What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Isaiah Crowell (1 Viewer)

If you have Crow would you pick up Duke if it meant dropping Devante Parker?
I think it all depends on how strong your WRs are and how weak you are at RB. In a vaccuum I don't think one is any better than the other.
We start 2 WR and have AJ and Matthews w Fitz on bench so Parker would basically be my 1 keeper.

Does Duke really have the chance to be a bellcow or is he really just a scat back ? Some have said he can't carry the load but dude is listed at 220?
He weighed 207 at the Combine.

Just an observation

One year ago, everybody was saying how good this guy looked and how natural of an RB he is.

Now everybody is saying he's ordinary and nothing special.

It's like they look at the box score and that skews how they see him play...

Just an observation

One year ago, everybody was saying how good this guy looked and how natural of an RB he is.

Look at his highlights from last year and show me where he looks special. I don't see anything special at all.

if he doesn't figure it out in the next couple of games i will admit i was wrong and he's likely not long for the NFL.

still hoping/expecting for him to break out, though.

I'm starting him over Alfred Morris, not sure that says much haha. The kid has talent, but the Browns are a mess.

Just an observation

Look at his highlights from last year and show me where he looks special. I don't see anything special at all.
this.

Dude is riding the bench until he proves he deserves to be in my starting lineup. Took an L last week because i started him over sproles in ppr

RealReactions said:
Dude is riding the bench until he proves he deserves to be in my starting lineup. Took an L last week because i started him over sproles in ppr
You used him vs the Jets. That was your mistake.

nice, and mostly thanks to the browns defensive effort. not sure if he's going to break into the lineup just yet, but crow owners needed a game like this. and if you're not sold, maybe a decent time to move him.

I would like to see more than 15 carries, but I heard the entire offense only ran 45 plays.

Not a bad outing. I could really use his help while Lacy is on the mend, Hill tries to figure things out, Randle escapes the pit of mediocrity, and Fisher unleashes the Gurley.

seems like a split at this point with Crow likely getting the RZ touches and Duke getting the receptions when they start to throw to the RB.

pretty inexcusable for the guy to be running that well and only get 15 carries, while nursing a lead.

exact type of back who will dominate late in a game due to his bruising style.

guy slapped about 3 defenders at once on his way into the endzone

pretty inexcusable for the guy to be running that well and only get 15 carries, while nursing a lead.

that's a fair point...you'd certainly hope with that perfect game script...at home up 28-0 at the half and you end up with 15 carries...from the looks of it neither guy has distinguished themselves so far so it'll likely remain a timeshare/split.

The 2nd half played out like this:

Crowell, 7 carries : 9, 8, -3, 15, 6, 2, 2 = 5.6ypc

Duke, 7 carries: -1, -1, 5, -2, 0, 3, 2 = 0.85ypc

Now... a very small sample size, but I've always said Crow is a guy who needs to run 20+ a game, esp late in the game when his bruising style takes it's toll on the opponent.

The way the game ended is pretty telling... Crow just looked miles better, and got a filthy, hard-earned score.

It's the Browns. They are lucky they didn't cut him after the 2014 preseason.

Johnson looks a bit small to be a 3 down NFL back to me.
He is. Not sure why people think he is going to be the guy there when history shows guys that size are not 3 down RBs anymore. I've been fooled twice (Gio & Freeman). Wasn't getting fooled this year.

Johnson looks a bit small to be a 3 down NFL back to me.
He is. Not sure why people think he is going to be the guy there when history shows guys that size are not 3 down RBs anymore. I've been fooled twice (Gio & Freeman). Wasn't getting fooled this year.
what matters is what the coaches do and who they play...right now it's an even split after 2 games 26 snaps for Duke and 24 for Crow.

I told myself I wasn't getting sucked in to having any shares of this committee this year, after having West and Crowell last year in one league.

Then the preseason rolled along, I liked what I was hearing and it looked like Crowell would at least be good value where he went in drafts.

So I got him on 2 squads, and got Duke right with him in the last or next to last round too.

I will likely end up starting Crow some weeks, he looks like he is going to be a good spot play here and there.

But if he fumbles one more time at the wrong moment, I fear he will be benched again, at least temporarily.

I have to start him in one league this week for sure, where I have him, Alfred Morris, Lamar Miller and a few back up type guys.

This guy looks good in spots but is frustrating to own.... and I'm starting to think Pettine isn't doing any of us any favors either, or at least it doesn't seem that way.

TZM

Last edited by a moderator:
Browns coach Mike Pettine expects to stick with a committee at running back going forward, though he acknowledges Isaiah Crowell "responded" in Sunday's win against the Titans after a rough Week 1.
Pettine was especially pleased with Crowell shedding a "bunch" of tackles after he was bottled up by the Jets in the opener. Crowell out-touched Duke Johnson just 15-12 on Sunday, but averaged 4.8 yards per carry to Johnson's 3.6. Although it hasn't happened yet, Johnson should develop as a passing-down complement to Crowell's early-down banging.

Right now it looks like Crow is really focusing on not fumbling. He's covering it up with both hands well before he hits the hole and well after he gets through the first line. Ball security is obviously on his mind.

Don't get me wrong I think he's running good now but IMO this is slowing him down getting through the holes. He's not fumbling, yes but he's also not hitting home runs either. Once he feels comfortable again holding on to the football I think we see him break some longer runs. Looking forward to watching him the rest of the year to see how he progresses.

It's a much better situation for him with Manziel at QB. He's not afraid to take the top off the D. McCown, I'm not so sure.

For fantasy purposes I'd rather have Crow because inside the 10 he's money but neither are very spectacular plays right now.

I've been on an NFL GamePass binge over the past couple of days and as you might guess Crow was one of the players I was most excited to see run from week 2. For the most part, he ran decisively. When a cut-back lane presented itself he'd burst through it and in to the second level. It was actually his 4-yard gains that were most impressive to me, as they encapsulate the decisiveness I spoke about above. His longer gains should largely be credited to the OL who opened up some massive holes for him late in the game. Lastly, on a handful of carries he showed the ability to get to the edge quickly, it may be a part of his game that is slightly underestimated.

I started him over Ivory last week, mostly because I'm a bush and will auto sit anyone who I think may be hampered by an injury. I also noticed something interesting leading up to week 2 to aid that decision and it was his home/away splits. Last year..

Home - 69/319/3 (4.6YPC)

Away - 79/288/5 (3.6YPC)

It could mean something or nothing entirely. :shrug:

Now for the OAK match-up. First off, its at home (again, may mean nothing). Vegas has CLE favored by 4.5 with an O/U of 41.5 so game flow is predicted to be in his favor. I also ended up watching some film of Taliaferro who faced off against OAK last week, he had no problem gashing them on the few runs he was given (7/34/1). Forsett didn't do too bad himself (15/68/0) but I feel Taliaferro is a better comp. I think crow could have a very similar game to the one he had vs. TEN last week and I think it puts him squarely on RB2/flex radar. What I really want to see is him touch the ball 20 times a game but that just isn't going to happen with Duke around, even if Duke was much more ineffective last week.

if there was ever a time to play him its this week. west coast team with a middling defense coming off a big win into playing an early game out east. im flexing crow with confidence for the first time in two seasons.

I uploaded all of Crow's touches vs. TEN. Please watch and draw your own conclusions.
whats alarming is the lack of players helping him up, aside from 77 going out of his way a few times everyone else just walks away. i wonder how many teammates went to his birthday party...

I uploaded all of Crow's touches vs. TEN. Please watch and draw your own conclusions.
thx for that, especially for those of us w/o the ticket.

some observations.

the 4th qtr sweep to the left gives me some hope.

mack was getting tossed around like a rag doll on several plays

Thomas is a beast

surprised to see crow lined up at FB in a few sets

I liked the general LOS vs. TN

crow looks the part. now he just needs to break a couple long runs (Benjamin's downfield blocking is not good)

starting him at rb2 over d martin w/ woodhead at flex in a 14 teamer.

if there was ever a time to play him its this week. west coast team with a middling defense coming off a big win into playing an early game out east. im flexing crow with confidence for the first time in two seasons.

whats alarming is the lack of players helping him up, aside from 77 going out of his way a few times everyone else just walks away. i wonder how many teammates went to his birthday party...
Costner would still draft him.

Users who are viewing this thread