitting at home for the rest of the playoffs. He played well for sure. Probably the best he ever has in a playoff game, but put Cousins in that game for him and the outcome is the same or Detroit wins easier.

Going by your perception as team wins being the only metric to measure a QB then Trent Dilfer is one of the best of all time. Put him on Mt Rushmore.

The overarching thing everyone agrees on: It's your guy that gets disrespected. Everyone loves all the other players that aren't as good as your guy and don't actually deserve the respect.

I get emails all the time about how much I "hate" (whatever player they like more than me). When the reality is this is zero sum game. When I rank players, some are going to be lower than others. :shrug: Doesnt mean I hate them or disrespect them. It means two people have a different opinion.

How has Cousins done in the post-season? Goff took his team to a SB and has post-season wins with two different franchises. And Cousins?
It's more than the QB to get to a Super Bowl. I would venture a guess that Cousins on those teams would have done just as good if not better than Goff

On two different teams, how many post-season wins does he have? And he has Justin Jefferson, the best WR in the game, so... :shrug:
Defense has something to say about that.......winning. Winning is an overrated stat for QB's. Too much credit when they win and too much blame when they lose. I would take Cousins over Goff any time.

I'm sorry, what is Goff doing this weekend? Oh, leading yet another team to the divisional round. And Cousins? Oh, right.....

This is a team game, correct? Goff is being carried in his playoff career. If Detroit's Defense doesn't hold the Rams to 3 FG's in the redzone then Goff is sitting at home for the rest of the playoffs. He played well for sure. Probably the best he ever has in a playoff game, but put Cousins in that game for him and the outcome is the same or Detroit wins easier.

Going by your perception as team wins being the only metric to measure a QB then Trent Dilfer is one of the best of all time. Put him on Mt Rushmore.

People still talk about Trent Dilfer. He was recently featured in a show about that Ravens' team. He's not one of the best of all time but he is remembered.

You know who isn't talked about or remembered? Tony Banks. Or Kerry Collins, for that matter.

Go read Peter King's latest column. Offensive Player of the Week section. You know who is there? Give you a hint, it rhymes with Herrod Moff. Pretty high praise from a man who is the premier writer covering the NFL.

People still talk about Trent Dilfer. He was recently featured in a show about that Ravens' team. He's not one of the best of all time but he is remembered.

You know who isn't talked about or remembered? Tony Banks. Or Kerry Collins, for that matter.

Go read Peter King's latest column. Offensive Player of the Week section. You know who is there? Give you a hint, it rhymes with Herrod Moff. Pretty high praise from a man who is the premier writer covering the NFL.
Jim Cramer the premier Wall Street guy?

Well it's kind of funny how Stafford couldn't get the Lions to the playoffs but Goff has.
Stafford got the Lions to the playoffs three times. They lost all three, and they were all on the road. But he did get them there.
Alright I stand corrected.

Those times the Lions made the playoffs with Stafford very forgettable for me.

There was an egregious call against them on their loss against Dallas but Coach Caldwell also chose to punt on 4th down from the Dallas side of the field late in the game. Just a baffling decision.

And Daniel Jones >>>> Justin Herbert because he has more playoff wins, of course.

And Daniel Jones >>>> Justin Herbert because he has more playoff wins, of course.

Keep flapping your gums. Goff is preparing to host another playoff game while you're trying to buttress your losing argument.

Pick apart Goff's playoff WIN against the Rams. Go on.....
He played great. One of his best games ever. Doesn't change the fact he is an average to slightly above average QB.
Funny thing. If we call someone a slightly above average starting QB, It can sound disrespectful. We call someone a top 12 QB and that’s respect. Yet, #12 is basically slightly above average. :shrug: (

Users who are viewing this thread