What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

It's a Wonderful Life (2 Viewers)

I love this movie for so many reasons.It seems every few years, it shows me something different. I pick up on some subtle nuance or a scene seems to touch me in a different way than before.And I've already given fair warning to this board before...they greenlight a remake and I'm going on a spree.
Who would play Donna Reed's character? I am leaning towards Jessica Biel or the chick from Mad Men.

I love this movie for so many reasons.It seems every few years, it shows me something different. I pick up on some subtle nuance or a scene seems to touch me in a different way than before.And I've already given fair warning to this board before...they greenlight a remake and I'm going on a spree.
Who would play Donna Reed's character? I am leaning towards Jessica Biel or the chick from Mad Men.
Sofia Vergara.Seriously, Diane Lane has the kind of face i'd like to see in the part, but she's a lil old now (never thought i'd say that). JJones is a good choice, but I think Scarlett would nail it.The answer, though, is no one.

I like the Dana Carvey SNL alternative ending where the town beats the #### out of Mr. Potter.

People realize this movie tanked when it came out right?

Sofia Vergara.Seriously, Diane Lane has the kind of face i'd like to see in the part, but she's a lil old now (never thought i'd say that). JJones is a good choice, but I think Scarlett would nail it.The answer, though, is no one.
If you need a younger Diane Lane then Ashley Judd should suffice.And I'm not playing about the spree...

I'm always surprised by the line when George and Mary are in her house and the mom asks what's going on and Mary responds, "He's making violent love to me, mother." Seems awfully risque for the time period and would likely get you a timeout here.
Exactly. Stuff like that is awesome. This is right up there for me with the part where the dude rushes home to see his wife after seeing Violet on the street.

Nobody who actually watched this movie can say it was awful, so I am assuming that is counter shtick to those saying Grand Torino was the best movie ever. Am I close?

Capracorn as the critics said at the time. I would rather watch Christmas in July by Preston Strurges (not a holiday film but more fun to watch),

No matter how many times I've seen this movie, I can't help feeling enraged with that IDIOT Uncle Billy loses the money. And I guess, that's part of it's greatness. I know it's coming and I just can't stop it every single year. :wall:

'Deepster said:
No matter how many times I've seen this movie, I can't help feeling enraged with that IDIOT Uncle Billy loses the money. And I guess, that's part of it's greatness. I know it's coming and I just can't stop it every single year. :wall:
I blame George for trusting Billy with the money in the first place. Billy couldn't even remember to go to George's wedding for Christ's sake!

If you're not on the verge of happy tears at the end each time you watch this then you're not human.

Jimmy Stewart may be my favorite actor of all time.

'Deepster said:
I blame George for trusting Billy with the money in the first place. Billy couldn't even remember to go to George's wedding for Christ's sake!
He delivered a baby in Stagecoach. Got to give him credit for that.

We were talking about this very thing yesterday...Wizard of Oz and It's A Wonderful Life are all-time greats. I also cast a vote for Sound of Music but was rejected.
Thirty minutes in and I was rooting for the Nazi's to come and pack the Von Trapps into a railroad car.Dorthy, the original Gangsta. Does a drive by with a house to steal someone's shoes.

Last edited by a moderator:
And the radiance of love in Donna Reed's pure, clear face is the reason why of reasons why. Finestkind.
This.I rank it with Gone With The Wind and Casablanca.great, great movies.
I watched Gone With the Wind and thought "What is all the hype about?" I think it's like how the English Patient got so much hype. Or maybe it was that generations Twilight. Clark Gable's character was the only good part.

Love IAWL.

I used to always watch March of the Wooden Soldiers as a kid but it never seems to be on anymore.

Die Hard. I watch that every Christmas season too.

always makes me wonder what life would have been like if I had never been born.

Considering all I do is sit at home and watch movies like this.... probably not much different.

first time i've ever seen the word "juxtaposition" actually used.

the movie must be deep.
Seriously?I had no need for this movie after 12 years old or so. If I want some Christmas fun, give me the Grinch and Rudolph. Those are more realistic.

The Thanksgiving and Christmas episodes of the West Wing are pretty great if you like sentimentality.

Easily a top 5 Xmas movie of all time, and truly a masterpiece of a classic movie regardless of genre.

Hard to believe anyone could trash it, but haters gonna hate...

That's just what they do IMO. No reason to try to reason with them.

Why is it so hard to believe that this tripe could be trashed? Let me see. In this movie if a person is a competent businessman then the movie says that you are an worthless POS, but be a complete totally incompetent F!n moron at your job and guess what? You're a saint.

Sorry. I'm not one of the sheep that says I have to like this feel good film because Jimmy Stewart is in it with a sappy go into sugar shock ending

Why is it so hard to believe that this tripe could be trashed? Let me see. In this movie if a person is a competent businessman then the movie says that you are an worthless POS, but be a complete totally incompetent F!n moron at your job and guess what? You're a saint.
Sam Wainwright says Hee-Haw and go to hell!

Users who are viewing this thread